/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Organ Donation

Rabi'ya
11-15-2005, 03:38 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS

I am currently working for a call centre where we take calls on behalf of the UK Organ Donor Group.

The UK Organ Donor Group holds a database of people who are willing to give their organs for possible transplants once they have passed away. There are many people who could benefit from this and I would urge you all to consider it.

As part of the information we are taught we are told that there is a distinct lack of registered Organ Donors from Black and Asian ethnic groups.

It is medically more viable to get a match for an organ donor where the donor and recipient are from the same ethnic group.

It is also more likely that you will need an organ donation and become an organ donor.

As Muslims I think we should seriously consider giving this kind of charity.

In 1995 The Muslim(Shariah) Council UK issued a fatwa on organ donation.. The council resolved that
- the council supports organ transplantation as a means of alleviating pain or saving life on the basis of the rules of Shariah
- Muslims may carry donor cards
- the next of kin of a dead person, in the absence of a card or and expressed wish to donate their organs, may give permission to obtain organs from the body to save other people's lives.

The fatwa is based on the Islamic principle of al-darurat tubih al-mahzurat. Normally, violating the human body, is forbidden in Islam - but the Shariah believes that this can be overruled when saving the life of another person.

There are howevere a significant number of scholars who believet hat organ donation is not permissible and as both viewpoints take their evidence from Quraan and hadith, I would ask you all to do your own research and make an informed decision.

Whosoever saves the life of one person it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.5:32

If anyone wants information or wishes to register please let me know.

Just think how you would feel if a close friend or relative of yours needed a transplant, how much better would you feel knowing that you are on the organ donor register and could help someone in the future.

jazakAllah for reading

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ameeratul Layl
11-15-2005, 03:40 PM
:sl:

So basically, I carry a card to say that wen I die (wow...thats a big one). Doctors can take my organs to help save the lives of others.

Are we not meant to go to Allah as we came on this Earth....?

Im curious....

Allah ma3ik:loving:

Rabi'ya
11-15-2005, 03:44 PM
As I said it it up to you to make an informed decision. Personally I would like to know that after my body is of no ise to me that it could possibly be used to hepl someone else lead a better quality of life.

You can carry a donor card but nowadays they are urging people to register on a central database which is linked to your nhs records. Then its easier and less upsetting for doctors to have to ask close relatives.

You can donate
Liver
Heart
Lungs
Kidneys
Corneas
Pancreas
Skin
Bone

I really hope you guys wanna help. You can register online at www.uktransplant.org.uk
I really think its a worthwhile cause and Im asking coz the majority of people on this forum are from black and asian background.

Ameeratul Layl
11-15-2005, 03:46 PM
I really hope you guys wanna help. You can register online at www.uktransplant.org.uk
I really think its a worthwhile cause and Im asking coz the majority of people on this forum are from black and asian background.

Rabi'ya:rose:[/QUOTE]

:sl: Ill give it a go...but Ill ask my mommy if she approves. Poor woamn,shell probably faint at such a thought....Never mind...ill make her a cuppa.:playing:

InshAllah sis.

Allah ma3ik

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Halima
11-15-2005, 08:53 PM

Sister Rabi'ya,

If a person has donated or wants to donate, under the laws of U.K does it state that they are planning or have already donated on their driver's license? I'm inquisitive about this because that's how it's like here in the U.S.

sapphire
11-15-2005, 08:54 PM
sis rabi'ya...ummm i thinkkkkkkkk that its against islammm!!!!i'll have to search up proof for this....

Halima
11-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Is Organ donation permissable in Islam?

The donation of organs is contingent on the donor’s permission or the permission of the inheritors of donors after the donor’s death.

Upholding the dignity of the deceased is something afforded to the deceased by Islamic law. It may not be violated by others without the deceased’s permission.

This right, however, is bequeathed to the inheritors in the same way that the inheritors have the right to make a request on behalf of the deceased to pursue criminal prosecution of one who has slandered the deceased.

Permission is considered, therefore, if granted by the deceased or by the inheritors of the deceased, in consideration of their being those legally charged with upholding the honor of the deceased.

The organs of the deceased may be donated if the person permitted the donation of his organs before death, or if that permission is given by the joint decision of all of the inheritors.

And Allah knows best.

for more information please visit:

www.islamtoday.com

Rabi'ya
11-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Sister Halima - you can choose to have the option put on your license. However, when you die you may not have your driving license on you and the doctors would not know you are a donor. It is not compulsory to cary your license with you in UK. Also having a central register makes it easier for doctors to check upon the death of a person.

Sister Sapphie - IT is one of those topics which is heavily debated in Islam. As I said orginally it is up to you to do your own research and make an informed decision. However, I would personally benefit from knowing that maybe, after Im dead, I may be able to ease the pain and suffereing and even mayb e help to prolong life of another person, with Allahs will.

Halima
11-19-2005, 05:17 PM
:sl: Salaam Sister,

Ok i think the same thing applies here in U.S aswell. Thank you for the feedback. Jazakhallah khair.

saidaharther
05-19-2006, 07:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
:sl: brothers and sisters

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS

I am currently working for a call centre where we take calls on behalf of the UK Organ Donor Group.

The UK Organ Donor Group holds a database of people who are willing to give their organs for possible transplants once they have passed away. There are many people who could benefit from this and I would urge you all to consider it.

As part of the information we are taught we are told that there is a distinct lack of registered Organ Donors from Black and Asian ethnic groups.

It is medically more viable to get a match for an organ donor where the donor and recipient are from the same ethnic group.

It is also more likely that you will need an organ donation and become an organ donor.

As Muslims I think we should seriously consider giving this kind of charity.

In 1995 The Muslim(Shariah) Council UK issued a fatwa on organ donation.. The council resolved that
- the council supports organ transplantation as a means of alleviating pain or saving life on the basis of the rules of Shariah
- Muslims may carry donor cards
- the next of kin of a dead person, in the absence of a card or and expressed wish to donate their organs, may give permission to obtain organs from the body to save other people's lives.

The fatwa is based on the Islamic principle of al-darurat tubih al-mahzurat. Normally, violating the human body, is forbidden in Islam - but the Shariah believes that this can be overruled when saving the life of another person.

There are howevere a significant number of scholars who believet hat organ donation is not permissible and as both viewpoints take their evidence from Quraan and hadith, I would ask you all to do your own research and make an informed decision.

Whosoever saves the life of one person it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.5:32

If anyone wants information or wishes to register please let me know.

Just think how you would feel if a close friend or relative of yours needed a transplant, how much better would you feel knowing that you are on the organ donor register and could help someone in the future.

jazakAllah for reading

but dead person feels pain isnt it? so removing organs will mean that we go through suffering when we die?

Rabi'ya
05-22-2006, 12:45 PM

as I said sister, I am not a scholar, and its up to individuals to make their choice. I am jsut higlighting the possiblilities available...

You should do your own research first before coming to a decision.

I am still researching it myself, so inshAllah i will come to some of my own conclusions soon enough

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.