/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Disposing of Unusable copies of Qur'an

Idris
11-22-2005, 08:15 AM
:w:
I could be incorrect; however I heard that unusable copies of the Koran may be burnt by their owners.

If not, how are they disposed of?
And who can burn them??
when can you burn them???

Some evidence will be nice
:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
akulion
11-22-2005, 07:47 PM
salam alaikum

best to my knowledge it is allowed to dispose of "damaged", "faulty" or "un-usable (very old)" Qurans by burning them.
The evidence of this is from the era of Uthman(ra) who ordered burning of the copies of the Quran which were collected which contained:
- Quran in different Arabic Dialect
- Quran in plain Arabic without the puntuaion marks

However I also agree with bro solid that burning books, especially the Quran is very bad (in my view).

If your Quran has become totally unusable then I guess you might do that but still you could go to a Mosque and give the Quran to an Imam and explain your situation and he will take care of it since he will have more experience in such issues insha'Allah

hope that helped.

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-22-2005, 08:13 PM
:sl: Members should not give statements on issues concerning which they have no knowledge or have not referenced an authentic source.

The following fatwa may be relevant:
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=21511&dgn=4

Members can make use of the following question form as well, inshaa'Allah:
http://www.islamtoday.com/fatawa_form.cfm

جوري
09-23-2010, 03:26 PM
neither links works..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.