/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Muslim

sargon
11-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Hello people I'm a new Muslim, I became Muslim almost two months ago. I only know a few Muslim people in this city, I live in China, learning Chinese and teaching English.

My main source of studying is the internet, and I'm thankful for my friend who taught me how to pray and helped me a lot, he lives in this city as well.

I was just reading an article on this forum about the MSA server, and it cleared up a lot of misconceptions I had and troubles I was having accepting everything about Islam.

Some of the hadiths there depicted really gruesome and contradictory stories that made it hard to think clear-minded.

I was wondering if someone could help me and give some verified links and a place to start basically, I want to learn how to pray correctly right now I only know al-fatihah and a few other sentences, and I don't know any arabic!!

What I desperately need is to increase my faith beyond a doubt, my mind gets clouded and I get depressed and I start thinking about not being Muslim, but then I think things through and eventually I start believing Islam iste true way. I'm scared of this because I read somewhere this is what Allah despises, people who believe than don't believe than believe agian :playing:

I have a lot of annoying questions that I will be posting, one got deleted already but I figured out why :coolious:

Anyways thanks in adavance, insha allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Noor
11-18-2005, 06:26 PM
:sl:

Alhamdulilah you've embraced Islam. Now you got 1.2 billion brothers and sisters worldwide:)

Praying the correct way, you can go here: http://english.islamway.com/sindex.php?section=prayer

Even though I'm a born Muslim, I was taught to pray a way that was incorrect and Alhamdulilah(all Praise is for Allah), with the help of this site, it helped me to correct my prayer.

About Arabic, believe me you don't need to speak Arabic to be a good Muslim. One can memorize the whole Quran and not speak arabic fluently. As long as you know the meaning of what you're reciting, thats all that matters.

Eeman(Iman) is faith, and your faith can fluctuate, rise and fall. One day youre praying on time, reciting Quran and have loads of patience, and the next day, you're struggling to pray on time. It's natural to feel this way, it's the beauty of faith. A website that I recommend is: http://www.beconvinced.com/en/main.php or
http://path-to-peace.com/zimzim2.html

If you have any questions, go here: http://www.islamonline.net/english/index.shtml
or
http://www.islamqa.com/

Welcome to this forum!:)

InsAllah( Godwilling) you can ask as many questions as you like and we will be extremely happy to help you:)

I hope this helped you a little.

:w:

sargon
11-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the help :coolious:

I'm checking out those websites now :peace:

Salema
11-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Wow..mashaalah..

May Allah Guide U To The Right Path..ameen..!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
12-20-2005, 12:21 AM
Welcome to the forum brother Sargon. You chose islam for your deen, SubhanAllah. have faith in Allah, He will help you all the way. Carry on learning inshaAllah, everything will become clear to you in time. Sis Noor gave u some good links there. Do lots of research and don't let doubts stop you from learning. May Allah subhana taa'ala guide you. Ameen.

Din-al-Islam
12-20-2005, 02:30 AM
As-salâmu 'alaykum brother in Islâm ..

Just wanna say, welcome "back" to Islâm .. And al-hamdu lillâh .. When i see other converts, i just smile and im so happy ..

May Allâh (Swt) give you'll good, amîn

Snowflake
12-20-2005, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Din-al-Islam
As-salâmu 'alaykum brother in Islâm ..

Just wanna say, welcome "back" to Islâm .. And al-hamdu lillâh .. When i see other converts, i just smile and im so happy ..

May Allâh (Swt) give you'll good, amîn
MashaAllah that's really nice to hear sis. May Allah be pleased with you. Ameen :)

muslimahsays_hi
01-02-2006, 03:10 AM
Welcome to Islam bro!! May Allah swt keep you on the straight path ameen.

jeanspiderman
01-03-2006, 10:26 PM
I just wanted to encourage you on your path to find Allah

swanlake
01-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Salaam aleykum brother

Someone recommended a very relevant talk called by 'Satanic Whispers' by Sheikh Abu Yusuf Riyadh Al-Haq, its an excellent talk. 'Right Click' and 'Save Target As':

Side A/Part 1 http://www.alkawtharacademy.org/down...1%20of%202.mp3

AND Side B/Part 2 http://www.alkawtharacademy.org/down...2%20of%202.mp3

Shadow
01-22-2006, 12:58 PM
welcome to the forum
:)

:welcome:

hidaayah
01-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Assalam u Alaikum and welcum here..
hope you have a beneficial stay...! Mashallah..hope u learn a lot here..if u have any questions u can ask inshallah..
wassalam

sargon
01-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

ummhabibah
01-22-2006, 01:03 PM

welcome to li forum and back to islam aswell.:)

lϋх ετ νέrιταs
01-22-2006, 01:08 PM
welcome brother...... i was wundering ... since you are a teacher could u teach us some chinese?? ..... i already know some:

That's not right. - Sum Ting Wong.

Are you harboring a fugitive? - Hu Yu Hai Ding?

See me as soon as possible. - Kum Hia Nao.

Stupid Man. - Dum Gai.

Small Horse. - Tai Ni Po Ni.

Did you go to the beach? - Wai Yu So Tan?

I bumped into a coffee table. - Ai Bang Mai Ni.

I think you need a face lift. - Chin Tu Fat.

It's very dark in here. - Wai So Dim?

I thought you were on a diet. - Mun Ching?

This is a tow away zone. - No Pah King.

You are not very bright. - Yu So Dum.

I got this for free. - Ai No Pei.

Please stay a while longer. - Wai Go Nao?

Stay out of sight. - Lei Lo.

He's cleaning his automobile. - Wa Shing Ka.

Your body odor is offensive. - Yu Stin Ki Pu.

OKAY ...OLD JOKE ... but seriously id love to learn some chinese

sargon
01-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Hehe I've seen something like that before, careful some people might get offended but I think it's hilarious too.

ni hao (knee how) means hello :) not much but a start. I think the best way to learn is being around it, I can't read or write chinese all I'm learning is speaking and listening.

Shadow
01-22-2006, 01:18 PM
as salaamu alykum and Knee How my muslim brother :)

sargon
01-22-2006, 01:45 PM
hehe knee how :)

lϋх ετ νέrιταs
01-22-2006, 01:51 PM
ni hao .... now i can list chinese in my list of languages that i know... the list looks like this:

• English
• Chinese

Umar001
01-22-2006, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lϋх ετ νέrιταs
welcome brother...... i was wundering ... since you are a teacher could u teach us some chinese?? ..... i already know some:

That's not right. - Sum Ting Wong.

Are you harboring a fugitive? - Hu Yu Hai Ding?

See me as soon as possible. - Kum Hia Nao.

Stupid Man. - Dum Gai.

Small Horse. - Tai Ni Po Ni.

Did you go to the beach? - Wai Yu So Tan?

I bumped into a coffee table. - Ai Bang Mai Ni.

I think you need a face lift. - Chin Tu Fat.

It's very dark in here. - Wai So Dim?

I thought you were on a diet. - Mun Ching?

This is a tow away zone. - No Pah King.

You are not very bright. - Yu So Dum.

I got this for free. - Ai No Pei.

Please stay a while longer. - Wai Go Nao?

Stay out of sight. - Lei Lo.

He's cleaning his automobile. - Wa Shing Ka.

Your body odor is offensive. - Yu Stin Ki Pu.

OKAY ...OLD JOKE ... but seriously id love to learn some chinese

OH man, you know I started reading this and I was tryna remember it, then I saw the Joke thing and I was like confused, I was like, whats the joke, I realy didnt get this for like 5 minutes.

Any how

welcome bro

i would like to jus say that, I think you should read and insh'allah I can post some lectures, because Almighty God Allah says something like those who fear him are those whom have knowldge, so plese keep learning.

Also I have just got my love for brothers and sisters and my love for the prophet peace be upon him, i found it real hard to love the guy, but now I really love him and I cant wait to get with him.

but I will ask you to read about his life and watch lectures about wht he done and how he done it, please that was the way that my love for him grew and it is not until we love the prophet peace be upon him more than our father mother son daughter and so forth that we are true believers.

so please my brother in faith and in adam, i pleed that u remember the shahada testimony of faith is only tthe first step in islam, theres a long jorney to go.

Peace be upon ya.

Riya90
01-22-2006, 05:26 PM
welcomee brother
hope u have a nicee stay ;) inshallah

Usmansaab
01-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Mashallah sargon
you now have alot of muslim brothers and sisters worldwide lol (thts a good thing)
:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.