/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Preventing Aids In Muslim Countries.

Genius
11-21-2005, 09:49 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4457208.stm READ THIS

Are condoms really that hard to get ahold of? How do we stop intravenous drug use that leads to hiv infection? Discuss.........

Some quotes from the above article:

Research in the Saudi Arabian capital, Riyadh, showed many of the people affected were married women who had been infected by their husbands

Official figures from Egypt indicated that HIV infections were passed on mainly through unprotected sex

"Only 5% knew that condom use could prevent HIV infection and more than two-thirds of the women had never seen or heard of a condom,"

Research pointed out that Iran and Libya had significant levels of HIV infection through intravenous drug use.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
11-21-2005, 10:01 PM
:sl: Its very sad because the majority of the people that are spreading men is the men and to make matters worse, we abide by a conservative religion that doesn't allow relations before marriage. There is not a whole lot of ways to get AIDS unless those men had sexual relations before marriage. I don't understand how? How can they get AIDS before marriage if they are passing it on to their wives when there is not supposed to be any sexual relations before marriage? It doesn't make sense to me. If anything the middle eastern countries should have people with the least amount of AIDS due to our conservative laws that we have to abide by.:w:

minaz
11-21-2005, 11:22 PM
blood infections?????????

Brother_Mujahid
11-21-2005, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
blood infections?????????
yes possibly, but i doubt the population that are infected would entirely be due to blood infections.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Safa
11-22-2005, 01:28 AM
"Only 5% knew that condom use could prevent HIV infection and more than two-thirds of the women had never seen or heard of a condom,"
:sl:

Education, education, education....to spread the information somehow.

:w:

mahdisoldier19
11-22-2005, 08:13 PM
salam

Heh its obvious that Iran will have the most problems, no offense to any iran peopleor shiites but the majority of iranians that i know go to clubs and if you look at iran yes they have strong military and warriors but still iran its like the muslim club land over there. and yes ive been there to tehran it was like florida.

TEH
11-22-2005, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
salam

Heh its obvious that Iran will have the most problems, no offense to any iran peopleor shiites but the majority of iranians that i know go to clubs and if you look at iran yes they have strong military and warriors but still iran its like the muslim club land over there. and yes ive been there to tehran it was like florida.
Dont you think perhaps youre generalising a tad bit...

:-\

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.