/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The only political post not US Bashing

root
01-25-2005, 03:44 PM
I grow tired of the same US bashing in this "Political" thread. So I thought I would start one off.

I wonder how much the "Muslim Community" (I hate that term) feel about Fundamentalist Terrorism is currently Hijacking Islam to serve their own political ambitions
I wonder if the increase in Spains terrorist group "Etta" has anything to do with Spains apparent yeilding to terrorist groups.

I wonder if people will condone the death of the Dutch filmaker who painted writings from the Qur'an onto a semi naked women. Or that the British Salman Rushdi just had his "fatwa" reinforced for exercising his right to freedom of speech in the book "satanic versus"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
01-25-2005, 04:51 PM
i dont condone that dutch filmmaker's death - if i saw that guy in the streets i woulda battered him silly ways. heck if it was writings from the torah or bible i still would battered him.
u cant expect 2 make a film that clearly is extremely offensive and then cry when u get death threats the next day

i h8 how some muslims think that their actions are justified when they clearly are not. They claim to use Qur'anic references to justify war - that is so wrong. had they read the quran they would clearly see how islam is a peacefull religion
ill give a prime example:
asalam u alaykum - means: peace be upon you
keyword is : PEACE
that is just 4 greeting some1 - they dont even have 2 be muslim or anything.

root
01-26-2005, 12:46 PM
if i saw that guy in the streets i woulda battered him silly ways. heck if it was writings from the torah or bible i still would battered him.
But he was dutch, in his own country where they have a right to free speech. Their are calls in the UK to have certain Muslim speakers expelled from the country, just because we don't agree to someone's opinion does not give Muslim's the right to exercise their Laws in another counttry......... You may say you are a peaceful religion, but people don't buy into it because it is so blatantly paradoxical. I come in peace, provided you agree with me!

And what of Salman Rushdie. It's Islam Week in the UK, I wonder if we have a Christian week, or a Jewish week.

Abdalla
01-26-2005, 01:50 PM
lsitenthis islam week thingie is nothing but a mere way to remind everyone of september 11 and cause more hate for our religion if you ask me root.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
01-26-2005, 04:32 PM
indeed brother abdulla

''You may say you are a peaceful religion, but people don't buy into it because it is so blatantly paradoxical. I come in peace, provided you agree with me!''

with regards 2 roots reply(above quote thingy)

the reason why people dont believe islam is peaceful is cus of the media - who do not report an accurate view of muslims(or many things for that matter) - sure there are many violent extremists out there (u can do a google search 4 em - im not gonna bore u to death with their names) but dont all religions have their
''violent extremists''?

take for example the KKK - would they not be considered 'extreme' christians. The media wouldnt say so - they keep us locked and fixed on a particular subject (e.g. hunt for wmd) all the time, all the time trying to persuade us how wrong this person is. or how wrong that religion is. or how great this country is. and so on and so forth.

regarding the Christian week and Jewish week.
now u see the UK has always been a christian country and so will never really require a Christian week as such.
But due to the large amount of muslims in the country a muslim week has been made.
Also, there IS a Christian week coming up - i remebr last year it - i think- 1 week after the islamic week. well at least there was one near QE - i vivdly remembr the banner :)

im not sure about the Jewish week. perhaps if there were more Jews in the country, for example, maybe the government would allow a Jewish week....Why not introduce a hindu or sikh week? - dont ask me...ask da government

Brother_Mujahid
01-26-2005, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdalla
lsitenthis islam week thingie is nothing but a mere way to remind everyone of september 11 and cause more hate for our religion if you ask me root.
naa i dont think it does create an awareness among people about islam and their beliefs. its a chance for muslims to speak to other people about our beliefs, and a platform to remove any misconceptions people may have about islam.

so overall its good for everyone in having an islam awareness week.

i think on newsround theres some stuff aswell about islam being covered heres the link http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/sp...am/default.stm

Genius
02-05-2005, 06:55 PM
i actually like the Americans, i hate their governments but you have to give their people credit where credits due. Nearly every Scientific discovery of the 20th century comes from an American university, their standard of living is higher than even western countries , they have religous freedom, freedom of speach, freedom of protest and oppurtunities for everyone regardless of race. So what's not to like? I can't blame a whole country for the actions of Conservative Republican.

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-06-2005, 04:42 AM
That's true, but I think that they have been bombarded with so many negative images of Islam and lies about muslims that they are becoming very hateful and close minded (some of them, usually the ones that make the most noise)

:(

aamirsaab
02-06-2005, 09:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
But he was dutch, in his own country where they have a right to free speech.
now u see, there is a difference between freedom of speech and insulting some one.
e.g
Person A goes to america. enters a church. and starts swearing and saying this and that of the chrisitans' belief etc. now, Person A has used his freedom of speech. but i dont think he will live for very long as the guys he insulted knows where he lives and will probably deck him.

see my point now root?
you cant really have freedom of speech - cus if every one has their own views then how they gonna agree with anything

i dont mean to offend ne 1 or nething, im just saying that freedom of speech is not like ronsil - it doesn't do what is says on the tin.

i hope that explains it. :)

regarding salman rushdie

i havnt actually read his book yet - or heard of it when u first stated it so i cant give you an answer on that.

Genius, i dont h8 the american pple either.
they are doing what any person would do in their position - living their lives.
However, i do dislike the government for various reasons (which i shant mention lest i get banned or h8 mail etc :))
you cant judge a whole country on just one person
my bashing of america has never been about america - its been bout its government.

but..i have decided to give in now - i have accepted it.
there is nothing i can really do that will change their government and so i have come to accept their ruling - let them live how they want to live. perhaps, in time, peace will be achieved among mankind...

peace :)
wasalam 2 all

root
03-01-2005, 04:18 PM
now u see, there is a difference between freedom of speech and insulting some one.
e.g
Person A goes to america. enters a church. and starts swearing and saying this and that of the chrisitans' belief etc. now, Person A has used his freedom of speech. but i dont think he will live for very long as the guys he insulted knows where he lives and will probably deck him.

see my point now root?
you cant really have freedom of speech - cus if every one has their own views then how they gonna agree with anything
Of course you are right with that analogy, freedom of speech is only a freedom providing it is not "Racially, politically or religously inciting violence and\or abuse". So to go into a church and start swearing is no more acceptable than to do it in a Mosque or other religous place of worship. Our Dutch freind certainly does not fall into that criteria.

root
03-01-2005, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hash
ahhh yeah freedom of speech thats why abu hamza is locked up belmarsh prison, the english equivlent to quantamano bay?
As I said, freedom of speech does not allow me to create and distribute material calling for the killing of certain people since it incites racial & religous violence

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...319188,00.html

aamirsaab
03-01-2005, 04:56 PM
havnt been on much and im using a dodgy on-screen keyboard.

now bro. root, with regards 2 dutch man....what he did was clearly offensive and so my argument in the first place is justifiable - he offended me thus i reacted.

i understand that freedom of speech exists and that we should appreciate this - which i do.

my point is that freedom of speech isnt always used correctly-- we have 2 bcarefull that we dont OFFEND ne1 whilst using it.

p.s.regards 2 guantanamo bay---iv heard that apparantly they r gonna make a reality tv show about it----now that is just WRONG!

root
03-02-2005, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hash
Anything to make money my brother! These greedy brothers just care about money! About that theo van gough dutch geezer, he got what he deserved. Simple as.
That is a tragic view you have, at minimum people are expected to obey the rules of the lands they stand upon. Anything else cannot be supported. I am no supporter of the BNP, but they are NOT allowed to incite racial hatred\Violence.

Come on Guy's don't act dumb over freedom of speech.

Khattab
03-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Aamirsab they did make a programme about it it was on in Sunday, and it is disgusting and an absolute disgrace what is going in there, this show exposed it truly we dont know how good we have got it, these brothers are bieng terrorised, raped, the quran has been thrown in the toilets, a few have been murdered there, others have tried to commit suicide. These "soldiers" will be brought to justice soon inshallah for what they have done, a humilation in this life and the life after. May Allah (SWT) strengthen the brothers whether guilty or not and expose this so called "prison". Ameen.

aamirsaab
03-03-2005, 09:57 PM
bunch of sickos----creatin a program like that----just 4 money.....when will thse people learn?

Khattab
03-03-2005, 11:48 PM
im not against them making it, just gives more exposure to the atrocities bieng commited there, so something can be done, its better than sweeping it under the carpet and pretending nothing is happening, we should support it, and it wasnt for money

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-04-2005, 02:30 AM
yes, yes.

They should expose this disgustiong behaviour!

aamirsaab
03-06-2005, 11:24 PM
yes expose - but not glorify
you have to be carefull wot u show these days --- the audiences are extremely impressionable - twist a few words and it changes the meaing entirely

just thought of something.....u know if u read any of my posts in a certain way id probably be considered a terrorist. im sorry but that just makes me laugh so much ;D
for any of those who dont know me(which is probably evry1:P) - dont worry i wont bomb ur house...i'm no terrorist - just a kid...i dont even like flying.

anyways iv chatted enough for one day/night - im off. waslam 2 all. INABIT :p

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-07-2005, 02:52 AM
Well said, aamirsaab.

Far7an
03-08-2005, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
you have to be carefull wot u show these days --- the audiences are extremely impressionable - twist a few words and it changes the meaing entirely

just thought of something.....u know if u read any of my posts in a certain way id probably be considered a terrorist. im sorry but that just makes me laugh so much ;D
for any of those who dont know me(which is probably evry1:P) - dont worry i wont bomb ur house...i'm no terrorist - just a kid...i dont even like flying.

anyways iv chatted enough for one day/night - im off. waslam 2 all. INABIT :p

Dont worry akhee, im sure you have nothing to worry about. maybe in future you will pick the topics you discuss more carefulluy :thumbs_up

aamirsaab
04-19-2005, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan247
Dont worry akhee, im sure you have nothing to worry about. maybe in future you will pick the topics you discuss more carefulluy :thumbs_up
in addition to people not jumping the gun and accusing me of thins that i havnt done (hey, that rhymed :p ) as well as people not misinterpreting my posts. all it takes is for one person to twist any of my words and suddenly im a terrorist.

makda_uk
04-19-2005, 12:47 PM
how r u aamirsaab

aamirsaab
04-19-2005, 12:50 PM
LOL ur posts have to mean something man! you cant just post hello on all the threads hehe. look at title of the thread and read other people's posts - that way you will know what you are supposed 2 be posting. and u wont get banned. and i wont get banned. lol

makda_uk
04-19-2005, 12:56 PM
no 1 else is on this site at the moment

Far7an
04-19-2005, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
in addition to people not jumping the gun and accusing me of thins that i havnt done (hey, that rhymed :p ) as well as people not misinterpreting my posts. all it takes is for one person to twist any of my words and suddenly im a terrorist.
Dude, what you talking about :confused:
Dont act so paranoid

Khair InshaAllah

'ala kulli haal

aamirsaab
04-19-2005, 04:14 PM
thnks bro hash for the back up.
what i meant was that in general anyones' post can be twisted and the meaning is totally changed: an innocent child of the age of 6 may post something that if twisted can be interpreted as a 26 year old paedophile.

lol im not paranoid :P - just being cautious

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.