/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the problem?

awbw
11-24-2005, 07:57 PM
I notice there have been arguments between born Muslims (a person born into a Muslim family) and revert or convert Muslims where some born Muslims don't acknowledge revert or convert Muslims as been a true Muslim. To the level some born Muslims won't allow a marriage between a born Muslim and a revert or convert Muslim. Do anyone have a reason why this is happen?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
11-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

subhan Allaah.. i've never really seen that in reality, but i have a strong feeling it may be due to a persons race. for example alot of brothers and sisters who are from a white background have reverted over the years and due to some people following their cultures alot in their lives eg. some people from the pakistani or indian background - may think that marrying outside of their race will bring less respect to the family? i dont believe this to be true, but within the hindu culture, it is totally hated i think and because the pakistani, indian muslims still follow some principles of the hindu culture - they may feel that getting married outside of the race is disliked, and therefore the parents may dissaprove of the idea of the child getting married to a revert.

that above is just my opinion and it may be due to that or it could be due to something else. if i never answered the question the way you expected, them i'm sorry insha Allaah.

Allaah u a'lam. (Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.)

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

sapphire
11-24-2005, 08:22 PM
oh...first time i hear this.....

Umm Yoosuf
11-24-2005, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by awbw
I notice there have been arguments between born Muslims (a person born into a Muslim family) and revert or convert Muslims where some born Muslims don't acknowledge revert or convert Muslims as been a true Muslim. To the level some born Muslims won't allow a marriage between a born Muslim and a revert or convert Muslim. Do anyone have a reason why this is happen?
Subhanallah..well first time i have heard of that. I guess thats due stupidity because if you think about it the companions of the Prophet reverted to Islam didn’t they? They were true Muslims Subhanallah. Lets read about how strong their faith IMAN was.

And about Marriage some parents don't like their daughters/sons marrying a revert beacuse they give alot of thought to their families (i.e their non-Muslim families). I guess they worry for the children and mixing with non-Muslims. Nevertheless they should place the trust in Allah alone:-\

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
11-24-2005, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah
And about Marriage some parents don't like their daughters/sons marrying a revert beacuse they give alot of thought to their families (i.e their non-Muslim families). I guess they worry for the children and mixing with non-Muslims. Nevertheless they should place the trust in Allah alone:-\

subhan Allaah.. the sad thing about that is that the family of the revert may even reject them, and because they cant find a partner - they might not even have nowhere to live etc. this makes it extremely hard for the revert sisters.

just shows how racism, tribalism etc. is signs of the jahiliyah. and the majority of us have gone so astray.. subhan Allaah.

Umm Yoosuf
11-24-2005, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akhee

subhan Allaah.. the sad thing about that is that the family of the revert may even reject them, and because they cant find a partner - they might not even have nowhere to live etc. this makes it extremely hard for the revert sisters.

just shows how racism, tribalism etc. is signs of the jahiliyah. and the majority of us have gone so astray.. subhan Allaah.

Wa Alaikumussalam Wa rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatu

Yeah true brother. Revert sisters have it hard. Everything is life Allah test you.

TEH
11-24-2005, 10:55 PM
I saw a friend today who married a revert sister...

Anyway, I think this is rather a cultural question than a religious one...

:)

F.Y.
11-25-2005, 09:12 AM
This is the first time ive heard of this too. I am distressed at this actually. We should be welcoming reverts with open arms - who cares if they werent born muslims? They are now, thats what is important.
How can people not accept them as true muslims? Allah guides whom he wills. And who are we to declare that these people are not 'true' muslims? Allah knows what is in the hearts of his creation. :)

Peace to those who follow the guidance - revert or born muslims. Its all good.

Muezzin
11-25-2005, 09:14 AM
:sl:

I agree with bro TEH, it is a cultural question. Nothing wrong with marrying a revert. Islamically anyway. But stereotypical Indians or Pakistanis will find fault with everything since it degrades their 'honour', even though they originate from some remote rural pind. :p

That's just the stereotypes though.

awbw
11-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum,
Thanks for the replies. It explains a lot of the actions I have seen lately. I just wonder if the ones that have such attitude have every read the following verse:

49: 13. O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

Abdullah

libyanhero
11-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Khadijah(RA) was a revert

libyanhero
11-25-2005, 07:21 PM
The reason why this is happening is lack of Iman brother, really people need to gain more knowledge of Islam.

safwana
11-25-2005, 09:13 PM
:sl:

culture

:w:

sapphire
11-25-2005, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by libyanhero
Khadijah(RA) was a revert
now this is interesting what you say...but wasnt there like no islam before???this has got me thinking....

- Qatada -
11-25-2005, 10:44 PM

sis, the religion of islam has started since the beginning of mankind - since Aadam (r.a). as time has passed by, people have been going astray from the right path and Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala has kept sending messengers to put people back to the right path again.

when Ibrahim (r.a) [a forefather of our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam] was on the earth, he got the same message from Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala, he had the same duties as us muslims do nowadays - this includes; salaah, ramadhan, zakat, hajj.

the arabs believed ibrahim (r.a) existed too, they even believed they were a prophet (he was the arabs ancestor aswell.) the arabs also believed in Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala, but they wanted to worship the idols even though they believed in Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala, because they said that we cant focus on Allaah - so we use statues to worship him. they were doing shirk because they started worshiping the idols and our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam came to re-bring the message of ibrahim (r.a).

our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam came back to teach the arabs that there is nothing worthy of worship except Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala. the same pillars applied, including; salaah, ramadhan, hajj. and this was the exact same religion hadhrat ibrahim (r.a) came to teach the people.

Say: Allah has spoken the truth, therefore follow the religion of Ibrahim, the upright one; and he was not one of the polytheists. (3:95)

obviously this is just a basic description of what happened, and if i can find some links to give you some more info. i will look around insha Allaah.

Allaah u a'lam. (Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.)

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh/

sapphire
11-25-2005, 11:41 PM
i dunno bro....but no agument....just my view.....

Snowflake
12-16-2005, 10:04 PM
It's the older generation who have problems accepting muslims brothers & sisters who have reverted into their families, cuz of the cultural/racial differences. I don't think today's generation (except maybe a handful) differentiate between who was born muslim and who reverted. The next generation won't even bat an eyelid. Allahhhh out of all the older generation of pakistani muslims I know, the majority read the Quran, without even knowing what they are reading, cuz they don't understand arabic. How can they then know the true meaning of Islam. Arabic should be made compulsory in every muslim country.

karim
12-17-2005, 12:12 AM
never heard of this

samina1
12-17-2005, 03:47 AM
interestin i m lost..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.