/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some new creations

akulion
12-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Salam Alaikum

Insha'Allah this is the correct section to post this in.

Here are two images I made a while back thought I would share it with everyone.

You are more than welcome to use them and feel free to remove the "Path To Peace" branding in the corner if you want. If you dont have knowledge of any photo editing programs and would still like to use the images on your websites or wherever you can e-mail me for your own site specific versions.
These images are completely free for use as long as they are used for propogation of Islam and not included in any services which require payment (i.e. selling images or paid membership sites or paid e-card sites)
The images themselves were compiled using images or part of images from different sites around the web and are copyright free.
Have fun:peace:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sapphire
12-05-2005, 12:32 PM
wow mashallah...jazakallah for sharing with us......

hasib
12-05-2005, 07:26 PM
:sl:

What software did you use to make that ??

:w:

Khadeejah
12-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa BAraakatu,
Jazaak Allahu Khair for sharing inshaAllah many people can benfit from them
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa BAraakatu

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
12-05-2005, 07:50 PM
walikum salam
and wiyakum

bro i didnt make the images from scratch but in fact i took a multitude of images and combined them using adobe photoshop. It did require a lot of editing the original imagees since they were either integrated into other images or had writing on them

Adobe Photo shop is a very powerful software and if you can learn layer functions you can literally take 10 images and make a totally new image out of them. Its pretty cool

hasib
12-05-2005, 09:48 PM

what version do you have ??

akulion
12-05-2005, 10:57 PM
I am still using 7.0 or 8.0 (the one right before CS, I dont remember the version). I do have CS but its very heavy. And to be honest in the newer versions the differences from the previous versions are very small things which only REALLY REALLY professional people would use in most cases

hasib
12-05-2005, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
I am still using 7.0 or 8.0 (the one right before CS, I dont remember the version). I do have CS but its very heavy. And to be honest in the newer versions the differences from the previous versions are very small things which only REALLY REALLY professional people would use in most cases
Masha'Allah thats great :)

I like the art its neat..

hasib
12-06-2005, 12:50 AM

I have version 7.0. Could you show me how the layering works ?

akulion
12-06-2005, 02:06 AM
insha'Allah bro I will write out a simple tutorial for you and either PM it to you or email it to you.
Insha'Allah soon..its not very complicated to learn it, but doing the work takes hours

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-06-2005, 04:17 PM

mashallah, thats some nice work. Maybe you can make a tutorial for it?

akulion
12-09-2005, 04:27 PM
salam alaikum

ok here is a small tutorial i threw together in the last 20 mins
so its just a silly thing but it will help people grasp the idea of layers and layer masking.

our final product will be this image:

And to create it we will use 5 images which are listed below (click to view them:
http://www.geocities.com/ak44ak/img1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/ak44ak/img2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/ak44ak/img3.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/ak44ak/img4.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/ak44ak/img5.jpg

once you download the images
Fire up photoshop and open image "img2.jpg"

now go to the menu item called "Window" and under it select "Layers"
A new window will popup on the side - this is the layers window.
Currently you will notice the purple desert image is the only layer there.
To add a new layer simply SHIFT + CTRL + N
Now note a new layer has been added on top of the desert image but is empty. - This is how to add new layers. Layers are like pieces of plastic on top of one another. What is underneath can be seen unless you put an image on the layer.

Now open image "img1.jpg" and press CTRL + A to select all and CTRL + C to copy it Click on the desert image (we can call it our base image for easy reference)
Once you click the base image, press CTRL + V, this will paste the image of the woman on top of the desert pic. Note this image is automatically placed on a new layer.

Now do the same with image "img5.jpg" and then "img4.jpg" and finally "img3.jpg" (the same procedure as was for img1.jpg.

Note in the layers that each image will be placed on top of the one before it. Always remember that to edit an image placed in a layer you must click on that layer in the layer window and then work on the image.

ok next thing we wana do is play around with layers a little so that we feel comfortable with them.
Click on each layer one by one and move your select tool on the image surface, note that only 1 image will move and the rest will remain where they are. That is because each image is on a seperate layer.
So if you paint or do anything to a single layer the rest wont be effected at all.

Now finally lets get started on the hard parts.

Select the image of the woman's head and select from your file menu ---> LAYER---> ADD LAYER MASK ---> REVEAL ALL
notice in the layers window a small frame appears next to the image. This is the layer mask. Basically the mask is similar to a mask we use in real life. It allows us to hide some parts while show other parts. Always remember that selecting the layer mask frame will allow you to make changes to the mask, but if you select the image frame u can paint over and do things to the image without the mask being applied.

The REVEAL ALL layer mask works with the paint brush tool. When you select the white color (using your platellet) it will 'unhide' things you paint over.
When you select the black color it will 'hide' what is painted over.
Now using the black color paint the white areas around the womans head so that only the head remains with the hijab and the white boundary is gone.

Now repeat the layers step for each image in sequence,
- the woman in the super market: paint over her upper body and white surroundings only leaving the bottom half of her skirt intact
- the mans body: leaving his body but painting over all the rest of the things so that only the body remains
- and the dog image: only leaving the sign

Once you have done that u are ready to start arranging the images and resizing them.
To resize
From menu select --> EDIT ---> TRANSFORM ---> SCALE (to resize images)

Resize the woman image (in super market) to match the size of the mans body image and place it on the bottom part so it looks like a skirt worn with a shirt/jacket.

Resize the head of the woman to match the size of the mans body and place it over his neck.

Resize the dog sign to match the size of the body and then do EDIT---> TRANSFORM ---> ROTATE and rotate the image to the correct angle (as we want it to be shown in the final image)

Once all that is done - just arrange things around by resizing, moving and rotating until u get ur final image or desired results.

Finally once you are done, select LAYERS ---> FLATTEN IMAGE

and then select FILE ---> SAVE AS
select the correct file type (jpg in our case)
and name the file and save
there u go ur new image ready from 5 different images.

Ofcourse this is a very hastily written tutorial with a silly example of an image.
But if you try and follow it u will get a good work out on layers and masks.

If you need further help just go to google.com and type in "adobe photoshop tutorials" and you will find 1000's of them on the net on every aspect of photoshop.

Phew..ok now im gona go layer my tummy with some food lol
Aku

Z
12-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Salaam.

Gee, where's her right hand gone to?

Muezzin
12-09-2005, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
Salam Alaikum

Insha'Allah this is the correct section to post this in.

Here are two images I made a while back thought I would share it with everyone.

Nice design bro!

One thing - you wrote 'tennants' where it should be 'tenet'. The latter word is what you mean; 'tenant' is someone who has to pay to stay on a landlord's property ;)

Here, 'Resserection' should be 'Resurrection'.

Really nice designs though. :peace: :thumbs_up :bravo:

mariamq
12-10-2005, 02:02 AM
Mashallah thaty is really nice...

akulion
12-10-2005, 03:57 AM
jazak Allah khair for the spelling corrections bro
I noticed another error I forgot to close the brackets after {Peace Be Upon Him]

lol grr so many error so little time

sapphire
12-11-2005, 06:33 PM
well the errors dont really matter do they...its really the message...and mashallah its real good.......

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.