/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Competition

anis_z24
11-23-2005, 03:16 AM
Salam

What we could is have a competition with other forums.
and see who is the most benificial and busy.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
solid_snake
11-23-2005, 03:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anis_z24
Salam

What we could is have a competition with other forums.
and see who is the most benificial and busy.

we will lose many times ... this forum is nowhere as active as it used to be

anis_z24
11-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Salam

Well it would be nice to connect with other muslims.
We have a great forum but that does not allow us to say we don't need to do anything else.

Halima
11-24-2005, 01:09 AM
:sl:

Competitions will eventually develope into conflicts. We should not try to prove which forum is the busiest, however, we should try to prove which forums have the better quality with resources and the status of how many people end up learning from it. It wouldn't make sense to compare other forums because everyone has different opinons about each forum. Not everyone will have the same aspect or liking of that forum. Besides that, every forum has it's pros and cons. We cannot state that this forum is infallible or that forum is flawless. The reason being because it will eventually develope into a conflict brought upon by the different perspective of various people.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
11-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

*Quite Reluctant* Competition I don’t think so. Among ourselves in this forum maybe?

Halima
11-24-2005, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah
Assalaamu Alaikum

*Quite Reluctant* Competition I don’t think so. Among ourselves in this forum maybe?
I feel that competiton amongst other people here on the forum would be much worse in my opinon. Reason being is because it may turn out to be 'who's better than me' conflict or who posts the most fatawa, or even who has the most rep points. We want to keep the forum here as safe as possible. It's kinda like being in a competiton with one's brother or sister and we don't want that here. I think it'll make matters worse. Why not have a competition at all?

Umm Yoosuf
11-24-2005, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
I feel that competiton amongst other people here on the forum would be much worse in my opinon. Reason being is because it may turn out to be 'who's better than me' conflict and we want to keep the forum here as safe as possible. It's kinda like being in a competiton with one's brother or sister. To my opinon.
I disagree with you there sister. When one says competition one needs to know what is meant by this. In my case i was simply adressing "An Islamic Quiz etc" So that members learn more about their deen, in a fun environment. Competing one another in good. I am not making a suggestion just an input if you like.

Halima
11-24-2005, 09:31 PM
I disagree with you there sister. When one says competition one needs to know what is meant by this. In my case i was simply adressing "An Islamic Quiz etc" So that members learn more about their deen, in a fun environment. Competing one another in good. I am not making a suggestion just an input if you like.

Those are good intentions in the name of competition. As for me, when I was talking about competition, I was talking about the outcomes of it. Of course one can always have good intentions when they are competing with each other. However, everyone is different. Some people may develope jealousy because they might look at the other person like they are competing with them in bad terms. Now see sister, I hate to admit it, but I'm that type of person. That's why I know that there are different people like that. We are on the same page, it's just that I went more in-depth about the outcomes of competing against one another.

Umm Yoosuf
11-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Those are good intentions in the name of competition. As for me, when I was talking about competition, I was talking about the outcomes of it. Of course one can always have good intentions when they are competing with each other. However, everyone is different.
:confused:

Sister at the end we won't know the intentions of people. Their reasom for competing. Thats something Allah alone knows.

Some people may develope jealousy because they might look at the other person like they are competing with them in bad terms.
Sister what do you say to people who take part in Quran competitions??? Don't take part because of peoples jealousy?:-\

You got one opinion and me another Khayr Insha Allah :)

Halima
11-24-2005, 10:05 PM
:confused:

Sister at the end we won't know the intentions of people. Their reasom for competing. Thats something Allah alone knows.

The games that you have said have said earlier, Islamic Quizes for fun, The quranic challenges in the name of competition. Now Sister, I was referring those ones as intentions.:)

Sister what do you say to people who take part in Quran competitions??? Don't take part because of peoples jealousy?:-\

Most likey, one can never know what things are going through other people's minds. But hey, I don't expect you to fully agree. We have both different opinons and we both look at it from different angles and I took the initiative to dialouge with you. To understand your perpective on this matter.:sister:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.