/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What tribe are you from?

libyanhero
11-25-2005, 06:16 PM
I am from a tribe in Libya called "Srarra" I heard that the tribe roots back all the way to the prophet's daughter "Fatima"

I am not so sure but its interesting

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
11-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

hey bro ever heard of Pocahontas? yea don't know her either...

lol actually i have no idea what tribe im from..never asked
im palestinian though..

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

TEH
11-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Im a cockney from London...

;D

Zuko
11-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Rajhput.... they're supposed to be really brave, but I'm a wuss... :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
11-25-2005, 06:23 PM
wa alykum a Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

lol i wish i was from the 'banu hashim' (children of hashim) :p family/tribe of our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam.

thing is, having too much pride in ones tribe is like the times of jahiliyiah so i think its better if we stay away from topics such as these insha Allaah.

Allaah u a'lim.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Zuko
11-25-2005, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akhee
wa alykum a Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

thing is, having too much pride in ones tribe is like the times of jahiliyiah so i think its better if we stay away from topics such as these insha Allaah.

:sl:

I'm not being proud of my tribe... We're all human and tribe doesn't affect who we are or wha we'll become... (does that make sense?)

:w:

- Qatada -
11-25-2005, 06:27 PM
yeah i know.. but like you've noticed how in the pakistan endz, some people still care about what caste/tribe they belong to (due to hindi culture). same way in arabia, at the times of the jahiliyiah [pre-islamic times] the people of a lower class tribe may have had less respect etc. and be put down, some people still do that these dayz.

Allaah u a'lam.

*!~Faith~!*
11-25-2005, 06:29 PM
yeah i know.. but like you've noticed how in the pakistan endz, some people still care about what caste/tribe they belong to (due to hindi culture). same way in arabia, at the times of the jahiliyiah [pre-islamic times] the people of a lower class tribe may have had less respect etc. and be put down, some people still do that these dayz.

Allaah u a'lam.

yea thats true

*!~Faith~!*
11-25-2005, 06:31 PM
I have a question..Rasuallah (saw) didn't have any surviving male children so how do u know the lineage?? I mean the children from the daughters will go by their father's right?

libyanhero
11-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Lol yah for me ofcourse since from what I know I root wat back to the family of the prophet and I am proud lol but I am not any different from you, doesnt make you any better: hey I know there is plenty better than me" and what does better mean not better in physically or strength but best at who you are, your religion.......etc

Let me ask you a question, Was the prophet a proud man? No, he was actually against too much pride but there has nothing to do with being proud. Pride is excessive, Proud who isn't proud we all are

- Qatada -
11-25-2005, 06:34 PM
i dont want to go off topic, but most families still dont marry outside their caste because they say that a caste is lower than them, and its going to bring disrespect to the family.. the worst part is that they say that if two people did get married of different castes, their children wont have no-one to marry either because most will other families will reject them.

but i got a feeling people are breaking out of that now and societyz getting worse in the form of people 'dating' and erythin.. people are turnin away from culture and tryin to imitate the west.

Allaah u a'lam.

libyanhero
11-25-2005, 06:39 PM
thats is jealousy, and enmity and all those feelings and you gotta control them

even emotions are controlled in Islam so if you go by what u feel then ofcourse your gonna feel down by others or feel alone

- Qatada -
11-25-2005, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *!~Faith~!*
I have a question..Rasuallah (saw) didn't have any surviving male children so how do u know the lineage?? I mean the children from the daughters will go by their father's right?
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

yeah thats true sis, so the children of hadhrat Ali (r.a) [the husband of hadhrat Fatima r.a], their lineage will be classed as our beloved Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam's family. it may even include some of their other daughers too insha Allaah.

*!~Faith~!*
11-25-2005, 06:43 PM

Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

yeah thats true sis, so the children of hadhrat Ali (r.a) [the husband of hadhrat Fatima r.a], their lineage will be classed as our beloved Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam's family. it may even include some of their other daughers too insha Allaah.

oh i see. Jazakallah Khair.

libyanhero
11-25-2005, 06:49 PM

Allaah u a'lam.

whats too care noone is different its just our feelings we need to control

Arabs and Pakistanis arnt mixed much and subhannallah it has nothing to do with Islam unless pakistanis r gonna feel left out and say how come ur prophet came from the arabs like the jews did. the prophet himself said there is no arab over non arab and etcetra these are just feelings we have

for me I don't mind talking to pakistanis and sure i would mix would them, and i know alot but i feel the pakistanis dont want to

libyanhero
11-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Its best not to put those things infront of us and thats what we have a problem with these days

When I talk to anyone I feel a comfort, brother from pakistan,china,india,palestine I don't care where you from your still my muslim brother so I see beyond those differences

we have with our own arabs these days, egyptian wants to be with egyptian, lebanese with lebanese..................

sapphire
11-25-2005, 06:58 PM
i dont know what tribe im from...or if we still are into that..i dont think we are in all this tribe buissness..just get on with life.....maybe coz im in England......i want to find out now....ill ask around my family.....

libyanhero
11-25-2005, 07:00 PM
its nice to know but we all root back to the prophets or the companions

- Qatada -
11-25-2005, 07:03 PM
we all come from hadhrat Adam (r.a) and hawwa (r.a) :p ma mom and dad lol.

Muezzin
11-25-2005, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by libyanhero
Yah and my dad ate thee forbidden apple lol
Wow bro! You must be like 10 million years old or something :p

On-topic, I don't know what 'tribe' I'm from, and frankly... I don't care. :uhwhat

But, yeah, if you're from some brave warrior tribe or something, more power to you. :)

Muezzin
11-25-2005, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
Erm, I dont think so, ever heard of a revert Bob???

:)
He said 'prophets'. Plural. Not singular. ;)

Adam (RA) was the first prophet and we all originate from him, ultimately.

Hisbul_Aziz
11-25-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm ashraf a decendent from the prophet mohamed (pbuh)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-25-2005, 07:51 PM

I think that this thread is not good. Brother Akhee said it perfectly here:

having too much pride in ones tribe is like the times of jahiliyiah so i think its better if we stay away from topics such as these insha Allaah.
And theres quite a bit of offtopic posts, so please refrain from that too.

Genius
11-25-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm Memon, most of India's most wanted belong to my tribe, one of thems called Tiger Memon,lol

libyanhero
11-25-2005, 07:58 PM
ok but havnt u read my poets

the prophet was Arab anyone gotta problem with that, exactly its not any different to talk about someones tribe or background, its not really pride only if the individual is too buffed and coinceited but its the same as background, I know ppl who ogt too much pride in their background that they dont talk to anyone only from their background which is sad ther missing on the big crowd

ummAbdillah
11-25-2005, 08:10 PM
salaam
i personally believe dat tribes aren’t important
Were all one happy family right :?

Z
11-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Peace.

Patels all the way. Yay!

Halima
11-25-2005, 08:23 PM
:sl: All off topic posts have been deleted. :w:

Please try to remain on topic.

Halima
11-25-2005, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by libyanhero
do they really gotta be deleted sister like what does it matter if people go slightly off topic?

It matters alot because off post topics are not relevent to what is being discussed and therefore this can cause spam. In addition to that off topic posts will eventually lead into free posting.

Ghulam Ahmad
11-25-2005, 08:59 PM
What is the difference between tribe and ethnic group? For example, I am Punjabi, is this my tribe or ethnic group?

Halima
11-25-2005, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghulam Ahmad
What is the difference between tribe and ethnic group? For example, I am Punjabi, is this my tribe or ethnic group?
Basically, tribe and Ethnic group both mean the same thing. There is no difference between the two. Since you are Punjabi that is your tribe/ ethnic group. Ethnic groups are smaller versions of a race.

Noor
11-25-2005, 09:43 PM

In the Holy Quran, Allah says:

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). 49:13

The sole purpose of tribes is for humans to get to know one another. Belonging to a tribe does not make one a prideful person, even if their confidence is mistaken as arrogance, as long as ones intentions are clean of pride, then others shall not judge. For some, belonging to a tribe allows the individual to have an identity. One shouldn’t feel shy in revealing their tribe; in fact they should feel (halal) proud. Unfortunately, there are cases where lineage can beome a problem, and all of us are aware of how unislamic that is.

I’m Djiboutian and the tribe I belong to is….Ishaq....wonder if anyone here is from Djibouti....I bet most members didnt know the country even existed.

h1jabi_sista
11-25-2005, 09:49 PM
as salam alikum,

i most certainly didnt! but you learn something new everyday mashallah!
subhanallah, there are soo many different nations, different people, different tribes. Each holds a different language, different culture, subhanallah look at allahs creation.

im from a tribe but i dont know which one :-\

:peace:

Halima
11-25-2005, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by h1jabi_sista
as salam alikum,

i most certainly didnt! but you learn something new everyday mashallah!
subhanallah, there are soo many different nations, different people, different tribes. Each holds a different language, different culture, subhanallah look at allahs creation.

im from a tribe but i dont know which one :-\

:peace:

Just ask yourself what language do you speak? then you can break it down from there insha'Allah.

Shadow
11-25-2005, 10:29 PM
i am from the "guku sombo club lightning" tribe

its a very rare and unique tribe
origanted from atlantis and when it umm got flooded they moved to iceland
where they ate goats and chicken that ran like lightning and hence our tribe name has lightning on the end

we even have a logo

.....yes.....

Khattab
11-26-2005, 12:35 AM

The Prophet (SWH) has many descendents still living throughout the world, of different races. Many claim to descend from noble people how true it is Allah-Hu-Alim at least we all descend from Adam (as). But according to my Uncle we are descendents of Ameer al Mumineen Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (ra).

I remember reading a tribe in Pakistan claimed they were descendents of Genghis Khan and it was found to be true, they did further investagations and researchers have said that 1 in every 16th person from Pakistan is his descendent so maybe there is some truth in claims of tribes and castes but we shouldnt really be too caught up in it because we wont be asked regarding who our forefathers where and what they did.

Muezzin
11-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Gandalf, your tribe has a logo? Wow! That gave me a brainwave - I did some digging, and this is my tribe's logo:

We're the guys people call.

UmmKhadi
11-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Salaam aleikum

My country does not have tribes. But I belong to the minority of Norway, if that helps :lol:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.