/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Remarkable Facts on Sahaba's

Noor
11-21-2005, 05:02 AM
:sl:

InshAllah, this thread is dedicated to the companions of RasulAllah sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam. It's simple: Post facts about the Sahaba's you deem remarkable. Remember, the shorter the info is, the more likely someone (me) will read it.
Let the remarkable information be a reminder to us all, so that we may become examples of their characters!

Sahih Muslim, Book 031, Number 5880:

Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Who amongst you is observing fast this day? Abu Bakr said: It is I. He (again) said: Who amongst you has followed the bier [i.e. for a janaazah] today? Abu Bakr said: It is I. He (the Holy Prophet) again said: Who amongst you has served food to the needy? Abu Bakr said: It is I. He (again) said: Who amongst you has today visited the sick? Abu Bakr said: It is I. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He must get into Paradise who combines in himself (all these noble qualities and virtues).

Abu Bakr (raa) accomplished all these acts without knowing that Prophet (pbuh) will ask and identify them as the qualities to enter Paradise. We are now blessed to have the knowledge already that these are the required acts among many others that if fulfilled will lead us to paradise. Let us race to Jannah!!!!

Plan for tomorrow: Fast , pray Janaza, Visit a sick person, and feed a needy person.

:w:

p.s. InshAllah this thread will be more popular than Amazing Piece of Info thread.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ABWAN
11-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Sahih Bukhari
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 161:
Narrated Abu Juhaifa:

The Prophet established a bond of brotherhood between Salman and Abu Darda'. Salman paid a visit to Abu ad-Darda and found Um Ad-Darda' dressed in shabby clothes and asked her why she was in that state.?" She replied, "Your brother, Abu Ad-Darda is not interested in the luxuries of this world." In the meantime Abu Ad-Darda came and prepared a meal for him (Salman), and said to him, "(Please) eat for I am fasting." Salman said, "I am not going to eat, unless you eat." So Abu Ad-Darda' ate. When it was night, Abu Ad-Darda' got up (for the night prayer). Salman said (to him), "Sleep," and he slept. Again Abu-Ad-Darda' got up (for the prayer), and Salman said (to him), "Sleep." When it was the last part of the night, Salman said to him, "Get up now (for the prayer)." So both of them offered their prayers and Salman said to Abu Ad-Darda',"Your Lord has a right on you; and your soul has a right on you; and your family has a right on you; so you should give the rights of all those who have a right on you). Later on Abu Ad-Darda' visited the Prophet and mentioned that to him. The Prophet, said, "Salman has spoken the truth."

As a scholar, Salman was noted for his vast knowledge and wisdom. Ali said of him that he was like Luqman the Wise. And Ka'b al-Ahbar said: "Salman is stuffed with knowledge and wisdom of an ocean that does not dry up." Salman had a knowledge of both the Christian scriptures and the Qur'an in addition to his earlier knowledge of the Zoroastrian religion. Salman in fact translated parts of the Qur'an into Persian during the life-time of the Prophet. He was thus the first person to translate the Qur'an into a foreign language.

Salman, because of the influential household in which he grew up, might easily have been a major figure in the sprawling Persian Empire of his time. His search for truth however led him, even before the Prophet had appeared, to renounce a comfortable and affluent life and even to suffer the indignities of slavery. According to the most reliable account, he died in the year thirty five after the hijrah, during the caliphate of Uthman, at Ctesiphon.

Noor
12-01-2005, 12:20 AM

(this was already posted in another thread, but is best here)

sahih al bukhari - hadith 3431, The Book of the Companions of the Prophet

Umar bin Al-Khattab asked the permission of Allah's Apostle to see him while some Quraishi women were sitting with him, talking to him and asking him for more expenses, raising their voices above the voice of Allah's Apostle.

When 'Umar asked for the permission to enter, the women quickly put on their veils. Allah'› Apostle allowed him to enter and 'Umar came in while Allah's Apostle was smiling, 'Umar said "O Allah's Apostle! May Allah always keep you smiling." The Prophet said, "These women who have been here, roused my wonder, for as soon as they heard your voice, they quickly put on their veils. "'Umar said, "O Allah's Apostle! You have more right to be feared by them than I." Then 'Umar addressed the women saying, "O enemies of yourselves! You fear me more than you do Allah's Apostle ?" They said, "Yes, for you are harsher and sterner than Allah's Apostle." Then Allah's Apostle said, "O Ibn Al-Khattab! By Him in Whose Hands my life is! Never does Satan find you going on a way, but he takes another way other than yours."

Umm Safiya
12-01-2005, 08:52 AM

Mashâ'Allâh, great info.. Keep 'em coming inshâ'Allâh.. JazakAllâh..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Noor
01-16-2006, 09:18 PM

Hadith of Umar (may Allah be pleased with him)

Regarding the black stone, hajr-e-aswad, there is a hadith (tradition), attributed to the illustrious companion of the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh), Umar (may Allah be pleased with him).

According to Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, book of Hajj, chapter 56, H.No. 675. Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said, "I know that you are a stone and can neither benefit nor harm. Had I not seen the Prophet (pbuh) touching (and kissing) you, I would never have touched (and kissed) you".

---

For some reason, I really enjoy this hadith, one of my favourites.

Brother_Mujahid
01-16-2006, 09:36 PM
thought id share the following.

This incident takes place during the opening of jerusalem in Umar (ra) caliphate..........

".......Over the years Bilal had risen in strature as a saintly muslim, and had become the most closeset and venerated companions of the prophet. But on his death bilal had fallen silent; he would not call adhan anymore.

It now occured to some of the companions that perhaps the conquest of the holy city jerusalem was an important enough occasion for bilal to break his silence. they asked Umar to urge him to call adhan, just this one time! Umar turned to Bilal " O bilal! the companions of the messenger of Allah implore you to call the adhan and remind them of the time of their prophet, on whom be the blessings of Allah and peace."

For a few moments Bilal remained lost in thought. Then he looked at the eager faces of the companions and at the thousands of muslim soldiers who were gathering for the congregational prayer. then he stood up. Bilal would call the adhan again!

The glorious voice of the illustrious Mu'azzin beat upon the vast multitude. As he called the opening words, Allah is Great, the minds of the faithful turned to memories of the dearly loved Muhamad and tears welled in their eyes. When Bilal came to the words, Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah, his audience broke down and sobbed............"
taken from Khalid bin Waleed the sword of Allah

Abdul-Raouf
09-13-2011, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor

(this was already posted in another thread, but is best here)

sahih al bukhari - hadith 3431, The Book of the Companions of the Prophet

Umar bin Al-Khattab asked the permission of Allah's Apostle to see him while some Quraishi women were sitting with him, talking to him and asking him for more expenses, raising their voices above the voice of Allah's Apostle.

When 'Umar asked for the permission to enter, the women quickly put on their veils. Allah'› Apostle allowed him to enter and 'Umar came in while Allah's Apostle was smiling, 'Umar said "O Allah's Apostle! May Allah always keep you smiling." The Prophet said, "These women who have been here, roused my wonder, for as soon as they heard your voice, they quickly put on their veils. "'Umar said, "O Allah's Apostle! You have more right to be feared by them than I." Then 'Umar addressed the women saying, "O enemies of yourselves! You fear me more than you do Allah's Apostle ?" They said, "Yes, for you are harsher and sterner than Allah's Apostle." Then Allah's Apostle said, "O Ibn Al-Khattab! By Him in Whose Hands my life is! Never does Satan find you going on a way, but he takes another way other than yours."

whenever i read this hadith.... it rocks :) ....Allahu Akbar !!!

Endymion
09-13-2011, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
thought id share the following.

This incident takes place during the opening of jerusalem in Umar (ra) caliphate..........

".......Over the years Bilal had risen in strature as a saintly muslim, and had become the most closeset and venerated companions of the prophet. But on his death bilal had fallen silent; he would not call adhan anymore.

It now occured to some of the companions that perhaps the conquest of the holy city jerusalem was an important enough occasion for bilal to break his silence. they asked Umar to urge him to call adhan, just this one time! Umar turned to Bilal " O bilal! the companions of the messenger of Allah implore you to call the adhan and remind them of the time of their prophet, on whom be the blessings of Allah and peace."

For a few moments Bilal remained lost in thought. Then he looked at the eager faces of the companions and at the thousands of muslim soldiers who were gathering for the congregational prayer. then he stood up. Bilal would call the adhan again!

The glorious voice of the illustrious Mu'azzin beat upon the vast multitude. As he called the opening words, Allah is Great, the minds of the faithful turned to memories of the dearly loved Muhamad and tears welled in their eyes. When Bilal came to the words, Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah, his audience broke down and sobbed............"
taken from Khalid bin Waleed the sword of Allah
Subhanallah,this made me cry.I always think that Bilal RA was the luckiest man on planet Earth.He was a Black slave but no man can counter his status Subhanallah.He made All his nation proud.Jazakallahu Khyran for sharing,Respected brother.
I read that Bilal RA went back to his country after the Death of Muhammad SAW and after some time when he came back,people of Madina asked him to call the Adhan.Bilal RA refused and said that He only call prayer at the time of Muhammad SAW and He always watch the lightening face of Muhammad SAW after calling the Adhan.People of Madina asked The noble grand sons of Muhammad SAW,Hassan RA and Hussein RA to ask Bilal RA to call prayer.Bilal RA was unable to refuse them and he called the adhan.The people of Madina all came out of their houses and remeber the Precious times of Muhammad SAW.When Bilal RA came to the words,"Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah SWT,He burst into tears and fainted.When he woke up,He went back to Habasha and never returned again.
Subhanallah,such honorable and lucky people.

And i love all the Ahadiths shared above specially Ahadith about Respected Umar RA.I respect him and love him the most.Subhanallah.And all the noble companions are more precious to me than my life.Please keep sharing the precious ahadiths.May Allah SWT reward you all.Amen.

Endymion
09-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Assalam Alekum.

I read this Hadith about Umar RA on a web page.Please tell me if this in Tirmidhi??

Prophet Muhammad SAW said.

"If some else Prophet should have been proposed by ALLAH after me, would have been Umar bin Khattab. (Tirimzi)"

Samiun
09-17-2011, 10:26 PM
:sl: I have this app called stories of the Sahabahs but I'm not sure if I could related their stories to this thread as e author doesn't mention any sources although I found to be familiar

Al-Mufarridun
09-17-2011, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:sl: I have this app called stories of the Sahabahs but I'm not sure if I could related their stories to this thread as e author doesn't mention any sources although I found to be familiar
In that case, the name of the author and book title should suffice.

Endymion
09-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) relates :-

the Prophet (may Allah's Blessings and Peace be upon him) said to Bilal:-

"Tell me~ Bilal! of your most hopeful action since your acceptance of Islam~
because
I have heard the echo of your footsteps in Paradise in front of me?"

Bilal replied:-
"I do not consider any of my actions more hopeful (of acceptance from Allah) than that whenever I have made my ablutions (Wudu) during the day or night I have each time offered by way of prayer that which Allah has made easy for me."

Source:-{ Bukhari Book #21, Hadith #250) & Muslim}

Notes:-
No One knew about this action except Bilal . . . . and Allah.

And look how great Allah's Reward was . . .

Do any of us have an action that ONLY Allah knows we are doing?

This is what truly makes an action special . . .
when you are so sincere that you seek
only the Pleasure of Allah.

Give away something you absolutely love, wake up at night to pray, visit an orphanage, give out some charity, really forgive someone who hurt you, submit to Allah's Decree in something you don't like. . .
or like Bilal (may Allah be pleased with him) pray 2 rak'aats each time you make wudu . . . and keep it "a secret" between only you and Allah.

Then, on the Day that you finally meet Him, you will have something special to present to Him . . . something you can be sure was sincerely for
His Pleasure.

~ Sabr ~
05-16-2012, 02:30 PM
:bump:

Perseveranze
05-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Really inspiring lecture about Bilal(ra), what an inspiration his life is.

Perseveranze
05-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Umar(ra) was an amazing man, another truly inspiring Sahaba(ra).

His letter to his generals in regards to war -

His famous letter to the river Nile (to overflow and abolish the practice of female human sacrifice) -

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.