/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why?

TEH
11-23-2005, 05:36 PM
If I may, may I make a suggestion please...

When Mods, or tainee Mods, or whatever, when they close a thread down, would it be so hard for them to say why, unless it is blindingly obvious, could they say why they have closed it down...

Please..

In particular, Im talking about the Harry Potter MSA thread...

:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ra`eesah
11-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

I feel the reason i gave was quite percivable, simple and stright its not 'halal' however let me elaborate. making jokes of things that are consider Shirk and from the MAJOR SINs is no laughing matter, there is a contraversy regrading this topic on Li which i dont want to get into, however i felt that my action on closing the thread was appropriate, in my assessment on such humor, is not acceptable. Wallahu A'lam.

that is my reason.

TEH
11-23-2005, 06:02 PM
LOL, the reason you gave...

no where is this near halal fun
Yes you know, on second thoughts, that is as clear as clear can be... :)

Right, so can you show me this MAJOR shrik in such an article please...

And do you have any daleel for saying that it is wrong to joke about shirk??

Now, I know you reserve the right to close any thread that you feel is dodgy, youre the Mods, youre rules go, but I am merely asking why...

Muezzin
11-23-2005, 06:25 PM
This is related: Why are so many people here seemingly offended by Maniac Muslim? He never makes fun of Islam itself or the Prophet (SAW), just some of its nuttier followers. Just like the hilarious Azhar Usman does. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ra`eesah
11-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
LOL, the reason you gave...

no where is this near halal fun
exactly... thats why i said in the post prior to this

I feel the reason i gave was quite percivable, simple and stright its not 'halal'

Yes you know, on second thoughts, that is as clear as clear can be... :)
no need for sarcasm

Right, so can you show me this MAJOR shrik in such an article please...
i ment to say MAJOR SIN.... and im sure u know Al Kaba'ir.

And do you have any daleel for saying that it is wrong to joke about shirk??
just take the time out to re-read what u just wrote.

Now, I know you reserve the right to close any thread that you feel is dodgy, youre the Mods, youre rules go, but I am merely asking why...
the only time i would close a thread is if i feel its 'dodgy' in an islamic demeanor hence... Harry potter

Muezzin
11-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Ok... what about this apparent animosity to Maniac Muslim?

TEH
11-23-2005, 06:41 PM
no need for sarcasm
forgive me wont you... :)

i ment to say MAJOR SIN.... and im sure u know Al Kaba'ir.
I do, but show me the Kabair in the article...

just take the time out to re-read what u just wrote.
Erm, I did, and...

the only time i would close a thread is if i feel its 'dodgy' in an islamic demeanor hence... Harry potter
If this is related to HP, why does this thread exist??

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...otter-six.html

Ra`eesah
11-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

1. You know the Major SINS no need to go into it.
2. Try to refrian from joking excessively it kills the heart.
3. if you want me i can close that thread aswell. like i said there is a BIG harry potter contraversy. In time inshAllaah it will be sorted.

this seems to be never ending, you made ur 'comment' barakallahfeek.

note: no on said anything about maniac muslim, however if you see that the mods and admins show a disliking respect the forum. with that said...

happy posting

TEH
11-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Do they? It only seems to be you here...

And usually, the Mods go with what the people say, so if they have half a dozen people say...

ASTAGHFIRULLAH CLOSE DOWN THIS THREAD.. yaddah yaddah yaddah...

Then evidently their minds are going to be towards closing, but hey, at least give me people like me a chance to explain...

1. I do yes, but you havent shown me it in the article...
2. Erm, is that your daleel?
3. No I dont want you to close that thread. If there is such contraversy, Im sure you have excerpts from scholars who have said as such, unless of course you are a scholar-ess, in which case forgive me...

Khaldun
11-23-2005, 10:11 PM
:sl:

3washey is not alone on this point, we support our staff and she has made valid points. Joking is not haram, however when this comes under issues of faith and "ridiculating" certain things then we should pay heed, and be careful.

And if you should question them, they would certainly say: We were only idly discoursing and joking. Say: Was it at Allah and His communications and His Apostle that you mocked? [Surah Tawbah Ayah 65]

Far7an
11-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Assalamu alaikum

May I remind members that it is an offence to complain about the actions of the staff in the publics forums.

You can easily send a private message to any of the Admins or Moderators.

If you complain, your warning level will be raised. If you complain about your warning level being raised, it will only be raised further.

I see no reason for this thread to remain open, if you have any complaints, feel free to contact me brother.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!