/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Eyes

Z
12-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Salaam. Peace and greetings everyone.

It's a trend I think, every few days whenever I come on, I always have to create a topic in this General Forum. I think I should be made Father of this forum, as my topics have created great discussions, learning points, and contributions to people's thoughts and opinions on this board. Some of them even go on till this very day! Kid you not.

Ok, enough of that.

Right, so since everyone here has registered online with this board using a computer, and can post topics and reply to posts and comments, I am pretty safe to assume that we can all see properly with our eyes right?

Now imagine, what would you do without this ability of being able to see?

For the last 3 days I have had some serious trouble, and just the worry of waking up and not being able to see properly each morning, I began to think what would it be like for those who haven't been given the blessing of being able to see at all? Yeah, we can all become sympathetic like this at times, but they'd be used to it I’m sure, but just think for a moment ... what if you was used to being blind, wouldn't you miss out on what you're seeing currently? (Spare the whole nonsensical thing of 'no, this world is full of fitnah with girls wearing next to nothing day in, day out ... 'yadda yadda'.)

Seriously, my life was coming to bits. I didn't care for anything; I just wanted the ability to see again. Although things are better now (alhamdulillah), the lesson has been learnt once again. We must appreciate what we have today, 'cause tomorrow we may never have it.

I am told the heart beats approximately 67 times a minute, and each time it wants to beat, it asks Allah first. Only after He commands it to beat once more, does it beat. If He was to say no, life would end for us. (Science is not my field of interest, correct me if this wrong, please.)

We all know that when you owe a person something, they can only wait for a certain amount of time before they get nasty on us. Let us think now, how much in dept are you of thanking Him, the ever Merciful?

(As with always, these topics of mines serve as reminders for myself. For you, they can be taken as anything. Interesting commentary if you insist.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nafy
12-08-2005, 06:31 PM
salaamz
jazakallah for sharing that with us bro...
wow.....its so true.... really gets u thinking subhanallah
thnx
w/salaamz

Halima
12-08-2005, 07:16 PM
:salamext:

Indeed very true. I say Alhamdulilah for the many blessings that Allah(swt) has honored me with. Most especially the eyesight. Subhanallah.

:wasalamex

Mawaddah
12-08-2005, 07:59 PM
I know what you mean brother, my eyesight sometimes troubles me very much and I wonder whether I will go blind and never be able to see anymore. Well, I know that I have no illness or anything alhamdulillah, but it's just at times when my eyes bother me, I feel even more grateful that I have been blessed with eyesight alhamdulillah.

A question I always think about sometimes, which is more valuable? hearing or eyesight? hmm....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
12-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I think both are very important, although when you cannot hear another sense is taken away from you and that is speech.
Either those who are blind have a greater hearing than those who can see and im pretty sure their reflexes are better and they have great memory.
And those who cannot hear, probably have a better eyesight than we do and are very observant to what we usually dont see.

so subhanallah either way Allah subhana wa ta'ala is Just in the way he has created all of us.. no one is overcreated or greater than the indivudual next to them.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Shadow
12-08-2005, 11:04 PM
:sl:

wow
good thread brother
i understand the moral
thanx for the post

cihad
12-09-2005, 02:45 PM
makes you think
and be grateful for what
you
have

Shadow
12-23-2005, 02:51 AM
:sl:
thanx for the reminder brother
:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.