/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reviving the Islamic Spirit Convention

libyanhero
11-18-2005, 03:59 AM
Asalamu3alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

I would just like to spread the word of this magnificant conference, I been to the last 2 conventions and Mashallah it is beautiful and the number of attendees has skyrocketed Mashallah. This a must see convention, the knowledge is everlasting and we all have to strive and revive ourselves from with, we all need meanings to our lives and this conference if not strengthen you will provide you with the fundamental knowledge you need for everyday living. The theme this year will be "Islamic Civilization" we have scholars coming from all over the word "Egypt,Mauritania,Syria and more" this conference if not affect your lives will be unforgettable.

It is all of our duties to seek knowledge and this one is massive and I have never seen in the history of Islam Mashallah. So spread the word and Inshallah Allah will reward you

visit www.revivingtheislamicspirit.com for more information

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anis_z24
11-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Salam
I have been to the last to.
It was great

Noor
11-21-2005, 04:33 AM
:sl:

Where is Mukhtar Maghraoui??????:'(

Not Fair!!!!

And Hassen Rasool?

:w:

anis_z24
11-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Salam

I had hope that Amr Khaled and Mokhtar Maghrawi could come..
But I still plan to come

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
libyanhero
11-23-2005, 02:35 AM
Omar Abdul Kafy is coming if you don't know him check his website

www.abdelkafy.net mashallah he is so enlightened with knowledge, I learn alot from him

*!~Faith~!*
11-25-2005, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor

Where is Mukhtar Maghraoui??????:'(
:

No Mukhtar Maghraoui this time :( But there's plenty of other speakers to look fwd too :) Are you comin sis??? I better see u there :p

libyanhero
11-25-2005, 06:05 PM
The RIS organizing committee would like to invite you to attend a meeting to take ownership of this conference as planners and volunteers.

Where: Bahen Centre Room 1170, University of Toronto St.George.

When:Sunday November 27th

Time:1:00pm-3:00pm

Directions

TTC: From Queens Park Station, walk west on College st., and North on St.George st. on West Side.

Car: Take DVP to Bay/Bloor go. West on Bloor and South on St.George st., before College St. on west. Street parking available.

This meeting is mandatory for those wishing to help out on the day of the conference. Teams for specific tasks will be delegated and planning groups will be formed.

To ensure you are on the official volunteer list go to www.revivingtheislamicspirit.com and click on the volunteer signup link. If you have already done so thank you very much.

For those going you can now purchase your tickets online

Noor
11-29-2005, 04:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *!~Faith~!*
No Mukhtar Maghraoui this time :( But there's plenty of other speakers to look fwd too :) Are you comin sis??? I better see u there :p

I'm not sure. I might be leaving toronto!:(....if not, I'll so see you there, InshAllah!

Still, I had dreamt about the day I would hear Mukhtar Maghraoui again, I guess I'll have to dream some more.

libyanhero
12-01-2005, 12:59 PM
trailer is up, u gotta see it go here http://www.revivingtheislamicspirit....edia-room.asp#

libyanhero
12-05-2005, 12:34 AM
19 more days can't wait this is an awesome conference anyone else here is going or knows people going

Noor
12-07-2005, 11:03 PM

CAN'T WAIT!

Man, the trailer is off da hook! It's giving me some massive goosebumps.

Hamza Yusuf: "The secret of this world: If you remove love of dunya from your heart, the dunya is yours for the taking, you can have the dunya because it is in your hand and not in your heart."

Zaid Shakir: "Bringing the Muslims Together, and working on developing our strengths and realizing the potential of our community based on the common things that we share as Muslims, is an Idea whose time as truly come"

Noor
12-07-2005, 11:31 PM

Another quote by Zaid Shakir:

" 'You know I know more than you and my way is better than your way', well unless we show people that Islam is bigger than my way and bigger than your way then we should all get on the highway and get out of here and lets some better people come and do the job Islam is calling us to do. And it's a blessing that the young people who've put this conference together are trying to bring speakers and scholars from all different orientations to emphasize to us all thats it's bigger than me and its bigger than you and it's not about me and its not about you, its about us and what we can do as Muslims to make this world a better place for EVERYONE!"
----
is this not the quote of a lifetime, for not only individuals who are attending this conference but for all Muslims around the world, to take home and practice this way of thinking towards their own communities for a better Ummah?

Man, I'm moving to California...next stop-----Zaytuna Institute! ...kidding...

*!~Faith~!*
12-08-2005, 12:16 AM

Another quote by Zaid Shakir:

" 'You know I know more than you and my way is better than your way', well unless we show people that Islam is bigger than my way and bigger than your way then we should all get on the highway and get out of here and lets some better people come and do the job Islam is calling us to do. And it's a blessing that the young people who've put this conference together are trying to bring speakers and scholars from all different orientations to emphasize to us all thats it's bigger than me and its bigger than you and it's not about me and its not about you, its about us and what we can do as Muslims to make this world a better place for EVERYONE!"

ahhhh thats my fave part!! lol..cant believe u actually wrote it down :P It's gonna be live this year :D

Noor
12-08-2005, 12:22 AM
ahhhh thats my fave part!! lol..cant believe u actually wrote it down :P It's gonna be live this year :D

I couldn't help it!:)

I watch the trailer like every five seconds. If the trailer is off da hook, I wonder how the conference will be like!.....cant wait, cant wait, can't wait!

karim
12-08-2005, 12:39 AM

i see that you are :happy: thats great.

*!~Faith~!*
12-08-2005, 01:16 AM
yea the trailer gets u pumped up and excited..lol, which i guess was the purpose behind it :p

*!~Faith~!*
12-19-2005, 10:25 PM
4 more dayz..just 4 more days left :D Sr.Noor I hope ur as hyped up as I am ;)

pious_hijabi
12-20-2005, 12:20 AM

All I have to say is that this conference is going to be bomber than bomb. InshaAllah hope to see yall there. Peace in the Middle east!

Sister Noor, JazakAllahkhair for providing the quotes.

servent
12-21-2005, 06:15 AM
alhumdoliallah ALLAH gave us this opertunity to go to a wounderful event i realy can not wait it will be so fun inshallah and we will have to gain sume knowledg inshallah one of my favorite sharyks will be there inshallah mohammed alsherief alhudolilallah but serog wahodg isnt coming next time inshallah kair alhumdolilallah im going for all 4 days this will be my 3rd comference in all inshallah best of all may ALLAH keep our intentions clean and clear inshallah and may he keep us safe on our jouneys and strong in eman inshallah kair.jazak allah kair salam ala cum warahamatoallah hewabaracatowho................................... ....:loving: :sister:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-21-2005, 06:00 PM

I was just about to post this, it seems cool, i really wish i could go. Anyone here going? Ansar?

Noor
12-21-2005, 07:56 PM

TWO MORE DAYS!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WALAH, I CANNOT WAIT!

Zaid Shakir....Zakir Naik.....AHHHHH!

Session 4
7:45 PM – 9:30 PM Living History – Marking the Past, Building the Future, Ms. Shabazz

What Would Malcolm Say?, Imam Zaid Shakir

I especially am waiting for this^^^^^^^^

You can view the program on the site: http://www.revivingtheislamicspirit....on/program.asp

AbuIbnHasan
12-22-2005, 12:38 AM
Muhammed Al-Shareef!!!!

I definatly wanna go now.

BTW he's the person who started Al-Maghrib.

Noor
12-22-2005, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbuIbnHasan
BTW he's the person who started Al-Maghrib.

Of course he's the founder of Al Maghrib! Do you know how much he talks about Qabeelat Hosna!?! A lot...and it bothers me!

Shaikh Muhammad Alshareef was on the radio today with Andy Barries on 99.1FM this morning at 6:30 am.
There will be a link to the show available on the website all day. http://www.cbc.ca/metromorning/

Go and Listen.

You should come to the convention... This is Muhammad Al Shareef's portion:

DAY 2 - December 24th, 2005
Session 6:
10:00 AM– 12:15 PM On the Shoulders of Giants: The Prophet’s Leaders, Ustad Muhammad Alshareef

*!~Faith~!*
12-22-2005, 12:50 AM
Sr.Noor...nahh girl its all about Sh.Sulaiman Mulla and his arabic poetry :p and *gasp* guess what? Sh.Mohktar Mahgroui is comin after all!! :D see u all there!

Noor
12-22-2005, 12:56 AM
Sr.Noor...nahh girl its all about Sh.Sulaiman Mulla and his arabic poetry :p and *gasp* guess what? Sh.Mohktar Mahgroui is comin after all!! :D see u all there!

How dare you give me a mild heart attack???? I want PROOF!

*!~Faith~!*
12-22-2005, 12:59 AM
The proof will inshallah be at the conference, we're told last minute at the volunteer meeting that he canceled his hajj plans just to come. Inshallah he'll be there.

Sh.Muhammad Al-Shareef on radio! awesomeeeee...RIS made it on the radio :D lol mashallah.

Noor
12-22-2005, 01:00 AM

Darling Pie, I'm ssssssoooooo happy to hear this great great great great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who else do I not know is coming?...like Siraj Wahaj?

*!~Faith~!*
12-22-2005, 01:06 AM
No word about Siraj Wahaj

AbuIbnHasan
12-22-2005, 01:29 AM

Of course he's the founder of Al Maghrib! Do you know how much he talks about Qabeelat Hosna!?! A lot...and it bothers me!

Shaikh Muhammad Alshareef was on the radio today with Andy Barries on 99.1FM this morning at 6:30 am.
There will be a link to the show available on the website all day. http://www.cbc.ca/metromorning/

Go and Listen.

You should come to the convention... This is Muhammad Al Shareef's portion:

DAY 2 - December 24th, 2005
Session 6:
10:00 AM– 12:15 PM On the Shoulders of Giants: The Prophet’s Leaders, Ustad Muhammad Alshareef

He talks about Hosna all the time cause we spoil him :coolious:

m_89
01-03-2006, 04:57 AM
I volunteered for the RIS convention this year and it was an awesome experience! I talked persoanlly with Shaykh Abdullah Adami. Cant wait for next years RIS 5!!!:sister:

shudnt_have
01-03-2006, 05:27 AM
I heard, they had Knowledge camp as well after the conference? Did anyone attend the camp? If so, could you share your thoughts with us? Please

m_89
01-03-2006, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shudnt_have
I heard, they had Knowledge camp as well after the conference? Did anyone attend the camp? If so, could you share your thoughts with us? Please

Im sorry, i didnt attend the camp. Infact i dont even know someone who actually attended. However, i heard Dr Tariq Al Suwaidan, Shaikh Abdullah bin Bayyah would be there.

m_89
01-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Dr.Tarig Al Swaidan discovered some verses in the Holy Quran that mention one thing is equal to another, i.e. men are equal to women.

Although this makes sense grammatically, the astonishing fact is that the number of times the word man appears in the Quran is 24 and number of times the word woman appears is also 24, therefore not only is this phrase correct in the grammatical sense but also true mathematically, i.e. 24 = 24.

Upon further analysis of various verses, he discovered that this is consistent throughout the whole Quran, where it says one thing is like another. See below for astonishing result of the words mentioned number of times in Arabic Quran: Word/ Meaning Mentioned in the Quran

Al-Dunya (This world) 115
Al-Akhira (The hereafter) 115

Word/ Meaning Mentioned in the Quran
Al-Mala'ikah (Angels) 88
Al-Shayateen (Satan) 88

Al-Hayat (Life) 145
Al-Maout (Death) 145

Al-Rajul (Man) 24
Al-Mar'ha (Women) 24

Benefi't 50 . Corrupt 50
People 50 .. Messengers 50
Eblees (king of devils) 11 . Seek refuge from Eblees 11
Museebah (calamity) 75 . Thanks 75
Spending (Sadaqah) 73 . Satisfaction 73
People who are mislead 17 . Dead people 17
Muslimeen 41 . Jihad 41
Magic 60 . Fitnah (dissuasion, misleading) 60
Zakat (Taxes Muslims pay to the poor) 32 . Barakah (Increasing or blessings of wealth) 32
Mind 49 . Noor 49
Tongue 25 . Sermon 25
Speaking publicly 18 . Publicising 18
Hardship 114 .... Patience 114
Muhammad 4 . Sharee'ah (Muhammad's teachings) 4
Al-Shahr Month 12

Al-Yahom Day 365

Al-bahar Sea 32
Al-bar Land 13

If we add up the total words of both "sea" and "land" we get 45. Now if we do a simple calculation:
32/45 X 100% = 71.11111111%
13/45 X 100% = 28.88888888%

Above is what we know today, the percentages of Water (Sea) and Land in the world. Yet another miracle in the Quran.

The Miracles of the Quran will never end. There will never be a time where mankind can fully take in the knowledge that is in this holy book. It is a miracle to all mankind, the word of God. There is no value that one can set to the words of the Creator. It is a treasure of which guides those that want to succeed in this life and the hereafter.

shudnt_have
01-07-2006, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by m_89
Dr.Tarig Al Swaidan discovered some verses in the Holy Quran that mention one thing is equal to another, i.e. men are equal to women.

Although this makes sense grammatically, the astonishing fact is that the number of times the word man appears in the Quran is 24 and number of times the word woman appears is also 24, therefore not only is this phrase correct in the grammatical sense but also true mathematically, i.e. 24 = 24.

Upon further analysis of various verses, he discovered that this is consistent throughout the whole Quran, where it says one thing is like another. See below for astonishing result of the words mentioned number of times in Arabic Quran: Word/ Meaning Mentioned in the Quran

Al-Dunya (This world) 115
Al-Akhira (The hereafter) 115

Al-Mala'ikah (Angels) 88
Al-Shayateen (Satan) 88

Al-Hayat (Life) 145
Al-Maout (Death) 145

Al-Rajul (Man) 24
Al-Mar'ha (Women) 24

Benefi't 50 . Corrupt 50
People 50 .. Messengers 50
Eblees (king of devils) 11 . Seek refuge from Eblees 11
Museebah (calamity) 75 . Thanks 75
Spending (Sadaqah) 73 . Satisfaction 73
People who are mislead 17 . Dead people 17
Muslimeen 41 . Jihad 41
Magic 60 . Fitnah (dissuasion, misleading) 60
Zakat (Taxes Muslims pay to the poor) 32 . Barakah (Increasing or blessings of wealth) 32
Mind 49 . Noor 49
Tongue 25 . Sermon 25
Speaking publicly 18 . Publicising 18
Hardship 114 .... Patience 114
Muhammad 4 . Sharee'ah (Muhammad's teachings) 4
Al-Shahr Month 12

Al-Yahom Day 365

Al-bahar Sea 32
Al-bar Land 13

If we add up the total words of both "sea" and "land" we get 45. Now if we do a simple calculation:
32/45 X 100% = 71.11111111%
13/45 X 100% = 28.88888888%

Above is what we know today, the percentages of Water (Sea) and Land in the world. Yet another miracle in the Quran.

The Miracles of the Quran will never end. There will never be a time where mankind can fully take in the knowledge that is in this holy book. It is a miracle to all mankind, the word of God. There is no value that one can set to the words of the Creator. It is a treasure of which guides those that want to succeed in this life and the hereafter.
:sl: Thankyou for the post, This is all discovery of Dr. Tariq SSawudian? No wayyyyyyyyy really?? I am shockedd:giggling: MashAllah. if it is his work..impressive.

m_89
01-07-2006, 09:25 PM
wats so shocking about it? he made soo many other great points.

He claimed that 'jins' cant take over your body because he stated from the Quran that we have control over evil. But most disagree cuz there have been cases of jins like that..

Also, his wife has a channel and appears on tv, so once someone said to Dr Tariq Suwaidan that what your wife does is haram cuz when she's on tv, other men look at her. He replied that what she does is not haram, but what the other men are doing is haram.

shudnt_have
01-07-2006, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by m_89
wats so shocking about it? he made soo many other great points.

He claimed that 'jins' cant take over your body because he stated from the Quran that we have control over evil. But most disagree cuz there have been cases of jins like that..

Also, his wife has a channel and appears on tv, so once someone said to Dr Tariq Suwaidan that what your wife does is haram cuz when she's on tv, other men look at her. He replied that what she does is not haram, but what the other men are doing is haram.
Asalaamu alikum dear M_89
He also said something about one of the scholars,being 'obessive compulsive'. I dont agree with his jinn theory, either respectively:) . He tried separating logic and faith. He calculated, that it is logically impossible for Imam Hanafi to perform 1000 rakats of Nawafil prayer, which I dont think is correct. Having said, I respect him as today's dedicated and leading scholars of our age, who wants to acheive Islamic Civilization, may Allah subhallah wah tallah make his dream come true. inshaAllah. may we aid in this beautiful revelotion. Indeed, Allah swt has grant him with management talents.MashaAllah, May Alllah swt be pleased with his hard-work. ameen.
ps. I was present at the RIZ conference, but I couldnt make it to the Retreat.

m_89
01-17-2006, 02:37 AM
I see, were you volunteering for it?

salman128
01-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Ivanagotothis

Nabal12
02-04-2006, 09:43 PM
I wanted to go to this so badly. All my muslim friends had a chance to go for atleast one of the three days. Does anyone know if we can see the speeches that were made at the conference on the internet? Any links you could post for us. I wanted to see Malcolm X's daughter as well.

*!~Faith~!*
02-04-2006, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabal12
I wanted to go to this so badly. All my muslim friends had a chance to go for atleast one of the three days. Does anyone know if we can see the speeches that were made at the conference on the internet? Any links you could post for us. I wanted to see Malcolm X's daughter as well.
You won't get them on the internet. But eventually when the dvds are ready you can order them online from their website.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.