/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Isnad and isnah

UmmKhadi
11-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Salaam aleikum

I am currently making a glossary of Arabic or Islamic terms for the Norwegian Islamic website. And I came across two words, isnad and isnah. Isnad was translated as "chain of transmitters of any given hadith" and isnah as "process of validating the hadith; citation methodology" at this site: http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of...in-arabic#wp-I

Ok, so far. But now, one of the other Admins on the site, say that the word Isnah does not exist in Arabic, and that he never heard it. I on the other hand, am not a native arabic speaker, so I dont really know. I speak only Darjja...

Anyone here who can help me out, is it a word, or? I doubt that the list is wrong and make up words...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
UmmKhadi
11-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Salaam aleikum

Noone?

- Qatada -
11-26-2005, 06:08 PM
wa alykum a Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

i believe that 'isnad' is the chain of transmitters of the hadith, but that site is mainly owned by non muslims so i dont believe its reliable for islamic research, the same with another site called 'wikipedia'.

i'm really sorry - i dont know about 'isnah' though, insha Allaah someone with the knowledge of arabic will be able to answer it. wa Allaahu a'lam (and Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.)

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

UmmKhadi
11-26-2005, 06:12 PM
I had a muslim site too, stating the same thing. I cant find that link, since I since that time, changed from Windows to FreeBSD, so I cant open my links from the CD. Long story, I am so not a nerd.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sapphire
11-26-2005, 06:40 PM
isnad i have heard of as the meaning mentioned above...but in all these years that i have known arabic i have never come across that word...maybe my sister can help she more advanced then me...

(my sisters Riel by the way)

Eliwen
11-26-2005, 06:51 PM
I have heard of Isnah before but i'm not sure if it's arabic or what it means...I'll try and find out...

:)

Hisbul_Aziz
11-26-2005, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UmmKhadi
Salaam aleikum

Noone?
agreed:w:

Eliwen
11-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Isnah could be a word...but languages are vast...I don't know what it means if it is...

:)

Hisbul_Aziz
11-26-2005, 08:03 PM
:sl: arabic is kind of like english some words have more than meaning:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.