/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Miyagi

minaz
11-28-2005, 10:06 PM
One of our best loved screen actors, Mr Miyagi has died. He was one hell of a funny guy in those karate kid films and he won't be forgotten.
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/...bit.morita.ap/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Z
11-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Peace.

How sad.

Halima
11-28-2005, 10:30 PM
:sl:

Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon

:w:

aamirsaab
11-29-2005, 09:19 AM
NOOOOOO!

may he rest peacefully.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MetSudaisTwice
11-29-2005, 09:24 AM
salam
was he a muslim?
wasalam

Muezzin
11-29-2005, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
was he a muslim?
wasalam
He was a human being.

And he brought joy to many.

Ameeratul Layl
11-29-2005, 09:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
but doesn't Allah punish all those who did not believe in Him and his Prophets?
wasalam
Allah is Just, He will do what He pleases. Maybe this miyagi person had=s done SOMETHING good in his life, that has made Allah happy. we dont know brother, so saying that Allah will punish him or he will go to hell, is not for us to say.

Allah ma3akum

MetSudaisTwice
11-29-2005, 09:52 AM
salam
jazakallah sis
allahu alam
wasalam

afriend2
11-29-2005, 05:39 PM
who is it anyways?

WHITEMUSK
11-29-2005, 06:44 PM
mr myiagi was this cute little old chinese man that taught the karate kid how to be good at karate through various techniques such as painting!! lol..... i miss him.:uuh: :'(

afriend2
11-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Assalamu Alaikum sis,

yeah i remember now, the boys name was daniel wasnt it? i think anyways, my memory has gone rusty!!

To Allah we belong and to Allah we return

TEH
11-29-2005, 06:55 PM
Daniel san... :D

Anyway, a question, if a person dies, and he doesnt believe in Allah, he will definately go to Hell right???

minaz
11-29-2005, 10:19 PM
not for us to say really, Allah is the most just yet also most merciful

imaad_udeen
11-29-2005, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WHITEMUSK
mr myiagi was this cute little old chinese man that taught the karate kid how to be good at karate through various techniques such as painting!! lol..... i miss him.:uuh: :'(
He was Japanese.

jzcasejz
11-30-2005, 03:56 AM
WOT??? :enough!: Nooooooooooooooooooooo!:-\ I liked the karate kid back then and watched 2 of 'em. He will be missed:uhwhat

p.s. i personally wont WEEP or CRY over this, i meant that his family will miss him. just wanted to get that straight:brother:

Halima
11-30-2005, 04:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MetSudaistwice
salam
was he a muslim?
wasalam

Can you tell me what is the point of discussing wether he was muslim or not? He's dead now and it's too late to go back and try to convert to Islam so what is the point of discussing his previous life? He cannot wake up from the dead and all of the sudden become muslim. Besides that it's not fair to judge a non-muslim in a manner that we know nothing about his afterlife. This will all escalate into a pointless discussion that really doesn't matter of effect us in any way.

S_87
11-30-2005, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
Anyway, a question, if a person dies, and he doesnt believe in Allah, he will definately go to Hell right???

never heard of him i dont think. i thought you meant the perfume *blinks*

as for above q, yh... an ayah to confirm this- 35:36

Muezzin
12-01-2005, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

never heard of him i dont think. i thought you meant the perfume *blinks*
'When I want to be at my best, I just wax on, wax off'

Miyagi: The New Fragrance.

:p

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-01-2005, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
Daniel san... :D

It all depends on their personal circumstances. People who did not recieve the message of Islam are not guilty of rejecting it. Allah swt will judge each person according to their situation and what they knew of Islam etc. so it is not for us to say.

Muezzin
12-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Mr Miyagi might say: 'You no need dawah to get free ticket to Jannah, just damn good deeds. Pass the saki, Daniel-San. Then Miyagi teach you to sweep.'

Then Daniel would say: 'Yeah, okay Mr Miyagi, you're right, cos it's my fault I'm in this mess, I was trying to impress that girl and then I got a bloody nose and a broken rib, and it's all my fault, I'm such an idiot'

'Miyagi agree with Daniel-San analysis. Miyagi no agree with lack of saki'

Safa
12-01-2005, 10:20 PM

Took me a while to remember him but never was a fan really.
If a person believes in one supreme God (considering that he never heard about the Islam) he might have a chance in heaven. And Allah knows best.

I remember someone tell me a saying from the Prophet (pbuh) that the if a person has a coin's worth of Iman he will be taken out of hell. I don't know if that's an ayah or a hadith. Anyone wanna look it up?

WHITEMUSK
12-01-2005, 10:54 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Mr Miyagi might say: 'You no need dawah to get free ticket to Jannah, just damn good deeds. Pass the saki, Daniel-San. Then Miyagi teach you to sweep.'

Then Daniel would say: 'Yeah, okay Mr Miyagi, you're right, cos it's my fault I'm in this mess, I was trying to impress that girl and then I got a bloody nose and a broken rib, and it's all my fault, I'm such an idiot'

:haha: :haha: :lol: :clever: I thought that was real funny!!!:peace:

Durrah
12-03-2005, 04:59 PM

I loved the karate kid.

Miyagi was cool :coolious: :peace:

I used to wish he could teach me karate and i'd be wicked like daniel. LOL.

His little pharases were funny too

"wax on, wax off"

"daniel-sun"

hidden_treasure
12-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

Yes..i will miss those "wax on" and "wax off " moments with Daniel san, however we are missing the bigger picture...did he ever once make sujood to the Most Glorious, the Most Sublime..Allah??? Are we forgetting this??

Inna lillahi wa inna lilahi raji'oon

Halima
12-10-2005, 02:34 PM
:salamext:

Thread moved

:wasalamex

Sahabiyaat
12-10-2005, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

:confused: lol what shall i do
cry at miyagis death or laugh at muezzins post :blind:

aamirsaab
12-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Both.
Miyagi made karate kid what it is.
Muezzin, well...he makes peope laugh and is twice effective when tag teamed with me and/or minaz. Together we are: The three amigos!
:)

Mu'maneen
12-11-2005, 05:32 AM

AstaghferAllah! No wonder this Ummah is so corrupt! Why are we making Du'a for the death of a non-Muslim?!

We are forbidden in making any form of Du'a for the death of a non-Muslim.

Allah is Just, He will do what He pleases. Maybe this miyagi person had=s done SOMETHING good in his life, that has made Allah happy. we dont know brother, so saying that Allah will punish him or he will go to hell, is not for us to say.
Sister please be careful what you say and this goes to everyone else who believes in these words!

Anyone who dies a non-Muslim ALL their work is as ash. They will meet Allah on The Day of Judgment with not even one good deed. There is no consensus among any of the Scholars within this matter, so what you said Sister has gone against all opinions of all Scholars of Islam.

I remember someone tell me a saying from the Prophet (pbuh) that the if a person has a coin's worth of Iman he will be taken out of hell. I don't know if that's an ayah or a hadith. Anyone wanna look it up?
If somebody has never ever heard about Islam or about Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) then they must die worshipping one God alone and not to associate any partners to Him. If he/she dies worshipping something else or joins partners to Allah, they are sent straight to Hell despite whether they knew about Islam or not.
As for the Muslim or those who have heard about "Muslims", then they must believe and fulfil the obligations of the Shahada by carrying out ALL pillars of Islam before death. If one dies by not fulfilling the 5 pillars of Islam at least, they have died with absolutely no Iman.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

aamirsaab
12-11-2005, 09:35 AM
A man died for pete's sake. I don't care if he was muslim or not, Pat Morita ,who will be remembered amonst many, died/passed away - the least you could do is show a little consideration for his family. Jeez, a non muslim dies and you get angry when someone is in mourning for them. It's not just muslims who die you know.

Allah will decide whether any person goes to hell or not - so how bout we leave that OUT of the topic and show some respect.

Mu'maneen
12-11-2005, 05:38 PM

I don't care if he was muslim or not,
You may not care Akhie, but I do care, and I care for my Muslim Ummah. Many things on this post was completely against the Shari'a of Islam, so how can you try and stop me from enjoining good and forbidding evil?!

Are you also trying to deny the fact that non-Muslims go to Hell?
When I ask a question such as this, it does not mean that I have no feelings towards them. I feel sad that he has died without embracing Islam. Others seem to feel sad that "such a comedian" has passed away or "his jokes will be missed". Which one now seems to show the proper consideration?

I ask you to read my post again before reading the first line of my post and then jumping to conclusions:

We are forbidden in making any form of Du'a for the death of a non-Muslim.

Sister please be careful what you say and this goes to everyone else who believes in these words!

Anyone who dies a non-Muslim ALL their work is as ash. They will meet Allah on The Day of Judgment with not even one good deed. There is no consensus among any of the Scholars within this matter, so what you said Sister has gone against all opinions of all Scholars of Islam.

If somebody has never ever heard about Islam or about Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) then they must die worshipping one God alone and not to associate any partners to Him. If he/she dies worshipping something else or joins partners to Allah, they are sent straight to Hell despite whether they knew about Islam or not.
As for the Muslim or those who have heard about "Muslims", then they must believe and fulfil the obligations of the Shahada by carrying out ALL pillars of Islam before death.
If one dies by not fulfilling the 5 pillars of Islam at least, they have died with absolutely no Iman.

---------------------

Halima
12-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Salaam Brother Mu'maneen, I understand what you are saying, however,in order for your refute to stand strong can you please give us the ayah or verse that will substantiate your argument? So that everyone else will see the proof?

Jazakhallah Khairun

Muezzin
12-11-2005, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mu'maneen

You may not care Akhie, but I do care, and I care for my Muslim Ummah. Many things on this post was completely against the Shari'a of Islam, so how can you try and stop me from enjoining good and forbidding evil?!
Calm down bro. You'll burst a blood vessel.

Are you also trying to deny the fact that non-Muslims go to Hell?
When I ask a question such as this, it does not mean that I have no feelings towards them.
Fair enough. It is also true, however, that Allah makes the rules, not us. Therefore, who is to say what will happen?

I feel sad that he has died without embracing Islam. Others seem to feel sad that "such a comedian" has passed away or "his jokes will be missed". Which one now seems to show the proper consideration?
Can we please stop bickering over this? It's exceedingly pointless.

Mu'maneen
12-11-2005, 07:23 PM

Salaam Brother Mu'maneen, I understand what you are saying, however,in order for your refute to stand strong can you please give us the ayah or verse that will substantiate your argument? So that everyone else will see the proof?
Of course Dear Sister. Barak Allah Fekum.

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam who said:
"By Him in Whose hand is the life of Muhammad, he who amongst the community of Jews or Christians hears about me, but does not affirm his belief in that with which I have been sent and dies in this state (of disbelief), he shall be but one of the denizens of Hell-Fire."
Sahih Muslim, Book 001, Number 0284

Qur'an:

"That is because they hate/reject that which Allah has sent down (this Quran and Islamic laws, etc.), so He has made their deeds fruitless."
[47:9]

"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers."
[3:85]

"...And whosoever of you turns back from his religion and dies as a disbeliever, then his deeds will be lost in this life and in the Hereafter, and they will be the dwellers of the Fire. They will abide therein forever."
[2:217]

There are tons more evidence to back this up. Not only that, but this is supported by every Scholar of Islam.
If you want more evidence I will be glad to post it up.

---------------------

Khaldun
12-12-2005, 11:51 AM

Brother Mu'maneen, no one can refute your claims. Whoever disbelieves in Allah and dies that way will enter the Fire. However the issue is, how do we know that a man died as a disbeliever/believer?

Narrated Kharija bin Zaid bin Thabit:

Um Al-'Ala an Ansari woman who had given a pledge of allegiance to Allah's Apostle told me:, "The Muhajirln (emigrants) were distributed amongst us by drawing lots, and we got 'Uthman bin Maz'un in our share. We made him stay with us in our house. Then he suffered from a disease which proved fatal. When he died and was given a bath and was shrouded in his clothes. Allah's Apostle came, I said, (addressing the dead body), 'O Aba As-Sa'ib! May Allah be Merciful to you! I testify that Allah has honored you.' Allah's Apostle said, 'How do you know that Allah has honored him?" I replied, 'Let my father be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! On whom else shall Allah bestow. His honor?' Allah's Apostle said, 'As for him, by Allah, death has come to him. By Allah, I wish him all good (from Allah). By Allah, in spite of the fact that I am Allah's Apostle, I do not know what Allah will do to me.", Um Al-'Ala added, "By Allah, I will never attest the righteousness of anybody after that."

This hadith shows that, even the Prophet :arabic5: "The best of creations" was very careful in talking about Jannah and Jahanam, therefore we should also be careful what we utter.

Or have they the unseen so that they write (it) down?
[Surah Tuur Ayah 41]

Allah Knows Best.

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-12-2005, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
A man died for pete's sake. I don't care if he was muslim or not, Pat Morita ,who will be remembered amonst many, died/passed away - the least you could do is show a little consideration for his family. Jeez, a non muslim dies and you get angry when someone is in mourning for them. It's not just muslims who die you know.

Allah will decide whether any person goes to hell or not - so how bout we leave that OUT of the topic and show some respect.
:sl: I would agree with aamir saab, as Muslims we are commanded to show respect for the dead. Consider the following hadith:

Once the Prophet was seated at some place in Madinah, along with his Companions. During this time a funeral procession passed by. On seeing this, the Prophet stood up. One of his Companion remarked that the funeral was that of a Jew. The Prophet replied, “Was he not a human being?” (Bukhari, Muslim)

SubhanAllah, if only the Muslims practiced the same tolerance and respect that the Prophet Muhammad pbuh exhibited.

minaz
12-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Bye Bye Richard Pryor
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4517714.stm

Mu'maneen
12-13-2005, 12:04 AM

Brother Mu'maneen, no one can refute your claims. Whoever disbelieves in Allah and dies that way will enter the Fire. However the issue is, how do we know that a man died as a disbeliever/believer?
Akhie, that is not the point. We have not heard that he died a Muslim therefore we must not make Du'a for him. That is the point that I am trying to put across.

His wife was with him at his death bed. She is obviously now still non-Muslim so therefore he would have pronounced the Shahada in front of her and therefore we would have known that this man has died a Muslim and therefore had been buried according to the Sunnah. Instead we can see the type of burial he is going to have.

All I am trying to do is warn Muslims to not make Du'a for the disbeliever who has died, rather they should make Du'a for his family and friends who are still alive that they will be shown the light of Islam.

I would agree with aamir saab, as Muslims we are commanded to show respect for the dead.
Where in my post did I show disrespect for him? A'uthobellah. I am just giving evidence that anyone who dies as a disbeliever will enter Hell. No where in my posts did I insult him.

---------------------

hidden_treasure
12-13-2005, 01:01 AM
[QUOTE=Mu'maneen;127741]:sl:

Akhie, that is not the point. We have not heard that he died a Muslim therefore we must not make Du'a for him. That is the point that I am trying to put across.

His wife was with him at his death bed. She is obviously now still non-Muslim so therefore he would have pronounced the Shahada in front of her and therefore we would have known that this man has died a Muslim and therefore had been buried according to the Sunnah. Instead we can see the type of burial he is going to have.

All I am trying to do is warn Muslims to not make Du'a for the disbeliever who has died, rather they should make Du'a for his family and friends who are still alive that they will be shown the light of Islam.

Where in my post did I show disrespect for him? A'uthobellah. I am just giving evidence that anyone who dies as a disbeliever will enter Hell. No where in my posts did I insult him.

Assalamu alaikum,

I agree with you brother.

JazakAllahukhair. I knew what you were trying to say the whole time.

Authu billa...imagine NEVER giving thanks to the One who created you, NEVER being obedient to Him, NEVER worshipping Him (the way He commanded us to), NEVER living and breathing islam...how sad.

May Allah protect us all from such a bad ending..ameen.

Mu'maneen
12-13-2005, 01:15 AM

JazakAllahukhair. I knew what you were trying to say the whole time.

Authu billa...imagine NEVER giving thanks to the One who created you, NEVER being obedient to Him, NEVER worshipping Him (the way He commanded us to), NEVER living and breathing islam...how sad.

May Allah protect us all from such a bad ending..ameen.
Barak Allah Fekum Dear Sister of Islam. Ameen to your Du'a.

---------------------

mariamq
12-13-2005, 05:54 AM
Well said sis hidden treasure And Ameen to your dua.

Muezzin
12-13-2005, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
Why are all the funny people dying? :(

Oh well.

MetSudaisTwice
12-13-2005, 03:28 PM
salam
if they are kuffars then allah will deal with them
and why they are dying? allahu alam
wasalam

Halima
12-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Brother Mu'maneen, just because he is a non-muslim man doesn't mean that we cannot show sympathy or condolences to him. They deserve just the same respect like we muslims do. The fact that they are (non-believers) or kuffars per-say..Allah(saw) will take care of them and punish them afterwards. It is not our job as humans to judge, rather it is Allah(swt) that will initiate that process in the hereafter. Allahu'Am

Please take a look at this Fatwa dear brother:

Is it permissible in Islam to show sympathy to non-Muslims whose relatives have died by offering condolences,sending money and flowers?What about visiting their graves or attending their funerals?

It is lawful for a Muslim to offer condolences to a non-Muslim when he loses one of his loved ones, especially in cases where such an act will be of assistance in calling him to Islam. However, phrases containing invocations of mercy and forgiveness for the deceased should be avoided. He may use other phrases such as those calling for patience, guidance, or recovering from grief.

Joining in their funeral rites and religious services and attending the burial is unlawful. Allah did not allow His Prophet (peace be upon him) to perform funeral prayers on hypocrites or even beseech their forgiveness. Allah says: “Nor do thou ever pray for any of them that dies, not stand at his grave, for they rejected Allah and His Messenger, and died in a state of perverse rebellion.”

Allah says: “It is not fitting for the Prophet and those who believe that they should pray for forgiveness for polytheists, even though they be of kin, after it is clear to them that they are companions of the Fire.”

However, many scholars permit a Muslim to join in the funeral of his relatives from among the unbelievers, but not to pray for them or ask for mercy for him.

Visiting a non-Muslim’s grave is permissible if the intention is for exhorting others, but the visitor should not salute the deceased or pray for the deceased. The evidence for this is what Abû Hurayrah related that the Prophet (peace be upon him) visited his mother’s grave and cried and everyone around him cried, and he said: “I begged my Lord’s permission to let me ask for forgiveness for my mother, but He did not allow me to, and I begged His permission to allow me visit her grave and He allowed me. Visiting graves is a reminder of death.” [Sahîh Muslim]

WHITEMUSK
12-20-2005, 12:53 AM

try this its cute.... it takes some getting used to and has a connection with mr miyagi:)

http://www.netcolic.com/flashs/flysui.htm

minaz
12-22-2005, 08:53 PM
That Game Rocks!

Ghazi
12-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Salaam

Thats way us muslims need to be spreading DAWA we can't just sit back and let people die in a state of kufur

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!