/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prophet Mohammed's hair

AnGeL_786
12-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Salam brothers and sisters, My aunty says that she has one hair of prophet Mohammed, could this be ?

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Raindrop~
12-02-2005, 01:41 PM
salaam
this COULD be true...Allah knows best. read the following.

once a pious man was sleeping in Masjid-un-Nabi near the blessed grave of Rasulullah saw. The prophet Muhammad saw visited him in his dream and gave him two hairs. He(saw) said: keep these safe, they are an Amaanat (trust).
when he woke up, he found he was clutching the hairs. his sons writes: my father took great care of them. one of them was passed down to me, and i still have it.
wassalaam
Allah knows best.

- Qatada -
12-02-2005, 01:42 PM
wa alykum a Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

i think it could be sis.. they have some in turkey but it may have even been passed down in your generations? Allaah u a'lam (Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.)

check this page out and go down till you see the section - Hair of our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him.) which is in turkey.

http://www.geocities.com/islamimirac...e_upon_him.htm

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

MetSudaisTwice
12-02-2005, 01:46 PM
salam
jazakallah for the link bro
am more curious now
wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Raindrop~
12-02-2005, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akhee
it may have even been passed down in your generations? Allaah u a'lam (Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.)
salaam
i remember reading an incident where the Prophet saw had his hair cut. a number of companions (may Allah be pleased with them) were each given a lock of hair, which they obviously kept.
wassalaam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-02-2005, 02:19 PM
:sl:

They may have it and it may be real. But lets not forget that it really doesnt mean anything. The hair hold no power, they cannot harm nor can they benefit, that power is Only with Allah.

When someone has something like this they tend to consider it holy and take extra precedence towards it. It doesnt matter whose hair it is, the point is, it can do nothing to you.

:w:

MetSudaisTwice
12-02-2005, 03:18 PM
salam
mashallah well said bro
wasalam

Mainul_Islam
12-03-2005, 02:52 AM
:sl:

ditto, bro Ahmed.

i started to feel left out (until i read urs) when it seemed to me that people held on to the Prophet's hair as if it was something very special... :confused:

- Qatada -
12-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam's hair was perfect, and beautiful. you have the right to keep it and cherish it etc. you can even keep it in a safe place insha Allaah but it shouldn't affect your worship insha Allaah.

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated Anas ibn Malik (r.a)

I saw when the Messenger of Allah sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam got his hair cut by the barber, his Companions came round him and they eagerly wanted that no hair should fall but in the hand of a person.

so the same way the sahabah treated the hair with alot of respect and they wanting to keep the hair, it is a good thing to do insha Allaah. the main point is that it shouldn't affect a persons worship insha Allaah.

wa Allaah u a'lam. (and Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.)

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.