PDA

View Full Version : Talking to nonmuslims



Malaikah
12-05-2005, 08:36 AM
:sl:
i just replied to a post in a thread started by a non-muslim (http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...it-second.html)

He wrote: Quick question here. I'm not a muslim, so I'm just wondering what the Islamic religion says will happen when I die.
Anyone care to tell me?

My reply: Simply, a person who dies as a non-muslim will have a very heavy punishment for committing the one sin that cannot be forgiven- disbelief in the oneness of Allah (God). The person will spend eternity in hell fire.

Sounds a little harsh doesnt it? I hope that you will continue to show interest in learning about Islam and become a believer, and be given the reward of paradise if you become a good Muslim. God is just. All Muslims will eventually enter paradise but those who sinned and die before they can ask for God's forgiveness will be punished too.

I found writing that reply distressing, to tell a person that unless they become a muslim they will spend eternity in hell fire. Does any body else have an experience in situations? How do you respond to them, personally?

:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bittersteel
12-05-2005, 08:49 AM
You are wrong.Only disbelievers go to hell.people who have learned about Islam from authentic sources and then rejected it are going to hell,not all Non-Muslims.
Reply

Wan danial
12-05-2005, 09:30 AM
so it is our job as muslims to do DAKWAH ISLAMIAH. If we do not try to dakwah at all which is fardhu kifayah we r also punished. this is bcause if one does not know bout the true facts bout islam, god will not punish that fella into eternal hell 4 Allah is most mercifull n most gracious
Reply

Malaikah
12-06-2005, 06:56 AM
You are wrong.Only disbelievers go to hell.people who have learned about Islam from authentic sources and then rejected it are going to hell,not all Non-Muslims.
:sl:

Sorry can you clarify your statment? Are you saying that, for example, people who have only ever heard of the word Islam and yet are, say, Christians will not go to hell?

I dont think i understand your point, it goes against what i have learned.

:w:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
mariamq
12-06-2005, 07:29 AM
Actually from what i was taught, If you have never ever been in contact with a muslim and have never heard about islam then Allahualam... But i dont think that there is a place where this would happen. Allah knows best.
Reply

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by cheese
I found writing that reply distressing, to tell a person that unless they become a muslim they will spend eternity in hell fire. Does any body else have an experience in situations? How do you respond to them, personally?

:w:
:sl:
First of all, if you are unsure of the best way to respond to a non-muslim, then there is no reason why you should when there are other muslims around who may be able to give a better response, because you might end up driving them away from Islam. One should make certain that they have learned how to give the appropriate response first.

The response to a non-muslim is simple: we are not the judge. God knows best someone's circumstances and He will judge according to how much of the message they recieved, etc. We can't say who is in hell or not, but we can say for certain that whoever recieves the message of Prophet Muhammad pbuh and has understood it, must accept it.

So there may be many pious people in the world who have not learnt about Islam but believe in God, etc. These people are not accountable for a message they never recieved.

:w:
Reply

ummbilal
12-06-2005, 11:49 PM
salaam alakum brother,

I think the best explaination of what will happen to them is to say that muslims believe to enter paradise you must believe in The One true God, Allah, to explain that pious people before the time of the prophet saws will enter jannah though they were not exactly as we are, ie bani Israel.

explain that everyone has a chance to believe in the truth whether its because they chat to a pious muslim at work or visit islamic web sites and gain knowlage of islam there, isolated tribes who never meet a muslim will come accross the truth some how and Allahu alam.
what they do with that knowlage is what they'll be questioned about, if they decide islam is "too strict, too hard, too extreem" and turn away they are kufr, ie those who reject faith and the punishment for rejecting faith is the anger of your Creator and eternity in hell.

hopefully this will help to explain, rather than just saying, you'll burn in hell forever,

a difficult moment for me was when a non practising muslim friend asked me what would happen to her mother who had died several years before by committing suicide, very hard,

inshaallah Allah guide us all.
Reply

ummbilal
12-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by Abrar
You are wrong.Only disbelievers go to hell.people who have learned about Islam from authentic sources and then rejected it are going to hell,not all Non-Muslims.
i suggest you read "natural Instincts" by sheikh Abdullah Faisal
he explains that one of our natural instincts is to worship Allah alone, which is why shirk is unforgivable by allah except for those who repent.
Reply

Tasneem
12-06-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by mariamq
Actually from what i was taught, If you have never ever been in contact with a muslim and have never heard about islam then Allahualam... But i dont think that there is a place where this would happen. Allah knows best.
Thats not true because if u really believed in god then Allah would have guided u to the straight way.
:w:
Reply

Tasneem
12-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Abrar
You are wrong.Only disbelievers go to hell.people who have learned about Islam from authentic sources and then rejected it are going to hell,not all Non-Muslims.
:sl:
If u know about islam if you've heard about it then u reject it that person will go to hell.
Allah will not accept any other religion other than islam.
So if a person dies without accepting islam then from what i have heard then they are going to Hell.If a person really believed thne Allah would have guided him or her.
:w:
Reply

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-07-2005, 01:48 AM
:sl:
I would encourage members to not advance their personal opinions/ideas/hearsay as the Islamic belief when they are not sure on the topic. It is established by the consensus of Muslim scholars that there are indeed people in the world who do not recieve the message of Islam and consequently will be judged according to their circumstances. Imaam Ibn Al-Qayyim said concerning non-muslims who did not recieve the message of Islam:
We cannot rule whether such people are believers or unbelievers, because disbelieving means to deny something, while in their case, they did not know about the message from the first instance. As they were neither believers nor unbelievers, they should have a different ruling on the Day of Judgment.

Even if we were to say that they are unbelievers, then we would still have to say that the precondition for unbelievers to be punished in the Hereafter has not been ralized in their case. They have to be warned first. Allah will not punish people without a previous warning. This warning should be in the language that the person understands. (Tarîq al-Hijratayn and Ahkâm ahl al-Dhimmah)
Wallahu 'alam.
:w:
Reply

libyanhero
12-07-2005, 02:08 AM
Originally Posted by cheese
:sl:
i just replied to a post in a thread started by a non-muslim (http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...it-second.html)

He wrote: Quick question here. I'm not a muslim, so I'm just wondering what the Islamic religion says will happen when I die.
Anyone care to tell me?

My reply: Simply, a person who dies as a non-muslim will have a very heavy punishment for committing the one sin that cannot be forgiven- disbelief in the oneness of Allah (God). The person will spend eternity in hell fire.

Sounds a little harsh doesnt it? I hope that you will continue to show interest in learning about Islam and become a believer, and be given the reward of paradise if you become a good Muslim. God is just. All Muslims will eventually enter paradise but those who sinned and die before they can ask for God's forgiveness will be punished too.

I found writing that reply distressing, to tell a person that unless they become a muslim they will spend eternity in hell fire. Does any body else have an experience in situations? How do you respond to them, personally?

:w:
sister you should do your best to learn about Islam its a solution to all problems faced by man in life, yet its purity, its guidance

Islam isn't just a religion, its the way of life

you seem to have a good intention and i hope inshallah your an openminded person, to answer your question about disbelievers going to hell Allah is just and most merciful we are not sure as to the disbelievers that never heard of the word Islam and died because its our obligation to give them dawah)invite them) so I am not sure about that but the disbelievers who don't believe in Allah and know the religion of islam yet are ignorant and constant in thier disbelief than yes I am sure they will be in hell.

Come debate us, if you would like I would be more than happy and I am sure the forum members would be delighted to answer your questions
Reply

Guardian
12-07-2005, 02:25 AM
I don't understand. So how much of Islam do you have to know of in order to reject it? I mean there are many people in the United States, for example, whom have heard of the Muslim religion but remain Christian because that is what their parents believed in. Thus they do not bother to find out more about the religion. Would they be rejecting Islam in this case?

Another question, is it our obligation to tell them of Islam? I would rather they not know because if they did, they might end up rejecting the idea. I would rather that they get judged under different circumstances. After all, think about it logically - No matter how much Islam makes more sense and is obvious that it is the right religion, not many people will give up the religion that they have grown up believing is true and who's parents and loved ones also believe its true.

I have many non-muslim friends and the thought that they would be going to hell pains me greatly. :unhappy:
Reply

libyanhero
12-07-2005, 02:46 AM
thats the same ideology that goes on with cultures these days not many muslims are acceptive of a marriage with someone from a different culture but that is so wrong, and muslims need to go back and fix thier religion cuz islam has no boundaries

it doesnt matter what your parents are besides if your in love you would probably choose your wife over your parents for disbelievers because we in islam are still ought to keep contact and keep good relations with our parents and take care of them even though we are married but disbelievers dont have that obligation and some end up choosing their wives over their parents and lose respect for them so if thats possible why isnt the most important possession in your life that you would own not more important than what you been raised as?

in other words, if you can let go of your parents during marriage and love your wife over your parents than why isnt the true religion decreed by Allah more important that your parents?
Reply

Guardian
12-07-2005, 03:10 AM
I don't know about that. Blood is thicker than water. I know that if I was in a position where I had to choose between a wife or between my family, I would choose my family. I know that regardless of what happens, I want to end up with my family in the end - regardless of wether that ends up being hell or heaven. I am just fortunate that Allah has allowed me to be born into a Muslim family. However, had I not been, I do not think I would have converted no matter how much the Muslim religion made sense. I would not have done it because I would rather go to hell with my family than to heaven alone. I'm sure there are many people who feel the same way and will not convert for the same reason. That is why I am asking the questions that I asked above. Thank you in advance for any responses you can give me.
Reply

libyanhero
12-07-2005, 03:22 AM
However, had I not been, I do not think I would have converted no matter how much the Muslim religion made sense. I would not have done it because I would rather go to hell with my family than to heaven alone.
Thats ignogrance right there, if you had know what hell would feel like you would have thrived to escape as much as you can

take this for instance: If your family jumped in a lava, would you go jump I don't think so and hell is 70 000 times hotter than whats on earth
Reply

Guardian
12-07-2005, 03:28 AM
Originally Posted by libyanhero
Thats ignogrance right there, if you had know what hell would feel like you would have thrived to escape as much as you can

take this for instance: If your family jumped in a lava, would you go jump I don't think so and hell is 70 000 times hotter than whats on earth
If I loved my family enough I would. Knowing that I am with them might give them the strength to endure the lava. Besides, would you really think heaven would be all that much greater with you in it knowing your family is burning in lava. Would you really feel rightous eating food knowing your family is starving. Would you really want to be seperated from those you love for all eternity? Even though I would be jumping into lava, I know I am beside the people that I care about. That love alone will get me to do it.
Reply

libyanhero
12-07-2005, 03:34 AM
YOu know there is a verse in the quran which basically says would you like to eat you and your family fire which basically means your duty after reverting would be to convince your family as much as you can and whatever else is solely for Allah. So you have the option of saving your family or sinking with them
Reply

*charisma*
12-07-2005, 03:34 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I don't know about that. Blood is thicker than water. I know that if I was in a position where I had to choose between a wife or between my family, I would choose my family. I know that regardless of what happens, I want to end up with my family in the end - regardless of wether that ends up being hell or heaven. I am just fortunate that Allah has allowed me to be born into a Muslim family. However, had I not been, I do not think I would have converted no matter how much the Muslim religion made sense. I would not have done it because I would rather go to hell with my family than to heaven alone. I'm sure there are many people who feel the same way and will not convert for the same reason. That is why I am asking the questions that I asked above. Thank you in advance for any responses you can give me.
Rather you should think of who created them for you? and if they are on an incorrect path to try and help guide them. Besides if you do make it to Jannah..u might get a chance to see them if you ask of Allah's permission :).

I don't understand. So how much of Islam do you have to know of in order to reject it? I mean there are many people in the United States, for example, whom have heard of the Muslim religion but remain Christian because that is what their parents believed in. Thus they do not bother to find out more about the religion. Would they be rejecting Islam in this case?
I believe that those who do seek a righteous religion are led to Islam one way or another because they are seeking it from the heart and willing to find the truth so Allah will guide them. However, those who are, like you say, know about Islam but remain Christian only because of their parents sake or because their parents are Christian arent really seeking guidance or a religion at that, meaning they would go with the flow, accept whatever to be accepted lol

Another question, is it our obligation to tell them of Islam? I would rather they not know because if they did, they might end up rejecting the idea. I would rather that they get judged under different circumstances. After all, think about it logically - No matter how much Islam makes more sense and is obvious that it is the right religion, not many people will give up the religion that they have grown up believing is true and who's parents and loved ones also believe its true.
I have many non-muslim friends and the thought that they would be going to hell pains me greatly.
The thing with Islam is you are supposed to spread the knowledge, if you know something good why not spread it? Take this as an example: lets say you were taking a test in class or something and you were allowed to use notes so its like an open note test... however your friend was absent prior to that day and didnt know of this information, why shouldnt you tell him? would you want him to fail. and lets say you did tell him but he didnt believe you because the teacher never ever gives out open note tests so therefore he is risking failure..would that be your fault??
its the same way in life, If you tell someone about Islam, they will gain curiousity and maybe not right away then will they convert but maybe along the lines in the future, or maybe they will pass that info to someone else that will know and convert others. If you care about ur friends, then dont hold back on giving them information that can make their lives better or rather secure their future. I wonder if your friends feel the same about you..you know like not wanting you to go to hell.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Reply

Malaikah
12-07-2005, 03:35 AM
Originally Posted by libyanhero
sister you should do your best to learn about Islam its a solution to all problems faced by man in life, yet its purity, its guidance

Islam isn't just a religion, its the way of life

you seem to have a good intention and i hope inshallah your an openminded person, to answer your question about disbelievers going to hell Allah is just and most merciful we are not sure as to the disbelievers that never heard of the word Islam and died because its our obligation to give them dawah)invite them) so I am not sure about that but the disbelievers who don't believe in Allah and know the religion of islam yet are ignorant and constant in thier disbelief than yes I am sure they will be in hell.

Come debate us, if you would like I would be more than happy and I am sure the forum members would be delighted to answer your questions
:sl:

Thanks! but i dont intend to debate anyone,:peace: i just wanted to know how others felt about this kind of thing. Alhamdulilah i have already learned a lot more than i expected to when i started this thread.

i think some people have been annoyed by what i first posted, sorry that wasnt my intention at all to offend any one:-[ , and please next time you jump at me and tell me "you are wrong", support your claim!

:w:
Reply

*charisma*
12-07-2005, 03:37 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

If I loved my family enough I would. Knowing that I am with them might give them the strength to endure the lava. Besides, would you really think heaven would be all that much greater with you in it knowing your family is burning in lava. Would you really feel rightous eating food knowing your family is starving. Would you really want to be seperated from those you love for all eternity? Even though I would be jumping into lava, I know I am beside the people that I care about. That love alone will get me to do it.
Do you love your family more than that Who created them, Allah?

If I loved my family enough I would. Knowing that I am with them might give them the strength to endure the lava. Besides, would you really think heaven would be all that much greater with you in it knowing your family is burning in lava. Would you really feel rightous eating food knowing your family is starving. Would you really want to be seperated from those you love for all eternity? Even though I would be jumping into lava, I know I am beside the people that I care about. That love alone will get me to do it.
btw is ur family muslim?? either way u can ask just the opposite..how can ur family stand knowing that you will be eating from Allahs beautiful fruits and standing under his shade and not caring for anything because you are 100% cared for?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Reply

*charisma*
12-07-2005, 03:49 AM
Assalamu Alaikum dear sis :D

Thanks! but i dont intend to debate anyone, i just wanted to know how others felt about this kind of thing. Alhamdulilah i have already learned a lot more than i expected to when i started this thread.

i think some people have been annoyed by what i first posted, sorry that wasnt my intention at all to offend any one , and please next time you jump at me and tell me "you are wrong", support your claim!
tis ok inshallah all but khair,
We all learn better from our mistakes by having someone tell us how to correct them or correcting them ourselves, than having a mistake and keeping it there.

Keep asking
and well answer to the best of our ability inshallah

and when talking to nonmuslims u have to have A LOT of patience...wallah sometimes i wonder how bro. Ansar does it mashallah
and you should always provide resources and keep positive thoughts dont let the ignorant or blind aggrivate you..its not worth it..
and if you dont know something soo well, then dont make something up just say that you are not sure and search for the answer so that next time it can be provided inshallah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Reply

Guardian
12-07-2005, 03:50 AM
I'm sorry, I did not mean to prove a debate here. I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel to this situation. Its just a dead end. Ether you are tormented mentally in heaven knowing that your family is in hell or you are tormented physically in hell.
But anyways, my main question was simply regarding weither those people whom do not seek for information about Islam but have just simplily "heard" of it would burn in hell for not choosing to learn more. Like I said, I'm sorry if I have offended any of you.
Reply

*charisma*
12-07-2005, 03:56 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I'm sorry, I did not mean to prove a debate here. I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel to this situation. Its just a dead end. Ether you are tormented mentally in heaven knowing that your family is in hell or you are tormented physically in hell.
But anyways, my main question was simply regarding weither those people whom do not seek for information about Islam but have just simplily "heard" of it would burn in hell for not choosing to learn more. Like I said, I'm sorry if I have offended any of you.
ah no no no ekhi u have not offended anyone..and im not really debating im just trying to educate you more about islam :)
plz forgive me if i came on too strong about this, i did not, its just i remember when i was younger and i had the same thoughts as you did, but as you get older and more knowledgable about the things around you, you start to understand life.

for your question, those who have been educated about Islam, or know something about it..like get the message and refuse it, in Islam it is said that they will be punished for rejecting the truth
however if they are ignorant about Islam, Only Allah knows how they will be handled in such a situation.
but if you know someone that doesnt know much about Islam, you should as a muslim tell that person and educate them about Islam :)

and once again i apoligize ekhi
plz forgive me inshallah
barak Allah feek

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Reply

Guardian
12-07-2005, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
plz forgive me if i came on too strong about this, i did not, its just i remember when i was younger and i had the same thoughts as you did, but as you get older and more knowledgable about the things around you, you start to understand life.
I just wanted to ask - If you don't mind responding - what did you learn that made you feel better about the situation? I mean, when I first learned that almost all my friends and almost everyone I see on a dayly basis is going to hell because they are not muslim, it depressed me to no end. This was 7 years ago. Now (im 23), and I am still very depressed about it. Will you please tell me, what you learned about life that made you not feel so about about this? I'm asking you this as an honest question - im not trying to make you feel guilty or anything so please don't think that.
Reply

Eric H
12-07-2005, 07:39 AM
Greetings Guardian, I feel your anxiety I was feeling the same kind of thing thirty years ago as a Christian

We have the same kind of dilemma in Christianity, and this is the reason people often leave because in the end it feels like our God is a condemning God.

I have been coming to Islamic boards for about a year, and so far nothing has touched my heart to turn me to Islam, so in the eyes of many Muslims I am condemned to hell.

Somehow and for some reason the God you worshiped created me and he gave me faith through Christianity, he has given you your faith through Islam, others are Hindu, Jew, and any number of other faiths.

We are all God’s children and you have to ask did God create all of us with the intention that we should compete against each other with our faith? Or should we somehow seek love and relationships despite our differences?

If you had ten children and they grew up in different faiths would you condemn them to hell by disowning them, or would you continue to love them and hope that they would love each other despite their differences? We can try and guide them but in the end they choose their faith or non-faith role in life.

The same God who created all of us has a plan for all of us, and he is more forgiving and merciful than we are.

Anyone who has an opinion about God could be called a theologian, and it has been said that theologians reveal very little about God rather they reveal more of what is in their own heart.

In the spirit of seeking interfaith friendship through diversity

Eric
Reply

Silver Pearl
12-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings Guardian, I feel your anxiety I was feeling the same kind of thing thirty years ago as a Christian

We have the same kind of dilemma in Christianity, and this is the reason people often leave because in the end it feels like our God is a condemning God.

I have been coming to Islamic boards for about a year, and so far nothing has touched my heart to turn me to Islam, so in the eyes of many Muslims I am condemned to hell.

Somehow and for some reason the God you worshiped created me and he gave me faith through Christianity, he has given you your faith through Islam, others are Hindu, Jew, and any number of other faiths.

We are all God’s children and you have to ask did God create all of us with the intention that we should compete against each other with our faith? Or should we somehow seek love and relationships despite our differences?

If you had ten children and they grew up in different faiths would you condemn them to hell by disowning them, or would you continue to love them and hope that they would love each other despite their differences? We can try and guide them but in the end they choose their faith or non-faith role in life.

The same God who created all of us has a plan for all of us, and he is more forgiving and merciful than we are.

Anyone who has an opinion about God could be called a theologian, and it has been said that theologians reveal very little about God rather they reveal more of what is in their own heart.

In the spirit of seeking interfaith friendship through diversity

Eric
Greetings Eric,

I do understand what you mean but As muslims we don't see God as our father, He is the creator. By stating that we are his 'children' not only are you commiting a sin in Christianity because God should not be attributed to partners you also have elevated our statues as human beings. I say this because humans are weak in terms of what we can do. Can we create anything from nothing? no....How can we then be so blasphemous and say God has a partner? because that is the implication given here. Anyhow this isn't a debate on our differences, sorry but perhaps if you do get the time it'd be good for you to share your views :)

Most of the time people who give up religion is not because they feel that God is unjust or what not but in society it is all about fitting the 'crowd' Also because most of the time people can't be bothered to pray, go to mosque/church/synogogue or where ever. It apparantely consumes their valuable time.

Guardian-Why get depressed over something you have no control over? Don't get me wrong i know exactly how you feel, even now i still feel that way but i try not to dwell on it and become unjust in what i say. All human beings are capable of being able to distinquish the right from wrong apart from those whom God has made incapable of such thing. You can tell your friends about the truth and Islam but at the end of the day you can't force them. Only Allah (swt) guides those who wish to be guided. I mean i have relatives who are far from Islam but all you can do is just pray.

God does not become unjust simply because we humans are so arrogant and too lazy to do couple of hours of worship and do what is good.

:w:
Reply

*charisma*
12-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

just wanted to ask - If you don't mind responding - what did you learn that made you feel better about the situation? I mean, when I first learned that almost all my friends and almost everyone I see on a dayly basis is going to hell because they are not muslim, it depressed me to no end. This was 7 years ago. Now (im 23), and I am still very depressed about it. Will you please tell me, what you learned about life that made you not feel so about about this? I'm asking you this as an honest question - im not trying to make you feel guilty or anything so please don't think that.
Subhanallah, i rewrote this like 3 times; they were very long each time, but just to sum it all up:

What did i learn about life?? Life is the shortest time you will ever come upon. The hereafter is much longer, it is eternity. How long do we live, i mean whats the longest, 100 years maybe?? divide that by infinity it will come out as zero..that is how much this life is worth next to the afterlife.
Why hold on to a second that was not meant for you, when you can own an eternity?

I Grew up not knowing who Allah was, what Quran was for, or why i had to learn Quran when i had no idea what i was reciting. I used to think that it was only old people that had to be religious because they were going to die soon so they had to be good and make their religious duties.

After a long time after, I became curious in learning more about my religion. I would find myself in the same state as you are..crying over people that i loved because i knew that they werent complying with the religion as they should be therefore they will be severly punished for it. After a while you know that its their choice and no matter how much you beg or tell them, only Allah can guide them. This is their choice and they will be trialed for it justly.

You have been given an occupation and duties to fulfil that occupation.
Everyone has. Islam is such an easy religion to follow, it is when you are distracted away from the truth, it becomes hard.

I know for a fact that right now you have a very low iman, because you are willing to give up your beliefs for the sake of worldly pleasures (your family) when they have not given up anything as great for you.

We see everything that has been created, yet when we are distracted by these things we forget about the creator. We expect that this creator will continue to create for us to keep us in pleasure...yet that is all that we expect and do we ever give back?

You end up with everything, without a higher status in your life, you are truly empty. Allah has given us everything that we need to comply with our duties, and ON TOP OF THAT he has given us everything we want. The least we can do is what He asks of us, and its not like he asks us to give up what we cannot give, He is so merciful and just that we are excused for soo many things and forgiven for so many things even when we are not aware.
"Which favors of thy Lord will ye deny?"

If your family knows about Paradise and Hell and what is done to be entered into them, then the rest is between them and Allah, dont be depressed over it.

I dont remember what the situation was, but a very gud friend of mine told me that she doesnt expect getting into jannah, and when i asked her about this she said no one should, because if we did we wont strive to do our best or please Allah, those who expect Jannah are most likely sinning, faith doesnt come out from just the shahada.
And Allah made it so that we sinned because that way we wont feel superior over each other, we can have humility, and we learn to ask for forgivness. If we were sinless we would never feel we were doing anything wrong, we would have to much pride, and there wont be any reason for life.

There are many things that turned my heals upon the path of righteousness and now and then i may take a wrong turn but once i realize this i walk right back upon where i was.

We are all created by One, and have One goal, but different paths.
For you to feel less depressed, i suggest you strengthen your iman, and to do this you have to look deep within yourself and do a lot of thinking, because you have some ignorance and are not clear upon how you are supposed to percieve life.
Also you say that you feel depressed knowing that your friends will go to hell.
Yet how do they feel about it, are they as depressed as you? on another note, you do not know how your friends will end up.. Only Allah does so why concern yourself with which you do not know?

sorry for this being so long...didnt intend it to be :-[


Fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Reply

Nawal89
12-07-2005, 09:45 PM
^Masha'Allah sister such wonderful words. Half of my family are christians too, And we've tried to give them da'wah but they are firm against islam. You get depressed but after a while you just accept that You cant guide whom you love, But Allah guides whome he wishes.
Reply

Guardian
12-08-2005, 02:51 AM
Thank you all for your responces. I'm sorry - I did not mean to waste your time with this.
Reply

Khadeejah
12-08-2005, 03:09 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakatu,
Guardian....Nothing in this world is our choice....Everything we do Allah swt has known since before our existance so to say that if your family werent muslim you dont think you would be is something I can understand but we must remember that no matter what if it is to be that you become muslim you will become.....point blank.....You could never have paid me to think I would EVER become muslim....or cover....because it was simply too hot and I would look stupid...And alhumdulilah I am now muslim.....Allah swt opens the hearts to whom he pleases....and covers the hearts of whom he pleases....no matter how hard you tried to make them muslim if their heart is veiled it will stay veiled......From what I have read on this thread it seems to be people to offense to others words because of personal opinions....and that puts an ill feeling in someones heart when they are somewhat offended and that is really good....Allahu Alim.....May Allah guide all!.Ameen
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakatu
Reply

*charisma*
12-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Thank you all for your responces. I'm sorry - I did not mean to waste your time with this.
passing down knowledge is never a waste of time for anyone..so stop apoligizing, really theres no need to, we're all just trying to help and I for one definately know that if it was a waste of time i wouldnt continue to respond..although if u need me to shut up lol i can do that too cuz i do tend to get carried away sometimes :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Reply

Halima
12-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum



..although if u need me to shut up lol i can do that too cuz i do tend to get carried away sometimes :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Well, that's what I'm here for. :)
Reply

libyanhero
12-08-2005, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=Khadeejah;124869]Nothing in this world is our choice/QUOTE]

Wailaykum Asalam,

I have to disagree with that sister, yes everything in this world is known to Allah but yes we do have choices than whats the point of living, we have a choice of right and of wrong, being conciese or unconcience, ignorant or openminded..etc
we choose from right and wrong, if I wanna go be a Muslim or Christian that is my choice and mine alone and Allah won't stop me even though he can because this was the point of Allah from the beginning. Allah guides him he wills but Allah also doesnt guide those who don't want to be guided rather Allah guides those whom want to be guided
Reply

*charisma*
12-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Well, that's what I'm here for. :)
yup yup, most defo, jazak Allah khair :)


I have to disagree with that sister, yes everything in this world is known to Allah but yes we do have choices than whats the point of living, we have a choice of right and of wrong, being conciese or unconcience, ignorant or openminded..etc
we choose from right and wrong, if I wanna go be a Muslim or Christian that is my choice and mine alone and Allah won't stop me even though he can because this was the point of Allah from the beginning.
Allah guides him he wills but Allah also doesnt guide those who don't want to be guided rather Allah guides those whom want to be guided

i think she meant like we dont have choice over the future or others. Not that we dont have control over our own lives lol...
but yea, Allah gave us a concience to help guide us..it is when your concience is weaker than the whispers of the devil you find yourself in a situation of questioning or wrong. Somethings that you have been born into believing are hard to let go of because all through your life you have made sense into why this must be true or that it is why it is, and when it doesnt make sense you will let go of it and search for something else.

Allah guides him he wills but Allah also doesnt guide those who don't want to be guided rather Allah guides those whom want to be guided
that is precisely correct, another reason why people arent guided, they think they already know the truth, when all they know is that boundry of the truth or statement, never looking beyond it. so technically they arent searching for guidance and they arent guided. *thats when us muslims step in :D*

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Reply

truthseeker63
12-07-2013, 08:28 AM
WS speaking for myself being that I was raised a Non Muslim and became a Muslim I would say that since Muslim Men can Marry a Jewish or Christian Woman that being a Muslim Convert or Revert and dealing with the thought of you're Non Muslim Family going to Hell is the same as a Muslim Man with a Non Muslim Wife She may go to Hell or a Muslim who may know or like or respect certain Non Muslims or maight have a few as Personal Friends or whatever. Anyway I would choose my Wife/Spouse over my Family thats if I was Married Im single after all anyway thats just my view or opinion. Anyone else feel like me thank you ?
Reply

greenhill
12-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
i just replied to a post in a thread started by a non-muslim (http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...it-second.html (Wait a second....))

He wrote: Quick question here. I'm not a muslim, so I'm just wondering what the Islamic religion says will happen when I die.
Anyone care to tell me?


My reply: Simply, a person who dies as a non-muslim will have a very heavy punishment for committing the one sin that cannot be forgiven- disbelief in the oneness of Allah (God). The person will spend eternity in hell fire.

Sounds a little harsh doesnt it? I hope that you will continue to show interest in learning about Islam and become a believer, and be given the reward of paradise if you become a good Muslim. God is just. All Muslims will eventually enter paradise but those who sinned and die before they can ask for God's forgiveness will be punished too.

I found writing that reply distressing, to tell a person that unless they become a muslim they will spend eternity in hell fire. Does any body else have an experience in situations? How do you respond to them, personally?

It's a very bitter medicine to prescribe indeed. Can't think of a better and more concise way of putting it. I think I like it. I remember not being able to tell my 'best friend' in my junior school this fact. Just couldn't bring myself to do so and it ate me up for a very long time indeed, (there was a post about this in the thread "burn in hell" I think).

Peace :shade:
Reply

muslimah bird
12-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Only disbelievers go to hell.people who have learned about Islam from authentic sources and then rejected it are going to hell,not all Non-Muslims.
I second that.Allah has already said he doesnt punish someone until a messenger has warned them.(Every time a group is cast therein, its keeper will ask: "Did no warner come to you'' They will say: "Yes, indeed a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: `Allah never sent down anything (of revelation); you are only in great error.''') (67:8-9) And,
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 08:36 PM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-21-2006, 12:25 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 05:24 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 02:36 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!