/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Du'a Request Thread...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Faith.
03-01-2009, 03:59 PM
:sl:
Can I ask for dua's as well please
Ive got exams coming upreally soon...and I could use all the dua's I can get.
Jazakallah
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zahida
03-01-2009, 04:47 PM
:sl: Guys just wanted to wish everyone doing exams next week good luck. My daughter is doing her science module too and is very nervous. Just keep calm and read...........Rabbeh, zidni, ilmaah.............. InshaAllah you will ALL be fine...........Ameen.:w::bump1:

~Taalibah~
03-03-2009, 08:31 AM

I also request Duas please as i have exams too, of a different kind.
Life and its experiences.

Amat Allah
03-03-2009, 02:07 PM
may Allah ease examz for all of u and make it simple as the simpleness of drinking water Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

girl rely on Allah study hard do ur best and say bismellah Tawaklna Ala Allah then say Rabi ishrah lee sudree wa Yasir lee Amree wahlol Oqdatan min lisaanee yafqahoo qawlee Ameeeeeeen

then beat them all (examz ^^!) u r going to be Ok sisters coz u r all the best inshaa Allah and wherever remember Allah he is there for all of u trust him inshaa Allah u all gona do it right ok

study study coz u r the future`s Mothers gona raise generations to make the best Ummah ever inshaa Allah go go go run run run hold the book and say heeeey u r nothing but papers and ink ok never gona beat me haaaaa??(wana fight) it will get scared and give u the informations for free ^^

study good excellent sisters coz ur abilities are beyond examz and a spot of ink inshaa Allah ok??

wish u all the best luck my sweeties Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kjra
03-08-2009, 01:40 AM
Assalamu-alaikum....

I am being tested by my Allah right now.....Please please please make dua for me. The next few days are going to be really hard for me....

JazakAllah khair
ws

Amat Allah
03-08-2009, 02:05 AM
may Allah ease ur life ,be pleased with you and fill ur heart with his rememberance Taqwa Iman his love peace comfort and the endless happiness and may he make all ur dreams hopes wishes and prayers come true and cover you with all of his blesses graces forgiveness mercy and be pleased with u in this life and in the hereafter and may Allah protect you all from all harms sins shaitan and hell fire and may he give you strength and good knowledge and purify u from all sins ,may Allah reward you with the highest levels of paradise Al Ferdaws with out being reckoning to be with Rasool Allah Muhammad salla Allaho Alyhi wa Sallam all prophets peace and blessings of Allah be upon them the Sahaba may Allah be pleased with them and Angels peace be upon them all and to be coverd by silk perfumed with musk eating from Al jannah fruits looking to Al mighty face coverd with his light and grace......the same Duaa for All muslims from jin and mankind......

praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be uopn Muhammad salla Allaho Alyhi wa sallam

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

kjra
03-08-2009, 02:35 PM
JazakAllah khair

Amat Allah
03-08-2009, 02:48 PM
wa iyaki Ameeeeeeeeeeeeen ^^

Re.TiReD
03-10-2009, 02:42 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Never felt so lost in my life ='( Du'aas please.

Insha'Allah even if its just a little teeny one.

WassalamuAlaykum

Amat Allah
03-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Ya habibati ...u were away my dear for a long time I missed yah soo much may Allah help u my sweet heart and may Allah ease ur life ,be pleased with you and fill ur heart with his rememberance Taqwa Iman his love peace comfort and the endless happiness and may he make all ur dreams hopes wishes and prayers come true and cover you with all of his blesses graces forgiveness mercy and be pleased with u in this life and in the hereafter and may Allah protect you all from all harms sins shaitan and hell fire and may he give you strength and good knowledge and purify u from all sins ,may Allah reward you with the highest levels of paradise Al Ferdaws with out being reckoning to be with Rasool Allah Muhammad salla Allaho Alyhi wa Sallam all prophets peace and blessings of Allah be upon them the Sahaba may Allah be pleased with them and Angels peace be upon them all and to be coverd by silk perfumed with musk eating from Al jannah fruits looking to Al mighty face coverd with his light and grace......the same Duaa for All muslims from jin and mankind......

praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be uopn Muhammad salla Allaho Alyhi wa sallam

sirajstc
03-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Ameeeen

Z-Blade
03-11-2009, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
Ya habibati ...u were away my dear for a long time I missed yah soo much may Allah help u my sweet heart andmay Allah ease ur life ,be pleased with you and fill ur heart with his rememberance Taqwa Iman his love peace comfort and the endless happiness and may he make all ur dreams hopes wishes and prayers come true and cover you with all of his blesses graces forgiveness mercy and be pleased with u in this life and in the hereafter and may Allah protect you all from all harms sins shaitan and hell fire and may he give you strength and good knowledge and purify u from all sins ,may Allah reward you with the highest levels of paradise Al Ferdaws with out being reckoning to be with Rasool Allah Muhammad salla Allaho Alyhi wa Sallam all prophets peace and blessings of Allah be upon them the Sahaba may Allah be pleased with them and Angels peace be upon them all and to be coverd by silk perfumed with musk eating from Al jannah fruits looking to Al mighty face coverd with his light and grace......the same Duaa for All muslims from jin and mankind......

Ameen ya Rabb, Ameen! And May Allah grant you the same and better ukhti, Ameen! Amazing dua indeed :')

:salamext:

Amat Allah
03-11-2009, 02:52 AM
jazaka Allaho khairan my dear respected brother Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

BintAbee
03-12-2009, 07:36 PM

Can you all please make dua for me as I am writing my block test tomorrow. Have to get more than 60% so that I don't have to write the exam (which is in the Winter holidays). Make dua I get a good mark, Insha Allah

Jazakallah

Ummu Sufyaan
03-13-2009, 09:59 AM
duas for me too, inshallah!

Silver
03-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Me too! i have an exam tmrw! May Allah ease your exams and may you have high grades inshaallah. ameen. Plz make duaa for me!!

BintAbee
03-13-2009, 10:16 AM
^Insha Allah sis. You write on a Saturday? When's the weekend in Lebanon? I write in about 2 hours. Trying to stay calm...

Silver
03-13-2009, 04:42 PM
You write on a Saturday? When's the weekend in Lebanon? I write in about 2 hours. Trying to stay calm...
The weekend is Saturday & Sunday but in the faculty of medicine we also have courses on Saturday sometimes.

Amat Allah
03-14-2009, 03:06 AM
may Allah ease exazms and studying for yah sisters and grant u the highest grades in this Dunya and Akhira Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeen

Huma*
03-14-2009, 11:15 AM

Nice thread.. I've been making a dua..and I always think its my sins that are coming in the way of my dua... cuz ALLAH swt says; "Whatever happened to you, if it is good its from Allah, if its bad then its from urself" Although I do astaghfar daily..
I am not being able to spend my time on this beautiful forum as I use to spend before due to some reasons. From past 4-5 days something was telling me to log onto this forum... when I followed my inside voice, the first thing that came across after logging was this thread, and I took it as allah's guidance. Allah (Swt) has directed me to this thread..I think Allah(Swt) is willing to accept someone's dua among you in favour of me..:)

Please pray for me that Almighty Allah forgive my sins and wrong deeds and grant me a good husband (of my choice)..also for my sister. of course with parents approval. ... I will make dua for all of you. O Allaah! open a way for all sisters in islam to marry as soon as possible. Let them marry a brother who is sincere and devoted to You and who is compatible with them...O Allah Please Purify our hearts, cover our defects,forgive our sins and let the last of our deeds be the best.

O Allaah, please guide my neighbors, toward You. They are such decent, good people, and they are so good to us. They have never opposed us in our Deen, and You have seen how they have been so open to us. Please guide them to the right path. And please, open a way for me to make Hajj as soon as possible, so that I can fulfill my obligation to You.

My brothers and sisters in islam please make Dua for me!!

O Allah Please give everyone who has posted a dua in this thread what they are asking for. Ameen!!

Silver
03-29-2009, 04:47 PM

My exams are this week!! Plz make dua for me!!!

Re.TiReD
03-29-2009, 05:49 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

A request for du'aas insha'Allah. My Grandmother is very ill at the moment. Please keep her in your prayers. JazakumAllahu Khayran

WassalamuAlaykum

NIKKY
03-29-2009, 09:30 PM
^^its horrible wen a lovd 1 is ill...i rememba wen my aunt ws ill..it ws horrible n vri sad cuz she passed away:(...i pray 2 ALLAH ur grandma gts well soon...inshallah...

islamlover_girl
03-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Would u plz make dua for me to have a good husband

Sahabiyaat
04-07-2009, 03:52 PM
that applies to all of us girlies :D .My Duas to everybody :)

islamlover_girl
04-09-2009, 12:39 AM
May Allah grant all muslim girls a good husband and all muslim men a good wife.

Re.TiReD
04-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Du'aas for me pls

JazakAllah khayr

Wassalam

~Taalibah~
04-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Dua for me pls. To be able to manage my work ant use my time constructively, InshaAllah.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-06-2009, 11:35 AM
could you all pls make dua for my sister who is flying in over the next couple of days and is petrified of it...

BintAbee
06-06-2009, 11:58 AM

May Allah make it easy for her. Ameen

~Taalibah~
06-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Ameen...

Please make Dua for me, i'm taking a big step in life...

Ummu Sufyaan
06-21-2009, 08:03 AM
Im going through a really rough patch atm and request you's all to keep me in your duas...

brotherubaid
06-21-2009, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad

A request to all the LI brothers and sisters .. please try reciting Surah Yaseen and Make dua for a brother who i knew from school who passed away 2 days ago .. :-( (Inna lillahi Wa inna Ilsyhi Raajioon) ... its really sad .. didnt expect this to happen .. just UNBELIEVEABLE ..he was my clasmate for 5 years SubhanAllah.... its really sad .. just shows DEath could cum and knok anyones door Anytym.. never realised DEATH could be just round the corner .. the LEAST we could expect is a friend of ours to die .. :'(

May Allah swt give his family sabr .. and save him from the torments ofthe grave and grant him Jannah (ameen)

*oops i dnt think this is the right board to post in*
I know how old this post is , n May Allah forgive the deceased and have mercy on him , i just wanted to point out that surah yaseen has notthing to do with the deceased nor can its ajar be transferred to the deceased nor does any other good deeds be transferred to the deceased.

"And that the human being can have nothing but what he has earned (good or bad)" (53:39)

Commenting on this ayah, Ibn Kathir rahimahullaah, said: "Imaam ash-Shafi'ee concluded from this ayaah that reciting the Qur'aan does not benefit the dead, because it is not from their doing and earning. For this reason, Allaah's Messenger sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam did not recommend it to his ummah, encourage them to do it, or guide them to it with a text or a hint. Nor was such a thing reported from any of the sahaabah rahimahullaah. Had this been any good, they would have preceeded us in doing it. Matters of worship must be limited to the texts, and are not liable to modifications based on analogies and opinions." (Tafseer Qur'aan il-'Adheem) It is in general true that one cannot benefit from other people's deeds after his death. But this has important exceptions detailed in this chapter.

“The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, “When a person dies, all his deeds come to an end except three: ongoing charity, beneficial knowledge (which he has left behind), or a righteous child who will pray for him.”

So a person who has passed away can ONLY benefit from the above three things, one of which is a righteous child that makes duaa for him or supplictes for him and this duaa raises his ranks and are added to his good deeds , but if that child goes on to dedicate other forms of worship like reading a quraan and dedicate its reward to his parents it does not work , coz it is not proved from the sunnah and The prophet sala lahu alihi wa sallam and sahaba did not do such, so reading yaseen or the whole quran for the deceased and dedicating the reward to the dead is wrong, rather one should do lots of duaa for them, it includes his familyt n kids n other friends n all , its not restricted to just the kids.

Now lets take this oppurtunity to clear some more doubts about the Surah yaseen.

First see these ahadith
"Whoever tells a LIE AGAINST me then (surely) let him occupy, his seat in Hell-
fire.

Narrated By 'Ali: The Prophet said, "Do not tell a LIE AGAINST me for whoever tells a LIE AGAINST me then he will surely enter the Hell-fire."

Now

Some weak Ahadith about surah yaseeen

"verily Allah The most exalted recited surah ta ha and yaseen a thousand years before he created adam. so when the angles heared the recitation they said: Glad tidings for a nation who will be given this revelation, and glad tidings to a tongue that recites it and glad tidings for a chest that carries it(memorises it) FABRICATED silsila ahadith ad daeefa 1248

"Whoever enters the grave yard and recited Surah Al Yaseen, the punishment of the dead will be reduced for that day.And he (the recitor) will have the same amount of rewards equal to the number of graves in that graveyard"
FABRICATED silsila ahadith ad daeefa 1246

everything ha s heart and the heart of the quran is surah yaseen, anyone who reads it god will write down for him(due to this one reading of his) ten readings of the (complete) Quran" FABRICATED dhaif targheeb wa tarheeb 885

Whoever Reads Yaseen , seeking Allah's pleasure, his past sins will be forgiven. So recite it over the dying amoung you
WEAK daeef al jami al sagheer 5785

N this is the most famous n the most spread amongst the muslims today unfortunately:

"Whoever reads yaseen, during the beginning of the day, his needs will be fulfilled" WEAK MISHKAAT AL MISBAH

while the truth is whoever prays Fajr he will be in Allah's responsibility. Pray it in congregation.

May Allah guide us to the authemntic creed and the Authentic knowledge and the true deen as Brought and practised by the Prophet Sala lahu alihi wa sallama nd his Companions and those who followed them and those who followed teh followers and their understanding , the Pure Quran n sunnah as Understood by the sahaba n tabieen n tabi tabieen .. ameen

Assalam O Alikum

Some beautiful duaas for the deceased

‘O Allaah, forgive and have mercy upon him, excuse him and pardon him, and make honorable his reception. Expand his entry, and cleanse him with water, snow, and ice, and purify him of sin as a white robe is purified of filth. Exchange his home for a better home, and his family for a better family, and his spouse for a better spouse. Admit him into the Garden, protect him from the punishment of the grave and the torment of the Fire.’

‘O Allaah, forgive our living and our dead, those present and those absent, our young and our old, our males and our females. O Allaah, whom amongst us You keep alive, then let such a life be upon Islaam, and whom amongst us You take unto Yourself, then let such a death be upon faith. O Allaah, do not deprive us of his reward and do not let us stray after him’.

‘O Allaah, so-and-so is under Your care and protection so protect him from the trial of the grave and torment of the Fire. Indeed You are faithful and truthful. Forgive and have mercy upon him, surely You are The Oft-Forgiving, The Most-Merciful’.
‘O Allaah, Your servant and the son of Your maidservant is in need of Your mercy and You are without need of his punishment. If he was righteous then increase his reward and if he was wicked then look over his sins.’

While closing the eyes of the deceased
‘O Allaah, forgive – here the name of the deceased is mentioned – and raise his rank among the rightly guided, and be a successor to whom he has left behind, and forgive us and him O Lord of the worlds. Make spacious his grave and illuminate it for him.’

brotherubaid
06-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Muslim (657) narrated that Jundub ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever prays Fajr is under the protection of Allaah, so do not fall short with regard to the rights of Allaah, for anyone who does that, Allaah will seize him and will throw him on his face into the Fire of Hell.”

MuslimahBarb
06-27-2009, 03:43 AM

My sisters and brothers in Islam, could you please keep me in your duas, yesterday morning I took a nasty fall and broke my leg and had to have it surgically repaired. Say duas that it heals properly and I will be back on my feet, inshaAllah.

Muslim Woman
06-27-2009, 04:06 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBarb

My sisters and brothers in Islam, could you please keep me in your duas, yesterday morning I took a nasty fall and broke my leg .
oh no

Sis , InshaAllah u will be ok soon

Re.TiReD
06-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Du'aas. Rabbi Inni maghlooban fantasir :cry: :cry:

Danah
06-30-2009, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBarb

My sisters and brothers in Islam, could you please keep me in your duas, yesterday morning I took a nasty fall and broke my leg and had to have it surgically repaired. Say duas that it heals properly and I will be back on my feet, inshaAllah.
OMG!!!! thats really awful imsad

May Allah heal your leg and grant you the speedy recovery my dear sister imsad

I will keep you in my duaa inshaAllah :cry:

Muslim Woman
07-25-2009, 12:37 PM

It's one year now dad left us to started his journey to Allah. How fast days are passing out ...it looks like happened yesterday and already a long one year has gone .

I still remember holding his hand inside ICU & making dua for his recovery ...memories are still fresh .

Pl. everybody , make dua for my beloved dad , may his soul rest in peace forever , Ameen.

MuslimahBarb
07-25-2009, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

It's one year now dad left us to started his journey to Allah. How fast days are passing out ...it looks like happened yesterday and already a long one year has gone .

I still remember holding his hand inside ICU & making dua for his recovery ...memories are still fresh .

Pl. everybody , make dua for my beloved dad , may his soul rest in peace forever , Ameen.
:wa:

Time does go by quickly subhanAllah. It doesn't seem like it has been a year already since his passing.

Duas, inshaAllah

crayon
07-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Please make du'a that my mom passes her Quran exam tomorrow.

Beardo
07-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Please make dua for the success of Al-Qalam Newsletter.

Hidaya
08-07-2009, 02:31 AM
Please make dua for my mother, she's been really ill for a while and under a lot of stress.

Muslim Woman
08-07-2009, 04:56 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Hidaya
Please make dua for my mother, she's been really ill for a while and under a lot of stress.

May Allah ease her pain & bless her with good health , Ameen.

Muslim Woman
08-07-2009, 04:59 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Please make du'a that my mom passes her Quran exam tomorrow.
What's the result ?? Mom got a promotion to her next class ? :p

Tony
08-07-2009, 05:07 AM

What's the result ?? Mom got a promotion to her next class ? :p
Subhan Allah wal Alhamdulillah, La Ilaha IlAllah

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-13-2009, 03:20 PM

A close relative of mine is in the hospital with serious illness. I'm humbly requesting that all those that see this post please make a small dua' for her recovery insha Allaah.

Jazakallahu Khayran.

Muslim Woman
08-13-2009, 04:23 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik

A close relative of mine is in the hospital with serious illness. I'm humbly requesting that all those that see this post please make a small dua' for her recovery insha Allaah.

Jazakallahu Khayran.
InshaAllah , she will be granted what is good for her :)

brotherubaid
08-14-2009, 01:58 AM
A friend of ours has passed away yesterday , he had cancer. Justa couple of weeks ago he was heer with us in dubai n we went to lot of doctors n hospitals but no one could diagnose what he had so he had to travel to pakistan.SubhanAllah just 2 days ago we spoke to him over the phone n he was fine n all of a sudden he passed away. Inna Lil Lahi wa inna ilyaho rajioun

His name was Shoaib , please remebr him in your duaas n ask Allah to have mercy on him n forgive him n bless his fam with patience.

You know how people say close to ramadan n in ramadan that " some people were with us last ramadan but they are not with us this ramadan , please get the most out of this blessed month as Allah has blessed us with it n lot of people did not make it t ramadan. This bro was with us last ramadan n wont be with us this year, May Allah bless us all with ramadan n make us amongst those who benefit n take full advantage of this month.

Assalam O Alikum

Ummu Sufyaan
08-15-2009, 09:03 AM
ummm i'am requesting your much needed duas...

Misz_Muslimah
08-15-2009, 11:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad

A request to all the LI brothers and sisters .. please try reciting Surah Yaseen and Make dua for a brother who i knew from school who passed away 2 days ago .. :-( (Inna lillahi Wa inna Ilsyhi Raajioon) ... its really sad .. didnt expect this to happen .. just UNBELIEVEABLE ..he was my clasmate for 5 years SubhanAllah.... its really sad .. just shows DEath could cum and knok anyones door Anytym.. never realised DEATH could be just round the corner .. the LEAST we could expect is a friend of ours to die .. :'(

May Allah swt give his family sabr .. and save him from the torments ofthe grave and grant him Jannah (ameen)

*oops i dnt think this is the right board to post in*
I swear by allah sister..if you knew the reward of being patient when a calamity strikes..its unbeleivable subhanallah and may allah enter him to jannatul firdaws, save him from the torments of the grave and save him from the fire

To Allah be belong and to allah we should return ..

proudhijabi8
08-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Ameen.

Inna Lil Lahi wa inna ilyaho rajioon. He will in my dua.

- IqRa -
09-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Please make dua that Allaah eases the affairs of all Muslims, and gives us Sabr throughout the hardship in our lives, Ameen.

cute123
09-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I request to all the sisters and brothers of LI forum to pray for my brother .his platellete count had decreased to 18000- he is diagnosed as having dengue. he is being given platellete externally. i am really very worried. plz pray for him.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-17-2009, 07:49 AM
i havn't been feeling all that well lately, in fact life is getting too much for me so i kindly request you to keep me in your dua's...imsad

Muslim Woman
10-17-2009, 07:57 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
i havn't been feeling all that well lately...imsad
:cry:

When there is bodyache

Aoozu bi'izzatillaahi wa qudratihi wa sultaanihi min sharri maa ajidu.

Translation: I seek the protection of Allah's Prestige, His Power, His Dominance and His Kingship from the evil of my pain.

[Hasan and Tirmizi]

http://www.islamic-world.net/childre...d/dailydua.htm

by any chance , if you are feeling depressed :( then pl. remember : Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope....

سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #286)

So , have patience please and say :

O Allaah, it is Your mercy that I hope for, so do not leave me in charge of my affairs even for a blink of an eye and rectify for me all of my affairs. None has the right to be worshipped except You.

http://www.everymuslim.net/index.php...=949&Itemid=64

Elizabeth
11-07-2009, 02:39 AM
Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

I've been very stressed out about my job and future recently...Things are becoming increasingly stressful and I would appreciate it if you could keep me in your du'as.

Muslim Woman
11-07-2009, 03:44 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth

I've been very stressed out about my job and future recently....
Don't worry too much sis . Life is a test for hereafter . Have patience and InshaAllah u will be granted Jannat :statisfie

Caller الداعي
11-07-2009, 03:50 PM

I've been very stressed out about my job and future recently...Things are becoming increasingly stressful and I would appreciate it if you could keep me in your du'as.

walykum salam may Allah solve all ur problems in the easiest and best way dont worry sis Allah when he shows us a few difficulties in life He forgives our sins raises our status and tests us to see if we become closer to Him and better !!!
Know that Allah is sees u and hears the beats of ur heart

SamyD
11-18-2009, 09:29 AM
I know many people too who died at a very young age and in a healthy state. One was around the 20y, just married, didn't consume the marriage as her husband lived abroad and was waiting for a visa. She fell down on the floor in the evening while she was watching tv with her friends and family.
Another one was a man in his 30's, married and had 5 children. he found it very hard for that day to wake up and do his Fadjr prayers, but elhemdoellilah he managed to do his prayers. An hour or two later when he was preparing to take his children to school, he fell in the bathroom and died.

It's quite shocking, but a lesson for all the survivors. Live your life according to the Islam as much as possible and like you could die any moment. Please make sure that your aqeedah/tawheed is pure. As Allah can forgive any sin except shirk (when you die committing shirk and did not repent for it in this life)

Ummu Sufyaan
11-22-2009, 08:25 AM
can you all make dua that allah causes a certain someone's heart to become lenient...why are people so hell bent on thinking they are right ...

Rafeeq
11-22-2009, 08:31 AM
can you all make dua that allah causes a certain someone's heart to become lenient...why are people so hell bent on thinking they are right ...
May Allah bless all of us.

I am suffering from such kind of problems also. imsad

Huma*
11-22-2009, 09:01 AM
O Allaah! Relieve the distressed ones of their worries and the oppressed ones of their troubles. Please give them patience and let their sickness be a way for their sins to be forgiven. Ameen!!

May Allah (swt) shower His Choicest Blessings on the entire Muslim Ummah.

SamyD
11-22-2009, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humaira*
O Allaah! Relieve the distressed ones of their worries and the oppressed ones of their troubles. Please give them patience and let their sickness be a way for their sins to be forgiven. Ameen!!

May Allah (swt) shower His Choicest Blessings on the entire Muslim Ummah.
Jazak Allah for the dua. Have you got it also in Arabic?

nightingale
11-24-2009, 11:29 PM
I am being tested by the Almighty, May Allah reward us immensely during these blessed days. Ameen. In need of your duas too.

Raahil
12-08-2009, 08:58 PM

Dear brothers and sisters,

I would like to ask you to make Dua for my
sick father.

Baraka Allahu feekum

Muslim Woman
12-09-2009, 05:59 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Raahil

I would like to ask you to make Dua for my
sick father.

Baraka Allahu feekum

May Allah cure him fast , Ameen.

As alullah al-'azheem rabb al-'arsh al-'azheem an yashfeeka

Translation: I ask Allah the Supreme, Lord of the magnificent throne to cure you

When there is bodyache

Aoozu bi'izzatillaahi wa qudratihi wa sultaanihi min sharri maa ajidu.

Translation: I seek the protection of Allah's Prestige, His Power, His Dominance and His Kingship from the evil of my pain.

[Hasan and Tirmizi]

http://www.islamic-world.net/childre...d/dailydua.htm

Beardo
12-09-2009, 06:04 AM
Finals tomorrow.

Dua's requested.

syilla
12-09-2009, 08:48 AM
May Allah give you success in your exams and the hereafter...

crayon
12-16-2009, 07:55 AM
My dad is currently undergoing minor surgery on his knee, any dua would be appreciated, jazakum Allah khair.

Muslim Woman
12-16-2009, 03:21 PM

My dad is currently undergoing minor surgery on his knee, any dua would be appreciated, jazakum Allah khair.

May Allah ease his pain and cure him fast , Ameen.

zakirs
12-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Salaam,

May Allah get him to the best of his health back soon :).

OurIslamic
01-13-2010, 05:19 AM

Please make du'a for my mother, she was just sent to the ER in an ambulence. I'm not sure what happened, but she is a doctor and was saying that she thought she was having a heart attack. The specialists who came to pick her up in the ambulance said they weren't sure what was happening.

OurIslamic
01-13-2010, 06:10 AM
Alhamdulillah I just received word from my father that my mother is feeling much better and is able to come home. I guess the quick and decisive action my father took, the help of the doctors at the hospital, and ofcouse the aid of Allah (SWT) helped my mom :).

syilla
01-13-2010, 07:03 AM
^^^ Alhamdulillah May Allah grant her shifa' fast :)

I'm also in need of dua for my son... He is a bit naughty :X ...erm.... just a bit. He listen to me only after 20 minutes of babling. And most of the time...he only listens to me :hmm:
Maybe anyone can teach me dua so that he'll be a good boy. btw he is only 6 years old.

Jazakallah khayr in advance.

tango92
01-13-2010, 07:13 AM
^^The Prophet said, "Tie your camel first, then put your trust in Allah" (At-Tirmidhi)

research some child discipline techniques (theyre really not harsh at all just effective)

and I will make dua for you inshAllah

Muslim Woman
01-13-2010, 07:31 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
...my mother is feeling much better .
Alhamdulillah

zakirs
01-13-2010, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Alhamdulillah I just received word from my father that my mother is feeling much better and is able to come home. I guess the quick and decisive action my father took, the help of the doctors at the hospital, and ofcouse the aid of Allah (SWT) helped my mom :).
MashaAllah bro :) nice to hear that :).. how is your mother doing now :)

May she get backl to best of her health.

OurIslamic
01-14-2010, 12:14 AM
InshAllah she will be back to normal. She's feeling very weak, and has low blood pressure, but is in a MUCH better state than previously. Jazakallah for all your du'as :).

Btw, sister siyilla, I will make du'a for your son :).

Ummu Sufyaan
01-27-2010, 03:14 AM
i need some duas :phew...thanks you

Muslim Woman
01-27-2010, 04:46 AM

i need some duas :phew...thanks you
may Allah ease your problems and grant what is good for u sis , Ameen.

waqas maqsood
03-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Salam Alikum to all,

Please make dua for my grandma.. She's in Pakistan and apparently she was in her room alone and refused to eat.. My aunty went to the room and she looked so pale and weak and my grandma wasn't speaking.

Took her hospital straight away and the doctor believe she had a minor stroke and exceedly raised blood pressure.

Luckily, my father is in Pakistan since 3 weeks. But if things will not get any better, I'll be going too this week..

Please pray for her and also make dua for the Ummah whilst your at it...

Jazak'Allah khair

Beardo
03-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Please make dua for me. School is so pressureful. And that's not even a word.

@ Brother Waqas: Is your grandmother okay now? Inna lillah...

waqas maqsood
03-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Salam to All

Thank you for asking! Well all our family in London and Paris are very worried.. My father just came back from Pakistan and told us what happened. She cannot recongnize anyone because of the stroke... The doctors have controlled her blood pressure but now she started to vomit blood

Please, Please Please remember her in ur du'aas... please ask Allah for Shi'faa..

جوري
03-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Allah yishfiha ya rabb ameen..
I feel so ashamed to ask for du3a when you have such a life or death situation on your hand..
May Allah swt ease our affairs
ameen

Muslim Woman
03-14-2010, 06:05 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
Salam to All

. The doctors have controlled her blood pressure but now she started to vomit blood

Please, Please Please remember her in ur du'aas... please ask Allah for Shi'faa..

may Allah ease her pain and grant what is good for her , Ameen.

IslamicRevival
03-24-2010, 02:20 AM
Salaam. Can you please do dua for me. My mind, body and soul = ruined and i urgently need your duas so i can get out of the mess im currently in

O Allah SWT please forgive me, Please remove the darkness from my heart and fill it with light. :cry:

O Allah SWT send thousands upon Millions of durood to our beloved Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him :cry:

Allah Humma Sallay Ala Sayyidina Wa Mawlana Muhammadin Wa Ala Aaalehe Wasahbihi Wabarik Wasallim :cry:

Muslim Woman
03-24-2010, 09:11 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Salaam. Can you please do dua for me. My mind, body and soul = ruined and i urgently need your duas so i can get out of the mess im currently in

Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. 2:286

May Allah grant what is good for your hereafter

Amat Allah
04-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Assalamu Alikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

may Allah fill ur hearts with his rememberance Taqwa Iman his love peace love comfort and the endless happiness and satisfaction and may he make all ur dreams hopes wishes and prayers come true and cover you with all of his blesses graces forgiveness mercy and be pleased with u in this life and in the hereafter and may Allah protect you all from all harms sins shaitan torment of grave the bad end and hell fire and may he give you strength and good knowledge and purify u all from all sins and make ur grave after death one of the paradise gardens bright white and perfumed with the perfumes of Al jannah may Allah make u pass the seraat like an eye blink and reward you all with the highest levels of paradise Al Ferdaws with out being reckoning to be with Rasool Allah Muhammad salla Allaho Alyhi wa Sallam all prophets peace and blessings of Allah be upon them the Sahaba may Allah be pleased with them and Angels peace be upon them all and to be coverd by silk perfumed with musk eating from Al jannah fruits looking to Al mighty face coverd with his light and grace......this Duaa for All muslims from jin and mankind dead or a live till the day of judgement....

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Just for the sake of Allah Love you all brothers and sisters :statisfie

with all my respect and humility , your sister in Allah:

Amat Allah

Ummu Sufyaan
04-24-2010, 11:26 AM
i just received some news of a lady who recently lost her husband and three kids in an accident. please keep her in your duas :(

Amat Allah
04-24-2010, 11:45 AM
May Allah relieve her sorrow and grief and have mercy on her and her family forgive them and purify them all from all sins ...
may Allah protect them from the grave torment and make their graves like the gardens of paradise lighting it for them perfuming them with the Musk of Al jannah and reward her and her family with the highest levels of Al firdaws without being reckoning and all Muslims and believers from Jin and Mankind dead or live Ameeeeeeen

brotherubaid
04-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Sister are u informing us of the same sister as in this ..... coz this really is such a loss , a great brother he was.. May Allah have mercy on him

it is with deep sadness that we inform our brothers and sisters that one of our canadian brothers (a final year student who was due to graduate from the faculty of hadeeth here at the islaamic university of madeenah in a month’s time) died in a road accident earlier this afternoon whilst returning to madeenah with his family....

إنا لله و إنا إليه راجعون
To Allaah we belong and to Him we shall return

…the janaazah(1) prayer for our brother and his two children will take place in al-masjid an-nabawee, inshaa.-Allaah, but details of the time have not yet been released.

our brother's wife (is now being transported to hospital) and the remaining child (who is in king fahd hospital - madeenah) are both in critical condition - and we ask that you remember them all in your prayers.

al-Fudhayl ibn 'Iyyaadh (rahima-hullaah) said to a man:

“How many (years) have come upon you?” He replied:

“Sixty years.” He said:

“Therefore, for sixty years you have been going to your Lord and you are about to reach (Him).” So the man said:

“To Allaah we belong and to Him we shall return!” So al-Fudhayl asked:

“Do you know the meaning of that (statement)? You are saying, I belong to Allaah as a servant and I am going to return to Him. So whoever knows that he belongs to Allaah as a servant and that he will return to him, then he should know that he will be stopped. And whoever knows that he will be stopped, then he should know that he will be questioned. And whoever knows that he will be questioned, then let him prepare an answer for the question.”

– Jaami' al-Uloom wal-Hikam of Ibn Rajab

brotherubaid
04-24-2010, 09:10 PM
And another brother had this to say about him. Please remmber him and his family in your duaas coz thats what can benefit him from us now.

as salaam alaykum,

The eyes shed tears, there is sadness and grief in the heart, but we only say things pleasing to our Lord. Indeed we are saddened by the passing away of our brother Sa'eed al-Habashi as-Salafee, rahimahullaah.

"Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon."
"Indeed to Allaah we belong and to Him we shall return."

Allaah, the Most Perfect and the Most High, said,

"And give glad tidings to the patient - those who, when afflicted with a calamity, say 'Indeed to Allaah we belong and to Him we shall return.' It is those who will be rewarded with blessings and mercy from their Lord. And it is those who are the guided ones."

(Al-Baqarah 2:155-157)

Allaah's Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wassallam) said: "To Allaah belongs what He took, and to Him belongs what He gave. Everything is recorded with him for an appointed term.." (Ahkaamul-Janaa'iz of Al-Albaanee)

This is the brother who is responsible for where I am in the Jamia and for the rest of the Canadian brothers (who got accepted after me and Mahmood) today through assisting us with his time and hospitality. Aiding us with paper applications and translations for the jamia and after we got accepted guiding us with the processes, etc. There was no one like him who aided us in our life in Madinah with everything he possessed. There are brothers who are still in the waiting list to be accepted through his assistance. And we thank Allaah for bestowing us this brother. Harsh for our own khayr in our studies and sittings of the scholars of the Sunnah. I've known this brothers since 1998....to be frank, he was the brother that most of us used to under estimate (in Toronto) in the past, but he pulled it through with his sincerity, inshallaah, finding the truth and sticking to it, and clinging to the scholars who know until they befriend him, wal-Hamdulilah. We, the Canadian Salafee brothers, will be here as his Sadaqatu Jariyyaah. One of the most caring and courtous brother I have ever met. He will be remembered from all the Salafiyoon in the Jamia and outside of the Jamia for his khayr.

He is Sa'eed a-Habashi. I pray that Sa'eed al-Habashi as-Salafee is from those whom Allaah loves to meet. In all the time I have known him, I have never seen from him except truthfulness, bravery, honesty, love for the da'wah and its preservation, hatred of that which opposed the Sunnah, he despised liars and loved the people of Sunnah. He never spoke in front of people except that you sensed that he must have thought for many hours before hand. He was wise and trustworthy, never deceptive. There was no hypocrisy in his behaviour, he meant what he said and from what I knew of him, he acted in accordance to his knowledge. He loved his wife and family. Whenever a person was in his presence, he would make you feel comfortable to the extent that one would feel as if he was from his closest companions. He was never afraid to speak the truth and clarify the Salafi manhaj. He was my friend, my brother, my advisor and by Allaah, I will miss him and his company. And we do not glorify anyone beyond or more than Allaah.

I pray to my Lord, Allaah, the Most Merciful, Oft-Forgiving that He showers His Mercy upon my brother Sa'eed al-Habashi as-Salafee and that He eases the pain and the grief of his wife and daughter. Aameen.

Your brother in Islaam,

Aboo Sufyaan Muhammad

Sheikh Falaah Ismaa-eel (may Allaah preserve him) says that his Sheikh, Sheikh Muhammad Amaan al Jaami (Rahimahullaah) said:

"The one who is not able to exercise patience in the path of knowledge will not be able to exercise patience in ibaadah, and the one who is not able to exercise patience in Ibaadah will not be able to exercise patience in the path of dawah."

Darth Ultor
04-24-2010, 09:13 PM
I have a Du'a request.I feel spiritually lost. My faith in God is strong, but I need His guidance on what path to follow. I want to have a closer connection with God, and that is why I am considering Islam. But I need a sign, anything.

marwen
04-24-2010, 09:35 PM
I really understand what you're feeling brother. May Allah guide you to his right path, and bring you closer to him, and May Allah give you the ability to see the clear truth and guide you to his way of eternal bliss. Aameen !

brotherubaid
04-24-2010, 09:38 PM
May God guide u to the right faith and religion and the right way of knowing him , verily His signs are all over the universe , The quran is a sign and what ever is in it are signs , this whole universe is a sign , Know Allah through his words and his book he sent down , the quran. My younger bro was just showing me google sky and hubble showcase section , it was amazing, all i could think of was how Great Allah is and how true are his words

Brasco
04-24-2010, 09:42 PM

Could you insha'allah remind me in your dua? I've got lots of problems :( I've got plenty of debts :( I'm getting worse in high-school :( I may not pass it :( please remind me in your dua:( I have really really really hard times :( I'm about to lose everything!

marwen
04-24-2010, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brasco

Could you insha'allah remind me in your dua? I've got lots of problems :( I've got plenty of debts :( I'm getting worse in high-school :( I may not pass it :( please remind me in your dua:( I have really really really hard times :( I'm about to lose everything!
I will remind you Brother Brasco in dua, but you have to not give up, and keep always making dua : Places and times where du’aa’ is answered. May Allah help you Akhi and make things easy for you !

Sawdah
04-25-2010, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
i just received some news of a lady who recently lost her husband and three kids in an accident. please keep her in your duas :(
May Allah swt make things easy for her and keep her patient. May Allah azawajjal grant her husband and children the highest level in paradise: Jannah al-Firdaws. Ameen.

Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "A Muslim whose three children die before the age of puberty will be granted Paradise by Allah due to his mercy for them." (Bukhari in the book:Funerals (Al-Janaaiz) [23:340]).

Woodrow
04-25-2010, 04:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
I have a Du'a request.I feel spiritually lost. My faith in God is strong, but I need His guidance on what path to follow. I want to have a closer connection with God, and that is why I am considering Islam. But I need a sign, anything.

Peace Boaz,

Signs are often very subtle and it is only later we realize we saw them. Do not look for any major signs, reflect back and see if you may have been given gentle nudges and remember any decision to accept or reject Islam is your own choice based upon what you have been given knowledge of.

My Du'a is that you find answers to all of your questions and you be given the strength to search and read with a sincere heart and desire to serve our Creator.

Signs are all around you, but you need to take the steps necessary to understand them. Part of if not most of this is for you to pray for guidance and to understand what you are seeking.

Read, read and when you finish reading, read some more.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-25-2010, 08:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brotherubaid
Sister are u informing us of the same sister as in this ..... coz this really is such a loss , a great brother he was.. May Allah have mercy on him
[...]
where did you get this information from? and do you know if the sister is ok?

Ummu Sufyaan
04-25-2010, 08:43 AM
there is this video of a revert (quite a funny story). i think it would be a benefit to you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xhs-...eature=related

Misz_Muslimah
04-25-2010, 08:51 AM

May Allah ease your hardships and grant you success in both this life n the next

Insaanah
04-25-2010, 04:53 PM
May Allah ease everyone's difficulty and grant jannatul firdous to the deceased. Ameen. may He also grant sabr to their loved ones. Ameen.

Supposing a man gets books on Islam, converses with Muslims, asks questions, likes what he sees, but isn't becoming Muslim, because he's waiting for a sign. Generally speaking, I don't think it works like that. There isn't a voice that comes to you, nor a beam of light or anything, nor even necessarily a dream. As Uncle Woodrow said, Allah's signs are subtle. Many people hate Islam, yet Allah chose you to seriously consider it. What if that was your sign (if you believe there must be one)?

What if your sign was (without you realising it), that you are a part and parcel of this online Muslim community?

The Qur'an says many times that there are signs for people who contemplate.

Pray to Allah for guidance. But if you like, believe and accept what you have seen of Islam so far, and it makes sense to you, why not take the shahadah, and come back home to Islam?

May Allah guide you and make things easy for you. Ameen.

Peace.

Beardo
05-10-2010, 04:46 AM
Exams. Please make dua for me!

marwen
05-10-2010, 04:57 AM
May Allah help you and make the exam very easy for you. I want just to remind you to keep saying istighfar, and saying salat on the prophet S.A.W and Allah will make things easier for you inshallah.

Darth Ultor
05-10-2010, 05:18 AM
Two friends of mine are going into surgery, I could use a du'a for them.

marwen
05-10-2010, 05:27 AM
May Allah make their treatment successfull, and heal their illness and give them a good health. Aameen

Ummu Sufyaan
05-10-2010, 05:34 AM
you should also remember that you should make dua for them as well and dont underestimate the power of asking Allah for something (yes, even if you aren't Muslim)...just ask with a sincere heart and never give up asking, even if you see that your duas aren't being answered (they could be, just not directly in the way you have asked). dont feel restless in asking.

Ummu Sufyaan
05-16-2010, 11:57 AM
i need some duas-actually i need alot. life is too hard and i need a breath of fresh air. i need guidance and content.

Darth Ultor
05-16-2010, 01:29 PM
you should also remember that you should make dua for them as well and dont underestimate the power of asking Allah for something (yes, even if you aren't Muslim)...just ask with a sincere heart and never give up asking, even if you see that your duas aren't being answered (they could be, just not directly in the way you have asked). dont feel restless in asking.
There's no such thing as asking too much of God, is there? I don't mean unreasonable requests.

Woodrow
05-16-2010, 05:36 PM
There's no such thing as asking too much of God, is there? I don't mean unreasonable requests.
I would say the problem is we do not ask enough of God(swt) we forget get to ask him for all that we need and in doing so we tend to ignore he is the provider of all things.

Muslim Woman
05-18-2010, 04:49 AM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I would say the problem is we do not ask enough of God(swt)
some people pray and expect that dua will be fulfilled immediately . it reminds me of a joke: God , give me patience and do it quickly.

Abdul Wahid
05-18-2010, 05:08 AM
i need some duas-actually i need alot. life is too hard and i need a breath of fresh air. i need guidance and content.

May ALLAH(SWT) make it easy for you in these difficult times & May ALLAH(SWT) keep you strong on the deen and on the righteous path. Ameen.

Muslim Woman
05-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Salaam

Thanking Allah in times of a Calamity

Umer radhiAllah anhu used to say:

“If Allah strikes me with calamity I will thank Allah for four things: 1) that the test was not in my deen 2) the calamity could have been worse 3) it is an expiation for my sins 4) any loss after losing the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasalam is nothing”

http://www.islamicteachings.org/foru...50.html#p22074

Beardo
05-19-2010, 03:19 AM
Never been more stressed out about an exam. Please make dua for me.

Darth Ultor
05-19-2010, 04:28 AM
I need a du'a for my grandmother. She went to the hospital today. Heart problems.

Muslim Woman
05-19-2010, 04:47 AM
Salaam/Peace

may Allah eases her pain and grant what is good for her , Ameen.

Darth Ultor
05-30-2010, 11:24 AM
How do you make a du'a anyway? I sometimes ask God for things like a positive outcome like a quick recovery. Is there a special way to make a du'a?

Muslim Woman
05-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Salaam/Peace

How do you make a du'a anyway?
I like to make dua when I am in my sujud / prostration and after finishing the salat/prayer.

Amat Allah
05-30-2010, 12:04 PM
here you are my respected and noble brother Boaz , read this may Allah lead your way to the path of the endless happiness Ameeen...

Praise be to Allaah.
Imaam Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“Du’aa’s and ta’awwudhaat [prayers seeking refuge with Allaah] are like a weapon, and a weapon is only as good as the person who is using it; it is not merely the matter of how sharp it is. If the weapon is perfect and free of faults, and the arm of the person using it is strong, and there is nothing stopping him, then he can lay waste the enemy. But if any of these three features is lacking, then the effect will be lacking accordingly.”

(al-Daa’ wa’l-Dawaa’, p. 35).

From this it will be clear that there is an etiquette and rulings which must be fulfilled, in the du’aa’ and in the person making the du’aa’. There are also things that may prevent the du’aa’ reaching Allaah or being answered – these things must be removed from the person making the du’aa’ and from the du’aa’. When all of these conditions are fulfilled, then the du’aa’ may be answered.

1. Sincerity in making du’aa’. This is the most important condition. Allaah has commanded us to be sincere when making du’aa’, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“So, call you (O Muhammad and the believers) upon (or invoke) Allaah making (your) worship pure for Him (Alone) (by worshipping none but Him and by doing religious deeds sincerely for Allaah’s sake only and not to show off and not to set up rivals with Him in worship)” [Ghaafir 40:14].

Sincerity in du’aa’ means having the firm belief that the One upon Whom you are calling – Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted – is alone Able to meet your need, and it also means avoiding any kind of showing off in your du’aa’.

2. Repentance and turning back to Allaah. Sin is one of the main reasons why du’aa’s are not answered, so the person who is making du’aa’ should hasten to repent and seek forgiveness before he makes du’aa’. Allaah tells us that Nooh (peace be upon him) said:

“I said (to them): ‘Ask forgiveness from your Lord, verily, He is Oft-Forgiving; He will send rain to you in abundance, And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.’ ” [Nooh 71:10-12]

3. Beseeching, humbling oneself, hoping for Allaah’s reward and fearing His punishment. This is the spirit, essence and purpose of du’aa’. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret. He likes not the aggressors” [al-A’raaf 7:55].

4. Urgently beseeching and repeating the du’aa’, without getting exasperated or bored; this is achieved by repeating the du’aa’ two or three times. Restricting it to three times is preferable, in accordance with the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) liked to say a du’aa’ three times and ask for forgiveness three times. This was narrated by Abu Dawood and al-Nasaa’i.

5. Making du’aa’ at times of ease, and saying more du’aa’s at times of plenty. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Remember Allaah during times of ease and He will remember you during times of hardship.” Narrated by Ahmad.

6. Seeking to draw closer to Allaah by calling upon Him by His Most Beautiful Names and Sublime Attributes at the beginning of the du’aa’ or at the end. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allaah, so call on Him by them” [al-A’raaf 7:180].

7. Choosing the clearest and most concise words and the best of du’aa’s. The best of du’aa’s are the du’aa’s of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but it is permissible to say other words according to the specific needs of a person.
Other aspects of the etiquette of making du’aa’, although they are not waajib (obligatory), are: to face the Qiblah; to make du’aa’ in a state of tahaarah (purity); to start the du’aa’ with praise of Allaah and blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It is also prescribed to raise the hands when making du’aa’.

One of the things that helps to bring a response to du’aa’ is to seek the best times and places.
Among the best times is the time just before Fajr (dawn), the last third of the night, the last hour of Jumu’ah (Friday), when rain is falling, and between the Adhaan and iqaamah.

Among the best places are mosques in general, and al-Masjid al-Haraam [in Makkah] in particular.

Among the situations in which du’aa’ is more likely to be answered are: when one is mistreated or oppressed, when one is travelling, when one is fasting, when one is in desperate need, and when a Muslim makes du’aa’ for his brother in his absence.

Things which may prevent du’aa’ from being answered include:

1. When the du’aa’ is weak in itself, because it involves something inappropriate, or involves bad manners towards Allaah, may He be exalted, or it is inappropriate, which means asking Allaah for something which it is not permitted to ask, e.g. when a man asks to live forever in this world, or he asks for a sin or something haraam, or he prays that he will die, and so on. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A person's du’aa’s will continue to be answered so long as he does not pray for something sinful or for the breaking of family ties.” Narrated by Muslim.

2. When the person who is making du’aa’ is weak in himself, because he is faint-hearted in his turning towards Allaah. This may be either because of bad manners towards Allaah, may He be exalted – such as raising his voice in du’aa’ or making du’aa’ in the manner of one who thinks he has no need of Allaah; or because he pays too much attention to the wording and tries to come up with unnecessarily ornate phrases, without paying attention to the meaning; or because he tries too hard to weep or shout without really feeling it, or he goes to extremes in that.

3. The reason why his du’aa’ is not answered may be because he has done something that Allaah has forbidden, such as having haraam wealth – whether it be food or drink or clothing or accommodation or transportation, or he has taken a haraam job, or the stain of sin is still in his heart, or he is following bid’ah (innovation) in religion, or his heart has been overtaken by negligence.

4. Consuming haraam wealth. This is one of the major reasons why du’aa’s are not answered. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people, Allaah is Good and only accepts that which is good. Allaah commanded the pious to follow the same commandments as He gave to the Messengers. He says (interpretation of the meaning):

‘O (you) Messengers! Eat of the Tayyibaat [all kinds of Halaal (lawful) foods which Allaah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables, fruits)] and do righteous deeds. Verily, I am Well-Acquainted with what you do’ [al-Mu’minoon 23:51]

‘O you who believe (in the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism)! Eat of the lawful things that We have provided you with’ [al-Baqarah 2:172]

Then he mentioned a man who has travelled on a long journey and is dishevelled and covered with dust; he stretches forth his hands to the heaven, (saying) “O Lord, O Lord”, but his food is haraam, his drink is haraam, all his nourishment is haraam, so how can he du’aa’ be accepted?” Narrated by Muslim.

The man described by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had some of the characteristics which help du’aa’s to be answered – he was travelling and he was in need of Allaah, may He be exalted and glorified – but the fact that he consumed haraam wealth prevented his du’aa’ from being answered. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

5. Trying to hasten the response. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The du’aa’ of any one of you will be answered so long as he is not impatient and says, ‘I made du’aa’ but it was not answered.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

6. Making the du’aa’ conditional, such as saying, “O Allaah, forgive me if You will” or “O Allaah, have mercy upon me if You will.” The person who makes du’aa’ has to be resolute in his supplication, striving hard and earnestly repeating his du’aa’. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Let not any one of you say, ‘O Allaah, forgive me if You will, O Allaah, have mercy on me if You will.’ Let him be resolute in the matter, whilst knowing that no one can compel Allaah to do anything.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

In order for du’aa’s to be answered, it is not essential to adhere to all of these points and be free of all that could prevent one’s du’aa’s from being answered. That is something which happens very rarely. But one has to try hard and strive towards achieving this.

Another important point is to realize that the response to the du’aa’ may take different forms: either Allaah will respond and fulfil the desire of the person who made the du’aa’, or He will ward off some evil from him because of the du’aa’, or He will make something good easy for him to attain because of it, or He will save it with Him for him on the Day of Resurrection when he will be most in need of it. And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/5113/h...%20make%20duaa

Darth Ultor
05-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Can one make a du'a for people who died? As it's Memorial Day here in the US, I think they troops who died in the line of duty and their families deserve some kind of prayer. They deserve it every day, but you get what I'm saying.

Amat Allah
05-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Can one make a du'a for people who died? As it's Memorial Day here in the US, I think they troops who died in the line of duty and their families deserve some kind of prayer. They deserve it every day, but you get what I'm saying.
Yes ,you can make du`aa for people who died any time you want...du`aa is for everyone dead or live , Muslim or Non, Human or not...

may Allah lead your way to the path of the endless true happiness and all the creatures of Allah too...Ameen

Darth Ultor
05-31-2010, 11:21 AM
How would you make one for one who died?

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 11:46 AM
First of all, Dua of a non-believer is not accepted by Allah. If a person dies in a state of disbelief, Muslims supposed to give that person news of Hell.

For Him (Alone) is the Word of Truth (i.e. none has the right to be worshipped but He). And those whom they (polytheists and disbelievers) invoke, answer them no more than one who stretches forth his hand (at the edge of a deep well) for water to reach his mouth, but it reaches him not, and the invocation of the disbelievers is nothing but an error (i.e. of no use). Surat Ar-Ra'd 13:14.

Darth Ultor
05-31-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm sure many believers died in all our past wars.

Amat Allah
05-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Yes , indeed Duaa is for everyone dead or live ,human or not , Muslim or Non...

but I forgot to say that those who died as disbelievers are not benefited from the Duaa ...

Cause they lived in this world and spent their lives for someone else than Allah , The One and The Only True God ,Who created them to worship Him alone ,following their own whims forgetting about the Day of Judgement so , Allah is fair enough to punish them for their disbelief in Him and their disobedience to Him...

Allah says: "On the Day when it comes, no person shall speak except by His (Allah's) Leave. Some among them will be wretched and (others) blessed. (105) As for those who are wretched, they will be in the Fire, sighing in a high and low tone. (106) They will dwell therein for all the time that the heavens and the earth endure, except as your Lord wills. Verily, your Lord is the doer of what He wills. (107) And those who are blessed, they will be in Paradise, abiding therein for all the time that the heavens and the earth endure, except as your Lord will, a gift without an end. (108)"

Surat Hood

but if that person died as a believer (believing in The Oneness of Allah ,worshipping none but Allah and believing that Muhammad is the messanger of Allah) then you can do these paryers :

اَللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لَهُ وَارْحَمْهُ وَعَافِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنْهُ، وَأَكْرِمْ نُزُلَهُ، وَوَسِّعْ مَدْخَلَهُ، وَاغْسِلْهُ بِالْمَاءِ وَالثَّلْجِ وَالْبَرَدِ، وَنَقِّهِ مِنَ الْخَطَايَا كَمَا نَقَّيْتَ الثَّوْبَ اْلأَبْيَضَ مِنَ الدَّنَسِ، وَأَبْدِلْهُ دَارًا خَيْرًا مِنْ دَارِهِ، وَأَهْلاً خَيْرًا مِنْ أَهْلِهِ، وَزَوْجًا خَيْرًا مِنْ زَوْجِهِ، وَأَدْخِلْهُ الْجَنَّةَ، وَأَعِذْهُ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِوَعَذَابِ النَّارِ

Allahhum maghfirlahu warhamhu wa'fu 'anhu wa 'afihee wa-akrim nuzuluhu wa was-si' mudkhalahu, waghsilhu bil maee wath thalji wal bardi, wa naq-qihi minal 'khataya Kama yunaq- qath thawbul abyadu minad danasi, wa abdilhu daran Khayram min darihi, wa ahlan Khayram min ahlihi wa zawjan khayrum min-zawjihi, wa adkhil hul jan-nata, waqihi fitnatal qabri wa 'Azaban nar

O Allah! Forgive him and have Mercy on him and give him strength and pardon him. Be generous to him and cause his entrace to be wide and wash him with water and snow and hail.
Cleanse him of his transgressions as white cloth is cleansed of stains. Give him an abode better than his home, and a family better than his family and a wife better than his wife. Take him into Paradise and protect him from the punishment of the grave (and of the fire)
For Adults
[Muslim; 2:663]

اَللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِحَيِّنَا وَمَيِّتِنَا وَشَاهِدِنَا وَغَائِبِنَا وَصَغِيْرِنَا وَكَبِيْرِنَا وَذَكَرِنَا وَأُنْثَانَا. اَللَّهُمَّ مَنْ أَحْيَيْتَهُ مِنَّا فَأَحْيِهِ عَلَى اْلإِسْلاَمِ، وَمَنْ تَوَفَّيْتَهُ مِنَّا فَتَوَفَّهُ عَلَى اْلإِيْمَانِ، اَللَّهُمَّ لاَ تَحْرِمْنَا أَجْرَهُ وَلاَ تُضِلَّنَا بَعْدَهُ

Allahum maghfir lihayyina, wa mayyitinaa, wa shaahidina, wa ghaa-'ibina, wa sagheerina, wa kabeerina, wa dhakarrina wa untha. Allahumma man ahyaitahu mina fa ahyihi 'alal Islami wa man tawaf-faytahu mina fatawaffahu 'alal imani. Allahumma la tahrima arjahu wa la tudhillana ba'dahu

O Allah! Forgive our living and our dead, those who are with us and those who are absent, our young and our old, our men and our women. O Allah! Whomever you keep alive from us keep him alive on Islam, and whomever you take away from us, take him as a believer. O Allah! Do not leave us bereft of his good and do not send us astray after them.
[Ibn Majah 1:480, Ahmad 2:368]

اَللَّهُمَّ [ إِنَّ فُلاَنَ بْنَ فُلاَنٍ ] فِيْ ذِمَّتِكَ، وَحَبْلِ جِوَارِكَ، فَقِهِ مِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْقَبْرِ وَعَذَابِ النَّارِ، وَأَنْتَ أَهْلُ الْوَفَاءِ وَالْحَقِّ. فَاغْفِرْ لَهُ وَارْحَمْهُ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْغَفُوْرُ الرَّحِيْمُ

Allahumma inna [name the person] fi dhimmatika, wa habli jiwaarika, faqihi min fitnaltil qabri, qa adhaban-naari, wa anta ahlul Wafaa'i wal-Haqqi. Faghfir lahu warhamhu. Innaka antal Ghafurur-Raheem

O Allah! Surely [name the person] is under Your protection, and in the rope of Your security, so save him from the trial of the grave and from the punishment of the Fire. You fulfill promises and grant rights, so forgive him and have mercy on him. Surely You are Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.
[Ibn Majah, abu Dawud 3:211]

اَللَّهُمَّ إِنَّ عَبْدُكَ وَابْنُ أَمْتِكَ احْتَاجَ إِلَى رَحْمَتِكَ، وَأَنْتَ غَنِيٌّ عَنْ عَذَابِهِ، إِنْ كَانَ مُحْسِنًا فَزِدْ فِيْ حَسَنَاتِهِ، وَإِنْ كَانَ مُسِيْئًا فَتَجَاوَزْ عَنْهُ

Allahumma inna abduka wabnu amtika ahtaaja ila rahmatika wa anta Ghaniyyun an 'adhaabihi in kaana muhsinan fazid fi hasanatihi, wa in kaana musii'an fata-jaawaz 'anhu

O Allah! Your slave, the child of Your slave is in need of Your mercy, and You are not in need of his torment. If he was pious then increase his rewards, and if he was a transgressor then pardon him.
[Al-Hakim 1:359 who graded it authentic and ath-Thahabi agreed with him]

you can make any Duaa you want too...

but if he wasn`t a believer then Duaa won`t benefit that dead person ...

may Allah guide us all before standing before Him in that Day ...Ameeeeeeeeen

take care of your self my respected and noble brother...

with all my respect and humility, your sister:

Amat Allah.

Muslim Woman
05-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Salaam/Peace

Can one make a du'a for people who died? As it's Memorial Day here in the US, I think they troops who died in the line of duty and their families deserve some kind of prayer. .
Muslims are allowed to pray for non-Muslims as long as they are alive . If they die without repentance , then we can't make dua for their salvation.

The US troops who are currently killing innocent people in Iraq and Afghanistan , let's make dua for them that they don't kill any innconet anymore and may come back home as Muslims. Those who already died , well , we don't know if they offerered their repentance to God before death . So as a Muslims , I don't make dua for them .

And Allah Knows Best.

glo
05-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Please pray for peace in the Middle East, and for an end to the conflict between Palestine and Israel!
Pray that the international communities will speak out and find a peaceful resolution.

Supreme
05-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Please pray for me in my coming exams, because my future rests on them. Prayer changes everything, and I desperately need to pass these exams. Thank you.

Amat Allah
05-31-2010, 10:23 PM
may Allah make peace prevail all over the world by His Mercy and Generosity...Ameen

Peace will prevail the world after the coming of our prophet and messanger Jesus (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) , the slave of Allah and the son of the slave of Allah ,the pure and virgin Mary ( may Allah be pleased with her), to the earth again by Allah`s willing and Mercy, The Only True God Who deserves to be worshipped alone with no partners...

Indeed ,Laa ilaha illa Allah Muhammadan Rasoolullah...

my respected and noble brother ,may Allah help you and make all your exams easy as drinking the water and give you real success in this life and in the hereafter Ameeen

Raahil
06-03-2010, 09:18 AM

Would you please make an du3a for me for healing.

May Allah protect you all and bless you.

Misz_Muslimah
06-03-2010, 11:37 AM
^ May Allah speed your recovery and bless you with a long, healthy life..ameen

brotherubaid
06-03-2010, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misz_Muslimah
yep long health and RIGHETOUS and with emaan InshahAllah, ameen

shuraimfan4lyf
06-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Ameen thumah Ameen.

BintAbee
06-03-2010, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raahil

Would you please make an du3a for me for healing.

May Allah protect you all and bless you.
I ask Allah, the Lord of the great throne, to cure you.

Raahil
06-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Ameen Yaa Rabi Al-'Alameen.

format_quote Originally Posted by brotherubaid
yep long health and RIGHETOUS and with emaan InshahAllah, ameen

format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
Ameen thumah Ameen.

format_quote Originally Posted by BintAbee
I ask Allah, the Lord of the great throne, to cure you.

Yaa Rab reward my brothers and sisters with Jannah Al-Firdaws.

Jazaakum Allaahu alfa khayran.

Shukran.

Raziah
06-07-2010, 12:21 PM
I also need your duas,
I'm really nervous these days...

Amat Allah
06-08-2010, 12:41 PM
may Allah fill your heart with faith piety His remembrance love the endless peace comfort happiness and satisfaction and be pleased with you always and for ever and all the Ummah Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Darth Ultor
07-03-2010, 01:53 AM
Please pray for my girlfriend who just had surgery on her hand. She had tendinitis.

Raziah
07-03-2010, 07:19 AM
Hello,

Boaz, may Allah cure your girlfriend very soon.

Raahil
07-03-2010, 09:59 AM

Allahumma Rabba An-Nas adh-hib al-bas wa shfi anta Shaafi laa shifa ila Shifa-uk shifa-an laa yughadiru saqaman.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Ameen to all the Duas

MashaAllaah what a great thread :)

زهراء
07-03-2010, 10:45 AM
May Allah cure her and give her guidance. Ameen!

Darth Ultor
07-04-2010, 11:39 AM
She;s okay, thank God. She was just very tired yesterday and her hand hurts, but other than that, she is okay.

marwen
07-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Assalmu Alaycom !
I'm having some hard time lately. Please make dua for your brother (in your heart), that Allah makes things easy for me.

Muslim Woman
07-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Walaykum as Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Assalmu Alaycom !
I'm having some hard time lately. Please make dua for your brother (in your heart), that Allah makes things easy for me.

May Allah makes hard things easy for you , Ameen. Pl. remember

Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope 2:286

Muslim Woman
07-15-2010, 01:21 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Please make dua for your brother (in your heart), that Allah makes things easy for me.
and bro , also remember this verse :

and never give up hope of Allahs Mercy. Certainly no one despairs of Allahs Mercy, except the people who disbelieve."

( سورة يوسف , Yusuf, Chapter #12, Verse #87)

Muslim Woman
07-25-2010, 04:00 AM
Salaam Alaykum ;

it's two years - dad is not with us . He is not present with me /us
physically but I do remember him daily.

Pl. everybody , may I request you to make dua for my beloved dad ? May Allah
grants us to see each other in Jannat , Ameen.

Sawdah
07-25-2010, 05:39 AM
^ in Jannah al-Firdaws, ameen. imsad

Ummu Sufyaan
07-25-2010, 11:44 AM
^ameen. may allah have mercy on him and upon those who have passed.

marwen
07-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Salaam Alaykum ;

it's two years - dad is not with us . He is not present with me /us
physically but I do remember him daily.

Pl. everybody , may I request you to make dua for my beloved dad ? May Allah
grants us to see each other in Jannat , Ameen.
May Allah send his blessings and mercy upon your father and grant him jannatul-firdaous. Aameen.

Misz_Muslimah
07-25-2010, 12:19 PM
^ Ameen :( May Allah grant your dad Jannah and make him amongst the dwellers of Jannah..Ameen!!

Muslim Woman
07-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Salaam brother and sisters,

may Allah accepts and reward you all for duas . Ameen.

Haya emaan
07-25-2010, 03:24 PM
:sl:i guess i can make dua request for my result here...:)
it will be waiting for me when i will be back home..:statisfie

Ummu Sufyaan
07-28-2010, 11:51 AM
i need some duas-again :[

Sawdah
07-28-2010, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mun-o-salwa
:sl:i guess i can make dua request for my result here...:)
it will be waiting for me when i will be back home..:statisfie
i need some duas-again :[
:wa: sisters,

I pray that Allah swt relief you from the hardship you are facing and puts joy in your hearts into meet Him (swt) inshaAllah.

May Allah accept your duas, grant you with shade on the Day where there is no other shade and grant you Jannah al-Firdaws. Ameen.

Darth Ultor
07-29-2010, 02:53 AM
I need a D'ua for my friend. His cancer had relapsed. God, please spare him, he's only twenty.

Brasco
07-29-2010, 03:44 AM
Sorry we are not allowed to supplicate for Kuffar

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/1476

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/1620

if he becomes a Muslim, we're gonna keep him - In sha Allah - in our du'aas.

Peace be upon those who follow the Truth Guidance!

Muslim Woman
07-29-2010, 03:50 AM
Salaam

Sorry we are not allowed to supplicate for Kuffar

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/1476

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/1620

if he becomes a Muslim, we're gonna keep him - In sha Allah - in our du'aas.

Peace be upon those who follow the Truth Guidance!
as long as non-Muslims are alive , we are allowed to pray for them .

And Allah Knows Best.

Muslim Woman
07-29-2010, 03:51 AM
Salaam/Peace

I need a D'ua for my friend. His cancer had relapsed. God, please spare him, he's only twenty.
may God grants what is good for him , Ameen.

Life_Is_Short
07-29-2010, 11:46 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.
Please make Dua for me. I am waiting for a very important decision.

Brasco
07-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Salaam

as long as non-Muslims are alive , we are allowed to pray for them .

And Allah Knows Best.
AS salamu aleykum

It is not permissible to pray for good for a kaafir, because he does not deserve it.
You can only pray for their guidance!! Just read the fatawa and this is what Shaikh Jibrin says:
She can pray for him to be guided to Islam, then if he becomes Muslim, she can pray for him to be healed. But if he persists in his kufr, he does not deserve to have du’aa’ made for him to get better. At the same time, she should still treat him kindly by doing other good things for him, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning)
I really do not understand you why you want to pray for a KAAFIR!!

Vigno
07-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Asalamu Alekum

Sister in Islam, it is written in the Holy Quran that no believer was to ever pray for a disbeliever. A believer can't ask Allah to forgive or have mercy on disbelievers but can pray for them that they be guided to the right path(if there is hope) and Allah knows best.

Asalamu alekum

Misz_Muslimah
07-29-2010, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
:sl: brothers and sisters.
Please make Dua for me. I am waiting for a very important decision.
:wa: sis
May Allah (swt) grant you what's best in both this life and more importantly, the next! Ameen :statisfie

Sawdah
07-30-2010, 01:27 PM

I've been feeling too depressed lately. Duas would be very appreciated.imsad

Jazakumullah Khair.. imsad

Misz_Muslimah
07-30-2010, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seekerofjannah

I've been feeling too depressed lately. Duas would be very appreciated.imsad

Jazakumullah Khair.. imsad
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatu laahi wa barakaatu sis,
May Allah bless you with good ..
(Will keep you in my duas inshallah :))

Sawdah
07-30-2010, 02:14 PM
^ May Allah bless you Misz. JazakiAllah Khair. :smile:

Misz_Muslimah
07-30-2010, 02:17 PM
^ May Allah bless you Misz.
Ameen thuma ameen!

JazakiAllah Khair. :smile:
Wa iyaaki :wub:

Beardo
08-10-2010, 12:56 AM

Please remember me in your duas. Ramadan's coming up, which means Insha-Allah I'll be leading Taraweeh from tomorrow night. I'm a tinsy bit nervous, so please make dua. Plus, school's coming up as well.

Jazakumullahu Khair!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

oh MashaAllaah brother that is soo nice to hear

I shall make dua for you, May Allaah give you strengh to make the Taraweeh prayers,Ameen

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Beardo
08-15-2010, 07:03 AM
School's starting Monday and then I also have Taraweeh at night. I'm a bit nervous and anxious about it all. Alhamdulillah, first 5 nights of taraweeh have been fairly well but I implore you for your duas that I am able to perfect my recitation overall and upkeep with my studies with flying colors as well.

Jazakumullahu Khair!

-stress-

Amat Allah
08-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Don`t worry at all as long as you are pleasing our Lord then Allah will give you help and support and will please you by His willing and mercy...cheer up...

May Allah be pleased with you and reward you with Al Firdaws without being reckoning and all the Ummah Ameeeeeeeeen

~Raindrop~
08-20-2010, 09:41 PM

Please remember my Grandfather in your prayers.
Yesterday, he fell down and today, he fainted whilst fasting :cry: We were forced to make him break his fast while he was still semi-conscious with Zamzam, but he has no recollection of it and won't hear of not fasting, or of missing a single rakah of Taraweeh prayer behind the Imam, or even to pray them sitting down when it's obviously so difficult for him imsad
As soon as he was fully awake, the first thing he did was praise Allah that he was still fasting. When we tried telling him otherwise, he thought we were just trying to get him to break it when he was 'fine' imsad
He's well into his 80s.
Please do try and remember him in your prayers.

Jazakumullah a7sanal jazaa'.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Subhaan`Allaah sister

I will keep him in my Duaas

May Allaah reward your Grandfather and make him among the pious,Ameen

Muslim Woman
08-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Salaam Alaykum

may Allah grant what is good for grand pa, Ameen.

Insecured soul
08-20-2010, 11:06 PM
One of my friend is hospitalized, he is 25 yrs old, something happend to his brain, doctors said he woudnt survive but somehow he was able to pull and now he is able to breath, most of his body is paralyzed, doctors initially said he woudnt survive but thank allah he was able to regain consciousness but now he doesnt recognise anyone.

he is in very bad condition, may allah give him shifaa and help him to recover complete.

please make dua for him

jazakumullahu khairan

assalam alaikum warehmatullah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-20-2010, 11:11 PM
May Allaah grant your friend a speedy recovery, Ameen

Muslim Woman
08-21-2010, 03:59 AM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul
One of my friend is hospitalized, he is 25 yrs old,

May Allah grants what is best for his hereafter.

It reminds us that there is no gurantee we will leave long . Many Muslims don't offer salat regularly , do not perform Hajj . They beleive they will be able to do these when become old .

Darth Ultor
08-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Can we pray for the atheists to realize how foolish it is to think that there is no God and come back to Him?

Woodrow
08-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Can we pray for the atheists to realize how foolish it is to think that there is no God and come back to Him?
We are permitted to pray for Atheists and all non-believers to be guided to Allaah(swt)

Samiun
08-30-2010, 01:44 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters, I have a very important exam coming up next month(32 more days) but I'm still lazy to study and play games a lot just to waste time. Please help me, I need your duas... I can't help but being addictive, I stopped gaming months ago and the worst thing that could happen is that I am playing games before exam.

'Aleena
08-30-2010, 03:40 AM
Wallaikum salam brother

Same here;D.
I have an important exam coming up bt i m just too lazy to open my books:uhwhat
I will sincerely pray for u as i m nd have been many times in the same situation:hiding:

Muslim Woman
08-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Salaam sis

give me all ur games CD :) I don't play .

Dont' worry , InshaAllah
I will return all when ur exam is over .

br , get rid of games CD - give it to someone else who does not have exam .

'Aleena
08-30-2010, 06:03 AM
Salaam sis

give me all ur games CD
wallaikum salam
Sorry my mum took themimsad
right now she is glaring at me:exhausted
and yeah i dont like playing games. its just that when exams are near i start enjoying doing things which i normally find boring...
even just staring at the walls give me immense pleasure;D

Samiun
08-30-2010, 09:14 AM
:sl: sisters

Salaam sis

give me all ur games CD :) I don't play .

Dont' worry , InshaAllah
I will return all when ur exam is over .

br , get rid of games CD - give it to someone else who does not have exam .
My games doesn't require any CDs because there's another source supporting it. Even if I lose my CD, I still can play the game through an account of that particular source.

format_quote Originally Posted by k.aleena
Wallaikum salam brother

Same here.
I have an important exam coming up bt i m just too lazy to open my books
I will sincerely pray for u as i m nd have been many times in the same situation
Strange, this also happened to me. Life as a student eh?

Amat Allah
08-30-2010, 09:44 AM
May Allah open all the doors of success for you brothers and sisters in this Dunya and Akhirah and all the Ummah Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

My respected and noble brother Nbeel, stop playing... you are stronger than that game as I believe and I feel it that you are an exellent hard _working student by Allah`s willing and your amazing abilities are beyound your imagination...just trust Allah leave the game and start build your bright future to be a great and creative Muslim in society just for the sake of Allah in shaa Allah...

May Allah help you be pleased with you and fill your heart with the knowledge of Qur`aan and Sunnah and all the Ummah Ameeeen

go for it my respected and noble brother, you can do it...May Allah ease everything for you and be with you always and for ever and all the Ummah...Ameeeeeeeen.

leaving you under Allah`s sight care and protection...

~Raindrop~
08-30-2010, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha

Please remember my Grandfather in your prayers.
Yesterday, he fell down and today, he fainted whilst fasting :cry: We were forced to make him break his fast while he was still semi-conscious with Zamzam, but he has no recollection of it and won't hear of not fasting, or of missing a single rakah of Taraweeh prayer behind the Imam, or even to pray them sitting down when it's obviously so difficult for him imsad
As soon as he was fully awake, the first thing he did was praise Allah that he was still fasting. When we tried telling him otherwise, he thought we were just trying to get him to break it when he was 'fine' imsad
He's well into his 80s.
Please do try and remember him in your prayers.

Jazakumullah a7sanal jazaa'.
I posted that before and I'm hoping I can ask for some extra du3as in the last 10 nights.
Alhamdulillah, he hasn't missed a single fast since the one he was forced to break, nor a single Jama3ah in the Masjid. This is only due to the Mercy and Power of Allah SWT.
Please keep my Grandfather and myself in your prayers.

Caller الداعي
08-30-2010, 11:26 PM
may Allah give him Shifaa and to all the muslims in the world!!!!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-30-2010, 11:36 PM
May Allaah ease all your hardships and all the Ummah and May Allaah protect you all and grant you all paradise Ameen

mudassara
08-31-2010, 04:13 AM
May allaha grant him Shifaa... Ameen..

mudassara
08-31-2010, 04:23 AM
Assalamu-Alaikum-Wa-Rahmatullahi-Wa-Barakatuhu,
Dear Brothers and sisters
A humble request from the core of the heart… I badly need all of your prayers to full fill my dream… Please remember and include me in ur DUA…. Please pray for my wish to come true..
Allha bless u all with peace and happiness

Jisakallhakahir

'Abd Al-Maajid
08-31-2010, 05:29 AM
First of all I must say that I am not mocking the dua or this thread.

I am seriously in need of my passport. I applied for it about three months ago but it's not dispatched :'((these passport guys are lazy, I hate them for good:raging:). Please pray for me that I get my passport very soon.:wub:
YA ALLAH, LET ME GET MY HANDS ON MY PASSPORT VERY SOON.

Woodrow
08-31-2010, 12:17 PM

May Allaah(swt) shower each of you with his mercy and ease the pain of those who suffer, give healing to those who are sick, give strength to those facing trials and grant prosperity to those in need. It is through our Belief and Faith in Allaah(swt) that we each can face adversity with no fear and full knowledge that we will each gain that which is best for us. Trust in Allaah(swt) and relax in knowing He is the best of planners.

Let us not ever forget; Allah is the source of all power

Woodrow
08-31-2010, 02:24 PM

Please remember my wife Aabidah in your Du'as. She is going in for knee surgery on Sept 9th for a total knee replacement. We been going back and forth almost daily for pre-op consultations and trying to train some horses. Yesterday, she was trying to halter break a horse and the horse ran over her, that did not help her knee. Today it is extremely swollen and very painful.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-31-2010, 02:39 PM
May Allaah SWT ease the pain of your Wives knee and cure it Ameen

i will keep your wife in my Duaas.

Ramadhan
08-31-2010, 03:26 PM
may Allah SWT grants shifa and great health to aunt Aabida. Amiin.

may Allah SWT accept all duas from my brothers and sisters and grants them their wishes. Amiin.

ardianto
08-31-2010, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Please remember my wife Aabidah in your Du'as. She is going in for knee surgery on Sept 9th for a total knee replacement. We been going back and forth almost daily for pre-op consultations and trying to train some horses. Yesterday, she was trying to halter break a horse and the horse ran over her, that did not help her knee. Today it is extremely swollen and very painful.
May Allah SWT grant shifa to aunt Aabidah, and grant her great health. Ameen.

marwen
08-31-2010, 10:33 PM
Ameen to all the above duas.
We should make dua for each other during these last 10 days of ramadhan.
We can mention duas here, but we can also make dua for our brothers and sisters silently (bi dhahir al Ghayb) without letting them know because it will be more accepted inshallah.

and please remember me all in your duas, I'm always in big need for dua.

Amat Allah
09-01-2010, 04:02 PM
May Allah ease your lives my brothers and sisters and give His shifaa to all sick people Ameeeeeeeen

won`t forget you all in shaa Allah...

gladTidings
09-03-2010, 02:09 AM
=(

Please make dua'a for me :cry:

Beardo
09-03-2010, 02:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peãrl
=(

Please make dua'a for me :cry:
May Allah Ta'ala make your situation easy to bear and resolve it in the best of forms.

Remember that there is no difficulty more than you can bear, and that after difficulty, comes ease/relief, insha-Allah!

Abdul Wahid
09-04-2010, 02:36 PM

Request for dua - A brother I know who is a Mufti has fallen off a ladder and is in a coma.

Do dua for him InshaALLAH and his young family.

JazakALLAH-heir

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

May Allaah grant your brother a speedy recovery and grant him shifaa Ameen

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-04-2010, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Wahid

Request for dua - A brother I know who is a Mufti has fallen off a ladder and is in a coma.

Do dua for him InshaALLAH and his young family.

JazakALLAH-heir
Inna Lillah! May Allah give him a speedy recovery. Aameen

~Raindrop~
09-04-2010, 02:41 PM
May Allah SWT grant a speedy and lasting recovery to all those Muslims that are suffering from any type of ailment/sickness.

Ameen thumma Ameen.

Life_Is_Short
09-06-2010, 01:26 AM
:sl: brother and sisters. Please make du'a for me. I am starting university soon and I feel very nervous.

Jazak'Allah Khair

Sawdah
09-06-2010, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid

Inna Lillah! May Allah give him a speedy recovery. Aameen
Ameen.
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
May Allah SWT grant a speedy and lasting recovery to all those Muslims that are suffering from any type of ailment/sickness.

Ameen thumma Ameen.
Thumma Ameen.

:sl: brother and sisters. Please make du'a for me. I am starting university soon and I feel very nervous.

Jazak'Allah Khair
May Allah make your days of university easy for you. :)

Beardo
09-06-2010, 02:38 AM
Tonight's my last day of leading the Khatam Taraweeh (Juz Amma!). It's easy, but that's the problem. Don't want to make any hesitations or mistakes. Could ya'll please remember this paranoid brother (me) in your duas please? Only got an hour or two left.

Life_Is_Short
09-06-2010, 03:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Tonight's my last day of leading the Khatam Taraweeh (Juz Amma!). It's easy, but that's the problem. Don't want to make any hesitations or mistakes. Could ya'll please remember this paranoid brother (me) in your duas please? Only got an hour or two left.
Are you excited?

May Allah SWT make it easy for, Ameen!
May Allah SWT reward you for your efforts, Ameen!

Beardo
09-06-2010, 03:24 AM
Are you excited?

Ameen.

Well, lemme paint a picture for you.

While I was taking a shower, I was applying soap to my face... And for the first time in my life, I inhaled those soap bubble thingies. Now my nose is lightly burning. =/ I inhaled and exhaled water a thousand times to try and rinse it off.

I'm more excited for the aftermath, though, to be honest. A couple of other friends who were leading are going to relieve ourselves at a Halal burger place. But chyeah! Alhamdulillah.

There's gonna be a lot of hugs, I assume, after Taraweeh. It's one of those times where you're completely confused. Some people 1 hug, some people 2 hugs, some people give 3 hugs... You just keep shaking from side to side until they put a stop to it. Some people just shake your hand, but they usually see everyone else hug, so they feel the obligation too, lol.

Ahh. Good ol' memories Alhamdulillah!

Beardo
09-06-2010, 03:25 AM
Are you excited?

Ameen.

While I was taking a shower, I was applying soap to my face... And for the first time in my life, I inhaled those soap bubble thingies. Now my nose is lightly burning. =/ I inhaled and exhaled water a thousand times to try and rinse it off.

I'm more excited for the aftermath, though, to be honest. A couple of other friends who were leading are going to relieve ourselves at a Halal burger place. But chyeah! Alhamdulillah.

There's gonna be a lot of hugs, I assume, after Taraweeh. It's one of those times where you're completely confused. Some people 1 hug, some people 2 hugs, some people give 3 hugs... You just keep shaking from side to side until they put a stop to it. Some people just shake your hand, but they usually see everyone else hug, so they feel the obligation too, lol.

Ansariyah
09-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Salam brothas n Sistas

May Allah accept our duas, can u all pls make dua for me too? Jzk: )

Caller الداعي
09-08-2010, 11:10 AM
ameen.............

Soulja Girl
09-11-2010, 11:31 AM

Please keep me in your duas, really need em.. Shukran. x

~Raindrop~
09-11-2010, 11:34 AM
^will do, inshaAllah.

Please also remember me in your duas, that we have a safe (very long) journey inshaAllah.

Darth Ultor
09-14-2010, 01:17 AM
I say we should say a prayer/dua for the victims of the 9/11 attacks and that Imam Feisal Rauf is successful in his endeavor to reach out in the name of peace and coexistence.

mudassara
09-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Please consider me in ur dua i badly badly need them...

Ummu Sufyaan
09-16-2010, 09:45 AM
brothers and sisters, i am on a "mission" can you please pray that i am successful in this "mission" of mine :( :(

tango92
09-16-2010, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Ameen.

haha, that made me laugh

its always the same at my mosque too, all the uncles have their own ritual method of salaam. i try and get loads, nuthing better than a hug in ramadan :)

Misz_Muslimah
09-16-2010, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mudassara
Please consider me in ur dua i badly badly need them...
May Allah make everything easy for you and grant you what's best in both this life and the next ..ameen

brothers and sisters, i am on a "mission" can you please pray that i am succulent in this "mission" of mine :( :(
:wa: May Allah succeed you in your 'mission' and make it easy for you inshallah..ameen

Ummu Sufyaan
10-15-2010, 01:53 PM
inshallah i'll be taking a break from this forum for a couple of weeks and request your duas...please ask allah to guide me and to relieve my hardship/s. and to give me the energy to complete certain tasks that i have set.

Misz_Muslimah
10-22-2010, 03:55 PM
inshallah i'll be taking a break from this forum for a couple of weeks and request your duas...please ask allah to guide me and to relieve my hardship/s. and to give me the energy to complete certain tasks that i have set.
Wa alaykum salam..
May Allah guide u, relieve your hardships and grant u whats best in both this life n the next..ameen

BrotherGia
10-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Perhaps some of you know that there is a lot of disasters in Indonesia. There were earthquake and tsunami in Mentawai. There were volcano eruptions in Yogyakarta. There was flood in Wasior. A lot of victims there. So, please pray for Indonesia. We need your dua. Please remember Indonesia in your dua :'(.

Woodrow
10-30-2010, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BrotherGia
Perhaps some of you know that there is a lot of disasters in Indonesia. There were earthquake and tsunami in Mentawai. There were volcano eruptions in Yogyakarta. There was flood in Wasior. A lot of victims there. So, please pray for Indonesia. We need your dua. Please remember Indonesia in your dua :'(.
It is my Du'a that the people of Indonesia be given relief from these events and be granted the strength to continue a life of Islamic piety when confronted by them. May the much need material aid come to them with the utmost speed.Ameen

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum^Ameen to all the Duaas

May Allaah grant ease upon those who are in need of protection Ameen

I have a Dua request. Please keep my dear Mother and Father in your beloved Duaas, my Mother has been quite ill lately and my Father has been unwell also.

May Allaah grant you all sucess in this life and the hereafter and grant you all good health and Imaan and the Ummah Ameen

Wa alaaykum salaam

marwen
10-31-2010, 12:07 AM
^ Sure we will. May Allah grant quick shifa'a to your mother and to your father and give them a happy and healthy life.

Misz_Muslimah
10-31-2010, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Aslaamu alaaykum^Ameen to all the Duaas

May Allaah grant ease upon those who are in need of protection Ameen

I have a Dua request. Please keep my dear Mother and Father in your beloved Duaas, my Mother has been quite ill lately and my Father has been unwell also.

May Allaah grant you all sucess in this life and the hereafter and grant you all good health and Imaan and the Ummah Ameen

Wa alaaykum salaam
Wa alaykum salam sis,
May Allah cure your parents and grant them a long life..ameen

BintAbee
10-31-2010, 04:09 PM

Please, please make dua for my uncle. He was involved in a motor car accident on Friday and he is still in ICU up until now imsad

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-31-2010, 07:07 PM
May Allaah keep your uncle safe uktee Ameen

I will continue to keep him in my duaas.

BintAbee
11-02-2010, 10:38 PM
^jazakillah khair sister and to those who repped me. He now has pneumonia imsad. Please, all i ask for is duas :(

Ummu Sufyaan
12-07-2010, 03:35 AM
Sister Danah has 3 exams coming this week and she is in need of dua. please make dua for her.

Muslim Woman
12-07-2010, 04:31 AM
Salaam

InshaAllah sis will do good in the exams :)

Caller الداعي
12-07-2010, 02:54 PM
may Allah make it easy for u !!!

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
12-07-2010, 04:48 PM
^& all of us who seeks His Guidance & Mercy, Aameen.

Beardo
12-12-2010, 08:26 PM
I have finals on Monday and Tuesday. Please make dua that I get an A on the finals and in class. Jazakumullahu Khair. Kindly remember me in your duas after Salaah or between Adhaan and Iqamah. Please don't forget. Your duas mean a lot to me.

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-12-2010, 08:31 PM
^ Insha' Allah. I am on it, man, just hold on there. Don't lose hope. :p iA you will do better than ever. :)

Re.TiReD
12-12-2010, 09:17 PM
AssalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah

May Allah (swt) bless you all in abundance and reserve for you a place in the most beautiful of gardens, ameen!
May He (swt) instill in us Sabr when dealing with difficulties, Hikmah when dealing with people, 'Ilm in an age where secular education is valued and Ikhlaas when celebrating our acheivements. Ameen.

Make du'aa for me insha'Allah, few difficulties here and there, Alhamdulillah 'ala kulli haal.

Wassalam

Ramadhan
12-14-2010, 04:03 AM
I am making du'a that Allah SWT grants every wish and du'as that have been expressed in this thread. Amiin.
May Allah provide us with His guidance and may He SWT ease our life in this world and make jannah our after life destinanation. Amiin

Life_Is_Short
12-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Please pray for me. I have my final semester exams in January. Jazak'Allah Khyr

Woodrow
12-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Please remember the Native Americans living on the reservations of the Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska and Minnesota. The winter months are very harsh on them and many have no electricity and often no means to heat their homes. The temperatures do reach 35 below zero and sometimes even colder, the winters are very dangerous for them. May Allaah(swt) protect them and guide those who have yet to hear of Islam.

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Amen to your Du'as.

Samiun
01-03-2011, 01:19 AM
:sl:, All praise is due to Allah S.W.T. for accepting the dua of both my parents and my brothers and sisters. I have gotten a very good result on the examination that I had to go through a few months ago. I wonder how is sister K.Aleena's exam result

Muslim Woman
01-03-2011, 01:30 AM
Walaykum as Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Nbeel
:sl:, All praise is due to Allah S.W.T. for accepting the dua of both my parents and my brothers and sisters. I have gotten a very good result on the examination that I had to go through a few months ago. I wonder how is sister K.Aleena's exam result

thanks for sharing the good news :)

Sawdah
01-09-2011, 06:04 PM

Please make du'a that I pass my exams with a high grade, inshaAllah. My exams start in a week and my classes are not done covering the material for this semester yet. I'm slightly freaking out, but inshaAllah I hope things go well and that I have time to study my notes correctly...

Remember me in your du'as please, jazakumAllah Khair.

Hamza Asadullah
01-09-2011, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SeekerofJannah

Please make du'a that I pass my exams with a high grade, inshaAllah. My exams start in a week and my classes are not done covering the material for this semester yet. I'm slightly freaking out, but inshaAllah I hope things go well and that I have time to study my notes correctly...

Asalaamu Alaikum, May Allah give you the best of this world and of the hereafter. Ameen

Samiun
01-09-2011, 09:47 PM
:sl:, please make du'a for my uncle who is in stroke and has a 50/50 chance of surviving.

rose17
01-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Ameen to all duas....
Insha allah i will make dua..

Endymion
01-11-2011, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SeekerofJannah

May Allah swt bless you,guide you and help you become successful in every test of life.Amen.:statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum, May Allah give you the best of this world and of the hereafter. Ameen
Subhanallah,what a nice doaa,contains every thing.Please make the same doaa for me,i'll be grateful :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by Nbeel
:sl:, please make du'a for my uncle who is in stroke and has a 50/50 chance of surviving.
May Allah swt bless him with health and life and he will enjoy a long,healthy and peaceful life.Amen :)

Amira_Zelda
01-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Salam my brothers and sisters !!! I have many friends from the countries of Algeria and Tunisia .. I dont know if you all are aware of the situation there, but the people there are going through a "revolution" as some say. However, there have been many riots and acts of violence and innocent people have been hurt and even worse killed !! :( In Tunisia about 23 or 25 people have been recorded dead... this number might be smalll but it hurts the entire Tunisian community as a whole..
Please make du'3a for the security of these muslim communities.. and of those families who fear for their lives, and for their children..

These people need to turn back to Allah and return to the Straight Path !! no violence.. no sin... more love peace and respect !!

Thanks ! :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.