/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ripping A Dvd ?

hasib
12-11-2005, 06:43 AM
:sl:

I have a DVD -R/RW drive built into my laptop.

The question is how to rip a movie from a DVD disk to my hdd? Like what software do i need to rip a movie from dvd to hdd??

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabiyal
12-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Brother Use
Dvd Decrypter, for ripping the dvd on your hd, and use shrink to shrink it, cuz after burned it will be like 7 gb and to burn it on your a dvdR you will need shrink and nero, or shrink and burning software that came with your writer
go to this site to get it
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/top_downloads/
hopefully this helps

aamirsaab
12-11-2005, 12:35 PM
You could just copy and paste the files onto harddrive from dvd. It'll take time but i dont think you need any software in particular.

Rabiyal
12-11-2005, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
You could just copy and paste the files onto harddrive from dvd. It'll take time but i dont think you need any software in particular.
Brother that will only work when you have a data dvd otherwise, to make a back up of your "other dvds" you need those software.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
12-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Salaam

Hasib, I use this one of the home computer. It works fine each time. http://www.dandans.com/EasyDVDRipper/

By the way, the 'ish' is unpacked and works like a charm. Seriously. Done a few DVD's already, no hassle.

hasib
12-11-2005, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam

Hasib, I use this one of the home computer. It works fine each time. http://www.dandans.com/EasyDVDRipper/

By the way, the 'ish' is unpacked and works like a charm. Seriously. Done a few DVD's already, no hassle.
thanks dZ..

btw you were killing me lol ;) i still don understand why you waited so long and yes i know you told me but still :p.. time to dawah the civic niqabis right ah ahhah..

:w:

sapphire
12-11-2005, 06:36 PM
what exactly does ripping allow???????someone done it to my nazam cds so they could send them through the internet.........didnt bother explaining.....:confused:

Muezzin
12-11-2005, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
what exactly does ripping allow???????someone done it to my nazam cds so they could send them through the internet.........didnt bother explaining.....:confused:
It allows copying of data from DVDs or CDs onto a hard drive, which can later be saved onto DVD or CD if the user so wishes.

It's also a tad on the illegal side, so shhh. :p

sapphire
12-11-2005, 09:24 PM
ohhhh...now wonder my sister was standing there going "stop riping my mate of" (she ment Tahir Rashid dont ask)...interesting....

Z
12-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Salaam.

How can ripping be illegal? If you bought an album, and want a hard copy of it on your machine, you rip it. That would be legal, I'm sure. But sharing music is illegal.

Yes Hasib, you go get those Civic Niqaabi's.

Muezzin
12-12-2005, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

How can ripping be illegal? If you bought an album, and want a hard copy of it on your machine, you rip it. That would be legal, I'm sure.
I'll have a look in a copyright textbook and get back to you inshallah.

But sharing music is illegal.
Bingo.

Incidentally, bingo's haraam because it makes old ladies gamble away their pensions.

jawanazam
12-13-2005, 04:34 AM
assalam alaikum wr wb, I dont have any comments in regards to what is legal or not but seeing as the topic slowly turned to the issue of copyrighting I just thought to share a personal story in respect to this. One day a friend and me went to a travelling Islamic fair looking to offer support. On sale was the movie The Messenger and we both wanted to buy it. Looking to save my bro some cash I said I will purchase it then copy it for him. He agreed. Later on that night he phoned and told me his wife did not approve of this idea as she feared it would infringe upon the copy-rights of the film makers and therefore would not be an islamic practice. Realizing the validity of her concerns I did not make a copy for them. However when I sat down to view the movie myself, lo and behold i discover that I had infact purchased a copy at a brand new cost! Seeing as the movie I purchased came in what seemed to me as an original cover, I never suspected the copied tapes inside. It may be that "The Messenger" has no copyright protection, I dont know. Never-the-less I have the tapes and still feel jilted by not being told it was a copy. If I as a purchaser feel this way imagine how the filmakers and other artists feel when every day they are ripped for much more money than the 60$ I paid for that movie. In all things Allah nows best.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By An-Nu'man bin Bashir : The Prophet said "Both legal and illegal things are obvious, and in between them are (suspicious) doubtful matters. So who-ever forsakes those doubtful things lest he may commit a sin, will definitely avoid what is clearly illegal; and who-ever indulges in these (suspicious) doubtful things bravely, is likely to commit what is clearly illegal. Sins are Allah's Hima (i.e. private pasture) and whoever pastures (his sheep) near it, is likely to get in it at any moment."
Sahih al Bukhari 034:267

*charisma*
12-13-2005, 05:52 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

yea ppl shouldnt make copies of dvd's or cds to give out to their friends, especially if they are Islamic, because the people that make them probably worked hard on them and are using the money for something good like making more beneficial dvds/cds for todays people to gain knowledge off of or they could be giving some of the profit to charity, Allahu A'lem

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Rabiyal
12-13-2005, 08:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

yea ppl shouldnt make copies of dvd's or cds to give out to their friends, especially if they are Islamic, because the people that make them probably worked hard on them and are using the money for something good like making more beneficial dvds/cds for todays people to gain knowledge off of or they could be giving some of the profit to charity, Allahu A'lem

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
WELL DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTER....
if you guys read, copyright law states, copying a movie or a dvd for commercial use or money making is forbiden and people who do will be charged.
As for home use copying is okay, as long as you are not making any profit of that movie.
Secondly Since dvd's get scratched up Ripping a dvd for your home and keeping a backup does not break the COPYRIGHT LAW. cuz if it did, The links I have posted in the begining of the thread which I got from TECH TV when they were showing how to make a back up of your DVDs, would get them closed, and they wouldn't give that out so openly.

neways GL with your moral issues....

Muezzin
12-13-2005, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabiyal
WELL DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTER....
if you guys read, copyright law states, copying a movie or a dvd for commercial use or money making is forbiden and people who do will be charged.
As for home use copying is okay, as long as you are not making any profit of that movie.
Secondly Since dvd's get scratched up Ripping a dvd for your home and keeping a backup does not break the COPYRIGHT LAW. cuz if it did, The links I have posted in the begining of the thread which I got from TECH TV when they were showing how to make a back up of your DVDs, would get them closed, and they wouldn't give that out so openly.
Very true.

neways GL with your moral issues....
GL? Does that stand for George Lucas?

:p

Rabiyal
12-13-2005, 08:51 PM
GL? Does that stand for George Lucas?

GL: GOOD LUCK

brotherhood
12-14-2005, 01:38 PM
GL = Good Luck

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!