MetSudaisTwice
12-01-2005, 10:29 AM
salam
mashallah a good site
jazakallah for the link, i'd rather stick to LI
wasalam

Zuko
12-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Wasn't there a campaign on LI against that site?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khaldun
12-01-2005, 11:51 PM
:sl:

We cant tell people not to join that website lol, that wouldnt be fair. However in my eyes and in the eyes of fellow staff members we dont see it as the prime choice for anyone wanting to really learn about Islam I hope you understand.

- Qatada -
12-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

hm.. i agree - i just checked it out for a second and its got offensive material on.

Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-02-2005, 12:02 AM

See this:

http://www.islamicboard.com/campaign...-raincoat.html

:w:

- Qatada -
12-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

any success with that mission?

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Bittersteel
12-02-2005, 12:38 AM
what the ....?I didn't want anyone to umm..learn Islam from that site ,just wanted to join and debate maybe.

mehnaz
12-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Salaam,
was jus browsing thru the site "islamica....".....who are the 786 boys???...i've neva heard of em....and wats with the "786"???.....
FiAmanillah

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-02-2005, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
what the ....?I didn't want anyone to umm..learn Islam from that site ,just wanted to join and debate maybe.
:sl: bro,
Seeking argumentation and debate is futile as pointed out by the scholars of Islam. Imam Sufyan Ath-Thawri said:
Whoever sits and listens to a follower of bid'ah knowing that he is a follower of bid'ah will lose the protection of Allah and will be left to his own devices. (Narrated by Ibn Waddaah in Al-Bia'h wan-Nahi 'anha)
Imam Al-Awzaa'ee said something of similar nature:
Do not let any follower of bid'ah present his arguments to you, because this will generate confusion in your heart. (Ibid.)
He is not referring to the scholars or knowledgeable people of Islam; rather Imam Al-Awzaa'ee is referring to the layman who seeks the followers of bidah for argumentation and debates, before having studied his own deen adequately. Learning about one's religion through polemics and arguments is a flawed method.

I hope this helps.

Bittersteel
12-02-2005, 01:56 AM
found a new link.THIS one looks good.

<link removed>

MODERATOR'S COMMENT: 22. No un-Islamic, anti-Islamic or inauthenthic URLS in posts, profiles, PMs or signatures

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-02-2005, 02:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
found a new link.THIS one looks good.

<link removed>

MODERATOR'S COMMENT: 22. No un-Islamic, anti-Islamic or inauthenthic URLS in posts, profiles, PMs or signatures
On the contrary, it is the perfect example of the bida'ah I was speaking about. The site (as well as it's associates) is well known for its slander of the Islamic scholars and it's promotion of unorthodox beliefs regarding Allah swt, shirk, etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.