/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Makeup in prayer

shanu
11-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Hi
I would like to know if if is ok to take wudhu with makeup on? Must we completely clean our face when we take wudhu. What happens if we work in a customer service sector that requires us to wear make up. Must we remove the makeup each time we want to pray? Please help me

Confused Shanu:nervous:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
11-21-2005, 12:50 PM
:sl:

each time we do wudhu yh- the make up must be removed

:w:

TEH
11-21-2005, 04:30 PM
One more tihng, how do makeup and hijaab go together???

:D

Ameeratul Layl
11-21-2005, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
One more tihng, how do makeup and hijaab go together???

:D

wat u trying to say. A woman with hijaab dont look good with make up..
*thinks*

I kinda agree with that one.
If u think about it.....if she is wearing hijab she is being modest. Wearing make up scraps the modesty so there is no need for hijab.

Gosh!! Im learning.

Though, I must say- if ur marreid. Its a different story.:playing:

Allah ma3ak

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
libyanhero
11-21-2005, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shanu
Hi
I would like to know if if is ok to take wudhu with makeup on? Must we completely clean our face when we take wudhu. What happens if we work in a customer service sector that requires us to wear make up. Must we remove the makeup each time we want to pray? Please help me

Confused Shanu:nervous:
(edited) why do you need to wear makeup in the first place?

Muezzin
11-21-2005, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by libyanhero
why do you need to wear makeup in the first place?
Her job requires her to, apparently. That seems kind of strange, but whatever.

libyanhero
11-21-2005, 05:48 PM
no i dont think Aishah(ra) wore any makeup unless at home for her husband where no other man can see but the way I see it, she is beautiful with or without it but sometimes I prefer without because it makes her more innocent where makeup makes her more dangerous in a way because its not for the one thing anymore, its a seduction to any man who finds it beautiful. I did not say makeup doesn't make u more beautified but according to modesty no and I like the modest women.

Sahabiyaat
11-21-2005, 05:54 PM
^ i agree with ur comments brother.

lol
no need to remove make up wen doing wudu
one big splash of h2o and it comes off automatically :giggling:

~Raindrop~
11-21-2005, 05:58 PM
salaam.
i agree wiv you brother. some good points made.
wassalam

Halima
11-28-2005, 02:41 AM

It wouldn't be so smart to put on makeup right before you make wu'du to make prayers? agree? what is the point of putting on makeup when you will wash your face again? Besides that why would you want to prettify yourself when you have to concentrate on what you say to the Al-mighty instead of how you look? So in other words yes, I would say that it is very necessary to wash off your make-up before you pray. You must. Otherwise you prayers will be nullified.

shanu
11-29-2005, 06:16 PM
assalamu alaikum :eek:
Haiz
Actually 1st of all, im in singapore. The environmen here is totally different.I dont make up before ma prayer. That would be absurd lol. Im a business management student and am attached to work. My work requires makeup.
2ndly im an indian, i usually prefer a shawl on my head. What i really meant was. After work, i come home around 4.00pm. My zohor prayer is gg to end and asar is gg to start. If i were to wash ma face n really cleanse it, i would miss my zohor. :'( So what i was trying to ask is, if it was ok if i give a quick splash on ma face, n take ma wudhu. Instead of really scrubbing ma face n then take wudhu. What do i do in a situation like this. Because by the time i really scrub i usually miss ma zohor. Anyway thanks 4 ur comments. :) Cheers

Shanu :)

sapphire
11-29-2005, 09:40 PM
i think you should do wadhu in advance..if the water misses the face coz of mkeup then ur salaat wont be accepted...washing the face is a faraz...anyway sis u have to wear makeup for work??coz the people who wear niqaab are the ones who are allowed to wear makeup as they are hiding their faces from ghair maharim...but Allah swt has allhamdullilah given us natuarl beauty(then theres me saying im not pretty but still im learning)

shanu
12-02-2005, 06:09 PM
assalamu alaikum
thanks for your help sisters and brothers. I have adjusted ma time in such a way so that wen i reach home, i can take wudhu n then pray. I feel that is better too. Becos last time i always had a fear that my prayers may nt be accepted if i rush. So realy thanks :) i' think this is da best solution. take care n may allah bless alwasys

sapphire
12-02-2005, 07:01 PM
thats good sister...inshallah you will benefit from the steps you have taken....

safwana
12-02-2005, 07:27 PM

u ave 2 remove the make up otherwise ur wudu will nt b dun?

why put mke up it jst gves 2 ppl around u? wts natrul beauty der 4?

UmmKhadi
12-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Salaam aleikum

What kind of makeup can resist Wudhu? I mean, apart from water-proof mascara, anything else would rub off. And even waterproof mascara would run anyway, from Wudhu. So i would never do that in public atleast hehe...

- Qatada -
12-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Question

Dear scholars, As-Salamu `alaykum. There is confusion among us women regarding whether it is permissible to perform the prayer (salah) with cosmetics and lipstick on. Some of us say that a woman may apply lipstick, etc., after wudu’ (ablution) and then she can offer her prayers. Others among us say that a woman's prayer cannot be accepted when she is wearing lipstick. Please explain what is the right position?

Answer

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Sister, thanks a lot for your question and the interest you show in having a clearer view of the true teachings of Islam. May Allah help you get the right understanding and stand firm on the Straight Path! Ameen!

As for your question, though a woman may pray with clean cosmetics on, she must apply them after wudu’, and she is not allowed to wear them in public where she will be seen by men. If she wears make-up in mixed company, she should cover her face.

In response to your question, Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, former President of the Islamic Society of North America, states:

“To answer your question, I would like to discuss the following two points:

First of all, it is permissible for a woman to use cosmetics and lipstick to beautify herself. She is allowed to pray while wearing her cosmetics as long she has put these things on after wudu'. Of course one has to make sure that the cosmetics one is using do not contain anything that is considered unclean and prohibited in Islam. Some cosmetics might contain products taken from the pig. They are prohibited and should not be used at any time. Women should also make sure to wash all those parts of their body that must be washed for wudu' before applying lipstick or other cosmetics. A woman who neglects her wudu' because she does not want to disturb her make-up is committing a sin.

Wudu' is a necessary precondition for salah. Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "The salah is not acceptable without wudu'." Wudu' requires washing both hands, rinsing the mouth, cleaning the nose, washing of the whole face from the forehead to the bottom of the chin and from right ear to the left ear, washing of hands including the elbows, wiping on the hair, neck and behind the ears and washing of feet including the ankles. This is the Sunnah in making wudu'. If any part of the body that must be washed is not washed, then the wudu is incomplete and the prayer thereafter will be invalid.

Secondly, I want to emphasize that although women are allowed to use lipstick or other cosmetics to beautify themselves, however, like all other things in Islam, this should also be done in moderation. Too much involvement in cosmetics and wasting too much money and time on these things is not acceptable in the Islamic value system. Islam wants to develop in its followers, both males and females, a mindset of modesty, moderation and simplicity.

When Muslim women go outside their homes, especially in mixed gatherings, then they should be more careful about their appearance. Their appearance should not be to show off or to invite the glances of men towards them, but to keep their own dignity and honor. They must guard the purity of their own selves as well as the purity of the society around them. Muslim women in America frequently go to their Islamic centers and mosques, and we actually encourage them to do so, because this is necessary for their own and their family's Islamic education, but they must come to the Islamic centers in very modest Islamic dress and appearance.”

You can read also:

Performing Ablution while Wearing Nail Polish.

If you are still in need of more information, don't hesitate to contact us. Do keep in touch. May Allah guide us all to the straight path!

Allah Almighty knows best.

Source.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.