/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrghhh... I want the 360

Alpha Trizzle7
11-25-2005, 02:40 AM
:sl:
lol....i want it for college, but I am not sure when im gonna get it....

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
baby_muslimah15
11-25-2005, 02:47 AM
Yea I want the 360 too.....Like soooo bad, I hear their soled out everywhere...hollaz

Alpha Trizzle7
11-25-2005, 02:55 AM
lol who doesnt....i mite sell me xbox to get it.... not sure tho

baby_muslimah15
11-25-2005, 03:33 AM
Yea u should, cuz dey cost like 400$ dollars....And on E-bay dey selling dem for like 700$ on up....Anyways hollaz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bittersteel
11-25-2005, 03:35 AM
kuffar things are haram,right?I wonder how they will view it in Saudi Arabia.

solid_snake
11-25-2005, 03:39 AM
xbox 360 is meh.

i'll wait for ps3 :D

Ataraxis
11-25-2005, 03:49 AM
360 is cool, but no point in getting it, really :).

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-25-2005, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
kuffar things are haram,right?I wonder how they will view it in Saudi Arabia.
Video games are not haraam. As for Saudi, they view video games in a positive manner:
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...&QR=2898&dgn=4

baby_muslimah15
11-25-2005, 03:54 AM
Yea da PS3 would be super DEFF.........But hey instead of just getting one or the other.....Why not get dem both....Hollaz

Ataraxis
11-25-2005, 03:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Video games are not haraam. As for Saudi, they view video games in a positive manner:
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...&QR=2898&dgn=4

Yeah..Saudis do view them in a positive manner :rollseyes. Last time I went there, I remember going to a friends house, and all the kids were playing video games...so yea:sunny:. So long as the games have nothing considered wrong in them, they're fine :peace: .

_salam_
11-25-2005, 07:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ataraxis
So long as the games have nothing considered wrong in them, they're fine
Lol...yeah so that rules out just about all the video games out there.;D

solid_snake
11-25-2005, 08:43 PM
i got resident evil 4 for ps2 and it is great! :D

I was talking to the sales clerk at EBgames and he said ps3 is going to be the most expensive console ever! and the blue ray discs can hold up 20 gigs of storage capacity compared to 4.7 gigs in normal dvds. :uuh:

Z
11-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Peace.

Why not send the money for a 360 to a child in Palestine? Just a thought, don't gang up on me now.

muha0154
11-26-2005, 12:03 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum.

format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Peace.

Why not send the money for a 360 to a child in Palestine? Just a thought, don't gang up on me now.
Excellent idea.

Muhammad

*charisma*
11-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

subhanallah how today's youth waste their time and money on video games and systems that have no significance to their entrance in Jannah.

I wonder what the children did when they didnt have games such as these to play with. oh yea i know, they use their imagination when we have completely lost ours and now we have others to create them for us.

Those who waste their money on games such as these need to remember that we do indeed have just one life and inshallah we can learn our lessons from just ONE life, for others are striving to buy food and clean water and dying from diseases that have no cure because people arent donating money to help find cures for them rather they are spending it on such luxuries that steal away the natural smiles on our faces.

plz forgive me if i have offended anyone, its just a reminder inshallah for we are the ones who make money evil and time a waste.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Ataraxis
11-26-2005, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _salam_
Lol...yeah so that rules out just about all the video games out there.;D
I guess so :-\ .

_salam_
11-26-2005, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

subhanallah how today's youth waste their time and money on video games and systems that have no significance to their entrance in Jannah.

I wonder what the children did when they didnt have games such as these to play with. oh yea i know, they use their imagination when we have completely lost ours and now we have others to create them for us.

Those who waste their money on games such as these need to remember that we do indeed have just one life and inshallah we can learn our lessons from just ONE life, for others are striving to buy food and clean water and dying from diseases that have no cure because people arent donating money to help find cures for them rather they are spending it on such luxuries that steal away the natural smiles on our faces.

plz forgive me if i have offended anyone, its just a reminder inshallah for we are the ones who make money evil and time a waste.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Agreed

Alpha Trizzle7
11-26-2005, 03:02 AM
Naw man... im not one for Sony... they said that PS2 would be really good, and when it came out, it was barely half of what they said it would be. Now I know u all are gonna hate me for this, but its tru... also, did u know that all those ps3 demo vids were not ingame engine? ooo yea i also played 360 for the first time 2day - COD2. it got me. im gettin it and revolution no matter what lol

Hisbul_Aziz
11-26-2005, 03:13 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
hey its not like u never played a game and enjoyed it

if u never have ur missin a bigg part of child hood:w::w:

*charisma*
11-26-2005, 03:22 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

hey its not like u never played a game and enjoyed it

if u never have ur missin a bigg part of child hood
a looooooooooooong time ago like when i was 6 or 7 was when i used to play video games, but after that i grew out of it and i dont find such things sufficient in my life whats so ever...it only contributes to laziness
i mean there are a few good things that come out of playing video games such as hand-eye coordination and memorization, but you can do that through prayer and reading quran..
The Ultimate game to beat is who will recieve the most rewards while living in this fading world and who will Allah accept to shade under His Throne, not how many lives u gain after dying one billion times or how fast u can fill your gun up with ammunition before getting blasted by the enemy.
I have not missed a big part of childhood because when i was younger we used to make up our own games and i have a big family so we would all play together....whats funner than that?! If i had spent that time playing video games what kind of memories will i be left with?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

libyanhero
11-26-2005, 03:33 AM
Peace.

Allahu Akbar!!! totally agree with you brother and for you saying that I gotta blame myself for having a ps2 do you know its kinda tough for me giving out money sometimes because my parents will yell at me but elhamdulillah I still manage too like she doesnt mind me giving but she is not with the fact that its okay to give 100,200,500......etc and I love to give unlike other people, I feel the closeness that I get to Allah but what can you do when your parents tell you to save it for education wallahi I don't feel like I wanna an education when many out there suffer from getting one especially my brothers/sisters in Palestine,Iraq,Afghanistan...etc With my spirit I am still gonna give inshallah and just waiting for Allahs bounty, you feel everything will be fine when you give at least I do cuz I know there will be something better coming to me when I help Allah's slaves

Alpha Trizzle7
11-26-2005, 03:46 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

a looooooooooooong time ago like when i was 6 or 7 was when i used to play video games, but after that i grew out of it and i dont find such things sufficient in my life whats so ever...it only contributes to laziness
i mean there are a few good things that come out of playing video games such as hand-eye coordination and memorization, but you can do that through prayer and reading quran..
The Ultimate game to beat is who will recieve the most rewards while living in this fading world and who will Allah accept to shade under His Throne, not how many lives u gain after dying one billion times or how fast u can fill your gun up with ammunition before getting blasted by the enemy.
I have not missed a big part of childhood because when i was younger we used to make up our own games and i have a big family so we would all play together....whats funner than that?! If i had spent that time playing video games what kind of memories will i be left with?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
I agree with you, but in Islam you are also supposed to have fun, and if you do so by playing video games, then well.... also,
how fast u can fill your gun up with ammunition before getting blasted by the enemy
that can actually be a good thing. Say you join an army... you would want that huh?
ok so neway....
yea....

*charisma*
11-26-2005, 03:52 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

looool thats IF you join the army...and if you actually learn how to load a gun that quickly by clicking a few buttons and if such a thing ever happens.. and ekhi i was only basing this from oppinion supported by sociable fact. Let's say if stuff like this was never invented, what would you be doing...

reading-increase ur knowlege
writing-helping increase others' knowlege
drawing-let out a little creativity
listening-gain knowlege through other's wisdom or stupidity lol

theres tonz you can do and have fun doing it...by playing a game what are you gaining?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Alpha Trizzle7
11-26-2005, 04:02 AM
but u can do all this in games

*charisma*
11-26-2005, 04:03 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

lol yea but why do it for tons of money when you can do it for free?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

libyanhero
11-26-2005, 04:11 AM
after my ps2 I am not any more of these video games, at 21 I kinda lost interest in it, its a waste of time and you know we should humble ourselves more I can't believe we can't take minutes of the day to think of our brothers dying in palestine and so on

Alpha Trizzle7
11-26-2005, 04:13 AM
Assalaam O Alaikum
lol but the thing is... you can do both, so why not take advantage of that? and also, if you like to read alot, you need to keep buying or renting books, because its no fun if you read them more than once. so it can add up to WAY more than a video game system which has great replay value... and you only need to buy gamess... like once every 6 months.
I'm telling you, all the books in my dorm add up to like a coouple thousand dollars...

Walaikum Assalaam

*charisma*
11-26-2005, 04:23 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

i like this this is turning into a great debate mashallah hehe...

lol but the thing is... you can do both, so why not take advantage of that?
you take that advantage from other people, and thats not fair
some are sitting in a hospital bed waiting for someone to donate a few bucks so that they can be able to live another day..
and also, if you like to read alot, you need to keep buying or renting books, because its no fun if you read them more than once. so it can add up to WAY more than a video game system which has great replay value... and you only need to buy gamess... like once every 6 months.
You can read quran, memorize that u wud never need to buy a new one again...and after u memorize it you can start on hadiths and then you can give the quran to someone who needs it and spread around the word of Islam..gain more rewards from Allah subhana wa ta'ala
OR
you can buy books that you are interested in..and give them out to people who arent as lucky as u to buy books, you might help someone learn how to read who in the future will be able to read the quran or do something positive for this world.....
I'm telling you, all the books in my dorm add up to like a coouple thousand dollars...
what do you do when you beat a game? you buy a new one right or sometimes u buy more than one game at a time..and when that game console is out and a new one has arrived with a few more technology than the last when the last one was perfectly fine your spending ALOT of money for something that you already have but has been updated

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Alpha Trizzle7
11-26-2005, 04:30 AM
Assalaam O Alaikum
You can do all this at once... have fun, work in the sake of Allah, etc. and as for buying a new game....no, I just play mines over and over again until I can buy a new one.... I had my first XBOX game for a year before i bought another one....

Wa laikum Assalaam

*charisma*
11-26-2005, 04:36 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

how are you working for the sake of Allah when you are playing a game?
and how is it u can play a game over and over again and not read a book over and over again?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Malaikah
11-26-2005, 05:01 AM
why shouldnt we be allowed to play games AND work for the sake of Allah? you might say that the money you spend on games will be better spent in charity.. it doesnt mean that you cant buy your games AND give in charity. People earn their own money and have the right to spend it as they like (unless they spend it in haram ways). Of course one must keep in mind that it is wrong to indulge in game playing, it ultimatly in a waste of time, but its not that bad if done in moderation, like anything else.

*charisma*
11-26-2005, 05:09 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

good point sis, the point i am trying to get across is that in today's society many of us are forgetting our duties to Allah, how many of us while buying a game or something of luxury think of the less fortunate? And i don't know anyone, yet, that plays games in moderation rather they play it in hours at a time trying to beat it before the sun sets or something, and these games come from our parents' pockets and if they did come out of our own pockets then we should know that we should save our money for something of greater value in our lives or give it to help someone else in need of it while we do not need it.

sorry bro alpha trizzle i do not mean to gang up on u like that lol, rather i am speaking towards gamers everywhere..
my own brother is a gamer and i can tell you right now how many game consoles hes went through and both of us arguing over whether he should buy it or not...right now hes sorta just stuck with his ps2 and inshallah he wont buy anything because alhemdulilah he realizes money doesnt grow on trees and it doesnt come easy for everyone as it does for us.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Muezzin
11-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Peace.

He wouldn't be able to get any games for it - Toys R Us is on the other side of the wall.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!