/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question!

Khadeejah
12-05-2005, 12:52 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum a Rahmatullahi Wa BAraakatu,

I have a question.......A long time ago I read a two stories one was about two brothers I dont remember how it all goes but in the end the one of the brothers stood home and lead a simple life and the other became a king and after he returned home they spoke and the simple brother said the kings was worse because he witnessed war and killings and so on, and the king said something like While Ihave witnessed this you have done nothing or have not expeienced anything..... Its a bad example but I know it goes something like that............the second was a story about a teacher who gave a class and in the class he took a large cylinder or something and first filled it with golf balls then pebbles and then sand and finally a cup of coffee...the teacher said the golf balls represented the most important things in life like religion family friends and so on.....the pebbles represented work, home, and car.....I dont remember what the sand represented.....and a student asked what the coffee stood for and he said no matter how busy life gets you should always have time for a cup of coffee with a friend......I think I read that one here.....If anyone knows where I can find these stories InshaAllah please let me know......Jazaak Allahu Kjair
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa BAraakatu

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
salehah
12-05-2005, 06:47 AM
salam sister !
i also had these stories but i don't know where i placed them .. i'll have to dig them up from my computer !
but i have another nice true one to share about perceptions!

The stranger and the Gingernuts story:
At the airport after a tiring business trip a lady's return flight was delayed. She went to the airport shop, bought a book, a coffee and a small packet containing five gingernut biscuits. The airport was crowded and she found a seat in the lounge, next to a stranger.

After a few minutes' reading she became absorbed in her book. She took a biscuit from the packet and began to drink her coffee. To her great surprise, the stranger in the next seat calmly took one of the biscuits and ate it. Stunned, she couldn't bring herself to say anything, nor even to look at the stranger. Nervously she continued reading.

After a few minutes she slowly picked up and ate the third biscuit. Incredibly, the stranger took the fourth gingernut and ate it, then to the woman's amazement; he picked up the packet and offered her the last biscuit. This being too much to tolerate, the lady angrily picked up her belongings, gave the stranger an indignant scowl and marched off to the boarding gate, where her flight was now ready.

Flustered and enraged, she reached inside her bag for her boarding ticket, and found her unopened packet of gingernuts...

:)

hope you liked it

Khadeejah
12-05-2005, 06:54 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakatu
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA......thats funny if I got it right......Was she digging from the wrong packet? lol that was funny mashaAllah.....Do you have another? or is that going off topic? I am scared I will get a warning *smile*
Jazaak Allahu Khair
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa BAraakatu

salehah
12-05-2005, 07:02 AM
wa alikom aslam wa rahmatullahe wa brakatohu!

thanks for liking the story .. i have others but i think i'll look in that short stories thread before posting anymore in ase they already have been posted!

:)

wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khadeejah
12-05-2005, 07:11 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa BAraakatu,
lol mashaAllah sis.....It may sound silly but Ia m seriously scatred of being warned so I try to watch what I say n e how I believe that if you do have another or more stories they must be posted on that thread not this one.....Is it because it would be going off topic? any how...ZAK.....I didnt see the stories I were looking for....did u mean the stories I am looking for are there or did you mean there are more short stories on the thread? Jazaak Allahu Khair for your help.......Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulahi Wa bAraakatu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.