/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Asalaamu Alaikum

sweetau
11-23-2005, 01:44 AM
:sl: My name is Ammarah. I've been here for a while, but I never actually posted anything. This is my first time. Anyways, I just entered highschool and I wear hijab, so...it's abit of a challenge going to school, but alhumdulillah, I have strong faith, and I have a few nice, understanding non-Muslim friends there, so, if ne body has any advice about highschool...then I'd love to hear it! Jazak Allahu Khairan!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bint-Al-Islam
11-23-2005, 02:02 AM
:sl:

Welcome to the Fourm..Hope u have the beneficial to stay sista. Looking forward to see ur Posts!! :)

Oh MashaAllah ur in High Skool now..
I remember when the time I started High School..
My friends were telling there are Big Guys on the Hall just pushes u when ur on their way.. they scared me but that was not true..
Hehe i am still in high school and this is my last year Allhamdulillah.. High School is soo Much Fun..I love it.. Ur first year will be easy but as u go on gets harder and harder and harder but its FUN trust me..

Nice to meet u Sister

:w:

Halima
11-23-2005, 02:13 AM
:sl: Sister welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

sweetau
11-23-2005, 02:19 AM
Thank you, I need all the advice I can getactaully, most people tell me that the first year is harder for me especially, because I've went to Islamic school since 1rst grade. Now I'm slowly getting used to public school, and I'm in a special program called IB, which is waaay tougher than normal highschool, it's gonna get really tough in junior and senior year. And i think I'm the only muslim girl in my school that wears hijab...but i'm not discouraged or anything, it's just a test from Allah and i haven't made dawah as such, but i'm slowly trying to talk about islam with my non-muslim friends...Insha Allah I'll survive highshool...and also, in the IB program, if you graduate with an IB diploma, then you get a full year of college credit, it's like summer vacation for a whole year...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
libyanhero
11-23-2005, 02:31 AM
wailaykum asalam

welcome to the forums sister and enjoy your stay.

well what do I have to say about my highschool years, well for me they started off smooth but people won't stop bugging me about going to prom even though they I am muslim and when that didn't work they tried new maneuvers on me and that failed too so I ended broken hearted but at least I never submitted to thier deceptions, subhannallah you might not notice it but out there these days there are small factions who work against and muslims in order to decieve so I warn ya all just watch ur backs.

Bint-Al-Islam
11-23-2005, 02:37 AM
As-salam alekum wr wb sista Sweetau
May Allah make it easy through out ur high skool year 4 u.. Ameen..
Dont think Too much u will do fine InshaAllah!! :)
In Our skool we have AP Classes.. Our skool voted for AP but other skool voted for IB.. They are the same.. I did not want to take AP classes cuz its to much for me.. I am a very buzy person.. So i dont wanna take it..

Walekum-salam wr wb

sweetau
11-23-2005, 02:42 AM
Thanx brother, it's really sad, but in my school, I couldn't believe it, our prom king was a Muslim, his name was Mohammad!! I was so disheartened, but my mom told me that some Muslims are worse than even non-Muslims. I'm only a freshman, but I've realized that as Muslims, as u said, we really have to watch our backs, we have to be aware of everything that seems wrong, and if possible, try to stop ot...

libyanhero
11-23-2005, 02:52 AM
the prom king was or is muslim, like he was before or still is, subhannallah yah from what I seen in my highschool years it seems the end of this world is nearing. just becareful oh fellow brothers and sisters, its dangerous and if you wanna know how they nearly corrupted me just ask we learn from each other

habib
11-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Slaam

Welcome to the Forum ..

Ra`eesah
11-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Ya Hala marhaba welcome to Li InshAllah you will benfit from us and us from you. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.