/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How many have entered Islam now?

Khattab
02-05-2005, 12:14 AM
:sl:

After the first gulf war we have come to know between 5000-7000 american soldiers embraced Islam, I was wondering does anyone know the figures who have entered after the wars on Iraq and Afghanistan?

See how Allah (SWT) shows his signs?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
02-05-2005, 12:23 AM

akhee, i am just curious....wer did u get those statistics from?

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-05-2005, 01:00 AM
oh! I have some good stats for you guys:

MANY HISPANICS RETURNING TO FAITH OF THEIR FATHERS - ISLAM (America ) ---New

Islam Attracts Converts by the Thousands (America )

Dalit villagers in Madurai to take to Islam (Tamil Nadu )

500 here convert to Islam every year (New Zealand)

17,500 of Intimor tribe come back to Islam (Madagaskar)

485 South African nationals recently embraced Islam (South Afrika)

Thirteen leaders of the Mungiki sect traveled from Kenya’s central province to Mombassa, 500 km south of Nairobi, to embrace Islam (Kenya)

424 Embrace Islam In Eight Months This Year (Brunai)

Islam taking root in Kalash valley (CHITRAL)

Muslims Report Steady Growth (America)

Muslims Report Steady Growth (America)

According to official reports, 942 foreign workers converted to Islam in the past year (Saudi Arabia)

50,000 French Accepted Islam In 50 Years: Intelligence (French)

98 embrace Islam in four months (Dubai)

14,000 of England’s ‘elite’ have already converted to Islam(England)

300,000 prisoners are currently converts to Islam (America)

Every year 20,000 Americans convert to Islam (America)

Mass conversion to Islam was reported from two villages in Haryana (New Delhi)

11,000 Germans adopted Islam last year (Germany)

The number of Germans converting to Islam is rising (Germany)

Islam is gaining most of its U.S. converts in prisons and on university campuses (America)

Estimates of conversions in the U.S. run as high as 30,000 to 50,000 each year (America)

In South Africa, many blacks convert to Islam (South Africa)

In prison religion is a hotly energizing force, and Islam is spreading swiftly, experts say (Berlin)

BOY, 5, Converts 1,000 To Islam (Kenya)

Islam finds new converts in Rwanda in wake of genocide (Africa)

Winning Converts The Old Fashioned Way (Rwanda)

Low caste Hindus 'prefer Islam' (India)

Muslims outpace Anglicans in UK (UK)

Islam First Religion in Amsterdam (Amsterdam)

Amid strife, Islam wins new converts in Mexico (Mexico)

How Islam Is Winning Black America (America)

Islam's influence in Germany grows (Germany)

In the Phillipines more than 100,000 a year convert (Pilliphines)

More and more Spanish women, are now converting to Islam. (Spain)

BBC :"Aborigins turn to Islam" (Australia)

African-Americans "have been moving more rapidly toward Islam." (America)

Women turning to Islam - Islam is growing in the west

Rank of Latinos turn to Islam are increasing (Mexico)

Hispanics turn to Islam are increasing (Mexico)

Western women are turning to Islam in rapidly increasing numbers

More in Hawaii turning to Islam (Hawaii)

Korean troops turning to Islam (Korea)

37 Korean troops convert to Islam (Korea)

More and more white men and women turning to Islam

British Catholics turning to Islam (UK)

Da'wah among troops, won 3000 convert to Islam (America)

Japanese Women turning to Islam (Japan)

Growing numbers of Mandiko converted to Islam (West Afrika)

On February 19, 1981, more than 300 families of the Palan sub caste converted to Islam (Tamil)

Catholics turn to Islam as faith conversions rise (UK)

See more http://www.islamdefenders.com/conver...vert_islam.htm

Far7an
02-05-2005, 01:03 AM
Allahu Akbar

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khattab
02-05-2005, 01:10 AM
There are many websites out there confirming it brother also I was listening to a talk by Imam Siraj Wahaj and he was telling us how he had met a soldier who had entered into Islam while fighting in the Gulf War who said that it was more like 7000 soldiers who had entered into Islam during the war instead of the 3000-5000 estimate, Allah (SWT) Knows Best, anyway here is one articles from Islamic Voice and non-islamic sites also confirm this as it is now an established fact:

On Dawah work among US Troops during Gulf War (From Dr Bilal Philips).

During the Gulf War I worked among the US forces in the deserts of Saudi Arabia under the auspices of the Religious Affairs Department of the Air Force. The US troops had typical misgivings about Islam. In the US they had been told not to go even within 10 feet of the Mosques. We took them inside the Mosques. They were impressed by the simplicity of the ambience of the Mosques interiors.

When they landed in Saudi Arabia, It appeared to them a strange place with women cloaked in black hijab. They had named it the UBO or Unidentified Black Objects. But the living experience in Saudi Arabia was an eye opener for the US troops. They saw openness and warm hospitality in tents of bedouins in the deserts who served them with fresh dates and milk. They had not seen this hospitality in Korea or Japan where they had camped for decades.

Later, I went back to the US and set up Islamic chapters in the US Defence Department. Other Islamic organisations in the US are also in touch with these troops. Nearly 3,000 US troops embraced Islam while staying in Saudi Arabia. Believe me, Saudi Arabia was the only place on the earth, where US forces did not leave war babies and where the liquor was rationed. In the tents, the troops openly discussed the Islamic tenets and practices. These Muslim troops are now the messengers of Islam in the US forces.

But then people have accused Saudi Arabia for having invited polytheists to fight against a Muslim neighbour.

I do not want to go into politics. Saudi Arabia has been able to make a big and positive Islamic impact on the West. The stay of US troops was utilised by Saudis to convey Islamic message. Political name-calling of Saudi Arabia could be easy. Iran makes a negative impact on the West. Saudi Arabia takes better care of its citizens, far in excess of what the Western nations do with their own countries. Two million US citizens live and sleep on the streets. None in Saudi Arabia.

http://www.islamicvoice.com/july.98/embraced.htm#DAW

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-05-2005, 01:48 AM
brother whenver I read this news I always recite:

110:1 When comes the Help of Allâh and the victory

110:2. And you see that the people enter Allâh's religion (Islâm) in crowds,

110:3. Then glorify the Praises of your Lord, and ask for His Forgiveness. Verily, He is the One Who accepts the repentance and forgives.

Ya Rahman! SubhanAllah! SubhanAllah! Ya Rab Al-Kaaba!

Khattab
02-05-2005, 02:38 AM

Exactly Brother I had that exact same verse in my head since I have posted the thread and read through the stories, Alhumdulillah :teeth:

Genius
02-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Do you have any figures from an American source? I think those would be more accurate.

Khattab
02-05-2005, 02:47 PM
well this is from a non islamic site, they claim it could be upto 3000 but it is estimated more converted.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2080770/sidebar/2080771/

Khattab
02-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Anyone got an answer to the orginal question?

kadafi
02-08-2005, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hash
The most important thing here, is that the saudi arabia is without a doubt a puppet for america and a agebt for the west. About soem imams who get banned because of speaking up, i heard that the imam of the haramain, abdul rehman al sudais was banned for 9 months because in his du'aa or khutbah, the pro american saudi government did not like his speaking up. Maybe it was not al sudais, maybe another big scholar.

It was Sheikh Muhammad Al Mohaisany. You can find his dua at

Khattab
02-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Alhamdulillah that was a beautiful dua

kadafi
02-09-2005, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amir
Anyone got an answer to the orginal question?

It's actually not known. However, I could find this news article that states that several US Soldiers embraced Islam.

BAGHDAD, August 13 (IslamOnline.net) – Discovering an Islam that is totally different from the one smeared in their media, a number of American servicemen and women were said to have embraced Islam and married Iraqis.
"After daily interactions with Iraqi citizens and a first-hand experience in dealing with Muslims in the war-ravaged country, many U.S. soldiers willingly accepted Islam, " Sheikh Mahmoud el-Samydaei, member of Iraq’s Muslim Scholars Society, told IslamONline.net Wednesday, August 13.
"The soldiers came to realize that the teachings of Islam are absolutely different from fabricated information propagated by the western media," he added.
The Iraqi scholar recalled crying Christian-turned-Muslim American army officer who lamented that his folks died without knowing anything about Islam.
Not First
A U.S. officer visited the Civil Affairs Court in the Baghdad district of el-Karkh earlier this week to declare: "I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is His messenger."
The man later married Iraqi doctor Samar Ahmed whom we met while standing guard in Medicine City Hospital.
The American officer confirmed that he embraced Islam out of absolute conviction and not just to marry the Iraqi woman he fell in love with.
According to Islamic teachings, a none-Muslim man is not allowed to marry a Muslim woman.
Judge Abd el-Azeim Mohammad Gawad el-Rasafi blessed the marriage, asserting it was the "first time an Iraqi girl would marry an American soldier who accepted Islam."
He told IOL he found no religious ground to obstruct the marriage, which was opposed by several Iraqi citizens.
"The assertion of the American soldier that he embraced Islam of his free will and not just to marry the Iraqi doctor convinced us to approve the marriage," said Judge el-Rasafi.
Convinced
Although Samar declined to be interviewed, her colleague Doctor Bayda’a Mohammad Ahmed told IOL she had hard times with Iraqis who knew about the proposed marriage.
They accused her of marrying the American officer just to have a chance of going to the U.S. with him, said Bayda’a.
Defending her friend Samar, Bayda’a asserted she was the one who introduced him to Islam and encourage him to accept it.
She found he was a good husband and did not have in min traveling to the States, said the fellow doctor.
No
Fayez Qadouri, one of several opponents, said the opposition had nothing to do with the fact that the officer was American but rather because he was "an occupier of our land."
"He should renounce his country’s occupation of Iraq and either leave the country to desert the army for us to approve the marriage," he said.
There are some 145,000 U.S. and 11,000 British soldiers deployed across Iraq.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/N...rticle08.shtml

Khattab
02-09-2005, 05:50 PM

No its the Commander of the Mujahideen Ibn ul Khattab who was martyred in 2002, he fought against the russians in Afghanistan and in Chechnya

http://www.jihadunspun.net/articles/...tab-popup.html

kadafi
02-09-2005, 05:56 PM

No its the Commander of the Mujahideen Ibn ul Khattab who was martyred in 2002, he fought against the russians in Afghanistan and in Chechnya

http://www.jihadunspun.net/articles/...tab-popup.html

Subhan'Allah, a true sincere Mujahideen. I've seen some videos recorded of him destroyin' a couple of Russian MI-24 helicopters.

Infact, you can watch it at CLICK HERE

Uthman
02-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Mashallah the dua of Sheikh Al Mohaisany was indeed very beautiful, refreshing and inspiring.

And the Mujahideen in Amir's picture was just as much.

But Hash, I can't find the arabic translation or transliteration :( but don't worry I'll keep trying! ;) :beard::beard::beard::beard::beard::beard::beard:: beard::beard:

Haha! Don't you just love that emoticon? ;)

Khattab
02-09-2005, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi

Subhan'Allah, a true sincere Mujahideen. I've seen some videos recorded of him destroyin' a couple of Russian MI-24 helicopters.

Infact, you can watch it at CLICK HERE
Jazakallah Khair brother I am downloading it now thanks

Also brother I have been meaning to ask you which translation is Abu Bakr (ra) mentioned the verse in your signature, I have checked all three translations of yusuf ali, pickthall and shakir but none have him mentioned in the verse

kadafi
02-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Jazakallah Khair brother I am downloading it now thanks

Also brother I have been meaning to ask you which translation is Abu Bakr (ra) mentioned the verse in your signature, I have checked all three translations of yusuf ali, pickthall and shakir but none have him mentioned in the verse

It's not an translation but an commentary. The Siddiqun (the highly virtuous) were mostly the first followers, such as Abu Bakr (ra), Ali (ra), Khadijah (May Allah Be Pleased With Her). This doesn't restrict to the Prophet's Ummah but also the other communities, such as the first followers of Isa (P):
"And when Jesus perceived their leaning towards unbelief, he asked: ‘Who will be my helpers in the way of God?' The disciples said: ‘We are the helpers of God. We believe in Allah, and be our witness that we have submitted ourselves exclusively to God. Our Lord! We believe in the commandment You have revealed and we obey the Messenger; make us, then, one of those who bear witness (to the Truth)' (3:52-53).

Khaldun
02-09-2005, 10:10 PM

to add to the matter surah Layl is about abu bakar r.a aswell, truly a great man!

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-10-2005, 12:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi

It was Sheikh Muhammad Al Mohaisany. You can find his dua at http://www.load-islam.com/C/Media/Flash_Presentations/ (at the bottom)

or the direct link at http://www.load-islam.com/swf/Flash/duafull.swf

Br this is a very serious issue that I must point out.

First of all, I have nothing against the dua, but those people who placed the pictures with it were either ignorant muslims or those seeking to malign Islam.

1. The pictures of the WTC were shown at points during the dua, giving the impression that this was what Muhaisini was praying for.

THIS IS FALSE. ALL MUSLIMS CONDEMN THE KILLING OF INNOCENTS THAT OCCURED ON 9/11!!! WE CONDEMN ATROCITIES EVERYWHERE! BY NO MEANS DO WE HOPE FOR SUCH!!

Moreover, the Saudi Imaams have been foremost in condemning terrorism.

http://thetruereligion.org/modules/w...p?articleid=65
http://thetruereligion.org/modules/w...?articleid=277
http://thetruereligion.org/modules/w...p?articleid=66
http://thetruereligion.org/modules/w...?articleid=284
http://thetruereligion.org/modules/w...p?articleid=66

So such videos are false slander against our Shuyukh! They NEVER supported terrorism.

Secondly, the video showed pictures of Osama Bin Laden, when Muhaisini praised Mujahideen. This is an evil method of deceit. Bin Laden has in the past made it clear that he has no respect for the Saudi Shuyukh, while they in turn have denounced him for his terrorist actions which contradict everything in Islam.
http://www.thewahhabimyth.com/

For these reasons, this video file is an attack on Islamic beliefs and promotes hatred towards muslims. I highly recommend the Load-islam team to post the AUDIO ONLY, without the video. I have an audio-only version but I think the file is too large (9mb) to upload as an attachment on the forum.

Wassalaam

Khattab
02-10-2005, 01:05 AM
:sl: brother ansar I know what youre saying all of us on here (i would think) and the majority of muslims around the globe agree with you that 9/11 was a terrible act and not supported in anyway especially considering many of them where our brothers and sisters that died. I dont agree with them arresting the brother for dua though. Anyway my man shiek yusuf estes has written and article and somewhat agrees that dua's like this should not be made here is his story during his hajj (ties in also with the luxury hajj thread :brother: ) http://www.islamtomorrow.com/articles/Hajj2.asp

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-10-2005, 02:17 AM
Thanks Amir, I agree with you.

:)

Uthman
02-10-2005, 06:44 PM

Hash,

http://www.islam-today.com/ has closed down unfortunately. I'm a pretty good German speaker myself so I translated what it said :)

Closed down :(

Khattab
02-10-2005, 06:59 PM

brother hash the site address is http://www.islamtoday.com/ this works fine :)

kadafi
02-10-2005, 06:59 PM

Personally, the person who produced that flash file just quickly acquired any images from the internet in order to make the dua more appealing. Obviously, these images are ambiguous. For instance, when Sheikh Mohaisany is addressin' the oppressors, a image of Arafat appears. From my perspective, the person who produced it had not much of a choice when selectin' the appropiate images.

This is just a case of ambiguity and unfortunately can be interpretated wrongly by the Non-Muslims.

By the way, brother Ansar, could you e-mail me the audio file (if it's not much of a trouble) since I never knew there was one.

Jazaka'Allah Khairun

Uthman
02-10-2005, 07:14 PM

brother hash the site address is http://www.islamtoday.com/ this works fine :)

Ah, I see. It's not got the hyphen/dash in between :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Kadafi
Personally, the person who produced that flash file just quickly acquired any images from the internet in order to make the dua more appealing. Obviously, these images are ambiguous. For instance, when Sheikh Mohaisany is addressin' the oppressors, a image of Arafat appears. From my perspective, the person who produced it had not much of a choice when selectin' the appropiate images.

This is just a case of ambiguity and unfortunately can be interpretated wrongly by the Non-Muslims.
Yeah, I suppose thats a plausible theory :p . The person probably didn't consider the other side. Basically, he's innocent. No use crying over spilt milk I guess. Thats how the cookie crumbles. Thats the way the wind blows :)

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Kadafi,
I definitely think we don't want to be sending mixed messages to non-muslims and other muslims. We condemn 9/11 and anyone who supports it. We condemn those who distort the message of Islam.

It is essential to remove the video file. Br. Kadafi, you could replace it with the audio mp3 file I have. It won't let me post it cause it's fairly big.

If you pm me your e-mail address, I can send it through G-mail insha'Allah.

Wassalaam

Uthman
02-10-2005, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hash
Any one had any luck with getting me the arabic text for the du'aa?
I've searched til' I could search no more. I'm sorry. :sorry: But I'm still not giving up! ;D

kadafi
02-10-2005, 09:22 PM

Assalamu Alaykum Kadafi,
I definitely think we don't want to be sending mixed messages to non-muslims and other muslims. We condemn 9/11 and anyone who supports it. We condemn those who distort the message of Islam.

It is essential to remove the video file. Br. Kadafi, you could replace it with the audio mp3 file I have. It won't let me post it cause it's fairly big.
Kadafi, i do not want to cause disrest and a argument, but if you want to keep the current du'aa with th images, than i suggest you keep the current video. There is no mixed messages, this is a clear video which matches the du'aa, i do not see what you find wrong in the images ansar?
:sl: brothers,

Despite the fact that this dua is one of my all-favorite supplication, I've to go with the idea that we should remove the flash file and add the audio version. Islam is continuously distorted in the media and by the enemies of Islam, and if we keep this ambiguous video file, then we're contributin' to the distortion of Islam.

Brother Hash, you can download the dua video file and watch it on your computer.

Bear in mind that this is an Islamic forum for Muslims _and_ Non-Muslims and we simply do not want the Non-Muslims to get the wrong notion regardin' Islam.

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Done. Check your mail, Br. Kadafi.

Uthman
02-10-2005, 10:16 PM
I think brother Kadafi has made a sensible decision as we don't want non-muslims to get the wrong idea about Islam. I like this video. I think it's great but non-muslims just have the same misconveived ideas about jihad is evil and whatnot. They'll never understand. But is this the only video version available? Perhaps there is another version which doesn't feature those images? :beard:

Chuck
02-11-2005, 04:33 AM
Ansar,
Although I tend agree with you on following the correct teachings of Islam, but I negative comments won't help the conversation. I believe person with opposing view doesn't normally tune out if positive language is used to correct an opinion.

kadafi
02-11-2005, 07:41 AM

Brothers, please refrain from usin' profanity in your posts. I'm pretty sure that you guys can get your point across in a more intelligent approach as observed.

Bear in mind that the Prophet (P) stated that the one of the characteristics of a believer is that he/she never scoffs at others, calls them names, or others obsencene phrases.

This topic has run its course (diverted from its original topic), Jazaka'Allah Khairun for your inputs.

Please create a new topic if you want to continue this dialoque in a civilized manner.

And welcome brother Chuck!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.