/* */

PDA

View Full Version : History made by UK Muslim model

solid_snake
12-11-2005, 03:46 AM
CONTENT REMOVED

A teenager who fled the Taleban regime has made history by being the first Muslim to represent England in the Miss World beauty contest in China.

Hammasa Kohistani, 18, had been third favourite but Misses Iceland, Mexico and Puerto Rico were voted top three.

Islamic extremists had sent her death threats for taking part in the competition, watched by two billion. :confused:

link removed

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
12-11-2005, 03:53 AM
:sl:

Oh! not another one! :-\

:w:

solid_snake
12-11-2005, 04:03 AM
LOL my warning level went up, soon I’ll be banned from this super conservative place. I just posted a pic of her face, oh noes! :eek: :confused:

solid_snake
12-11-2005, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
u were warned for the same b4, n u repeated tht again.
now don't say its OK to post a pic of a MISS world contestant :-\
she wasn't in a hijab, was she ? :-\not, if u stop this.
lol many muslim girls are not in hijabs ... doesn't automatically make them bad muslims ... I don't see the harm of showing a face of a girl, if it was a pic where she was wearing next to nothing, then it's different.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sanobar
12-11-2005, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by solid_snake
CONTENT REMOVED

A teenager who fled the Taleban regime has made history by being the first Muslim to represent England in the Miss World beauty contest in China.

Hammasa Kohistani, 18, had been third favourite but Misses Iceland, Mexico and Puerto Rico were voted top three.

Islamic extremists had sent her death threats for taking part in the competition, watched by two billion. :confused:

link removed

is she the first muslim??? i guess i remembr some one 4rm iraq participating afew yrs back!??! :confused:

Mu'maneen
12-11-2005, 05:20 AM

doesn't automatically make them bad muslims ... I don't see the harm of showing a face of a girl, if it was a pic where she was wearing next to nothing, then it's different.
So would you say that a good Muslim will not wear Hijab?

How can a person be a good Muslim by disobeying Allah?
Hijab is Fard, and if a Muslim Sister does not wear it, then how can she be classified as "good" if she is disobeying Allah?

If I shave off my beard, I have disobeyed Allah and cannot be classified as a good Muslim. Everytime I sin I have disobeyed Allah and I cannot be classified as good until I make Tawbah to Allah.
Can a child be classified as a good child if he disobeys his/her parents? No.
Therefore one must be obedient towards Allah, their Creator, and make Tawbah towards Him alone every time they sin, then he/she can be classified as good Inshah'Allah.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

Halima
12-11-2005, 03:40 PM
lol many muslim girls are not in hijabs ... doesn't automatically make them bad muslims ... I don't see the harm of showing a face of a girl, if it was a pic where she was wearing next to nothing, then it's different.
Yes, but that is detrimental to brothers and sisters. This is what causes fitnah and brings up commotion. Did you know that if a sister doesn't wear hijab this can increase temptations amongst the men?

That is the main reason why we muslim women have to wear the hijab in the first place. It is vital otherwise we have no protection at all. A typical example is of the picture you had posted up. This picture couldv'e caused fitnah just because she wasn't wearing hijab.

Besides that if a muslim women doesn't wear hijab that shows that she is not abiding by the Islamic rules hence she is sinning. Now you tell me, if other muslim women see this what will they think about about the other women? They will assume that she is degrading our religion just by not wearing a hijab.

Now we have to get back on topic :-\

Muezzin
12-11-2005, 03:56 PM
[Islamic extremists had sent her death threats for taking part in the competition, watched by two billion. :confused:
That's pretty extreme.

I have the same amount of respect for this lady as I have for all 'Miss World'-type women. I.e. not a lot. :p

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-11-2005, 04:33 PM

Thread Moved.

mariamq
12-12-2005, 10:11 AM
Oh well... I know some people who were wearing hijab and took it off.. Does that mean that they should be threatend... NO WAY... Just make dua for them to be guided and that it. Subhanallah... our iman goes up and down.. we just need to strengthen our hearts Inshallah and dont give into iblis.

Durrah
12-12-2005, 12:25 PM

Hmm.... my friend met her at a photoshoot. She said she looked stunning in flesh. She said she was a nice girl. lol. Mashallah she is pretty but obviously Miss World and modelling in general is a no-no in Islam. Often in many cases, when children are not raised properly with islam active in the household, the child will grow up not respecting or abiding by islamic laws. I dont blame her so much if mum and dad never taught her to wear hijab and cover modestly. Had they, she might of not being in this contest.

Anyways, if reports are true and people sent her death threats, then i think thats wrong. Its highly counter-productive as shes likely to drift more away from islam, then come closer. Its like when Shariza Mizra did a perfomance in the U.K and she said that some boys punched her in the face! Totally uncalled for.

Why is it that some people like to respond with violence when they see a sister in the public eye, whos not practising. I swear there are several muslim men who are well known, who act unislamic but yet they dont assulted or threated with assult (not that i know of).

Muezzin
12-12-2005, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Durrah
Why is it that some people like to respond with violence when they see a sister in the public eye, whos not practising. I swear there are several muslim men who are well known, who act unislamic but yet they dont assulted or threated with assult (not that i know of).
Because women are an easy target for yobs.

Durrah
12-12-2005, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

Yea, I know. It still bugs me...

~Raindrop~
12-12-2005, 05:08 PM
salaam
Allah help us all.
wassalaam

Wahid
12-12-2005, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
salman rushdi and all the police and politicans in line with US in iraq (mostly man) come to mind
but i agree its extreme, she isnt openly anti islamic

Wahid
12-12-2005, 11:00 PM
oh and all the arab rullers are threatend at some point or other lol

hidden_treasure
12-13-2005, 01:32 AM
[QUOTE=solid_snake;126899]CONTENT REMOVED

Assalamu alaikum,

Hmmm, thats something to be proud of...NOT.

May Allah guide her...ameen.

cldnite
12-13-2005, 05:19 AM
Salamualaikum,
this topic really distresses me. on one hand, it is not right to label a woman (or man) impious for not wearing a hijab or growing a beard, because you do not know what is in their heart. but, at the same time it is not right to openly commit the sin of disobedience to Allah. i personally think that this whole topic is very VERY complicated and is really more dependent on this: if the girl is righteous and pious, then just explain to her that which is fardh. and if even then she does not accept it, then it is up to Allah to judge. that's why His name is Al-Hakam, not ours. :) wAllahualam. Salamualaikum.

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-13-2005, 09:32 PM
When people commit sin in public, for example, not wearing hijab etc. their usual defence is 'You can't judge me, eemaan (faith) is in the heart!'. What they don't realize is that eeman is in one's heart, one's speech and one's actions. The external conduct is reflective of what is inside.

Mu'maneen
12-14-2005, 12:51 AM

it is not right to label a woman (or man) impious for not wearing a hijab or growing a beard, because you do not know what is in their heart. but, at the same time it is not right to openly commit the sin of disobedience to Allah.
Yet again I will repeat my question:

So would you say that a good Muslim will not wear Hijab?

How can a person be a good Muslim by disobeying Allah?
Hijab is Fard, and if a Muslim Sister does not wear it, then how can she be classified as "good" if she is disobeying Allah?

If I shave off my beard, I have disobeyed Allah and cannot be classified as a good Muslim. Everytime I sin I have disobeyed Allah and I cannot be classified as good until I make Tawbah to Allah.
Can a child be classified as a good child if he disobeys his/her parents? No.
Therefore one must be obedient towards Allah, their Creator, and make Tawbah towards Him alone every time they sin, then he/she can be classified as good Inshah'Allah.

---------------------

jawanazam
12-14-2005, 01:16 AM
:sl: , akhi I agree with you. how can one be a good muslim if one knowingly goes against Allahs command and the examples set by the Prophet, his wives, family, and companians? Its just not possible.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahya related to me from Malik from Muslim ibn Abi Maryam from Abu Salih that Abu Hurayra said, "Women who are naked even though they are wearing clothes, go astray and make others go astray, and they will not enter the Garden and they will not find its scent, and its scent is experienced from as far as the distance travelled in five hundred years." Maliks Muwatta 048:007 Section 617

cldnite
12-14-2005, 03:09 AM
Salamualaikum,

i dont think it's the fact that not wearing hijab makes a woman a bad muslim, but it's the fact to think: who are you to label others as bad muslims? which madrasah did you study at? which shuyukh gave you ijaza? my point is, it's not that they aren't being good muslims, it's that we can't think ourselves as higher than them because our external is closer to the sunnah than theirs. their actions could be much better than ours.

This reminds me of a story i heard once in a lecture. it goes like this: there was this boy around 12 years old (true story), and he ended up getting into drugs. so, one time he was smoking with a muslim. so, the boy got into asking the muslim about Islam. as a result, the boy ended up converting and attending a madrasah full time. now, whenever the boy (i forgot his name) tells the story of how he became muslim, he would tell other people not to curse the muslim that was smoking with him, because whatever the boy does will be recorded for the muslim. whatever sallah, zakah, hajj, sawm, etc. that he boy does will be on the smoking muslim's record. even though obviously to smoke is a bad decision, it's the cursing them out part and thinking of yourself higher to label them as "bad muslims" which is the conflict, not the fact that they're sinning.
wAllahualam. Salamualaikum.

Mu'maneen
12-14-2005, 03:36 AM

my point is, it's not that they aren't being good muslims, it's that we can't think ourselves as higher than them because our external is closer to the sunnah than theirs. their actions could be much better than ours.
Where did we say we are better then them? :)
We are only saying that we cannot call someone a good Muslim when they do not follow Fard actions set by Allah. Saying this does not mean we are claiming we are better than them. for all I know, I can end up in Hell and such person can end up in Paradise. If we feel we are better than certain Muslims, then that is a sign of arrogance which is forbidden in Islam.

---------------------

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.