/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why arent islamic countries not united??

sonz
12-12-2005, 01:28 PM
asalama

ive been thinking :eek:

why wont islamic countries join up their ecomic and armies and work toghther as muslims??? why is there so much distance??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ameeratul Layl
12-12-2005, 01:45 PM
:sl:

Well, this is how I see it:

America is the big mouth right. America says jump...countries jump.
America has its foot in everything; oil, business........right!

Today, the world is corrupt. Let me emphasis a little:

When Arab country kids (muslims) finish their studies from college they either want to come to Britain or America.:-\

OR

When the Arab country kids (muslims) finish their studies in their OWN country...they want to go and WORK in America or Britain.

So, if you think about it...their own countries...our own muslim counties have LESS professionals.

What do Muslims who need the help think?
Well, why dont we just go to one of the Western countries and get our treatment done there.Why dont we ask a well trained accountatnt to sort out or money problems....the list goes on!

Because OUR ppl....OUR Muslim brothers and sisters are soooo thirsty to taste the life of the western Society....there is no one left to back them up!
Why? Because all the brainy kids have gone off to help others and left their countries....their ppl...with almost nothing!

There is so much going on!:-\ But it seems, the Muslims dont care about each other anymore.:confused:

I hope you get my point brother Sonz. Oh and, I dont think I mentioned Saudi this time.lol.

Allah ma3ak

sonz
12-12-2005, 01:51 PM
salama but im not talking about that

im talking about muslim countries like pakistan yemen syria saudi arabia egypt marroco sudan and i could go on

why dont they work togheter and help each other in economy and merge their armies

masalama

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-12-2005, 01:53 PM

I think the problem is that they havent realized who the real "enemy" is hence they dont see a need to unite. They think the West is their freind and their ally. Thats why they dont see a need to unite against it, and while that is going on, the West is taking advantage and destroying the Muslims behind their back while they continue to remain blinded.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ameeratul Layl
12-12-2005, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
salama but im not talking about that

im talking about muslim countries like pakistan yemen syria saudi arabia egypt marroco sudan and i could go on

why dont they work togheter and help each other in economy and merge their armies

masalama
salam

Plain ignorance I suppose.:-\

Allah ma3ak

format_quote Originally Posted by Åhmed

I think the problem is that they havent realized who the real "enemy" is hence they dont see a need to unite. They think the West is their freind and their ally. Thats why they dont see a need to unite against it, and while that is going on, the West is taking advantage and destroying the Muslims behind their back while they continue to remain blinded.

*Sigh*

I agree.

Allah ma3ak

Nawal89
12-12-2005, 02:07 PM
I think its because muslims arent educated enough about thier aqidah and thier religion. Our deen teaches us to stick together. But then so many people today dont learn. It's expected. Today everyone is after dunya dunya dunya.

MetSudaisTwice
12-12-2005, 02:09 PM
salam
the muslim countries need to remeber and fear Allah for if they fear Allah they will be united
wasalam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-12-2005, 02:10 PM

Thread Moved.

Safa
12-13-2005, 05:34 AM
asalama

ive been thinking :eek:

why wont islamic countries join up their ecomic and armies and work toghther as muslims??? why is there so much distance??

Back in the day, all Muslims countries were united, you may have heard of the Ottoman Empire being one of the largest and successful Muslim Empires in history. But it had to come down. Why? Because Nationalism started developing among Muslim societies, they wanted to form their own sovereign nations, have separate governments etc.

As far as islamic countries uniting their economies and armies, it's not going to work considering they have been fighting each other throughout history to become separate nations.

Noor
12-13-2005, 05:49 AM

A lengthy reply isn’t required when a question similar to this surfaces. For there is one word that can answer your worry filled question, and that is: Kibr.

mariamq
12-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Seriously the best quote that i have read is "It's because of the american dream that the world lives in a nightmare". Thats my mates nickname on msn and its so true Subhanallah.

afzalaung
12-15-2005, 07:13 AM
Muslim nations promote too much nationalism..Like turkiye and malaysia.
while others try to please the kufr population by trying to be seen less pro-Islam as possible.
and the arabs are getting hooked up with their Tribal system again..especially the rich arabs(Khaleej in general)

well..this is my own view.correct me if i'm wrong

imaad_udeen
12-15-2005, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safa

Back in the day, all Muslims countries were united, you may have heard of the Ottoman Empire being one of the largest and successful Muslim Empires in history. But it had to come down. Why? Because Nationalism started developing among Muslim societies, they wanted to form their own sovereign nations, have separate governments etc.
All Muslims have not been united since the days of the great Arab conquests.

Once the chism between sunni and shi'a happened, Muslims have never been united.

The Ottomans hardly united Islam, they conquered other people for the better of their Sultans, profited off of other people and held them in inferior status to that of the Turks.

imaad_udeen
12-15-2005, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mariamq
Seriously the best quote that i have read is "It's because of the american dream that the world lives in a nightmare". Thats my mates nickname on msn and its so true Subhanallah.
That is so simplistic and sophomoric that its laughable.

imaad_udeen
12-15-2005, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by afzalaung
Muslim nations promote too much nationalism..Like turkiye and malaysia.
while others try to please the kufr population by trying to be seen less pro-Islam as possible.
and the arabs are getting hooked up with their Tribal system again..especially the rich arabs(Khaleej in general)

well..this is my own view.correct me if i'm wrong
The Arabs have never abandoned their tribal system.

Safa
12-17-2005, 05:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
The Ottomans hardly united Islam, they conquered other people for the better of their Sultans, profited off of other people and held them in inferior status to that of the Turks.

I never said the Ottomans united Islam, Islam spread on its own or through alternative means. The Ottomans just conquered all those countries and kept them under their rule for centuries.

They weren’t perfect rulers, they had their flaws.

It was still the largest Muslim empire that ever existed despite their treatment of the people, which didn't involve killing them off at least.

imaad_udeen
12-19-2005, 03:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safa

I never said the Ottomans united Islam, Islam spread on its own or through alternative means. The Ottomans just conquered all those countries and kept them under their rule for centuries.

They weren’t perfect rulers, they had their flaws.

It was still the largest Muslim empire that ever existed despite their treatment of the people, which didn't involve killing them off at least.

ok. :)

Snowflake
12-22-2005, 08:49 PM
I'll tell you why muslims countries aren't united. It's all because of money. Why put the emphasis on money? Because of greed. Why greed? Because of lack or deen and love of worldly possessions. You might be thinking what's that got to do with muslims countries not being united?
Well if I was selling something and could only pay me half of what the next person could afford. Wouldn't I rather sell it to the next person and gain higher profits? Trading builds relationships to a point where it comes to 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'. Once money starts coming in, greed increases and relationships between traders strengthen and becomes a necessity for more gain. How can then muslim countries be united when they are too busy pleasing the kuffaars for their own greed?!

Many muslims ask why Saudi Arabia doesn't boycott USA oil export. To keep it short-it's because in exchange for exporting oil they import machinery, equipment, foodstuffs, chemicals, motor vehicles and textiles from USA and other non-muslim countries. It's all about money, money, money! Sadly I don't believe any muslim country is willing to accept financial loss for the sake of Islam and for the welfare of other muslim countries. Saudi Arabia was just one example I used. I'm talking about governments here, lest anyone should think anything else :)

Anyway, I'm too tired to go into economics but hopefully you've got the gist of what I am saying from this much.

I've seen textile retailers in Pakistan, selling material claiming it's made in Japan, just to get more money out of customers. It's not just the muslim governments that suffer from greed. Sadly the majority of the muslim ummah are guilty too, but then that's a whole another topic.

Oh I forgot to say that so how can muslim countries boycott trade with non-muslim countries in favour of trading only with other muslim countries and risk displeasing the kuffar? Firstly they don't want the loss of revenue and secondly they them to act as allies should they go to war e.g general Musharaf sucking up to Bush for help with debts and to act as possible allies in the dispute between Pak & India. So would he object if the US attacked a muslim country? He certainly didn't object when US attacked Afghanistan! I think that about summons up what I'm trying to say. And finally on a personal level aren't we all grateful to Bill Gates for creating windows ;)

Hence, I come to the conclusion that muslim countries will never be united in the way we dream about.

:peace:

Ghazi
12-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Salaam

Thats the dream of many muslims around the world, but remember there will be a time were islam will rule the world but alast we have Goverment leaders in muslim countrys who care about Nationality and not the deen until we change this we can't move forward.

minaz
12-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Good title question, variation of different replies, however surprised not a lot of memebrs not posted:confused: Anywho, this is what i think to the question asked.

First and foremost their isn't such a thing as an Islamic country (in my view). Yeh they may have millions of muslims in population, official religion is Islam, have the star & crescent on the flag etc etc etc. But this is all face value, one has to look at the social levels. look at the grass roots of:
-The education standards
-Living standards
-Political freedom
-The influence of religion
Before looking at a global scale, look at it at a national one, hell even look at it in your own homes! You've heard it time and time again "Islam starts at home". You just have to look out the window and see that one muslim only prays at such and such mosque, whilst another prays at another.
It's a shame a "united muslim world" isn't a reality, if only there was such a thing as an Islamic "UN", oh well Allah knows best. At the end of the day one should practise Islam to his/her's best ability.

Ghazi
12-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Salaam

Okey we've been listing the problem so whats to be done

Snowflake
12-23-2005, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Okey we've been listing the problem so whats to be done
I don't know. Do you have any ideas? It doesn't matter how far-fetched they might seem, I'd still like to hear them.

Ghazi
12-23-2005, 06:11 PM
Possabibly take our youth abroad make them all learned then let them populate

Snowflake
12-23-2005, 09:25 PM
Where abroad bro? The majority of muslims is islamic countries are trying to out do one another in being more westernised. I'm in UK and I've seen more practicing muslims here than in Pak

Ghazi
12-23-2005, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed
Where abroad bro? The majority of muslims is islamic countries are trying to out do one another in being more westernised. I'm in UK and I've seen more practicing muslims here than in Pak
Thinking somewhere along the lines, of mekkah or midinah, but i know this would never happen, by the way I'm in the uk and the Majority of practasing muslims I see are the older generations the youth seem to be doing more haraam then the kufar, remember just cause your perants are muslim you got a muslim name don't make you a muslim.

Snowflake
12-24-2005, 01:12 AM
Thinking somewhere along the lines, of mekkah or midinah, but i know this would never happen, by the way I'm in the uk and the Majority of practasing muslims I see are the older generations the youth seem to be doing more haraam then the kufar, remember just cause your perants are muslim you got a muslim name don't make you a muslim.

SubhanAllah bro, where in UK are you? I am in Birmingham and everywhere you go, you find sisters and broz dressed islamically. More and more are going to mosques and sisters have their own classes, while brothers go to mosques and with jamaats. The older generation think they practice islam, but note the older ladies do not even cover their heads properly and they are the worsr offenders when it comes to bidah, following hindu traditions. But anyway I went to Pak lkast Dec and I never seen any woman with her head covered in the cities like Lahore, only in the villages.

But what do we do bro? I wanted to emigrate to Pak myself just to take my son out of this country while he is small. But ppl warned me saying Pak is worse off. Thank God now I am beginning to see more and more muslims covering up. I'm like wow am I still in England?????????????

I really don't know what to do but we have to strive to do the best we could for our kids. I am planning to gather some information on islam for young children and distribute it around my area on a weekly basis. Who knows it might help inshaAllah. I'm trying to find teachers who are willing to teach islamic education to youngsters after school. You know in mosques they only get taught the Quran, without ever knowing what they have read. My lil bro goes to a madrassa and even there they only learn Quran and no islamic education is given like what islam is, it's basic principles and how they should obey their parents etcetc. I just think if I make this effort and even if it affects the way a few youngsters grow up, it could benefit the generation after. I don't know what else to do. We really need to educate the young generation because they are the tomorrows generation. We will live what? another 50-60 yrs if that. So it's up to us to sow the seeds of Islam in their little hearts, so when they are older they can benefit from our efforts and continue to spread islam.... I don't know what to say anymore.. it really gets to me :'( :'( :'(

Just if any bro or sis can pass on hadiths or quranic verses to me that can be beneficial for a young muslims islamic education, I shall be really really grateful to you. Allah will reward you inshaAllah.

:( :( :(

liongood9
12-24-2005, 05:58 AM
I'll tell you why muslims countries aren't united. It's all because of money. Why put the emphasis on money? Because of greed. Why greed? Because of lack or deen and love of worldly possessions. You might be thinking what's that got to do with muslims countries not being united?
Well if I was selling something and could only pay me half of what the next person could afford. Wouldn't I rather sell it to the next person and gain higher profits? Trading builds relationships to a point where it comes to 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'. Once money starts coming in, greed increases and relationships between traders strengthen and becomes a necessity for more gain. How can then muslim countries be united when they are too busy pleasing the kuffaars for their own greed?!

Many muslims ask why Saudi Arabia doesn't boycott USA oil export. To keep it short-it's because in exchange for exporting oil they import machinery, equipment, foodstuffs, chemicals, motor vehicles and textiles from USA and other non-muslim countries. It's all about money, money, money! Sadly I don't believe any muslim country is willing to accept financial loss for the sake of Islam and for the welfare of other muslim countries. Saudi Arabia was just one example I used. I'm talking about governments here, lest anyone should think anything else :)

Anyway, I'm too tired to go into economics but hopefully you've got the gist of what I am saying from this much.

I've seen textile retailers in Pakistan, selling material claiming it's made in Japan, just to get more money out of customers. It's not just the muslim governments that suffer from greed. Sadly the majority of the muslim ummah are guilty too, but then that's a whole another topic.

Oh I forgot to say that so how can muslim countries boycott trade with non-muslim countries in favour of trading only with other muslim countries and risk displeasing the kuffar? Firstly they don't want the loss of revenue and secondly they them to act as allies should they go to war e.g general Musharaf sucking up to Bush for help with debts and to act as possible allies in the dispute between Pak & India. So would he object if the US attacked a muslim country? He certainly didn't object when US attacked Afghanistan! I think that about summons up what I'm trying to say. And finally on a personal level aren't we all grateful to Bill Gates for creating windows ;)

Hence, I come to the conclusion that muslim countries will never be united in the way we dream about.

:peace:

I agree. Saudia Arabia is suppose to be helping the Muslim Countries. I've heard people say King Fahd is was just a propaganda. Saudia Arabia doesn't help Muslim Countries because Muslim Countries don't have enought money. Well if Islamic Countries don't have money, they can't be helped. I'm amazed because America has helped built many countries then Saudia Arabia.

Ghazi
12-24-2005, 11:10 AM
SubhanAllah bro, where in UK are you? I am in Birmingham and everywhere you go, you find sisters and broz dressed islamically. More and more are going to mosques and sisters have their own classes, while brothers go to mosques and with jamaats. The older generation think they practice islam, but note the older ladies do not even cover their heads properly and they are the worsr offenders when it comes to bidah, following hindu traditions. But anyway I went to Pak lkast Dec and I never seen any woman with her head covered in the cities like Lahore, only in the villages.

But what do we do bro? I wanted to emigrate to Pak myself just to take my son out of this country while he is small. But ppl warned me saying Pak is worse off. Thank God now I am beginning to see more and more muslims covering up. I'm like wow am I still in England?????????????

I really don't know what to do but we have to strive to do the best we could for our kids. I am planning to gather some information on islam for young children and distribute it around my area on a weekly basis. Who knows it might help inshaAllah. I'm trying to find teachers who are willing to teach islamic education to youngsters after school. You know in mosques they only get taught the Quran, without ever knowing what they have read. My lil bro goes to a madrassa and even there they only learn Quran and no islamic education is given like what islam is, it's basic principles and how they should obey their parents etcetc. I just think if I make this effort and even if it affects the way a few youngsters grow up, it could benefit the generation after. I don't know what else to do. We really need to educate the young generation because they are the tomorrows generation. We will live what? another 50-60 yrs if that. So it's up to us to sow the seeds of Islam in their little hearts, so when they are older they can benefit from our efforts and continue to spread islam.... I don't know what to say anymore.. it really gets to me :'( :'( :'(

Just if any bro or sis can pass on hadiths or quranic verses to me that can be beneficial for a young muslims islamic education, I shall be really really grateful to you. Allah will reward you inshaAllah.

:( :( :(

True Birmingham has got a large muslim community; I'm in liverpool and the youth don't practise their deen that much, and I've observed this by the amount of people I know and see in the mosque, you're more Likely to see the youth running the streets then in the mosques.

Snowflake
12-24-2005, 11:36 AM

True Birmingham has got a large muslim community; I'm in liverpool and the youth don't practise their deen that much, and I've observed this by the amount of people I know and see in the mosque, you're more Likely to see the youth running the streets then in the mosques.
Yup I'm lucky to be in Birmingham. It's a shame about what you said abt what you see in Liverpool. Do you think you can help them in some way? I think the muslim leaders of each city should take it upon themselves to do something about this. Maybe you can bring it to their attention. God forbid they are not too busy driving around in the swankiest cars, bought by funds collected for the mosques :-\

asma2
12-24-2005, 01:06 PM
how can they be united when one hates the other country and it is all to do with american who act like they think are on thier side at the same time fighting with every muslim country one by one.i can only blame that to our self as we are not talking our religion seriously.and not sticking up toghther we should have done like the oldern days at the prophet time

Snowflake
12-24-2005, 03:07 PM
can't disagree with ya there sis

Ghazi
12-24-2005, 03:10 PM

Is't there an hadith that forbids the believers to settle among the mushrikin

liongood9
12-26-2005, 03:18 AM

Is't there an hadith that forbids the believers to settle among the mushrikin

I don't know if there is a hadiith but I heard my parents tell me that it is forbidden to live in Kaafir land and that the Scholars said you can't live in Kaafir land.

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-26-2005, 04:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by liongood9

I don't know if there is a hadiith but I heard my parents tell me that it is forbidden to live in Kaafir land and that the Scholars said you can't live in Kaafir land.

Please refer to the in-depth analysis found on IslamToday.com, specifcally this fatwa.

Abu Omar
12-26-2005, 01:02 PM

First of all, which are these "Muslim countries"?

There you pretty much have it. Syria, Jordan, Egypt etc are ruled by people who do not care about Islam, but only for their own interests. Also there are much Bidah widespread in the world. But be confident in the promise that the Caliphate will return, because it will, according to Ahadith. I know it's hard to imagine this when looking at today's situation when Shirk and Bidah is widespread, and Muslims get slaughtered everywhere, but we are promised a greater future.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.