/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ahl ul-Bayt!

Umm Safiya
12-03-2005, 10:20 PM
:sl:

"And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance; and establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity; and obey God and His Apostle. And God only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless." (33:33)

Does this mean that ahl al-bayt is free from sinning? In my opinion; no! But I would like some proofs.. I would be very grateful if someone could provide me with ahadeeth or ayat, barak Allâhu fiikum..

Fi amanallâh..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
safwana
12-03-2005, 10:25 PM

where did u get da transalation frm?

the transalatin is definatly wrong?!?

Umm Safiya
12-03-2005, 10:38 PM

I got it from www.al-quran.org.uk

safwana
12-03-2005, 10:41 PM
wheres the ayat the verse nd the
surah?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Safiya
12-03-2005, 10:43 PM

Surah 33 ayah 33, like I wrote behind the ayah.. ;)

Umm Safiya
12-03-2005, 10:52 PM

Inshâ'Allâh..

And here is the translation from Shakir and Pickthall.. The first one was by Yusuf Ali..

Shakir:
And stay in your houses and do not display your finery like the displaying of the ignorance of yore; and keep up prayer, and pay the poor-rate, and obey Allah and His Apostle. Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying.

Pickthall:
And stay in your houses. Bedizen not yourselves with the bedizenment of the Time of Ignorance. Be regular in prayer, and pay the poor-due, and obey Allah and His messenger. Allah's wish is but to remove uncleanness far from you, O Folk of the Household, and cleanse you with a thorough cleansing.

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-04-2005, 02:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ms. Amira
Does this mean that ahl al-bayt is free from sinning?
Becoming pure is very different from infallibility or incapability to commit sin.

Notice also, that if Ahlul-Bayt was truly infallible, then Allah swt wouldn't have said that He desired to make them pure (yutahirakum tat-heera), He would have said that they already were pure. This ayat simply emphasizes the nobility of the Prophet's family, and the expectations that his family (the context of the ayat is addressing his wives) were to live up to.

I hope this helps.

Umm Safiya
12-04-2005, 10:42 AM

Yes, it did help, barak Allâhu fiik wa Jazak Allâhu khayr..

أحمد
12-16-2005, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl

Becoming pure is very different from infallibility or incapability to commit sin.

Notice also, that if Ahlul-Bayt was truly infallible, then Allah swt wouldn't have said that He desired to make them pure (yutahirakum tat-heera), He would have said that they already were pure. This ayat simply emphasizes the nobility of the Prophet's family, and the expectations that his family (the context of the ayat is addressing his wives) were to live up to.

I hope this helps.

:coolious: Great reply . . . :) I would just like to add that the misconception of the Ahlul-Bayt as infallible is de-grading. The simple reason for this is that Allah has made those who use their free-will to do good are better than those who don't have free will, because with free-will comes choice . . .

time_spender
12-19-2005, 10:45 AM
:sl: 2 all islamicaboardians!
Ms. Amira...i think this will help (if your eager to know!):
--

Hope this helps

MODERATOR'S COMMENT: PLEASE DO NOT PASTE SECTARIAN ARTICLES ON THE FORUM AS IT VIOLATES SEVERAL RULES. YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO DISCUSS WHAT YOU FEEL IS THE MOST ACCURATE INTERPRETATION OF THESE VERSES BUT PLEASE DO NOT SIMPLY PASTE FROM OTHER WEBSITES OF SECTARIAN NATURE.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.