/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why blame the non-Muslims?

Silver Pearl
11-21-2005, 07:51 AM
:w: Warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Well this sort of links to the thread on ‘why do you live in a non-Muslim country.’ if I posted in the thread it might have gone off-topic I thought (but mods if I’m wrong just merge the threads).

It is simple and easy for us to ask why do we live in a non-Muslim country; where it is so ‘corrupt’ and full of fitnah lakin has it crossed our minds that the Muslim countries don’t want us?

What I mean is when my sister and her husband went to Hajj, as they had a British passport; the Saudi valued them more than those who had an Egyptian or Somalian etc passport. Why? When you get into the country here, they don’t really care what passport you have so long as it identifies you and is valid to travel with.

Also some part of Egypt is actually worse than here in terms of fitnah and what not. Kids are spoilt and indulge in everything unlawful. I’m not saying all parts of Egypt is like that, alhamdulillah, lakin the fact of the matter is, it is easy for us to stay here than it is to go to a Muslim country, why?

I think it is in Dubai, that if you’re not born there you’re only allowed to live in the country for 3shra sana (10 years), how ridiculous.

So isn’t it about time the Ummah took blame for our mistakes, faults and disaster?

What is the obsession with non-Muslims? No seriously, this may sound funny but we are obsessed as an Ummah. It was only couple of days ago, a brother was asked why the Ummah is in a bad situation and the answer was ‘it is the non-Muslims fault,’ have we all forgotten, Qadr-ul-llah?

Forget those who disbelieve, they’ll face Allah (subhana wa ta’ala).

Why are we Muslims striving to be accepted in the west rather than actually speaking to our rules *(as it isn’t permissible to rebel or backbite against rulers) and do what is best in dunya wa akhirah?

Why don’t you live in a Muslim country?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
11-21-2005, 08:17 AM
:w: Warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,
wa alaikum asalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Well this sort of links to the thread on ‘why do you live in a non-Muslim country.’ if I posted in the thread it might have gone off-topic I thought (but mods if I’m wrong just merge the threads).
It's all good :peace:

I think it is in Dubai, that if you’re not born there you’re only allowed to live in the country for 3shra sana (10 years), how ridiculous.
If you are talking about UAE, then I think you may be mistaken, as I know many brothers who have been living there for more than that period of time.

So isn’t it about time the Ummah took blame for our mistakes, faults and disaster?
People in general, will always look to blame others. This is not something which only exists in the muslim ummah. People feel more at ease, if they can place the blame for their problems on other individuals.

If you look at those who have made hijrah, they still criticise the countries which they reside in. So I don't think it's relevant, whether it is a kafir country or not. It being a kaffir country is only used as an excuse.
have we all forgotten, Qadr-ul-llah?
Subhanallah, so true, barakallahu feekum.

Silver Pearl
11-22-2005, 04:28 PM
:w: warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

If you are talking about UAE, then I think you may be mistaken, as I know many brothers who have been living there for more than that period of time.
My mistake brother, i only go by heresy so i should not even have commented, may Allah (swt) forgive me for my error.

People in general, will always look to blame others. This is not something which only exists in the muslim ummah.
Yeah, you're right, escape goat is easy but having said that, does it justify anything? I mean we are not talking about the few mistakes here and there, we are talking about sins and mistakes which has had an enormous impact on muslims and even caused some damage into how Islam is perceived. Don't get me wrong, truth stands clear from falsehood but when will the excuses end?

People feel more at ease, if they can place the blame for their problems on other individuals.
you're right, Or they just simply pretend the issue does not concern them.

If you look at those who have made hijrah, they still criticise the countries which they reside in.
na'am,

So I don't think it's relevant, whether it is a kafir country or not. It being a kaffir country is only used as an excuse.
True, why do people still do it then? is 95% of the ummah just blinded by ignorance and yearn to blame their flaws and err on others?

I'm not only subjecting these questions at you brother :)

barakallahu feekum.
wa eyaka,

May Allah (subhana wa ta'3la) increase you in 3ilm

Would you reply to this post if the issue was about insignificant things? most likely yes, but yet now, you seem to have no desire to reply. Surely the shaytan has not won in making you lazy when it comes to the ummah and Islam.

Far7an
11-22-2005, 10:49 PM
assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarkatuh

My mistake brother, i only go by heresy so i should not even have commented, may Allah (swt) forgive me for my error.
Not at all, actually thinking about it now, it may have been a newly introduced law which does not apply to those who lived there, prior to it being introduced. I'll do more research InshaAllah.

I understand all the points you are making, and I apologise for not answering all the questions in your first post.

What is the obsession with non-Muslims? No seriously, this may sound funny but we are obsessed as an Ummah. It was only couple of days ago, a brother was asked why the Ummah is in a bad situation and the answer was ‘it is the non-Muslims fault,’
This reminds me of a question which was posed to Sheikh Salim Al Amry on paltalk. A brother asked "To what extent should we show our hatred towards the kuffar?" I never noted down his exact reply, but he asked the brother, how he intends on giving da'wah, if he has hatred for them?

The amazing thing is, we think so low of them, yet we are not willing to discuss Islam with them, in hope that Allah will guide them. The curses which are thrown at them, need to be substituted with ad'iya, asking Allah to guide them.

Which brings me on to the following hadith..

On the authority of Anas bin Malik, the servant of the messenger of Allah, that the prophet said :

"None of you [truely] believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself."

related by Bukhari and Muslim

I was at a lecture last year which was held in our university, during their Islamic awareness week, and in that lecture the sheikh mentioned this hadith. Along with it, he also stated that it is the opinion of many scholars of hadith that the brother it is reffering to in the hadith, is not only your brother in Islam, but your brother in humanity. So, just as we wish to have strong Imaan and taqwa, we should wish that for them.

Finally, I would like to remind you all of the prophet's journey to ta'if.

The people of ta'if rejected the truth. When he was leaving the city, the chiefs of Thaqif set their slaves and scoundrels behind him, who went on crying at him, abusing him and petting him with stones for a long way from either side of the road till he became broken down with wounds and his shoes were filled with blood. Wearied and exhausted he took shelter in the shade of the wall of a garden outside Ta'if, and prayed:

"O God, to Thee I complain of my weakness, little resource, and lowliness before men. O Most Merciful, Thou art the Lord of the weak, and Thou art my Lord."

Subhanallah! The best of creation, can we see ourselves doing the same? Allahul musta'an

May Allah guide us all

I have just re-read your initial post, and realised how off track I have gone, forgive me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.