/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Taraweeh Changed His Life

Beblessed
11-22-2005, 07:40 PM
The following story is about how Taraweeh salah changed the life of a person during the month of Ramadan.

About 20 years ago, brother Khawaja used to live with his family in an apartment building in Toronto, Canada. During the month of Ramadan, the local Muslims would get together and arrange a small room in that building to offer Taraweeh prayers. Brother Khawaja states, "I wasn't that particular about offering prayers so I didn't show much interest in going to Taraweeh which was Sunnah and not even Fardh." His wife would constantly tell him to go but that didn't change his mind. However, she would prepare her two small sons and send them to the prayer. One day, his sons returned back from Taraweeh with tears in their eyes. Brother Khawaja became concerned and asked why they were crying. They replied, "Everyone's father goes to Taraweeh but our father doesn't go." This really touched his heart and he promised his sons that he will go with them to Taraweeh the next day. It so happened that there was a speech on that day after listening to which Brother Khawaja decided to change his life. Since then, he has been actively participating in many Islamic activities and have built and supported various Masjids.

Masha'Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Arwa
11-22-2005, 07:52 PM
:sl:

Masha'Allah .. May Allah guide us all.

Is there a source for this?

h1jabi_sista
11-22-2005, 08:07 PM
as salam alikum,

AMEEN! to the dua

wow, mashallah thats beautiful.
how very inspiring, jazakallah for sharing!

:w:

Samee
11-22-2005, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arwa

Masha'Allah .. May Allah guide us all.

Who cares if there is a source sister? The moral of it is to enlighten us how easy dawah can sway some people :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sapphire
11-22-2005, 10:38 PM
mashallah....jazakallah for sharing it...

Uthman
11-23-2005, 09:40 PM

Mashaa'Allah! JazakAllah Khair for sharing! :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Arwa
Here you go sister: http://www.islamcan.com/cgi-bin/incr...53510917.shtml

afriend
12-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Mashallah...Taraweeh is 1 of my favourite things about Ramadaan. Because you can hear and see the House of Allah, and sheikh Shuraim reading the most beautiful Qura'an in the world(beats Sudais by 10000000 light years).:coolious:

Tasneem
12-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Wow,Mashallah
Prayer really can change a persons life
The ramadan that just passed it was my first time making taraweeh
Al-Hamdudillah,i even cried a couple of times
Its sooo deep how the words of Allah makes us cry

SaLaMz

hammy
12-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Mashallah Great Story It Nearly Broke My Heart Little Kids Tellin Der Father Wot To Do Mashallah

hammy
12-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Islam is my way of life

------
07-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Wiked story - Jazakallah for sharing!

Asyur an-Nagi
07-04-2006, 01:02 PM
masha Allah...

syilla
07-04-2006, 03:04 PM
MashaAllah...i can't wait for Ramadhan...

Daffodil
07-13-2006, 04:16 PM
aww bless what a nice little story.

amirah_87
07-13-2006, 06:25 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Subhaanallah.....wallaahu yahdiy man yashaa!! :peace:

[I:GM] Forum
07-14-2006, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadija
The following story is about how Taraweeh salah changed the life of a person during the month of Ramadan.

About 20 years ago, brother Khawaja used to live with his family in an apartment building in Toronto, Canada. During the month of Ramadan, the local Muslims would get together and arrange a small room in that building to offer Taraweeh prayers. Brother Khawaja states, "I wasn't that particular about offering prayers so I didn't show much interest in going to Taraweeh which was Sunnah and not even Fardh." His wife would constantly tell him to go but that didn't change his mind. However, she would prepare her two small sons and send them to the prayer. One day, his sons returned back from Taraweeh with tears in their eyes. Brother Khawaja became concerned and asked why they were crying. They replied, "Everyone's father goes to Taraweeh but our father doesn't go." This really touched his heart and he promised his sons that he will go with them to Taraweeh the next day. It so happened that there was a speech on that day after listening to which Brother Khawaja decided to change his life. Since then, he has been actively participating in many Islamic activities and have built and supported various Masjids.

Masha'Allah
mashaAllah very good. :brother: :thankyou:

Na7lah
08-04-2006, 08:16 PM
i just love going to taraweeh on ramadhan cant wait for it
nice story sis

shariq_0189
08-04-2006, 08:38 PM
that is so true...my whole life chaanged during last ramadan, taraweeh...alhumdulilah.

Najiullah
08-08-2006, 05:46 AM
jazakALlah thanks for sharing
thats really beautiful.

M H Kahn
08-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Things like this often happens, or else how could Islam spread so much !

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.