/* */

PDA

View Full Version : [General Article] Who really Loves The Prophet Muhammad saws?

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-04-2005, 05:11 PM
In recent times, many sects have distorted the Islamic beliefs concerning the Prophet Muhammad saws. They have disobeyed this hadith:

Sahih Bukhari
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 654:

Narrated 'Umar:

I heard the Prophet saying, "Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a Slave. So, call me the Slave of Allah and His Apostle."

Many groups do this on the claim that they love the Prophet Muhammad saws. This article deals with this claim:
Loving the Messenger of Allah - An Obligation

The Messenger of Allah, Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) was born in Makkah during*the month of Rabe'i al-Awwal. Scholars differ regarding his exact birth-date but they all*
agree that it was on Monday, as is mentioned in an authentic Hadeeth.

Rabe'i al-Awwal sparks off the debate whether the 12th Rabe'i al-Awwal (the Prophet's*
assumed day of birth) should be celebrated or not. And if it is celebrated, then how should*
the celebrations be?

Celebrations are part of the complete religion (Deen), and thus complete guidance on the
days and manner of celebration is found in the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of the*
Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam).

Those who insist on celebrating Mawlid, claim that those who do not follow them in*
celebrating Mawlid, do not love the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam).

In Islam, claims carry no weight in themselves, unless they are backed by Proofs. The*
stronger the Proof, the stronger the claim. Allah, the Exalted mentioned in the Qur'aan the claim of some of the misguided, who said:

“None will enter Paradise, unless he be a Jew or a Christian”*

Allah questioned them, saying - “Produce your Proof (Burhaan) if you are truthful”. [Soorah al-Baqarah (2): 11]*

Thus, this verse gives the principle of judging a claim. Furthermore, Allah explicitly points out to the acceptable proof (Burhaan), that justifies a claim. He said: “O Mankind! There has come to you a convincing proof (Burhaan - Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam)) from your Lord and We sent down to you a manifest light (this Qur'aan).” [Soorah an-Nisa (4): 174]

Consequently, Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) is the Burhan (Proof) and the Criterion and thus every claim has to be supported with strong proofs from his Sunnah (Way).*

Loving the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), is obligatory for every Muslim. It is the proof of one's Faith. A believer has to love him (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) more than everything else, as the Qur’aan says:

“Say: If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline, and the dwelling in which you delight are dearer to you than Allah and His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) and striving hard and fighting in His cause, then wait until Allah brings about His Decision (torment). And Allah guides not the people who are disobedient.” [Soorah At-Tawbah (9): 24]

Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “None of you truly believes until I am more beloved to him than his father, his child and all of mankind.” [Bukharee and Muslim]*

Once, Umar Ibn Khattab (radhi allahu anhu), made a statement to Allah's Messenger: “O Messenger of Allah! You are more beloved to me than anything except my own self.” Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) remarked saying: “No, by the One in Whose Hand is my soul, not until I am more beloved to you than your own soul.” Umar (radhi allahu anhu) then declared his love for the Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) saying: “By Allah, now you are more beloved to me them my own soul.” Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) then informed him that he had the complete and correct faith.” [Saheeh Bukharee]* [TOP]

What is LOVE?*

Love of Allah and His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) refers to complete submission to their orders and commandments. Allah says in the Qur'aan: “Say (O Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam)): 'If you truly love Allah then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins.” [Soorah al-Imraan (3): 31]

And Allah has described the hypocrites as disobedient to Allah and His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam): “They (hypocrites) say: “We have believed in Allah and in the Messenger and we obey’, then a party of them turn away thereafter, such are not believers.” [Soorah An-Nur (24): 47]

He also said: “But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you judge in all disputes between them and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” [Soorah an-Nisa (4): 65]

“The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allah (His Words: the Qur'aan) and His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) to judge between them, is that they say: 'We hear and we obey'. It is such as these who will attain success.” [Soorah an-Noor (24): 51]

The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “All the people of my Ummah will enter Paradise except he who refuses.” The Companions (radhi allahu anhu) asked: 'Who refuses?' The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) explained: “He who obeys me will enter Paradise and he who disobeys me is as if he has denied me.” *[Saheeh Bukharee]

Once, a companion of the Messenger of Allah approached him and said: “I love you more than I love my family and get restless to see you, I run to you to have a glimpse of you but when I am reminded of my own death and yours, I am distressed to think that you will be in the company of Prophets (alaihi as-salaam) in high Heavens and I, if admitted to Heaven, would not be able to approach you and would be deprived of your sight.

On this occasion Allah revealed the following verse: “And those who obey Allah and the Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), they will be in the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophet, the Siddiqun (those followers of the Prophet who were first and foremost to believe in them, like Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (radhi allahu anhu)), the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are!” [Soorah an-Nisa (4): 69]

The revelation of the verse, on the declaration (expressions) of love towards Allah and His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), indicates the importance of love and clarifies it's meaning in the true sense i.e. Obedience.

Thus, love of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) should be accompanied by total submission.. In other words, faith (in Allah) and obedience to Allah's Messenger are inseparable. Allah says:

“O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger and make not vain your deeds.”* [(47): 33]

“He who obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah” [(4): 80]

“Whatsoever the Messenger gives you take it and whatsoever he forbids you refrain from it.” [(59): 7]*

Disobedience to Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) is a sign of hypocrisy and disbelief. Allah said: “Verily, those who disbelieve in Allah and His Messenger and wish to make a distinction between Allah and the Messenger saying, 'We believe in some but reject others' and wish to adopt a way in between. They are in truth disbelievers. And We have prepared for disbelievers a humiliating torment.” [Soorah an-Nisaa (4): 150]

“And let those who oppose the Messenger's commandments beware, lest some fitnah befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.” [Soorah Nur: 63]*
So in short, following the sunnah and abstaining from Bidah is true love of the Prophet saws.

And concerning the claim that Muhammad saws knew Ilm Al-Ghayb, one ayat is sufficient to refute this claim:

6:50 Say (O Muhammad, to the disbelievers): I say not unto you (that) I possess the treasures of Allah, NOR THAT I HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE UNSEEN; and I say not unto you: Lo! I am an angel. I follow only that which is inspired in me. Say: Are the blind man and the seer equal? Will ye not then take thought?

May Allah Guide us.

Your brother Ansar Al-'Adl

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
12-05-2007, 01:33 PM
:salamext:

*bump

“And those who obey Allah and the Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), they will be in the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophet, the Siddiqun (those followers of the Prophet who were first and foremost to believe in them, like Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (radhi allahu anhu)), the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are!” [Soorah an-Nisa (4): 69]
Subhaan Allaah ... :cry:

adeeb
12-24-2007, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
So in short, following the sunnah and abstaining from Bidah is true love of the Prophet saws.

May Allah Guide us.

Your brother Ansar Al-'Adl
so true brother, many sects said they love Muhammad but they love him trough wrong way... May He guide them all.:cry::cry:

only one way to show our love to Muhammad Sallallahualaihi wasallam, by read the hadiths and obey them.

Ibn_Idris
12-29-2007, 05:11 PM
the best way to show your love, is to act upon his teachings

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khayal
04-19-2008, 05:14 PM
:sl:

Wonderful sharing! jazaakAllaah khayr.

:w:

'Abdul Rahmaan
09-15-2009, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Once, Umar Ibn Khattab (radhi allahu anhu), made a statement to Allah's Messenger: “O Messenger of Allah! You are more beloved to me than anything except my own self.” Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) remarked saying: “No, by the One in Whose Hand is my soul, not until I am more beloved to you than your own soul.” Umar (radhi allahu anhu) then declared his love for the Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) saying: “By Allah, now you are more beloved to me them my own soul.” Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) then informed him that he had the complete and correct faith.” [Saheeh Bukharee]
Umar (radhi allahu anhu) then declared his love for the Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) saying: “By Allah, now you are more beloved to me then my own soul.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.