/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't women allowed to drive in certain countries?

Bittersteel
12-02-2005, 05:09 PM
....women in Middle Eastern countries allowed to drive?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sanobar
12-02-2005, 05:22 PM
salam!
well its not allowed for women in the middle eastern countries to drive prolly coz they wear the niqab and then its difficult to see thru it and then lots of accidents take place.......!:giggling:

well i really dont knw but this is my point of view !:confused:
ma'salamah

ummAbdillah
12-02-2005, 05:33 PM
salaam
i think they are... why wouldn't they be allowed :?
peace

mehnaz
12-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Salaam,

i think its not the whole of the middle east...i know its not allowed in the KSA but i dont have any idea why...??...*trying to find out*

FiAmanillah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
12-02-2005, 05:54 PM
:sl:

I think women in Saudi Arabia aren't allowed to drive. Some non-muslims wrongly think that this is a mistreatment of women taught by Islam.

It has been briefly discussed here, (where a non-muslim asked about it) and possibly elsewhere on the forum too:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...s-islam-8.html

:w:

mehnaz
12-02-2005, 06:03 PM
JazakAllah bro..that helped....

Halima
12-02-2005, 07:09 PM
:sl: Women in middle eastern countries are not allowed to drive merely because of their apparel. The apparel they wear may cause them to get into accidents therefore middle eastern women cannot drive. If you have noticed, the majority of them wear niquab and there is a thin piece of layer that is transparent that will barely allow them to have a clear vision. A second point I would like to raise is that, in the middle eatern countries, alot of the people are rich therefore they have drivers and male cheuvers that have the ability to drive them anywhere they please. So that brings up the point of why do they have to drive when they themselves can be drived?:w:

safwana
12-02-2005, 07:23 PM

women in saudi r nt allowed 2 drive bt the men in saudi r free nd they take der wives children where thy want 2 go. so it is not a problem der isaw it my self when i was der last month?

sapphire
12-02-2005, 07:44 PM
You are allowed to drive so long as there is a reason and not just you cant bother walking...like getting to a place to teach islamic knowledge etc..otherwise...ask your husband...he'll take you where you want to go im sure....

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-02-2005, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
....why aren't women in Middle Eastern [Saudi Arabia] countries allowed to drive?
The scholars who have gave this ruling explicitly mentioned that it was their personal opinion about their country (not religious law), and that scholars in different countries/cultures should decide what is best for their people. Read the following article:

JEDDAH, 6 June 2005 — Sheikh Abdullah ibn Munee, a member of the Council of Senior Ulema which is the Kingdom’s highest religious body, said the council had not discussed the issue of women driving in its past sessions.

“The issue was never brought up in any of our sessions,” Sheikh Ibn Munee said in an exclusive statement to Arab News. The scholar stated that those who have announced either through the Internet or in leaflets that women driving is religiously forbidden — haram — were not telling the truth.

“We never said it was haram for women to drive,” said Ibn Munee. He clarified that some members of the committee had, however, expressed their own personal views. “We do not say it is haram but we say that it is for the good of our daughters not to drive.”

Sheikh Ibn Munee did say that Saudi society was not yet ready for women to drive. Al-Madinah newspaper, however, stated that the council may discuss the issue officially at one of their sessions in two months.

Sheikh Alfowzan, another member of the Council of Senior Ulema, stated in a reply to the Shoura Council member, Mohammed Al-Zulfa, that the financial cost of bringing foreign drivers was much less than a loss of honor. The sheikh was referring to the possibility that women driving could lead to immorality and a loss of honor.

A number of female voices have raised questions reflecting their confusion about the situation. Khowla Al-Khaldi, a teacher from Jeddah, said, “If the Ulema Council were not going to discuss the issue, and the vice-chairman of the Shoura Council said that the matter was for the Ulema and the Minister of Interior, Prince Naif, said that the matter is social rather than religious, then to whom shall we look for answers?”

Manal Tashkandi said that she had been searching for years for someone to rule on the issue. “I am not keen on driving but for God’s sake, when will this hassle end?” said Tashkandi who has a British driving license.

A few women expressed satisfaction about women not being allowed to drive.

Nahla Al-Swailih, a banker in Riyadh, said that she was not interested in driving in the Kingdom although she has an international driving license. “I can never imagine myself driving in these streets which are filled with lunatics driving madly,” said Al-Swalih.

Muna Bukhari said that she agreed with Ibn Munee’s comment about society. “Unfortunately, our young men need to be taught proper behavior and respect before we women can be allowed to drive,” said Bukhari. She added that one could sense what problems women drivers would face by simply being aware of the harassment they are subjected to in malls.

Saad Al-Matrafi, Arab News

Safa
12-02-2005, 08:15 PM

Nahla Al-Swailih, a banker in Riyadh, said that she was not interested in driving in the Kingdom although she has an international driving license. “I can never imagine myself driving in these streets which are filled with lunatics driving madly,” said Al-Swalih.
Its true, I wouldn't be driving all by myself there. There are some crazy drivers out there. Accidents are more likely to happen.

Muna Bukhari said that she agreed with Ibn Munee’s comment about society. “Unfortunately, our young men need to be taught proper behavior and respect before we women can be allowed to drive,” said Bukhari. She added that one could sense what problems women drivers would face by simply being aware of the harassment they are subjected to in malls.

Yup, seen that happen too. Some rich young men have nothing to do but spend all their dad's money and drive wrecklessly on the roads. I don't mean to sound biased, of course this doesn't apply to everyone, but I've lived there and I've seen people go through bad experiences. That's how society is over there and I'm okay with women not driving when they have male family members or even drivers to take them where they need to go.

anis_z24
12-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Salam

Women are not allowed to drive is because the current rule. Not Islam

minaz
12-02-2005, 09:39 PM
So that brings up the point of why do they have to drive when they themselves can be drived?
In these certain coutries where female drivers aren't allowed, at least they should have the option to. I mean they don't all wear niqaab.

sapphire
12-02-2005, 09:54 PM
round where i live most women know how to drive.....and there are lots of niqabis.......i guess it should be there choice.....and they should see what islam says about there reason as to why they want to drive...

safwana
12-02-2005, 10:03 PM

i no how 2 drive nd i ear the islamic clothing? lt me tell u sumthing its amazing how much i can c. i can c everything dat icould wen i wasnt wearing it alhamdulillah.

Umm Yoosuf
12-02-2005, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sanobar
salam!
well its not allowed for women in the middle eastern countries to drive prolly coz they wear the niqab and then its difficult to see thru it and then lots of accidents take place.......!:giggling:

well i really dont knw but this is my point of view !:confused:
ma'salamah
:-\

I have seen and know many sisters that wear Niqaab and drive....it's not difficult to wear Niqaab and drive...

Safa
12-02-2005, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
I mean they don't all wear niqaab.

All women actually do wear the niqaab over there.

Islam doesn't have any restrictions against women driving. It's what the country decides. And niqaabis can be good drivers, I don't think that's a reason why they are not allowed to drive.

minaz
12-02-2005, 10:08 PM
All women actually do wear the niqaab over there.
lol 100% of women wear the niqaab in Saudi?

*charisma*
12-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I think that depending where you are in the Middle East would depend on whether a female is driving or not.

I dont know about any of the rules or anything like that, but from what i know it seems that women would rather walk...if you could only see the driving over there :phew i said the shahada so many times in this one taxi cab...

on another note, not many families can afford to have 2 cars, the husband needs it for work...and usually the marketplace for women is in walking distance so really its not necessary....

i would rather walk than drive..but hey thats just me..

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Safa
12-02-2005, 10:22 PM
on another note, not many families can afford to have 2 cars, the husband needs it for work...and usually the marketplace for women is in walking distance so really its not necessary....
Some actually hire drivers there. My mum did, when she had to go somewhere far.

Genius
12-02-2005, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
....women in Middle Eastern countries allowed to drive?
Women in the Prophet's time did not drive cars.

*charisma*
12-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

well cars werent invented during the prophets time lol
what about riding horses and stuff like that?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Bittersteel
12-03-2005, 04:04 AM
hey they did ride camels didn't they?

Halima
12-03-2005, 02:14 PM

During the Prophet muhammed (saw)'s time, camels were a good measure of transportation. Now remember, this is in Arabia that we are talking about. Camels have been a good use of transporatation for thousands of generations. However, since technology has become more modern these days, the use of camels has changed. In these days, the use of camels is a less lot popular than before. Camel riding is very popular and commmon amongst the bedouin tribes in Arabia. That is where camel riding has derived from. The beduoin tribes of Arabia as a use of transportation. Back then, anyone could've rode on a camel over the sahara desert. Men, women, and even children. As you have noticed, the quran is silent on modern technology unless it has to do with the involvment of men and women mixing, thus is has it's own rules for that. For example, this leads to the internet. We have to be very vigilant in our speech to members of the opposite sex. This even includes the internet.

Uma Rayanah
12-03-2005, 08:59 PM

what i think in general women cant drive...lol dat is da fact

women are da worst driverz....

it's something we are not good at it....:) dat is from ma point of view...

sapphire
12-04-2005, 11:11 AM
^^lol..more like they are to scared to drive...well really depends....some of my auntys drive like they dont have a care in the world.....and others are scared like anything....its funny watching them......i want to learn to drive inshallah.....

S_87
12-04-2005, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister In Islam

:lol: agreed

libyanhero
12-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Women can drive well what would you call Libya a Middle Eastern or North African well its north africa but we are arabs and all of that part women are allowed to drive. Tunisia,Egypt,Morroco,Algeria etc... isnt Lebanon part of the middle east i believe they can drive and in syria women can drive, half of the middle east can drive what you talking about

no the authority have no right in my opinion to keep or protect women from driving, they expanded on thier authority a country is given certain authority over its people but it can not make laws in people personal lives, than you tell me what the husband is for? The husband that has authority over his wife not the country

Safa
12-05-2005, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by libyanhero
Women can drive well what would you call Libya a Middle Eastern or North African well its north africa but we are arabs and all of that part women are allowed to drive. Tunisia,Egypt,Morroco,Algeria etc... isnt Lebanon part of the middle east i believe they can drive and in syria women can drive, half of the middle east can drive what you talking about
Its probably a stereotype that Middle Eastern countries don't allow women to drive when in fact its only Saudi Arabia that enforces these laws.

it's something we are not good at it.... dat is from ma point of view...
heh, I don't know about that but I think in general women don't drive as aggressively as men do.

Z
12-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Salaam.

I've yet to see a woman who doesn't floor the pedal.

Safa
12-05-2005, 12:50 AM
edit

salehah
12-05-2005, 06:20 AM
Women can't drive in saudi arabia and thats the only country where women can't drive because of the fatwa given by their IMAMS ...and the fatwa is based on ... ufff
all i have to say is Lahula wala kuatta illa billah!
that's ALL!
may Allah guide them and US to the right direction!!
Ameen

S_87
12-05-2005, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by salehah
Women can't drive in saudi arabia and thats the only country where women can't drive because of the fatwa given by their IMAMS ...and the fatwa is based on ... ufff
all i have to say is Lahula wala kuatta illa billah!
that's ALL!
may Allah guide them and US to the right direction!!
Ameen

do you know the social climate in saudia and why the fatwa was issued? let me post it :)

The scholars have issued fatwas stating that it is haraam because of the negative consequences that may result from it.

This applies completely to the land of the two Holy Sanctuaries. With regard to other countries, the matter should be referred to trustworthy scholars for they know their countries’ situation best.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

People have spoken a great deal in the al-Jazeerah newspaper about the issue of women driving cars. It is well known that it leads to evil consequences which are well known to those who promote it, such as being alone with a non-mahram woman, unveiling, reckless mixing with men, and committing haraam actions because of which these things were forbidden. Islam forbids the things that lead to haraam and regards them as being haraam too.

Allaah commanded the wives of the Prophet and the believing women to stay in their houses, to observe hijab and to avoid showing their adornments to non-mahrams because of the permissiveness that all these things lead to, which spells doom for society. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance, and perform As-Salaah (Iqamat-as-Salaah), and give Zakaah and obey Allaah and His Messenger. Allaah wishes only to remove Ar-Rijs (evil deeds and sins) from you, O members of the family (of the Prophet), and to purify you with a thorough purification”

[al-Ahzaab 33:33]

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”

[al-Noor 24:31]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No man is alone with a (non-mahram) woman but the Shaytaan is the third one present.”

Islam forbids all the things that may lead to immorality or accusations of immoral conduct made against chaste women, who never even think of anything touching their chastity, and it has stipulated a punishment for that which is one of the most severe of punishments, in order to protect society from the spread of the causes of immorality.

Women driving is one of the means that lead to that, and this is something obvious, but ignorance of the rulings of sharee’ah and the negative consequences of carelessness with regard to the things that lead to evil – as well as diseases of the heart that prevail at present – and love of permissiveness and enjoying looking at non-mahram women all lead to indulging in this and similar things, with no knowledge and paying no attention to the dangers that it leads to. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

Say (O Muhammad): (But) the things that my Lord has indeed forbidden are Al-Fawaahish (great evil sins and every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse) whether committed openly or secretly, sins (of all kinds), unrighteous oppression, joining partners (in worship) with Allaah for which He has given no authority, and saying things about Allaah of which you have no knowledge

[al-A’raaf 7:33]

“and follow not the footsteps of Shaytaan (Satan). Verily, he is to you an open enemy”

[al-Baqarah 2:168]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I am not leaving behind me any fitnah more harmful to men than women.”

It was narrated that Hudhayfah ibn al-Yamaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The people used to ask the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about good things, but I used to ask him about bad things, fearing that I would live to see such things. I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, we were in a state of ignorance (jaahiliyyah) and evil, then Allaah sent us this good (i.e., Islam). Will there be any evil after this good?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ I said, ‘Will there by any good after that evil?’ He said, ‘Yes, but it will be tainted.’ I said, ‘How will it be tainted?’ He said, ‘(There will be) some people who will guide others in a way that is not according to my guidance. You will approve of some of their deeds and disapprove of others.’ I said, ‘Will there be any evil after that good?’ He said, ‘Yes, there will be people calling at the gates of Hell, and whoever responds to their call, they will throw them into it (the Fire).’ I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, describe them to us.’ He said, ‘They will be from among our people, speaking our language.’ I said, ‘What do you command me to do if I live to see such a thing?’ He said, ‘Adhere to the jamaa’ah (group, community) of the Muslims and their imaam (leader).’ I asked, ‘What if there is no jamaa’ah and no leader?’ He said, ‘Then keep away from all those groups, even if you have to bite (eat) the roots of a tree until death overtakes you whilst you are in that state.’” Agreed upon.

I call upon every Muslim to fear Allaah in all that he says and does and to beware of fitnah and those who promote it. He should keep away from all that angers Allaah or leads to His wrath, and he should be extremely cautious lest he be one of these callers to Hell of whom the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) tells us in this hadeeth.

May Allaah protect us from the evil of fitnah and its people, and protect this ummah from the evil of those who promote bad things. May He help the writers of our newspapers and all the Muslims to do that which pleases Him and may He set the Muslims straight and save them in this world and in the Hereafter, for He is Able to do that.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 3/351-353.

S_87
12-05-2005, 12:34 PM

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked: I hope you can explain the ruling on women driving cars. And what is your opinion on the idea that women driving cars is less dangerous than their riding with non-mahram drivers?

The answer to this question is based on two principles which are well known among the Muslim scholars:

The first principle is: that whatever leads to haraam is itself haraam. The evidence for this is the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allaah, lest they insult Allaah wrongfully without knowledge”

[al-An’aam 6:108]

So Allaah forbids insulting the gods of the mushrikeen – even though that serves an interest – because it leads to insults against Allaah.

The second principle is: that warding off evil – if it is equal to or greater than the interests concerned – takes precedence over bringing benefits. The evidence for that is the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“They ask you (O Muhammad) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling. Say: In them is a great sin, and (some) benefits for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit”

[al-Baqarah 2:219]

Allaah has forbidden alcohol and gambling even though there is some benefit in them, so as to ward off the evils that result from them.

Based on these two principles, the ruling on women driving should be clear, because women driving includes a number of evils, including the following:

1 – Removal of hijab, because driving a car involves uncovering the face which is the site of fitnah and attracts the glance of men. A woman is only regarded as beautiful or ugly on the basis of her face, i.e., if it is said that she is beautiful or ugly, people only think in terms of her face. If something else is meant it must be specified, so that one would say that she has beautiful hands or beautiful hair or beautiful feet. Hence it is known that the face is the focal point. If someone were to say that a woman can drive a car without taking off her hijab, by covering her face and wearing dark glasses over her eyes, the answer to that is that this is not what really happens when women drive cars. Ask those who have seen them in other countries. Even if we assume that this could be applied initially, it would not last for long, rather the situation would soon become as it is in other countries where women drive. This is how things usually develop; they start out in an acceptable fashion then they get worse.

2 – Another evil consequence of women driving cars is that they lose their modesty, and modesty is part of faith as is narrated in a saheeh report from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Modesty is the noble characteristic that befits the nature of women and protects them from being exposed to fitnah. Hence it is mentioned in a metaphorical sense (in Arabic), in the phrase “more modest than a virgin in her seclusion.” Once a woman’s modesty is lost, do not ask about her.

3 – It also leads to women going out of the house a great deal, but their homes are better for them – as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said – because those who love to drive enjoy it very much, hence you see them driving around in their cars here and there for no purpose, except to enjoy driving.

4 – You may find a divorced woman going where she wants, whenever she wants and however she wants, for whatever purpose she wants, because she is alone in her car, at any time she wants of the day or night. She may stay out until late at night. If people are complaining about this with regard to young men, then what about young women, going all over the place the length and breadth of the country, and maybe even beyond its borders.

5 – It is a means of women rebelling against their families and husbands; at the least provocation they may go out of the house and drive in the car to wherever they think they can get some peace, as happens in the case of some young men, who are able to put up with more than women.

6 – It is a cause of fitnah in many places: when stopping at the traffic lights, or at gas stations, or at inspection points, or when stopped by policemen at the scenes of traffic infractions or accidents, or if the car stalls and the woman needs help. What will her situation be in this case? Perhaps she may come across an immoral man who takes advantage of her in return for helping her, especially if her need is great to the point of urgency.

7 – When women drive it leads to overcrowding in the streets, or it deprives some young men of the opportunity to drive cars when they are more deserving of that.

8 – It causes fitnah to flourish because women – by their nature – like to make themselves look good with clothing etc. Do you not see how attached they are to fashion? Every time a new fashion appears they throw away what they have and rush to buy the new things, even if it is worse than what they have. Do you not see the adornments that they hang on their walls? In the same way – or perhaps more so – with the cars that they drive, whenever a new model appears they will give up the first for the new one.

With regard to the questioner asking, “And what is your opinion on the idea that women driving cars is less dangerous than their riding with non-mahram drivers?” – what I think is that both of them involve danger, and one is more serious than the other in some ways, but there is no necessity that would require one to do either of them.

Please note that I have answered this question at length because of the controversy that surrounds the issue of women driving cars, and the pressure faced by conservative Saudi society, which is striving to adhere to its religious commitment and morals, to allow women to drive cars.

This would be nothing strange if it were to come from an enemy who seeks to cause harm this land which is the last bastion of Islam that the enemies of Islam wish to penetrate. But what is even stranger is that this is coming from our own people who speak our language and live under our banner, people who are dazzled by what the kaafir nations have of material advancement and admire their ways which are devoid of any moral restrictions.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen.

i saiy,yh disagree with them in a respectful manner, but dont ridicule them

~Raindrop~
12-05-2005, 02:04 PM
salaam
jazakillah sis amani for sharing that :)
wassalaam

MetSudaisTwice
12-05-2005, 02:06 PM
salam
yes sis amani i agree with you, and jazakallah for sharing that article
why would sisters need to remove thier hijab whilst driving?
wasalam

~Raindrop~
12-05-2005, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
wasalam
salaam
beats me. they can see cant they?
although i had this book 'Al Mar Atus Saalihah' by Majlisul Ulamaa of s.africa and they wrote that by sitting in the front seat, the woman is abandoning her haya.
wassalaam

Ameeratul Layl
12-05-2005, 02:37 PM

Women are allowed to drive in the Middle East.
In saudi (Allah Bless that country), women are not really allowed. Why? Cuz men RESPECT their wives and daughters. Whats is the need of the wives driving around if they have husbands and brothers to do that for them. Saudi women are respected to the MAX....and saudi men treat them....better than gold.:)
Plus! I dnt think it luks right having a woman in saudi or any other well respected country to be sitting behind the wheel.:-\

Allah ma3akum

S_87
12-05-2005, 03:00 PM
salam
yes sis amani i agree with you, and jazakallah for sharing that article
wasalam

although it says hijab from detail it seems to be talking bout niqab :-\

Ameeratul Layl
12-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Plz try this link brother Abrar and others of course:

http://www.memritv.org/Transcript.asp?P1=735
Allah ma3akum

MetSudaisTwice
12-06-2005, 09:40 AM
salam
jazakallah for the link sis
so women are not allowed to drive because they don't want the influence of the western culture?
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
12-06-2005, 09:42 AM
salam
so women are not allowed to drive because they don't want the influence of the western culture?
wasalam

Na3am.Its makes sense brother....if Islam is your religion...why portray the opposite.

Allah ma3akum

MetSudaisTwice
12-06-2005, 09:45 AM
salam
mashallah that is true, my saying is that don't follow the fashion instead follow what is important to yourself
wasalam

MetSudaisTwice
12-06-2005, 10:56 AM
salam
this is regarding the status and role of women in islam

A CALL FROM THE MASJID UL HARAM TO THE MUSLIM WOMEN OF THE WORLD!
SHEIKH ABDUL RAHMAN AL SUDAIS.

All praise is due to Allah, May peace and blessing be upon Muhammed SAW and his house hold...

My Muslim sisters, you will never be able to reach the perfection that you desire, you wont be able to regain the lost glory of your past, or achieve your highest rank and position unless you follow the teachings of Islam and unless you stop at the boundaries and limits of the Sharia. This will make your heart love and appreciate the good qualities and will keep you away from bad and evil qualities.

SO STAY AT YOUR HOMES. By Allah you will be praised, you will please your household and make your home happy, you will perfect your hijab, you will perfect your chastity, relieve others and you will make yourself happy and comfortable.

Allah says "Oh Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters, and the owmen of the believers to draw their cloaks all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is ever oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." (Surah AL-Ahzab )

So with Islam you are a protected jewel, but without it you are a doll in the hands of the wrongdoers; a mere object of amusement and merchandise of trade in the hands of human wolves who will destroy your chastity, your honour and your dignity, and then throw you and disregard you as one does with a date fruit and its seed.

so whenever a woman abandons the teachings of Islam and neglects the proper islamic dress and takes easy the matter of hijab, exposing herself to men (by) walking among them and wearing perfume, her dignity and honour vanishes and her brightness disappears, and her modesty dwindles and she becomes a source of fitnah (temptation and trial) for others and the `evils` embrace her.

Therefore, oh Muslims woman, who cherishes and holds unto the honour of Islam (and is proud of the honour of Islam) and Oh Free, honourable chaste, and protected woman, you are the best successor of the best past generation of the Muslims. Hold fast unto the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammed :saa:

Beware of the hands of the wicked plotters and the jealous eyes, and people with bad character and evil souls, who want to lower you from the highness of your esteemed position and dignity, and lower you from your glory of higher rank, and take you out from the circle of your happiness.

And beware of the deception and defeat before the open war between hijab and sufoor (revealing beauty), and between chastity and liberalism.

The enemies of Islam among the jews and their followers are upset and sleepless over the fact that the Muslim woman is honourable, dignified and protected, so they put her under the spotlight, trap her in nets and shoot with their arrows. Moreover it is strange that some people from our skin and who speak our language follow them and spread their ideas and fulfill their aims and wage in intellectual and cultural war against our Muslims sisters, who are the moisture of our faces, through the alluring and decieving slogans and charming articles here and there.

Thus they falsely and decivelingly call to her freedom of the women and ask, and push, her to work, to coming out of her home. They spread rumors about Muslim women saying: "...The conservative Muslim society (the real one indeed, The Muslim society can only be conservative) is that which half of it does nothing and breathes only from one lung" and "how can a Muslim woman stay prisoner at home between four walls" and other misleading slogans.

They want freedom for the women, but in reality they want to free her from her character and ettiquete and to strip her from her principles, dignity and honour, and lead her into evil and corruption. They want her to be a fashion model and an item for sale to the naive and simple minded (assuthajj wal busataa).

Who is then left to the well being of homes, to the happiness of family, to raise and educate children?

How many young women get trapped and how much tragedy happens when the hijab is destroyed and the jilbab (outer garment) is taken off and the `wolves` (wicked men) devour the women? such is as a result of sufoor and mingling with men in jobs, schools, and market places.

Isnt it enough reminder what societies, who did not practice the teching of Islam, fell into in terms of indecency, evils and desappereance in values when they neglected and ignored the matter of the woman? As a result of that there are now repeated calls in these societies asking for the return of a woman to her protected fort; her home.

Would any man with the slightest bit of honour and manhood be content to see his wife become a `pasturage` of the eyes of wicked men and to become ` a serving on the dining table`? the current condition of some societies is a witness that when a woman goes out of her home, it is a sign of destruction, loss, corruption, and spread of mischief and indecnecy in society.

Therefore to all our Muslim Sister in the east and in the west of the Muslim world, I call upon you from this Holy and Pure land , Makkah, to hold fast to the Quran and to bite unto the sunnah of the Messenger :saa: with the front teeth and to follow the teachings of Islam and its ettiquete.

And to the women organisations all over the world, beware of the stupidity and bad results of the disobidience of the women to the guidance of Islam. Beware of being tempted by the flashing slogans and poisoned publicity agaisnt the character of the woman and her principles.

And to the responsible people for the Muslim child in her education and care, I call upon you to fear Allah SWT and to fulfill your duty towards her while taking care of her belief, eduacational and ethical aspects.

A clear limit and divider must be set against indecency, wicked movies and naked pictures that destroy honour and virtue and that develop dayathaa (absense of honor and manhood to the point where a man does not care about the females of his family in terms of wha other men may do with them) and indecency.

As to the guardians of women, fathers and husbands, i remind them of their qawaamah (protection and maintenance) of women according to what Allah SWT said: `Men are the protectors and maintainers of women because Allah has made one of them excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands), and guard in their husbands absense what Allah orders them to guard. As to those women on whose part you will see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful), but if they return to obedience seek not agianst them means (of annoyance) Surely Allah is ever Most High, Most Great. (Surah An-Nisa)

So they have to fear Allah and save themselves and their children from punishment of Allah by raising and educating them according to the teachings of Islam, and they should be warned from being loose and neglectfulin this matter. I call on their honour towards their women and their manhood in order to preserve the honour and to protect their mahram women, in addition to protecting their values, principles and characters.

So, O wise people, take a lesson, and be aware and dont be decived for the successful is one who is reminded through the mistakes of others, and know that the ummah has reached this sad state and crisis only after it was hit in its system of life and when it neglected the appropriate education and upbringing of its women. And remember that the trustworthy and the Trusted Prophet SAW said:
' i havent left behind me a fitnah more harmful to men than women (when they go astray from the guidance of Islam)' [Bukhari and Muslim.]

S_87
12-06-2005, 12:04 PM
salam
wasalam

yh but remember that rules in saudi for saudi only. here is a different story :)

MetSudaisTwice
12-06-2005, 12:12 PM
salam
ok sis, i will bear that in mind in the future inshallah
wasalam

yoshiyahu
12-07-2005, 02:05 AM
So that brings up the point of why do they have to drive when they themselves can be drived?
Is there an absolute need? Perhaps not. But, you could ask the opposite question - why does someone else have to drive them?

yoshiyahu
12-07-2005, 02:13 AM
The enemies of Islam among the jews and their followers are upset and sleepless over the fact that the Muslim woman is honourable, dignified and protected, so they put her under the spotlight, trap her in nets and shoot with their arrows. Moreover it is strange that some people from our skin and who speak our language follow them and spread their ideas and fulfill their aims and wage in intellectual and cultural war against our Muslims sisters, who are the moisture of our faces, through the alluring and decieving slogans and charming articles here and there.

Thus they falsely and decivelingly call to her freedom of the women and ask, and push, her to work, to coming out of her home. They spread rumors about Muslim women saying: "...The conservative Muslim society (the real one indeed, The Muslim society can only be conservative) is that which half of it does nothing and breathes only from one lung" and "how can a Muslim woman stay prisoner at home between four walls" and other misleading slogans.
The Jews fault? Have you any idea how strict Orthodox Jewish codes of morality can be? Jewish laws of Tsniut can be just as strict as Muslim laws. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzeniut

~Raindrop~
12-07-2005, 11:32 AM
salaam
jazakallah bro. great post. :)
wassalaam

Ameeratul Layl
12-09-2005, 10:36 AM
edit

MetSudaisTwice
12-09-2005, 10:40 AM
salam
sis see thier previous pages and especially the khutbah by SAS
My Muslim sisters, you will never be able to reach the perfection that you desire, you wont be able to regain the lost glory of your past, or achieve your highest rank and position unless you follow the teachings of Islam and unless you stop at the boundaries and limits of the Sharia. This will make your heart love and appreciate the good qualities and will keep you away from bad and evil qualities.
SO STAY AT YOUR HOMES. By Allah you will be praised, you will please your household and make your home happy, you will perfect your hijab, you will perfect your chastity, relieve others and you will make yourself happy and comfortable

wasalam

MetSudaisTwice
12-09-2005, 10:47 AM
salam
i cannot emphasis more on these quotes
SAS:
And beware of the deception and defeat before the open war between hijab and sufoor (revealing beauty), and between chastity and liberalism.

SS:
Also, know my Muslim sister that to conceal your face and allow your eyebrows, cheekbone, and bridge of the nose to remain uncovered is clear error. Some women use this as a ploy to cover up their inadequate features. They will uncover what they like and cover what they dislike. If our woman folk exit their homes having beautified themselves, uncovering more that what they cover, perfumed, while using their eyes and movement to attract the attention of men, they are indeed calling to deviance and disorder.

salam

Nawal89
12-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Salams
I agree with sis Fenix...A muslim woman would be safer driving a car. By the way, didnt the women in the Prophets time ride horses? I'm not sure but i recall reading a hadeeth on that once.

Mujahideen
12-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Aslamalykum. we should remind ourselves this life is a short journey. we are the servants of Allah.

sapphire
12-11-2005, 06:20 PM
yeah thats true..the women in Nabis (s)'s time did ride camels and horses......so is that not the same as driving...unless a man was leading the animal...tehn thats like them driving the car and the women being a passenger...well the muft where i live has aproved....so inshallah i wil learn to drive...and then if my husband does not like it then i will give it up after marriage.....

yoshiyahu
12-30-2005, 11:12 AM
sapphire, does the word "nabi" mean prophet? (In Hebrew, Navi = Prophet)

sapphire
12-30-2005, 12:04 PM
yup it means prophet...there refering to Muhammed (s) the last and final prophet........

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.