/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Surahs

shanu
12-09-2005, 12:00 AM
assalamu alaikum
Hi, please help me
i would like to have short surahs written in english. I am not referring to the english translation. I cant read arabick. So i would like to memorise these short surahs for ma prayers. Please help me. May god bless u

can u please help me write down the following surahs in english
1) al asr
2)al fil
3)quraish
4)al ma'un
5)an nasr
6)al masad
7)al tin

thank u, may allah bless u all

shanu

:brother: :loving: :coolsis:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Assalamu Alaikum dear sis :)

try this site:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/transliteration/

and also what can help u is listening to some recitors :)

if you need anything else
let me know inshallah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

shanu
12-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Thank you so much. I had visited da website be4. But the problem is i dont understand y there are "AA" in between. That was wat i was confused abt this website initially. i wanted smtg which is written more clearly. is there anyway u can help me please?
:'(
shanu

shanu
12-09-2005, 01:43 PM
assalamu alaikum brothers n sisters
i shall post some surahs in english for the non arabic speaking
I hope it benefits u all

al falaq

Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem
Qul a'oodu bi rabbil falaq
Min sharri ma khalaq
Wa min sharri ghasiqin itha waqab
Wa min sharrin naffathaethi fil uqad
wa min sharri hasidin itha hasad

al nas
Bismillahir rahmanir raheem
Qul a'oodu bi rabbin nas
Malikin nas
ilahin nas
Min sharril waswasil khannas
allathi yuwaswisu fi sudurrin nas
Minal jinnati wannas

al ikhlaas
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
Qul huwallahu ahad
allahus-samad
Lam yalid wa lam yulad
Wa lam yakullahu
kufuwan ahad

al kafiroon
Bismillahir rahmaanir raheem
Qul ya ayyuhal kafiroona
laa a'oobudu ma ta'oobudoona
wala antum aabidoona ma a'oobudu
wala ana aabidun ma abadtum
wala antum aabidoona ma a'oobudu
lakum deenukum waliya deen

Some benefits of the above surahs
Recite al ikhlaas, al nas, and al falaq 3 times in the morning and night
Every night when the prophet( pbuh) retired to bed, he would cup his hands together and blow over them after reciting Surah al Ikhlaas, Surah al nas, and Surah al falaq and then rub his hands over whichever part of his body he was able to rub, starting with his head, face and front of his body.
Abadallah B. Habib reported that the prophet (pbuh) said, "Speak" i asked, "O messenger of Allah, what should i say?" He replied "Recite Surah al ikhlaas, and al falaq and al nas, in the morning and evening 3 times and it will suffice you for everything

The holy prophet (pbuh) also used to pray ayal ul kurssi before sleeping. It is said that it will protect you throughout your sleep. And if you pray it 3 times, it will protect you from nightmares.

( i got the above information from a website regarding abt sleeping and waking up duas. I dont have the address with me, i would help u all by posting them.)

Recitation of these four Surahs
1) al kafiroon
2) al ikhlaas
3) al falaq
4) al nas
3 times after each compulsory prayer is very beneficial. It is also very beneficial to pray ayal tul kurssi after each compulsory prayer. It will protect you. Ayat tul kurssi should also be prayed after you take wudhu, it will protect you from the shaytan. The holy Prophet (pbuh) was pleased to say that "al ikhlaas" is 1/3 of the holy Quran. And al kafirron, al falaq and al nas are 1/4 of the Quran.
Surah al nas and al falaq are very efficacious in warding off evil effects of magick. Reciting the 3 Quls and blowing it on water mixture administer it to the patient for speedy cure.

AYAT I KARIMA
"La ilaha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minal lauleemin"
This is known as AYAT I KARIMA
and it was recited by the prophet jonah (pbuh) in the belly of the fish and it was through the grace of this verse that ALLAH accepted his prayer and delivered him from the darkness of the fish's belly

If this prayer is recited after every compulsory prayer espcially after the FRIDAY prayers , Allah will make the reciter immune from every dreadful thing, keep him safe against his enemies, make him affluent and provide him sustenance from a source he cannot dream of . Recitation of this verse is very beneficial for delivery from grief and tribulations and prison. At least one tasbeeh should be recited every morning and evening.
AYAT TUL KURSSI
Bismillahir rahmaanir raheem
Allahu la ilaha illa huwa, Al-haiyul-Qaiyum La takhudhuhu sinatun wala nawm, lahu man fis-samawatiwa ma fil-ard Man dhal-ladhi yashfa'u indahu illa bi idhnihi Ya'lamu ma baina aidihim wa ma khalfahum, wa la yuhituna bi shai'im-min ilmihi illa bima sha'a wasi'a kursiyuhus-samawati wal ard, wa la ya'uduhu hidhuhuma wa huwal 'Aliyul-adheem

BENIFITS OF AYAT AL-KURSI
1) RECITE AYAT AL-KURSI AT THE TIME OF LEAVING HOUSE BECAUSE 70000 ANGELS PROTECT PERSON FROM LEFT, RIGHT, FRONT AND BACK AND IF A PERSON DIES BEFORE RETURNING HE WILL GET 70 MARTYRS REWARD.
2)RECITE AYAT AL-KURSI 40 TIMES EVERY DAY AT THE TIME OF SUNSET, PERSON WILL GET REWARD OF 40 HAJJ.
3)RECITE AYAT AL-KURSI EVERY NIGHT AT BED, THIS CREATES ONE ANGEL WHO WILL GUARD THE PERSON TILL MORNING.
4) RECITE AYAT AL-KURSI EVERY TIME AFTER DOING ABLUTION (WUZU) THIS WILL RAISE PERSON 40 TIMES IN RANK FROM EACH WORD.
5)RECITE AYAT AL-KURSI EVERY TIME AFTER RETURNING HOME BECAUSE IT KEEPS AWAY POVERTY
( i gt this information in ma email)

This prayer according to the hadeeth is a key from the keys of paradise. It has 70 virtues in this world and the Hereafter the best of which is that a person who recites it regularly will remain immune from greif and sorrow. At least one tasbeeh should be recited in the morning and evening

It is effacious in exercising evil spirits and ghosts. Anyone troubled with nightmares should recite it 3 times before going to bed.
If anyone recites it 70 times after asr' prayer in seclusion every friday he will begin to see inward light and every prayer made at the moment will be accepted by God Almighty.
(i gt this information from a book named "AYAT-UL-KURSI)

I hope that the above information benefits you. I combined this from several sources i have read. It took me a long time to type this out. If i had made any mistake please forgive me. And do correct me. I hope you would help contribute more :D

God bless you all

Shanu

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Raindrop~
12-09-2005, 01:45 PM
salaam
jazakillah for sharing sis. :):):):):)
wassalaam

MetSudaisTwice
12-09-2005, 01:51 PM
salam
jazakallah for sharing that sis, it is very beneficial
may we all take heed inshallah
wasalam

Khaldun
12-09-2005, 03:31 PM
:sl:

Try to memorise the surahs listening to this.

http://www.islamicboard.com/quran-me...fiz-today.html

InshAllah it should help.

shanu
12-09-2005, 05:16 PM
thank you very much. I just heard them. The sounding is very clear. :)

I was browsing thru a website and i found a webpage talking about the benefits of "Bismillahir rahmaanir rahim"
(In the Name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful)

I shall paste some of the benefits of reciting Bismillahir rahmaneer rahim..

It is narrated in Tafseere Burhaan that the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) has said that when a person recites “Bismillah...” then five thousand ruby palaces are built for him in Jannah Each palace has a thousand chambers made of pearls and in each chamber has seventy thousand thrones of emerald and each throne has seventy thousand carpets made from special fabrics and upon each carpet is seated a Hur-ul-Ein. A person asked for the condition necessary to get this great reward and the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) replied that the person should recite the “Bismillah…” with conviction and understanding.
The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) has also said that when a believer will have to cross the Pul-e-Siraat on the Day of Judgement, and he will say “Bismillah…” then the flames beneath him will start dying down until Jahannam will cry out, ‘O believer, pass through quickly, your presence is causing my fire to die out !’
When a teacher teaches a child to recite “Bismillah…” the child, his parents and the teacher are all guaranteed freedom from hellfire. It is narrated that Prophet Isa (a.s.) was once passing by a graveyard and he
saw a grave upon which the Wrath and Punishment of Allah (s.w.t.) was descending, so he quietly walked past. When he passed the same place after some time, he noticed that the Mercy and Blessings of Allah (s.w.t.) was being showered on the same grave. He was surprised at this and asked Allah (s.w.t.) about what has happened and it was revealed to him that the man inside the grave was a sinner and was thus being punished for his sins. When he died, his wife was pregnant and soon gave birth to a son. When the boy grew older, his mother took him to a teacher who taught him to recite “Bismillah…” and I felt that it would not be justice that this man’s son was calling My Name and I was punishing his father in the grave.
It is also mentioned that recitation of “Bismillah…” with a loud voice is from the signs of a true believer. Imam Ali Ridha (a.s.) said that “Bismillah…” is very close to the chosen name of Allah (s.w.t.) [Isma A’adham].

I hope this benefits you all, May Allah bless you all :)

shanu

mehnaz
12-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Salaam,

...InshaAllah u'll find that learning surahs in arabic is very easy...not to mention the wonderful feeling...cuz Arabic is such a beautiful language MashaAllah...

FiAmanillah

shanu
12-15-2005, 08:12 AM
Assalamu alaikum

I am back with more Surahs n their benefits. Like i said earlier, i took this from a webpage n saved it into word. But unfortunately i forgor da address. I shall share da benefits of Surah Al fatihah with u todae
:loving:

Surah al-Fatihah (The Opening)

There are seven verses in this surah (chapter) and it is said that this surah is both ‘makki’ and ‘madani’ ie. it was revealed in both Makkah and Madinah.
In the commentary of Majma’ul Bayan it is narrated that the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) said that whoever recites this surah, he will get the reward for reciting two thirds (2/3) of the whole Qur’an, and will get the reward equivalent to what would be gained by giving charity to all the believing men and women in the world.
One of the companions of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) narrates that he once recited this surah in the presence of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) and the Prophet said, ‘By Him in whose hand is my soul, a similar revelation to this has not been included in the Taurat (Torah), Injeel (Bible), Zabur (Psalms) or even the Qur’an itself.’
The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) once asked Jabir ibn Abdallah Ansari, “Should I teach you a surah that has no other comparison to it in the whole Qur’an ?” Jabir replied, “Yes, and may my parents be ransom upon you O prophet of Allah.” So the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) taught him surah al-Fatihah. Then the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) asked, “Jabir, should I tell you something about this surah ?” Jabir answered, “Yes, and may my parents be ransom upon you O prophet of Allah.” The Prophet (s.a.w.) said, “It (surah al-Fatihah) is a cure for every ailment except death.”
Imam AbuAbdillah Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.) has said that whoever cannot be cured by surah al-Fatihah, then there is no cure for that person. In the same narration it is written that if this surah is recited 70 times on any part of the body that is paining, the pain will surely go away. In fact, the power of this surah is so great that it is said that if one were to recite it 70 times over a dead body, you should not become surprised if that body starts moving (ie. comes back to life).
Surah al-Fatihah is a cure for physical and also spiritual ailments. Without this surah, even the daily prayers are incomplete. It is indeed a great treasure that has been given to us by Allah (s.w.t.) through the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) and no previous prophet has been given anything like it. This surah is also known as ‘Ummul Kitab’ and ‘Sab’a mathani’.

Pass this information arnd. Teach as many ppl as u know. N may God bless u all always

Shanu :sister:

Muhammad
12-15-2005, 03:19 PM

Masha'Allaah it is excellent to see your keenness on learning new surahs and their benefits, Alhamdulillah.

I would just like to advise you not to immediately take in everything you might see on a website or (especially) receive through email, because much incorrect information can be spread through such means. It is important to try and verify any information by checking to see if it is backed up by authentic hadeeth and if possible, verses from the Qur'an.

Lastly, please also see this thread about the Great Significance of Aayatul-Kursi.

Jazakallahu Khayr,
:w:

Khaldun
12-16-2005, 02:09 PM

I agree totally with brother Muhammad, just after 9/11 this email circulated.

IS THIS A COINCIDENCE OR SOMETHING ELSE?

Bin Laden and Saddam should have read up on The Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Quran, (the Islamic Bible)

Quran ( 9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number!!!!!)

Now any person with the slightest knowledge would notice that this is a complete and utter lie! Here is the real verse:

But (even so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity, they are your brethren in Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for those who understand. [Surah Tawbah Ayah 11]

And for those more well versed would pick up on the fact that no where in the Quran does the word "Eagle" appear. This just shows that you shouldnt believe everything you see online, specially when it comes to the Quran.

sapphire
12-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Jazakallah for the information....i just love listning to Qurann.....its so soothing and the language of arabic is so beautiful....i like listning to the surahs i know so i can read along......

shanu
12-20-2005, 11:43 PM
salams
Surah al-Baqarah (The Cow)

This surah has 286 verses and is a ‘madani’ surah ie. it was revealed in Madinah. It is also the longest surah in the Holy Qur’an.
The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) has said that whoever recites the first four verses of surah al-Baqarah, accompanied by the ‘ayatul kursi’ together with the last three verses of this surah - and makes a habit of reciting these verses daily – his life, property and family will be protected and no evil shall come upon them. Shaitan will not come close to him and he will not be from those who forget Allah (s.w.t.).

:coolsis: :loving: :brother:
shanu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.