/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice For Da Youth!!!

Mujahideen
12-08-2005, 09:20 PM
:coolious: salam broders and sis. dis is ma last year in school. i have only started practicin recently. its knda hard coz i go to a mixed skool. i c all ma friends hangin out doin da things i used to do. i sumtyms feel very weak but den i remember all ma oder broders and sistas strivin 4 Allah. can u give tips for da swanlea ummah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
samina1
12-08-2005, 09:30 PM
w.salam sis, iam very proud of wht ur doin with ur life and hw u changed it all around.. my advice to u is dont let da shidan get to u. and inshallah i will make dua for u.. allah will protect u from shidan.. jsut keep ur good relationship with allah....
wish u all da best..

Nawal89
12-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Remember that this dunya is only a test and if you thrive hard now you will get better rewards in the hereafter InshaAllah :D

Mujahideen
12-08-2005, 09:35 PM
its funny coz you can c da wisdom Allah behinds everything. it woz lyk we neva knew nothin bout Islam. then not only 1 of us but selective people who we weren't close to became close friends, started going prayer 2geda. startin hangin out. ALLAHU AKBAR

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mujahideen
12-08-2005, 09:54 PM
i tink that we as muslims don't realise the importance of having segregated skools. i mean tink bout dis. in my skool da teachers celebrate wen a boy or gal go out. and da people wu say things lyk 'jazakallah' da muslims students turn around and go WHAT!!

*charisma*
12-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

whoa lol lotz of slang
anywayz...

salam broders and sis. dis is ma last year in school. i have only started practicin recently. its knda hard coz i go to a mixed skool. i c all ma friends hangin out doin da things i used to do. i sumtyms feel very weak but den i remember all ma oder broders and sistas strivin 4 Allah. can u give tips for da swanlea ummah
I suggest keeping in du'a all the time and if you also educate others about islam even if you dont know much it will help you strengthen your faith in Allah
cuz you know through their questions..it will help you research the answers and you will gain a lot of knowledge.

Secondly, i am sure that going to Jannah and having that as your goal in life will strengthen your views upon whats fun,
now a days when i see nonmuslims in the wrong, like getting drunk is something they consider as "fun" it can really affect their lives in a big way
but other things that arent so serious u can ask yourself where would you rather enjoy them, here or jannah? inshallah that will help you repent from sinning and stuff. Maybe if you stayed away from those that might have a bad influenc will also help

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

*charisma*
12-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

edit

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

*charisma*
12-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

i tink that we as muslims don't realise the importance of having segregated skools. i mean tink bout dis. in my skool da teachers celebrate wen a boy or gal go out. and da people wu say things lyk 'jazakallah' da muslims students turn around and go WHAT!!
loooool...that is true
One of my teachers, was givin this boy some dating advice...
LOL it was hilarious
he was all like dont do corny things like hold the door for them cuz thats just "too formal" and as a first date take her to a movie that way you wont have to spend so much time together and have that awkward feeling, and if you dont have time to call her dont tell her when ur gonna call her cuz that will just leave her thinking..

and im going in my head
OMG is this really happening? lol it was hilarious!
but yea thats the kind of stuff you see at mixed schools

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Mujahideen
12-08-2005, 10:08 PM
its sad bcoz our broders an sistas r just followin da unislamic way. we had an iftar gatherin in our skool, sum of us broders and sistas organised it. guess wot, da senior teacher turned round and goes ' we r having too much stuff which are islamic. 4 christmas we should do a lot of things. lyk competetions' a student turned round and goes we should have a play of mary, isa (pbut)
ewww. wassalam

*charisma*
12-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

may Allah guide them ameen,
you know, i know its hard sometimes lol since ppl can get like japped on and singled out, but like when someone does that you should speak up, really i dont think anything can be "too Islamic" there is no limit to faith. When you speak out many people hear you and might comment and agree, and if they disagree, through your islamic knowledge you can help guide them to see the truth inshallah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Mujahideen
12-08-2005, 10:16 PM
i guess i'll try an do dat more often. lsten sis u got any stories of da tym u were young and tryin 2 practice islam

*charisma*
12-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

lol me??
umm yea..

heres a lil thing u can laugh at lol

i NEVER smile, when im walking in school like in the hallways cuz first of all i try to stay reserved, second of all it will keep people that i dont know from talking to me.. anywayz i never thought people actually notice that i dont smile cuz i mean im used to it and stuff so this one time when i smiled this girl i swear out of nowhere goes "girl its about time u smiled, you walk around here like your about to kill somebody" lol and i laughed,

then this other time i was just standing outside waiting to get picked up and this boy comes up to me and is all like hi my name is so and so who are you? and he puts out his hand like he wants me to shake it, so i go sorry i dont shake guys hands and i dont know u, and i dont really want to know u.. and his friend goes OOOOO man u got REJECTED or somethin like that im like going in my head when the heck is my mom gonna get here lol..

then theres this other time when i was waiting in line for lunch and this guy comes up and puts his elbow on my shoulder, and i go take ur arm off me and he goes are ya chillin? and im like take ur arm off me and then he goes are u chillin? by this time man i was pissed so i got TAKE UR FREAKIN HAND OFF ME RIGHT NOW! and so he kinda backs off and goes are u prejudice against black ppl, i was just askin if u was chillin so i go IM NOT PREJUDICE AGAINST ANYONE AND U DIDNT NEED TO PUT UR FREAKIN HANDS ON ME TO ASK ME ANYTHING. then he goes to his friend and is like yo shes prejudice lol..

so yea

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Mujahideen
12-08-2005, 10:36 PM
ha ha ha. good on ya sis

Mujahideen
12-08-2005, 10:38 PM
SHOUT:Any broders an sistas out der wu got stories wen dey were young an tryin 2 practice Islam

Mujahideen
12-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Aslamalykum. hey guys in January dawud Wharnsby is supposed to come to our skool through S.L.P. Have any of you guys got any ideas what we can do. not stalls and everything, we already done that for the Tsunami

- Qatada -
12-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

sis, if you want to put islam into practice - it might be eazia if you start learnin some of the factz and watz allowed and watz na allowed. so i'll jus give u an example.

when your walkin around in skool, u proli see alot of people staring at each other - malez and femalez. they probably walk upto each other and start chatin for no reason at all. so i'll just give you some rulingz on situationz like that insha Allaah.

the first point is that men and women arent allowed to talk to each other unless its necessary, this is so theres as less fitnah (temptations) as possible between both genderz. another thing thats really important is that men/guyz and women/gyalz aren't even supposed to look at each other, except if its a first glance by accident.

in the qur'an it says:

The Noble Qur'an - An-Nur 24:30

Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allâh is All-Aware of what they do.

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islâm), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

so from the above ayah/verse - it shows that you should lower your gaze/look down wheneva a person from the oppozite gender comes along. you dont need to talk to them unless its really important and if they think your weird, ignore them cz everyones gona get judged on it. so if they think yo weird now.. wait till the day of judgement - you'll realise how even somethin as small as that can save someone from the hell fire.

like think about it - you see on the tv when a guy/gyal says - "i fell in luv at first site.." do you really think that happens? most of the time it doesn't, its usualy that a guy/gyal sees the other person and keeps staring at them fo agez till they make themselves believe they've fallen fo that person. so instead of staring for ages, if a person lowers their gaze - they protecting themselves from an innocent look which could lead to a massive sin like zina (adultery.)

our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam said;

"... the second glance is from Shaitan."

another thing i want to put forward is that most people think of zina light heartedly in todays society.. in the qur'an it says:

"Those who invoke not, with God, any other god, nor slay such life as God has made sacred except for just cause, nor commit fornication; - and any that does this (not only) meets punishment. (But) the Penalty on the Day Of Judgement will be doubled To him, and he will dwell Therein in ignominy.

(The Noble Quran, 25:68-69)

the ayah/verse mentioned previously above also mentioned about the hijab - check this link out to find out more insha Allaah.

http://www.jannah.org/sisters/hijab.html

remember the hijab is important.. its fardh (compulsary) on the muslims and this is one of the things that protects people from staring at people from the oppozite gender insha Allaah.

finally, our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam said;

"Whoever can guarantee (the chastity of) what is between his two jaw-bones (the tongue) and what is between his two legs (the private parts), I guarantee Paradise for him." (Bukhari).

so whoever can keep his mouth clean/pure, from bad things like backbiting and swearing etc. and can protect their private parts.. that person is guaranteed paradise insha Allaah.

wa Allaah u a'lam. (and Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.)

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Mujahideen
12-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Jazakallah for the advice. am already wearing the hijab alhamdulilah. pray for me as our weak points are the free mixing. i know there is no excuse, but its hard when you have to work with boys and you have been freinds with them from before. sorry if i offended anyone

*charisma*
12-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Jazakallah for the advice. am already wearing the hijab alhamdulilah. pray for me as our weak points are the free mixing. i know there is no excuse, but its hard when you have to work with boys and you have been freinds with them from before. sorry if i offended anyone
believe me sis, ppl like them arent really worth it...
kind of refrain from the opposite gender, if you have to work with them ask to work with another group or something and if you cant then just make it stricty education.
The non muslims are so used to free mixing and stuff sometimes its hard for them to imagine that in Islam its not allowed, but you have to make sure that you keep a boundry between them and you-a big boundry.

and when someone tries to talk to you, dont be too "nice" be serious that way people usually get the idea and feel unconfortable so they cut the convo short and leave lol

and take in akhee's advice, his posts are beneficial mashallah..
there is no greater pleasure, than that of recieving rewards for pleasuring Allah :)-keep that in mind

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

libyanhero
12-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Well I have the wierdest stories and elhamdulillah I got boosted alot from them Islamically

Warning: Might not be suitable for younger children lol kidding

ok my story is ever since I started highschool girls been smiling and waving in the halls to me and I am like omg this school, kidding I use to say hi back I didn't care and never was thinking they were trying to get to me then another time some ----s do a walk in front of me, I am like "damn" lol no wallahi I am like whats this ****ty school I didn't care until this girl once came up to me and I talked to her for about two months and then I heard this rumour that "I asked her out," you wouldnt know how much I hate rumours and gossip so yah when I ended it with her well never told her I am not talking to you or anything but she couldnt talk to me, it was the wierdest experience ever and if I ask those so called friends whats wrong with her they act all wierd "F*** you you and you" and after I stopped talking to her she filled the hall way in front of my locker and it was packed with her and her buddies, I been trying to tell her to move away from my locker and take her friends and get out so one day i tell that to her friend "Oh! we had a chemistry test" I am like what the heck is with you people, don't you understand "We have no chemistry between each other," all I did is talk with her for 2 months and I get her following me throughout the whole school year and once she was trying to come by herself and talk to me but she couldnt i guess because her friends stopped her, how much I hate her gay friends, two of them were actually muslims and one of them is the good nice guy and the other the horny sick guy, That girl aslo a week after school finishes, clogs the phone for about two weeks with her phone calling and then closing, my dad was gonna call the cops, so I phoned and told my friend to tell her that then he acts like he doesnt know of anything.

Well that girl I told you about, I don't know about her fate anymore because I went to my sis wedding in the summer and all we did is talk and I can't believe I went through all this, I am like wow subhannallah. She broke my heart:'( :'( and now its time for me to break hers :raging: kidding,

well subhannallah thats when my Iman(Faith) was weak but I really didnt go out with her or anything, it was just in school but elhamdulillah I learned alot about myself and well now I am scared of girls in a way because there just gonna hurt me....stay away stay away lol

- Qatada -
12-09-2005, 11:05 PM

masha Allaah thats really good.. yeh it is tough in places where there is alot of fitnah (temptations) and free mixing. you cant change that either because your parents made you go to that school.

the more important thing now is to start focusing on making yourself a even better muslimah insha Allaah. so try to learn as much facts as you can, read the qur'an translation in english and read hadith too insha Allaah. try to gain the knowledge and apply it in to your life. like you've said before - its your last year in school so it will become abit more easier later on insha Allaah, after you've left.

so try your best to start learning, and practicing it insha Allaah. its really good you've joined the forum too because our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam said;

“The example of a good companion and a bad one is the bearer of musk and the worker on the bellows. A bearer of musk would give you some, you might buy some from him, or you might enjoy the fragrance of his musk. The worker on the bellows, on the other hand, might spoil your clothes with sparks from his bellows, or you get a bad smell from him.”
(Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim, this version being Muslim’s)

so to simplify the hadith (saying of our beloved Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam) up; is to say that the people a person hangs out with; affects that person.

the example used is of a musk seller and a furnace blower. so by being with the musk seller, he may give you some musk so you may smell nice and people will like you for that.

whereas if you be with the furnace blower - he may even burn your clothes or you may get a bad smell from him. so you may get hurt while hanging out with the wrong crowd and you may get a bad reputation due to the acts of the bad people you hang around with.

you can get a deeper understanding from this link insha Allaah:

http://www.islamonline.net/English/H...05/03/01.shtml

you'll realise that once people believe your serios about this, and you want to focus on islam - insha Allaah the bad crowd will leave you alone, and by coming to this forum - you'll learn more about islam and become a better muslimah insha Allaah.

we will pray for you insha Allaah.. jazak Allaah khayr.

Mujahideen
12-09-2005, 11:09 PM
alhamdulilah broder, i think you did

Mujahideen
12-09-2005, 11:12 PM
jazakallah, but what if you fell you are not doing enough for the rest of the muslims in the school. listen to this, today in the khutbah, this boy comes up in the sistas section. his infront of us. am like excuse me can't you see its jumah. he goes 'dhur.' i am left to feel embarresed

Mujahideen
12-09-2005, 11:13 PM
yeh and he was talking to the girls. during the khutbah

*charisma*
12-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

you'll realise that once people believe your serios about this, and you want to focus on islam - insha Allaah the bad crowd will leave you alone, and by coming to this forum - you'll learn more about islam and become a better muslimah insha Allaah.

we will pray for you insha Allaah.. jazak Allaah khayr.

ditto :)
yea be more religious believe me it will make ur mind so much more tranquil, cuz you wont be askin urself should i do this, should i do that..etc.
and keep away from the "muslims" who have gone bad lol
they wont be a very good influence unless your iman is very strong where you would be an influence on them. Seperate yourself from them because if you dont you will be getting judged over the fitnah they might be apart of.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Mujahideen
12-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Hey sis thanks for everything. i am now going to go now and hibernate. post more advice and i'll get my other sistas to read it in the morning. May Allah bless you. Aslamalykum

Mujahideen
12-09-2005, 11:25 PM
o and i am using this scientific word because i am trying to get an A in my science GCSE insha allah

- Qatada -
12-09-2005, 11:26 PM

situationz like this happen alot. i think the best way to face it iz to ask the sistaz not to talk back to him, to put him off. this way he'll walk off cz no1 will want to talk 2 him. its important that you do put your point across firmly because he was the one who did the wrong thing. after this, even if you do be put down, then remember you did it for Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala's sake and because of that - you will get rewarded for it loadz insha Allaah.. just remember to stay patient when things like this happen insha Allaah.

wa you said about doing enough for the muslimz - i think its important that you focus alot on yoself 1st, do the best you can for the muslimz ryt now, for example treat the sistaz with respekt and help em out weneva they need it. but the most important thing ryt now is for you to gain knowledge, then put it into your life.

after this, once you start getting the knowledge and - once you've put it into your life (started practising it) then its important that you start spreading that knowledge and helping the muslims (especialy the ones who want to learn.) telling the truth to them, especialy in your islamic club coz thats where most of the sisters are, who want to learn more about islam.

its important you practise it too, coz otherwise the sisters will proli say that you tell people to do things - yet you never practice it yoself, so its important to be a good rolemodel.

the best place to start off is by reading the lifestory of our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam.. this is a really good start because you can learn about the struggles they had to go through, and you'll realise the 'Man behind the Message' and you'll realise how they are who you look upto as your muslim role model.

you can read their (peace be upon him)'s biography off this link insha Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/prophet-...mmad-saws.html

remember not to take too much things all in one go.. take everything step by step and this is the best way you will gain more knowledge and become a better muslimah. if you dive into gaining all the knowledge - then you will feel over burdened and you'll leave really quick the same way. so its really important to take everything step by step insha Allaah.

i'll stop talking for now insha Allaah, jazak Allaah khayr for lisnin/readin..

*charisma*
12-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Hey sis thanks for everything. i am now going to go now and hibernate. post more advice and i'll get my other sistas to read it in the morning. May Allah bless you. Aslamalykum
lol sis...and may Allah subhana wa ta'ala bless you as well :)
i think akhee wrapped it all up for tonight, jazak Allah khair

im gonna take a nap soon, im so exhausted subhanallah..
eh alhemdulilah i have ablitity to rest

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

*!~Faith~!*
12-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Mashallah great advice from everyone :)

It used to be like that with me a couple years back, until my highschool years where instead of going towards the worst, It changed for the better alhamdulilah. Maybe because I was blessed with a good group of muslims. Me and my friends made a deal to always remind each other if we are to do or are doing something stupid. And just be straight up and lol I must say that's worked. Make dua and try out the suggestions the brothers and sisters gave you and Insha'Allah it'll all go well :)

Mujahideen
12-10-2005, 10:00 PM
inshallah. say hi to ur cute cat

*!~Faith~!*
12-10-2005, 10:04 PM
If only I had one :(

Mujahideen
12-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Aslamalykum every one. what do you think is the problem of the youth today that they don't want to practice islam.

Mujahideen
12-10-2005, 10:07 PM
so i guess its just a avatar

*charisma*
12-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Well theres a lot of things:

1) influence from others to do wrong things
2) School being more important than deen
3) People waiting for the last minute, like waiting until they are old and wrinkly to start practicing or when they get married>>which gets on my nerves cuz u dont know when time will be granted to you or when Allah will take ur life away from you

theres a lot of other things too

how bout u sis
what do u think?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

*!~Faith~!*
12-10-2005, 10:10 PM
yup :D But inshallah I'll get one just like that

Mujahideen
12-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Aslamalykum. i think because they don't feel involved with islam. to them its boring and drags on, subhanallah

- Qatada -
12-10-2005, 10:45 PM
wa alykum as Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

i think its the media - like you see the media all the time and they've got all this stuff to impress everyone. theres so much fitnah (temptations) that a person forgets about anything else and just wants to enjoy being young, the people get brainwashed that 'your only young once, so make the most out of it.' this affects alot of people and the majority of the teens copy of this.

when the younger kids see this, they see that the older peepz act lyk that and cz the older peepz are der role modelz - the kidz copy the older ppl. so the kidz get affected by what the older people do - so its like a cycle.
whaeva the older people do will affect the kidz cz thats whats 'wkd' or kool, and whaever the older peepz see on tv - they'll imitate that.

but i've noticed masha Allaah, alhamdulilah that alot of the youth are turning to islam now because they feel that the media is going against them - cz of 7/7 and 9/11. they starting to find out what islam is and they feel that its more than just a normal religion and they feel that they gota protect it. alhamdulillah i'm really happy about that and more masjidz/mosques are bringing in english talking imams - these might be young imams like 20yr oldz so they can discuss with each other how they feel about different subjectz - so they feel more comfortable, instead of talking to a imam who might be der dadz mate..

so alhamdulilah gradualy.. thingz are changing but we still need to focus on giving even a basic idea of what islam is to our matez.. at least this way - if they ever do want to ever focus on religion again - they will have a basic idea of what islam is and therefore they will be interested or be persuaded to gain more knowledge (because of that little knowledge they have already.)

Mujahideen
12-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Good point as always

*charisma*
12-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Aslamalykum. i think because they don't feel involved with islam. to them its boring and drags on, subhanallah
Its wierd though, when you are practicing and practicing correctly, its the opposite, you feel like you dont have time for the rest of the world.
I have a cousin (may Allah guide her) who refuses the hijaab just because she doesnt like it, and i try to explain to her the benefits and stuff, its no use with her, and i blame her mom lol

but when i talk to her bro about it, he told me that he wants to marry a girl with hijaab because he will feel she has more respect, modesty, only for him, etc.. and even though he is younger than his sister, he tells her that it is better for her to wear the hijaab. but i dunno, May Allah guide all those who are misguided ameen.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Mujahideen
12-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Aslamalykum. i didn't want to wear the hijab. my broder started practicin. he tried to force it on me. but as soon as i was out of the door i used to take it of. but then when i use to hear my broder listening to these inspirational talks, i just put it on. now today, you wouldn't see me dead without it. except in my house of course. Allah knows best. wassalam

*charisma*
12-10-2005, 11:54 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

aww mashallah... may Allah bless ur bro ameen.

Alhemdulilah that you started wearing the hijaab sis, mashallah now u can see how beneficial it is. and its gud cuz if anyone messes with u, you have Allah and ur bro to protect u :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.