/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need help on islamic history assignment

yusuf musa
12-10-2005, 06:41 PM
:sl: brothers adn ssiters i have a major assignment on our beautiful history of islam.
i need help and some references on sites to got to to research our history. if u have already done an assignment like this i would like ur help. please help a brother in need.
:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
12-10-2005, 06:44 PM
wa alykum a Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

masha Allaah thats really good.. do you have any ideas you want to focus on, are you focusing on a certain person eg. our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam? are you talking about a certain situation in history such as a battle?

please explain it abit more so we can try to research on that topic insha Allaah. jazak Allaah khayr.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

yusuf musa
12-15-2005, 12:45 AM
thatnk u brother for the reply. iam in a group and the role i was assigned to was that i have to record adn give background information on key peoples, key events, key issues relating to the islamic civilization, key ideas that were brought upon by the muslims, and key technologies that were started by the muslims. Also a map showing islam's spread from arabia to the rest of the world. this is what i relly have to cover. thank you for ur concern brother.

jazakallahu khayran

Nusaybah
12-15-2005, 01:21 AM
Asalamu Alaykum
Buy the History of Islam which is 3 volumes and revised by Safi-ur-Rahman Al-Mubarakapuri, the same guy which wrote The Sealed Nectar. It has everything about Islamic History, the Prophet pbuh life, the 4 Rightly Guided Caliph, the Ummayid,Abbasid and all the other Islamic empires. It covers the History of Islam for about 14 centuries.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
12-15-2005, 01:48 PM
A map showing Islam's spread is attached.

Here's the reference: World History Encyclopedia, (2000) Parragon, UK

Hope that helps, and apologies for the foot in the top right corner - it's another illustration on the page. Maybe you can photoshop it out or something. :)

- Qatada -
12-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

check the biographies section out too bro. including the life of our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam insha Allaah. :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/biograph...lamic-figures/

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

TabTabiun
12-23-2005, 09:02 PM
As-Salaam Walkium here are some sites .....Inshallah Hope they be of benefit Aameen:Troid.org,Bakkah.net,AND IF you need more answers then..Inshallah You can ask us I have like three books on Islamic History.MaShallah..
_MaSalaama_

yusuf musa
12-26-2005, 07:49 PM
thank u all for ur help brothers and sisters. may allah reward you for ur efforts in helping a fellow brother.

yusuf musa
12-26-2005, 07:50 PM
brohters and sisters do u know any thing on islamic economics and islamic politics?

Abu Omar
12-26-2005, 09:01 PM
:sl:

Although this is a non-Islamic source whose reliability sometime is questionable, I think it could help you somewhat insha'Allaah:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_history

The main problem with these sources is that they list dynasties upon clear kufr as Muslim dynasties.

Bittersteel
12-26-2005, 09:07 PM
they say wikipedia is authentic as Brittanica....

BTW, the religion of Islam wasn't spread by the sword.

In all of this it would appear that the Arabs were actually assisted by the Copts, who found the Muslims more tolerant than the Byzantines. In return for a tribute of money and food for the troops of occupation, the Christian inhabitants of Egypt were excused military service and left free in the observance of their religion and the administration of their affairs.

During the period that elapsed between the Muslim conquest and the end of the Umayyad dynasty the nature of the Arab occupation had become a systematic colonisation. Conversions of Copts to Islam were at first rare, and the old system of taxation was maintained for the greater part of the first Islamic century. The old division of the country into districts (nomoi) was maintained, and to the inhabitants of these districts demands were directly addressed by the governor of Egypt, while the head of the community—ordinarily a Copt but in some cases a Muslim—was responsible for compliance with the demand.
taken from here.

TabTabiun
12-26-2005, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yusuf musa
brohters and sisters do u know any thing on islamic economics and islamic politics?
Aameen
***MaSalaama***

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.