/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nearly 7,000 Chinese Muslim pilgrims ready for hajj in Saudi Arabia

sonz
12-08-2005, 08:51 AM
salama i think this is very cool

i hve never seen chinese muslims lol what u think???

Nearly 7,000 Chinese Muslim pilgrims ready for hajj in Saudi Arabia
font size ZoomIn ZoomOut

Some 6,900 Chinese Muslims will travel to Saudi Arabia on a pilgrimage which begins next January, claiming to be the largest group since 1979, when China resumed sending Hajj delegations.

"The chartered flights to Mecca have increased from 15 to 20 this year due to the sharp expansion of pilgrims," said Chang Qingliang, an official with the Islamic Association of China (IAC).

From December 15 to 27, these flights will directly fly from four Chinese cities to Saudi Arabia.

Except Kunming, a city in southwest China, the other three flights starting from Beijing, Lanzhou and Urmqi, are all located in north China, where most Chinese Muslims reside.

China has more than 20 million Muslims.

A 43-member delegation send by the IAC arrived in Saudi Arabia last month as service providers for the nearly 7,000 Chinese pilgrims.

"We rented another four buildings for pilgrims, which could accommodate thousands of people for lodging," said Chang.

Chang also put security work as a top concern for the coming Hajj. "We not only reiterated strict management rules to participants, but gave each member a local mobile phone for easier tracking," Chang said.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Raindrop~
12-08-2005, 08:54 AM
salaam
jazakallah for sharing bro. :)
you've never seen chinese muslims???? where have you been hiding?
wassalaam

MetSudaisTwice
12-09-2005, 10:01 AM
salam
subhanallah! may allah continue to increase the number of muslims among the world
wasalam

Zuko
12-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Masha'allah... So many muslims, and only from China! I wish I could do hajj this year...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bint-Al-Islam
12-09-2005, 03:03 PM
As-salam alekum wr wb
MashaAllah i never know that "China has more than 20 million Muslims."
I have met Chinese but not Chinese Muslims..
JZK 4 sharing this article.
ws wr wb

Nawal89
12-09-2005, 04:33 PM
I saw some chinese Muslims when i went for hajj 3 years ago. Subhanallah i've never seen any chinese Muslims other than that time though.

hidden_treasure
12-14-2005, 02:41 PM
ahhhh, thats the beauty of Islam...we come from all walks of life...we are white, black, brown, speak different languages, eat different food, but all worship the One God...Allah...

ALLAHU AKBAR

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.