/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Well hello everybody!

Noir_deluxe
11-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Well hello there. My name is Chris. And... I am from Canada. Yeah... I saw these forums and I figured what the heck, I'd just join up. I've always been kind of interested in the religion of Islam, so yeah. Whadya know! Here I am!

Woohoo.

Anyways, nice to meet you all. I've been browsing, and a lot of it I have no idea what's being said because of all the Arabic, but I'll hopefully catch on.

Second...whats with all this brother and sister stuff?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
h1jabi_sista
11-29-2005, 05:08 PM
hi chris,

welcome to the forum. hope you enjoy your stay!!

''Second...whats with all this brother and sister stuff? ''

do you mean the little man with the beard:brother: and the little lady with head scarf:sister: ?

:peace:

habib
11-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the Forum ..

ola
11-29-2005, 05:37 PM
hey welcum brother(oops said it again) lol
well all da bros and sis bussiness is just wot muslims say to each other its jst a sign of respect YEAH.....i hope u understand:eek:
anywayz hope u like it here
well buh bye
xxxx
olala:loving:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Noir_deluxe
11-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Noooo, everyone calls everyone else brother and sister. I don't really understand that.

Noir_deluxe
11-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Except now I do, thanks Ola :D

ola
11-29-2005, 05:40 PM
yeah dast wot i mean its jst a sign of respect
or .................i dunno
wateva
lol
u dont have 2 say it
buh bye

Noir_deluxe
11-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Oh okay, cool. I was just wondering :P

ola
11-29-2005, 05:57 PM
np every1 wonders
lol

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Hello Noir_deluxe and welcome to our forums! :)
We hope you have a beneficial stay here, and hopefully we can learn from eachother. Another excellent introductory source on Islam would be:
http://www.beconvinced.com

I'm curious to know what your personal religious beliefs are? Do you really consider yourself a Jedi? :D Do you believe in God?

Looking forward to more of your posts!

*charisma*
11-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey!

Welcome to the Forum!! :)

Hope u find ur stay here beneficial inshallah *god willing*
if u have any questions plz do ask...

*what else, what else*

yea the bro and sis thing..well in Islam we are all considered Brothers and sisters by the will of Allah ofcoarse so we have to treat eachother as such...

the arabic ur probably referring to Assalamu Alaikum-peace be upon u
and waliakum asalaam-And peace be upon u

but if u dunno anything else or u need some translation inshallah well all be able to help

peace

sapphire
11-29-2005, 11:11 PM
hey...welcome to the forum...hope your stay is enjoyable and benefitial.....

Muhammad
11-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Greetings Chris!

It's great to have you with us and I'm really glad you joined the forum! I hope you will find it beneficial and enjoy your stay!

As people have explained before, in Islam we refer to everyone as our Muslim brothers and sisters because we have a special bond of faith that unites us like a family. Therefore the first of mankind, Adam and Eve, are often referred to as being our father and mother, because ultimately we are their children (though very far down the line!).

Both our holy book, the Qur'an, and teachings of our last Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, teach us to treat each other with respect and behave as one brotherhood:

A verse from the Qur'an reads:
[49:10] The Believers are but a single Brotherhood: So make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear Allah, that ye may receive Mercy.

And here follows two sayings of the Prophet, peace be upon him:
It was narrated from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 13; Muslim, 45.

It was narrated that al-Nu’maan ibn Basheer said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The believers, in their mutual mercy, love and compassion, are like a (single) body; if one part of it feels pain, the rest of the body will join it in staying awake and suffering fever.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5665; Muslim, 2586.

I hope from this, you can better understand the concept of unity that builds the foundation of a Muslim society.

Lastly, please have a look at this thread, which may help you with arabic terms used by Muslims:http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...mic-terms.html

Peace!

Hisbul_Aziz
11-29-2005, 11:56 PM
greeeting bro
was salamu 3lakum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!