/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question: Perfume, Burning Incense and Wearing Earrings

vpb
12-08-2005, 05:18 AM
Selam Alejkum,

I wanted to know if parfums (aftershaves) are allowed in Islam and the chinese thing (I dont know the name) that you light and as it burns (not with fire) it releases good aroma, I think you know what I am talking about.

and what about ear rings?

thx

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
vpb
12-08-2005, 05:20 AM
the thing about chinese is "incense burning sticks".

so are incense burning sticks allowed in Islam?

Nawal89
12-08-2005, 04:18 PM
^Yes. Isnt it similar to what the arabs use? Bakhur they call it or something? As far as my knowledge it's not Haram, Just a woman shouldnt go out smelling like it, or with any perfume on as matter of fact.

And about earrings, there are some hadeeths that mentioned the Sahabiyyaat wearing earrings. So yes it's allowed.

Mawaddah
12-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Assalamu'alaikum

It's allowed for a woman to wear perfume or to burn incense as long as she does not leave the house with the scent still on her clothes. There is a hadeeth where Rasulullah said "Whichever woman who has used incense then she should not attend the night prayer with us" (it's not exactly word for word) and also another hadeeth "If a woman wears perfume and then passes a man and he smells her scent, it is as if she has comitted zina"

So we can gather from this that it's allowed for a woman to wear perfume, only she must not let non mahram ment smell her

And about the earrings this is allowed also. For in the Hadeeth when RAsulullah gave the Eid khutbah it is mentioned "fa ja'alna yulqina bi aqraatininna" they started throwing him their earrings....

sorry, the word was "Aqraatihinna" with h not n

Wassalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
12-08-2005, 10:34 PM
what about the boys? are those things allowed?

Samee
12-08-2005, 11:43 PM
:sl:

Yes, Bakhoor is allowed in Islam. Many muslim males around the world do so actually.

Is it prescribed to put on perfume in Ramadaan?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible to wear perfume in Ramadaan and that does not invalidate the fast.

In Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (Fatwas of the Standing Committee) it says: All smells and fragrances in general, whether perfumes or otherwise, do not invalidate the fast in Ramadaan or at other times, whether the fast is obligatory or naafil.

The Committee also said: Whoever puts on any kind of perfume during the day in Ramadaan whilst fasting does not invalidate his fast, but he should not inhale incense or powdered fragrances such as musk.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 10/2

vpb
12-09-2005, 02:10 AM
sry for posting many times but I wanted to know it clearly,
are Muslims (MALES) allowed to wear gold ear rings?

may Allah be with you !

vpb
12-12-2005, 03:01 AM
I guess nobody answered to my question :-\

Safa
12-12-2005, 03:37 AM
:sl:

IN THE BASIS OF OUR RELIGION IS IT OKAY FOR MEN TO WEAR EARRINGS (WHETHER THAT BEING ONE OR SEVERAL) IN ISLAM AND IS IT OKAY FOR MEN TO WEAR JEWELREY WHICH IS SILVER AND NOT GOLD. I HOPE THAT THIS IS NOT A SILLY QUESTION BECAUSE A LOT OF THE MUSLIM MEN THAT I ASSOCIATE WITH WEAR EARRINGS. SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT THE MEMBERS OF THE PROPHET'S (P.B.U.H) TRIBE - THE QURAYSH USED TO WEAR EARRINGS IN THE OLDEN DAYS AND THAT IS WHY IT IS OKAY FOR US. COULD YOU PLEASE FIND OUT IF THIS IS TRUE AND GIVE ME A DEFINITE ANSWER. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Earrings and bracelets are forms of adornment for women, and Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed men who make themselves look like women and women who make themselves look like men.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5435).

Abu Hurayrah said: “The Messenger of Allaah cursed men who wear women’s clothes and women who wear men’s clothes.” (Reported by Abu Dawood in al-Sunan, Kitaab al-Libaas, Baab fi libaas al-nisaa’). On this basis, it is not permitted for men to wear earrings or nose-rings.

The claim that this is permissible because the people of Quraysh used to do that needs to be proven, in the first place, and where is the proof?

Secondly, even if they used to do this in the Jaahiliyaah (Time of Ignorance before Islam), Islam came and forbade men to wear the adornment of women or to make themselves look like them, as is clear from the ahadeeth quoted above. What matters is the ruling of Islam, not what Quraysh or other tribes may have done.

Thirdly, the kinds of female adornment known among Quraysh and others includes earrings, bracelets, anklets and bangles worn on the upper arm. The point is that these are known as forms of women’s adornment since ancient times.

Fourthly, Islam has given men sufficient scope to adorn themselves by allowing them to wear silver rings, as Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wore a ring made of silver, and the people did likewise. (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5417). Islam also allows men to wear gold and silver when necessary to replace a lost tooth or nose, and so on.

Finally, we would say that any Muslim man who wears jewellery is making himself look like the kuffaar, because this is known to be their style of adornment; the latest fashion among them is to wear earrings and the like in their ears, noses, lips, cheeks and other parts of the body (so-called “body-piercing”). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Reported by Abu Dawood, al-Sunan, Kitaab al-libaas, Bab libaas al-shuhrah).

Whoever does this should repent to Allaah and not engage in the futile defence of falsehood. He should be distinct in both his personality and his dress from the kuffaar, as Islam has commanded us to be. Allaah is the One Who guides to the Straight Path.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

I hope this helps.

:w:

mehnaz
12-12-2005, 04:22 AM
salaam,
MashAllah some very beneficial posts here....jazakAllah khair...
w'salaam

------
11-08-2007, 12:22 PM
:salamext:

Guys aren't allowed to wear Silk or Gold

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.