/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's your learning style?

Muslimah81
12-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Salaams to all

I came across an article regarding learning styles. It made me appreciate how Allah swt in His infinite Wisdom created us to be different and unique in our own way.

I am definitely a…………………………………………� ��……….. Reflector :p

What’s your learning style?

Activists enjoy the here and now, dominated by immediate experience, tend to revel in the short term crisis. They tend to thrive on the challenge of new experiences, but are relatively bored with implementation and longer term consolidation.

Reflectors like to stand back and ponder on experiences and observe them from different perspectives. They collect data and analyse it before coming to any conclusions. They like to consider all possible angles and implications before making a move so they tend to be cautious. They actually enjoy observing other people in action and often take a back seat at meetings.

Theorists are keen on basic assumptions, principles, theories, models and system thinking. They prize rationality and logic. They tend to be detached, analytical, and are unhappy with subjective or ambiguous experiences. They like to be make things tidy and fit them into rational schemes.

Pragmatists positively search out new ideas and take the first opportunity to experiment with applications. They are the sort of people who return from management courses brimming with ideas that they want to try out in practice. They respond to problems and opportunities ‘as a challenge’.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
12-01-2005, 09:13 PM
wa alykum a Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

masha Allaah nice topic sis.. i think that i'm more of a reflector too and learn more through watching peoples mistakes, and also learn from my own. this way you see the consequences in front of your eyes, and you want to make sure the same doesn't happen to you in the future.

Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows me best though.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Muezzin
12-01-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm a reflector with a bit of a pragmatist thrown in for good measure.

I hope it's not a pragmatist's naughty bit, mind.

Zuko
12-01-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm a theorist... I like things tidy, but just not my room...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Concealed Pearl
12-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Reflector

Bint-Al-Islam
12-07-2005, 09:43 PM
As-salam alekum wr wb
I am Reflectors and Pragmatists
But mostly Pragmatists i like to search abt new things and ideas..

*!~Faith~!*
12-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Hmmm thats hard..seems like a lil bit of everything for me.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-08-2005, 02:20 PM
:sl:

ha, i did this same thing in class just last week. i was in the middle for everything. eg: a little bit of everything. Alhamdullilah

Z
12-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Salaam.

I'm a creative.

Ok, maybe a Theorist.

Mawaddah
12-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Assalamu'aliakum

I guess I'm a bit more of a pragmatist and a little bit of theorist

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.