/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is saying Allah-hafiz wrong??

mehnaz
11-23-2005, 05:26 PM
assalamoalaikum...
one of my frends told me that saying the word Allah hafiz is wrong cuz the Prophet(sas) never used that word...so its like biddat:-\ ...but i know that soo many indians and pakis are used to it...and it just means "Allah ke hifz o amaan main"....wats wrong with that???...
FiAmanillah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Z
11-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Peace.

If the prophet [saw] knew about your language, I'm sure he wouldn't have had anything against you saying it.

habib
11-23-2005, 05:32 PM
i also used to say it..
when leaving my friends (they also say it)?

Umm Yoosuf
11-23-2005, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mehnaz
assalamoalaikum...
one of my frends told me that saying the word Allah hafiz is wrong cuz the Prophet(sas) never used that word...so its like biddat:-\ ...but i know that soo many indians and pakis are used to it...and it just means "Allah ke hifz o amaan main"....wats wrong with that???...
FiAmanillah
:w:

Same here. What does it mean. I haven't come a cross it before. Allah Knows Best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
11-23-2005, 06:13 PM
wa alykum a Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

i'm sure theres nothing wrong with it insha Allaah. all it means is that 'Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows all/everything'.

i really dont understand why people say nearly everything is bid'ah.. if u come to think of it, are we doing bid'ah right now because we're not talking arabic? our beloved Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam never spoke english.

i think its just really important that we dont start/create really big deep innovations in matters regarding islam, such as making up new theories and things which could contradict what our beloved Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam said.

Allaah u a'lam.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Umm Yoosuf
11-23-2005, 06:17 PM
Loq Akhee.

Subhanallah.

TEH
11-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Bidah is when you innovate something in religion...

Anyway, I have a question, is saying Salaam to a Muslim Fardh?

:)

Shana524
11-24-2005, 07:01 AM
:sl:
Wow, I never heard that saying Allah Hafiz is a bidah. We say it all the time too. Then again I heard a Muslim say that kissing the Qur’an is also a bidah :-\ because our Beloved Prophet (saw) never did it. I am sure he would’ve kissed it if they had the entire compilation of the Qur’an as we do today :coolious: .

Shana524
11-24-2005, 07:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH

Anyway, I have a question, is saying Salaam to a Muslim Fardh?

I hope this helps...

Surah An-Nisa

4:86 When a (courteous) greeting is offered you, meet it with a greeting still more courteous, or (at least) of equal courtesy. Allah takes careful account of all things.
This verse is reffering to Salam.
It is a Muslims right. There is a Hadith: Abu Hurairah (ra) narrated that he heard Prophet (saw) saying “the rights of the Muslim on the Muslim are five: to answer Salam, to visit the sick, to follow the funeral procession, to accept the invitation and to reply the sneezer” (Bukhari)

TEH
11-24-2005, 07:34 AM
So it is Fardh then???

Sanobar
11-24-2005, 09:09 AM
salam!
i had a doubt the other way......i thgt saying quda hafiz was bidah......and Allahafiz was right..?????? ;)
masalamah

PS: bro zak jazkAllah for the link....! :)

aysenil
11-24-2005, 09:39 AM
i think it is not a bidaah, we also use a translation of it. a good wish for our friends.

for the other question: saying salaam i sunnah and replying salaam is fardh i know.

Lonely_Boy
11-24-2005, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sanobar
salam!
i had a doubt the other way......i thgt saying quda hafiz was bidah......and Allahafiz was right..?????? ;)
masalamah

PS: bro zak jazkAllah for the link....! :)

Same here

modez
11-24-2005, 03:53 PM
There was a bayan on this in ramadhan by, molana khalil falahi (if anyone knows him). He clearly stated,that its a form of bid'ah. Our prophet and the sahabas when greeting, would say Assalamualaikum and upon leaving they also said assalamualaikum, so to conclude we should also put this in practice, to avoid innovations.

Allah knows best

sapphire
11-24-2005, 04:04 PM
you can say khuda hafiz, allah hafiz...its not bidat...coz we are not saying its islamic to say it...we use it according to our language...if a person thinks that its in islam to say it then it becomes bid'ah.....

Sanobar
11-24-2005, 04:05 PM
bro modez do u have any hadith regarding this.....coz i have never heard the molanas name b4! i wud appreciate it if u cud provide us all with the hadith! :)

sapphire
11-24-2005, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
Maulana Khaleel Falaahi ? :eek:

hey he is my UNCLE ![mama] :shade:
one of the INDIA's Most popular Scholar/speaker !

n yeah he was in UK this whole of Ramadan !

So its Bid'ah????but then again...not all ulamahs etc agree....

omg!!!hes ur mama!!!!!!!omg!!!he came to where i live!!!!

mehnaz
11-24-2005, 05:01 PM
salaam,
hmmm...so umm....wat we can conclude here is that its not biddah??...jus wanna know if i can continue using it....i'm sooooooo used to it man!!...
FiAmanillah

modez
11-24-2005, 06:03 PM

maulana khalil falahi teaches in our village back in india (tadkeshwar). Very close friend of my uncle in India... I took him round London (sightseeing), and he was also with us at Hajj (previous Hajj).. A very nice person Mash'Allah.

Rabiyal
12-16-2005, 01:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
you can say khuda hafiz, allah hafiz...its not bidat...coz we are not saying its islamic to say it...we use it according to our language...if a person thinks that its in islam to say it then it becomes bid'ah.....
Dear Sister,
I have Heard the same thing as SANOBER said Khuda hafiz is wrong to say, since Khuda is a word created by Indians (Hindus) and Khuda isn't one of the names of Allah, therefore saying Khuda Hafiz is wrong. That's why I teach My childern to say Allah Hafiz. cuz Allah is one word that they have known since Birth.
So Allah Hafiz, Fiamanlillah are the two words I have used and learned are okay to use.
Sorry I am not aware of where it's written....or I would Tell you exactly...
Thanks
Rab

mehnaz
12-16-2005, 02:44 PM
Salaam,

JazakAllah khair sis Rabiyal!!

W'salaam.

12-25-2005, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Peace.

If the prophet [saw] knew about your language, I'm sure he wouldn't have had anything against you saying it.
i do agree.

sapphire
12-25-2005, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabiyal
Dear Sister,
I have Heard the same thing as SANOBER said Khuda hafiz is wrong to say, since Khuda is a word created by Indians (Hindus) and Khuda isn't one of the names of Allah, therefore saying Khuda Hafiz is wrong. That's why I teach My childern to say Allah Hafiz. cuz Allah is one word that they have known since Birth.
So Allah Hafiz, Fiamanlillah are the two words I have used and learned are okay to use.
Sorry I am not aware of where it's written....or I would Tell you exactly...
Thanks
Rab

everything i say seems to be wrong in your book...well khuda is said in our urdu language...Allah in arabic.....so whats the difference........we are refering to the one and only.....and so if u do it that means its correct????well i stick to my allahafiz and feamanillah....and as we are in doubt so should we inshallah.....where i lived before we all used to say allahafiz....where i know live tehy say khudahafiz....its so hard to not get their habit but some one advised me to just say feamanillah and stick to that..:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:

Tasneem
12-25-2005, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mehnaz
assalamoalaikum...
FiAmanillah
Also wondered this:-\
I keep asking but ppl.dont know and im like:Then why do u say it??!

Its crazy its sooo much biddah and ppl.following one another
Like my sister had this gum yesterday and i asked her where she got it from?
She was like the imam wife gave it to me:confused:
I was like where is the ingrediants
She turned around and yelled:THE IMAM WIFE GAVE IT TO ME!

I was like i need to see the ingredinats i dont care who gave it 2 u.
Many muslims think that oh well because shes doing it or eating it we can to
Some scholars even eat doritos or cheetos and they are pork!:-\ :eek:
Sooo im not going to trust anyone unless i see some proof and thats just the way i am
I dont care if ppl.think that im crazy
I dont take my deen lightly inshallah

SaLaMz:coolsis:

Rabiyal
12-26-2005, 05:03 AM
To Dear Sister Sapphire,
I am sorry, that I happen to pin point everything you say, I dont mean to. I just think you have the potentional to learn, and you have an open mind. But I think you should learn Where did Urdu start from...before taking everything I say to your heart. I AM OLDER THAN YOU, and I do know what I am talking about, if I say something please don't take it personally and before passing judgement read into to it and do your own research. Sister I have said before That you are a smart girl, and I do like your thinking, and the way you raise questions. But please when you ask a question, or when someone is trying to correct you try to give it a second thought as to what a person is saying, before being stubburn about it.
I am sorry for posting this here for all sisters to read.
Again off topic but I just wanted you all to know That I am sorry if I have said something that has effected someone's believes, cuz it's obvious that everything I say does EFFECT DEAR SISTER SAPPHIRE. And I dont mean to.
This is the last word from me....
May Allah Bless you all.
Love
Rab-

Sanobar
12-26-2005, 12:33 PM
salam!
this is what i found onthenet..... www.ask-imam.com

Q :Many people say Allah-hafiz or Qudah hafiz when departing or ending a conversation. Is it right to say this, what about wassalaam? How do Muslims 'depart' ?

A:The words, ‘Allah Hafiz’ and Khudda Hafiz’ are Du’aas commonly used for saying ‘Allah protect you.’

There is no wrong in bidding farewell to someone in this manner. However, it would be better if one learns the Sunnat Du’aa and method of saying farewell, that is, ‘Astawdi-u llaaha deenakum wa khawaateema a’amaalikum’

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

ma'salamah

sapphire
12-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Right!!!!!!!jazakallah for thattttttt!!!!!

Sanobar
12-26-2005, 12:39 PM
anytime sis!!!!!! hope it helped~!

mehnaz
12-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Salaam,

i heard one of Dr. Zakir Naik's lectures...where one person asked him if using the word "God" for instead of "Allah"(az) is ok...whereupon he replied that any word which has a plural...or which has female forms cannot/shudnot be used for Allah swt....as the word God can also take a female form as in "goddess"....or "gods" or it can also be associated with humans as in "godmother"..."godfather"...etc..it is better that we refrain from using that word...Allah is singular word...it doesnot have a female form nor can it be associated with humans....so maybe if the word Khuda has any of the above..ie..plurals or female forms...then i guess its better we dont use it...otherwise i guess its ok.....AllahuAlam..!!

W'salaam

KAT
11-15-2006, 07:06 PM

Hi I think he's my uncle too! can u please elaborate.....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.