PDA

View Full Version : is coke harram???



A iz 4 Allah
12-12-2005, 06:59 PM
can some one please tell if coke is harram because of the freemason? :? if yes what else is? i really want to know more about the freemasons so if someone can fill me in please:smile:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
karim
12-12-2005, 10:17 PM
:sl:


i think that coke is not haramm i always drink coke


:w:
Reply

hidden_treasure
12-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

No, coke is not haram...only the drug coke....along with every other drug...lol
Reply

mariamq
12-13-2005, 08:32 AM
What does freemasons have to do with coke?? Im confused...
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
UmmKhadi
12-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Salaam aleikum

There are a lot of urband legends going around about coke being owned by freemasons, about Coke paying money to Israel... bla bla...

Coke itself is not haram. There is no haram ingredient in it.
Reply

Snowflake
12-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by A iz 4 Allah
can some one please tell if coke is harram because of the freemason? :? if yes what else is? i really want to know more about the freemasons so if someone can fill me in please:smile:
:sl:

Coke itself isn't haram but it's the actual name that has been under the spot light. Apparently CocaCola spelt backwards in the old arabic text means No Muhammed-No Mecca (astaghfirullah). Well it is a Jewish company after all. See link below.



http://www.---------------/dhimmiwatc...ves/002735.php

:w:
Reply

cihad
12-13-2005, 12:28 PM
i heard that some time ago there used to be coke(haraam-intoxicant)
in it

but now they say it is no longer used
Reply

libyanhero
12-13-2005, 12:34 PM
I heard there is alcohol in it, doesnt matter how little there is, if thats true than coke would be haram

I don't drink coke anymore, my favourite is ginger ale, 7-up but I stopped drinking the caffeine drinks and started to drink juice, it really feels purer to drink juice and it doesnt fill u up like the pop does,
Reply

Rabiyal
12-13-2005, 12:39 PM
:sl:
Wow it's so nice to know that I am not alone, I have heard off all the things mentioned above, and thought I was crazy...good to know there are others, who have also heard those things...
Reply

~Raindrop~
12-13-2005, 12:41 PM
salaam
i havent heard ab the alcohol (Allah forbid) but iv heard others...how do we know theyre not just rumours?
wassalaam
Reply

libyanhero
12-13-2005, 12:49 PM
my dad is a chemist I should have him check it out
Reply

sapphire
12-13-2005, 12:52 PM
welll Allah knowes best...i've stopped drinking fizzy drinks...
Reply

~Raindrop~
12-13-2005, 12:54 PM
salaam
jazakallah bro libyanhero :)
and sis sapphire...i was supposed to have done that too :-[
wassalaam
Reply

MetSudaisTwice
12-13-2005, 12:57 PM
salam
i doubt Coke is haram, but no way i will stop drinking fizzy drinks lol
wasalam
Reply

S_87
12-13-2005, 02:20 PM
:sl:
dont drink it.
theres so much regarding it..this and that. that i think its not going to kill me to stop drinking it right?
actually fizzy drinks are bad for teeth so dont drink much :P
Reply

Mujahideen
12-14-2005, 09:58 PM
Aslamalykum. i don't know if it is haram or not. but i heard from Ivonne Ridley that they are giving Israel the money to slaughter Palestinians.
Reply

Z
12-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Salaam.

Most of these things are created out of spasms of boredom. I drink Pepsi. Who cares if it stands of Pay Every Penny, Save Israel.
Reply

brotherhood
12-14-2005, 10:03 PM
:sl:

coca cola can damage the body. And harming the body is haram..

anyone with to correct me?
Reply

- Qatada -
12-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by brotherhood
:sl:

coca cola can damage the body. And harming the body is haram..

anyone with to correct me?

wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.


i agree with you bro. :) check this link out to see the 'benefits of fizzy drinks'

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...ighlight=pepsi


insha Allaah.



wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.
Reply

Z
12-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Salaam.

This is most ridiculous. Does this mean that fast-food is Haraam too?
Reply

- Qatada -
12-14-2005, 10:16 PM
wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.


first of all, both of you guyz calm down insha Allaah.

second - we cant say whether its haraam or not because we dont have evidence, i just said i agreed with bro 'brotherhood' about fizzy drinks being bad for a person.


brotherhood: by the way - you cant edit your posts until u become a full member (reach 50 posts insha Allaah.)



wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.
Reply

Mujahideen
12-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Most of these things are created out of spasms of boredom. I drink Pepsi. Who cares if it stands of Pay Every Penny, Save Israel.
:sl:
save Israel from what.
Reply

Mujahideen
12-14-2005, 10:55 PM
it seems to to take an entire lifetime for your post to reach 50. Neways I don't know whether they are supporting Israel or not, but you cant prove these rumours wrong either. if you want more info visit http://www.inminds.com/
Reply

brotherhood
12-15-2005, 11:57 PM
yea i'm struggling with 50 posts. i dont like coke anyway
Reply

Rabi'ya
12-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Assalamualaikum

I dont think that Coca Cola in itself is haraam. However we should look at the profits from Coke. According to websites I have read and other articles CocaCola does use some of its profits to support Israel and also, as others have sed drinking copious amounts of fizzy drinks is harmful to the body and therefore this act would be haraam.

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

Ghazi
12-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by A iz 4 Allah
can some one please tell if coke is harram because of the freemason? :? if yes what else is? i really want to know more about the freemasons so if someone can fill me in please:smile:
:sl:

I'd like to say I've also heared these so called urban lagends about coke but I don't thing nothing of these claims Just click on the link below.
http://www2.coca-cola.com/contactus/...getarians.html
Reply

Snowflake
12-22-2005, 11:54 AM



I gave a link of this site in an earlier post but it seems it went unnoticed. Anyway I wanted everyone to see this pic. Astaghfirullah, I can't even touch anything which has such words written on it, let alone drink from it. Although my seven year old did ask ,"Mummy can we remove the label and then drink it?" lol bless ;D

Ermmm.. good try son but the answer is still no!
Reply

hidden_treasure
12-23-2005, 05:00 AM
salams,

why would it be haram to give money to jews? i have heard the prophet muhammed (saws) used to buy and sell to the non muslims, and these were known to be the enemy at that time...(correct me if im wrong.)

islam is easy, lets not make it difficult for ourselves.
Reply

hidden_treasure
12-23-2005, 05:02 AM
maybe if i turned my name upside down, and twisted it round and round, it would probably do the same...

this just sounds like nonsense to me..lool.
Reply

umm-kulthum
12-23-2005, 05:27 AM
assalm alaikum wa rahamtullahi wa brakatu!
basically everything is linked and supports israel.. so ... i tend to drink it but allahu alaium!
Reply

Z
12-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Salaam.

Ha, what pathetic people. Who on earth decided to turn a logo upside down, twist it, and then do a little more tweaking so that it reads something like what they say it does? Idiots!

You'll be even more the idiots if you believe in that too! God help you people.

Get a life, find a job or something. Pray some extra Salaah even, stop wasting time in petty little things like this.

Everything is linked? With Israel? I can tell you've been sitting with those brothers at the Masjid a little too long. Come on, you can't be serious.

Ok, can I not wear Reebok too because it says Kobeer backwards?
Reply

akulion
12-23-2005, 09:57 AM
salam alaikum

i think we should make a post to investigate each drink in its own thread
Pepsi
Fanta
Mountain Dew
etc etc

lool I am just kidding :P

I dont see any reason why coke should be haram since none of its ingredients are haram
As far as its harms and benefits go - in moderation coke dosent do much harm, but if you are a cocacola-a-holic then I guess yes you could be damaging yourself really seriously!

The name of coke spelled backwards is just a "myth" it dosent say that stuff! Only IF you graphically modify it by drawing lines and filling in some spaces then yes it "somewhat" starts to resemble "no Allah no Mohammed" in Arabic but EVEN then you have to REALLY point it out to the person trying to guess what it says lol

As for coke's contributions to Isreal and such Issues, I have yet to see a conclusive document stating such a thing - relying on heresay is not the way of Muslims. Additionally what coca cola does with their money is not our affair..otherwise someone could easily argue that ALL western products are haram because the money is used to purchase Alcohol (which the directors probably do drink if they are non muslims)

phew....now all that said lets have a glass of Coca Cola :D
Reply

Z
12-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Salaam.

No. Wait! It's Haraam!
Reply

akulion
12-23-2005, 10:06 AM
its haram?
how come?
Reply

Z
12-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Salaam.

Well those guys say that it gives money to Israel, it harms your body, its logo promotes their is no God, No whatever. Doesn't that make it Haraam?
Reply

akulion
12-23-2005, 10:15 AM
but thats the point i was making in my post akhi

its logo does NOT say there is no god etc
there is no PROOF it gives money to Isreal and even if it did thats their money to do with as they please...otherwise if this was criterion to make something halal or haram then EVERY product being sold in UK and USA would be haram since those 2 govts charge taxes on all products and then support isreal!
And lastly coke does harm to your body if you drink it a LOT
in moderation the harm is no bigger than eating something sweet
Reply

Snowflake
12-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Ummmm as long as you're not attached to an intravenous drip feeding you coke 24/7, drinking it in moderation is not harmful. I mean sugar is harmful for diabetics, that doesnt make it's consumption haram does it? Anywayz, it's the logo that bothers me. Akulion bro what makes you think that is doesnt say No Muhammed-NO Mecca? It looks perfectly clear to me.

So back to the question. Let's not look at the fact if coke is haram due to it's ingredients as that alone is not enough to label it haram. Let's go a little bit deeper to understand why muslims are calling to boycotting Coke and coming up with alternative beverages like Mecca Cola and so on.

Cola, Pepsi, 7UP, Taco Bell, MacDonalds, KFC are all freemasonic companies. Yes they do support Isreal. They are the enemies of Islam. Now think for yourself. Is the purchase of their products haram? I believe it is. If an enemy of Islam came up to you and asked you to donate money for Isreal? Would do you do it? So by buying their products you are effectively funding their means/efforts to destroy Islam. Yes! Yes! Yes! In that perspective Coke is haram!


Read more about freemasons here and you'll understand better inshaAllah


http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503547288

:w:
Reply

akulion
12-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Cola, Pepsi, 7UP, Taco Bell, MacDonalds, KFC are all freemasonic companies. Yes they do support Isreal. They are the enemies of Islam. Now think for yourself. Is the purchase of their products haram? I believe it is. If an enemy of Islam came up to you and asked you to donate money for Isreal? Would do you do it? So by buying their products you are effectively funding their means/efforts to destroy Islam. Yes! Yes! Yes! In that perspective Coke is haram!
That criterion alone makes it Haram to live in UK and USA which support Isreal yet a huge number of Muslims live in these nation pay taxes there, buy products there and contribute to the organizations there by working there.
This is not basis at all for making something halal or haram!

Secondly the word NO is LA - 'Lam Ilf' not just 'Lam' alone if you are telling me the image posted

means No Mecca No Mohammed - I would tell you it dosent because even if you were to make the far drawn conclision that image means what is implied it means even then it is saying "l-mecca" and "l-Mohammed" and NOT LA Mecca and LA Mohammed

Furthermore I took the liberty of taking the Coke Logo - mirroring it and then producing a MORE accurate "comparison" with Arabic Alphabet:

If you notice the Letter they are trying to pass off as MIM actually looks more like a Ha

and in one image the the SAME ending alphabed cocA colA is passed off as different Arabic letters to suit their perverted purpose: in one word as DA and in the other as HA

I think I provide enough proof to dismiss any "conspiracy theories" here insha'Allah

Always remember dont pass fatwas on such issues because
a) we are not Muftis to do so and
b) without solid proof such activities are simply not possible
Reply

akulion
12-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Even Animals Love Coke
Reply

Mujahideen
12-24-2005, 10:20 PM
aslamalykum. i think if some1 does further research in to where exactly the money goes everytime we buy coke that would be good. neways we can't just sweep everything under the carpet and say so wot if the money goes to Israel. at the end of the day its your own broders and sistas their slaugthering so y would you wanna give them blood money
Reply

akulion
12-24-2005, 11:50 PM
salam alaikum
but thats the Issue I keep pointing out

WHERE the money goes is NOT an Issue which can be used to make it halal or haram!

Why?
Because otherwise dealing with the USA or UK would become completely HARAM because they support Isreal which is a proven fact!
All the following things would be classified as haram IF that argument was to be taken:
- Paying Taxes in USA or UK (thus in turn making it impossible to live there)
- Buying products in UK or USA
- Doing Business with those countries
- Partaking in organization or institute which pays taxes to those Govts

So if anyone who says Coke is Haram on the basis that the money is sent to Isreal should be true to their word and not ever again eat drink or use any products which directly or indirectly pay taxes or royalties to the UK and USA govts because they are direct supporters of Isreal.

I hope my argument makes things clear insha'Allah.
Reply

akulion
12-25-2005, 01:38 AM
salam alaikum

Since we are on the topic I thought I would mention a few other "Baseless rumours" being spread across the net. We should avoid them please insha'Allah.

Pepsi Is Haram because....

Take the Pepsi Logo and do a mirror image of it..spelled backwards it is..

Add a A inbetween and draw a line on the P

Take the circular logo and add the 6 points on the logo to draw a line and you get...




KFC is Haram (even the ones in Muslim Countries) because...
What we dont know is that K dosent really stant for Kentucky...see for yourselves!




Kellogs is Haram because.....
Special K is actually...Special Kafirs....




So insha'Allah remember not everything is a conspiracy against the Muslims:blind:
Reply

solid_snake
12-25-2005, 05:58 AM
I'm addicted to drinking coca cola :eek:
Reply

08101990
12-25-2005, 06:09 AM
^same here, if i don't drink coca cola i usually get a head ache... maybe they do have something like cafine in it?
Reply

mehnaz
12-25-2005, 06:33 AM
Salaam,

hmmm....i dont like aerated drinks....so i'm safe anyways....:):)...fresh fruit juices are soooo much more better....

W'salaam
Reply

akulion
12-25-2005, 06:58 AM
well try and drink them in moderation insha'Allah
you seem to have drunk too much and as mentioned earlier in access it becomes very harmful for you

try ad rid yourself of this dependency on coke or other such drinks
salam alaikum
Reply

Snowflake
12-25-2005, 10:26 AM
:sl:


I know what you're trying to say Akulion bro, but I disagree. We don't have a choice when it comes to paying taxes. Our taxes fund services like the National Health service (NHS), education, Police, ambulance, fire, rubbish removal, social security and such. Did you think we are so lucky as to be given these services for free? The government uses income tax for many purposes. We have no choice but to pay it. They spend that money as they want and that includes international aid (including to muslim countries). The country the government supports does not make our paying of taxes haraam. We don't have a choice do we to pay tax. This applies to every individual, whether they are an employee, retailer or businessman/woman. The government do not collect taxes for supporting Israel/destroying Islam. If they give aid to Israel, that's their political agenda. They do it today, they might not do it tomorrow. But freemasons do only that. That is their sole purpose.

If a non-muslim beggar came up to you on the street and asked for money for food, being a charitable muslim, you'd give what you can afford. You do this out of humanity, for the sake of Allah. But if that beggar was to go buy fish and chips and a can of Coke, does that make the money you gave to him haram? No it does not. But if an open enemy of Islam was selling you something, with you knowing what that money was going to be used for, that makes it haram.


So willingly supporting a freemasonic company that makes no excuses for opposing Islam, and makes no bones about wanting to destroy Islam, questions one's morality greatly. Does it not bother a person that their money is directly being used against islam and for the bloody slaughter of muslims. You might as well go and buy a weapon to kill muslims and present it to them by hand. That is the result of supporting freemasonic companies.

I think denying this, is just an excuse for carrying on drinking coke etc. To them who say they are coke addicts.. well I was the biggest addict of all. But as soon as I wised up, I quit drinking it. I did it for Allah, for our muslim brothers and sisters. I gave up MacDonalds. I gave up buying any product that I knew to be a freemasonic one. I withdrew my hand from purchasing products from the open enemies of islam.

If anyone wants to carry on despite knowing what they know, then do it. If your conscience can bear it and you will die without drinking coke, then carry on. I only have to answer for my deeds and you to yours. I hope people can live with the fact that every can of coke they buy, buys a bullet to kill a muslim.


May Allah be with you. Ameen.
Reply

SUNNY
12-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Well,
I agree with sister nadia. When it coems to taxes we don't have a choice they fund so much including our wages. However knowing that buying some cafein blocks mixed with water is aiding the fight against muslims then I thank you kafir's for all your hard work, all that drinking, you deserve eternal hell.

About freemaison, I have done some reasearch (and met shady characters at libraries) and have found out that freemaison are a "secret" brotherhood that helps themselves. You have muslim free maisons jewish freemaisons athiest free maison etc. There was alot and still is alot of properganda against them becuase of their "power" as they seemed to have infiltrated, everywhere. I do not deny that freemaions can be Islamaphobic but generalising that supporting a freemasonic cause (like watching the simpsons :loving: ) supports the death of other muslims (especially when there are freemaison muslims:brother: :coolious: ).

i cant think of anything else to say that woudl enable me to kill 15 minutes for my food to get ready so,

wa-aliekum-aslaam. :peace:
Reply

sapphire
12-25-2005, 11:04 AM
so u guys havent come to a conclusion yet????well i think the drink in it self isnt haram....and we dont have fizzy drinks unless on occasions......
Reply

mehnaz
12-25-2005, 11:30 AM
Salaam,

---------------------------------------------------------
There are various articles, on the net saying coke contains alcohol, is it haraam or not, yet many muslims are still drinking it, what would be your advice or verdict halal or haraam or another. ??

Principally, if the alcohol is extracted from grapes or dates it is not
permissible. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, 'Khamr (wine) is
from these two trees, dates and grapes.' (Mishkãt p. 317).

Furthermore, Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, 'Alcohol itself
is prohibited and intoxication in every other beverage.' (Hidaaya vol. 4 p.
497).

In view of the abovementioned Hadith, since the alcohol in coke is from
ethanol which is fermented from sugar cane mollasses and does not
intoxicate, it is permissible. However, if one is doubtful, he may exercise
precaution and abstain.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
FATWA DEPT.

---------------------------------------------------------

source:http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=6408

W'salaam
Reply

Snowflake
12-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Yesss I've come to the conclusion sis ;)

I'm backing it up with:

Is a knife haram? No but killing someone with it is.

Is TV haram? No, but watching objectionable things on it is.

Is makeup haram? No, but beautifying yourself for a ghair-mahram is.

Is intercourse haram? No, but outside of marriage is it.

Similarly, ingredient wise, Coke is not haram, but funding it's makers, knowing the purpose of it's profits is.

Let me reinforce my statement in another way. If someone asked me for a knife to chop onions. me, giving them a knife is not haram. But if someone asked me for a knife to kill someone, then I am guilty of aiding and abetting them to a killing. So I participated in a haram act.

I think, I rest my case :peace: :coolsis: :peace:
Reply

sapphire
12-25-2005, 11:50 AM
pst sis tv is Haram!!!!yeah i didnt think coke is haram...this isnt going anywhere but ppls own opinions!!!!maybe we should ask around different imaams....inshallah we will get the answer.......
Reply

SUNNY
12-25-2005, 11:54 AM
hehe well i agree with sis nadia (u'd think we were related lmao!). Abrar im glad u agree too coz we all no coke aint haram as as substance, but paying for the can is...I hmmm i wander what will happen if my mate bought me some...^^
Reply

Snowflake
12-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Sis TV isn't haram. TV is a tool, it's how we use it is haram ;) If TV is haram then so are computers :D

And how can TV be haram when we can watch islamic programs, DVD's etc on it. It's our choice how we use these appliances. Music is haram but we can listen to Nasheeds and islamic lectures on hi-fi's, cd players etc etc. Just because music is haram it doesnt make cd players haram does it?
Reply

Snowflake
12-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Abrar
this is STUPID.Coke ain't haram.

You're right the ingredients in coke are not haram but funding the freemasons is :peace:
Reply

akulion
12-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Salam Alaikum
I am sorry but you guys are totally wrong...with regards to Taxes you do have a choice.
And thats migration ;)
Migrate to a country which dosent support Isreal :D

The main thing is where we wana make excuses we can find 100
but where we dont wana hehe then all is fair

no-fair - play fair and when logic is presented - keep it logical

and neither is there any proof presented so far and yet you say it is supporting free masonic causes?

But since you did compare the country govts to doing good as well then let me present you with the good Coca Cola is doing around the world

Coca-Cola China Limited has donated over 30 million yuan (3.6 million US dollars) since 1993 in support of China's community programs, Chairman of Coca-Cola China Limited Steve Chan said Saturday in Beijing.

Chan received an honorary "Mother River" Award Friday from eight Chinese ministries and commissions in recognition for Coca-Cola's contributions in the area of environmental protection and development in China.
Source Site

In hope that handicapped children can stand on their own feet, personal computers and other educational materials are donated annually to 10 public schools for the deaf, blind, and disabled in the CCWJ territory. By the end of fiscal 2005, such donations will have been made to a total of 126 schools.
Source Site

Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation

As a tribute to its legacy of civic service, the Coca-Cola Company created the Scholars Foundation in 1986 to mark its 100th anniversary. Located at the company's headquarters, the scholarship fund is a competitive national program for college-bound students who, in their high school years, demonstrate superior academic achievement, as well as leadership and community service. These criteria reflect the Coca-Cola Company's desire to support the educational goals of young people who are most likely to "make a difference in the world." Each scholarship award is made for a two- or four-year term; funds are available for the recipient's chosen course of study in an accredited post-secondary institution. In recent years the application process has been opened nationwide to all high school seniors and students attending two-year institutions.
Source Site

Coca-Cola Commits $1 Billion To Comprehensive Empowerment and Entrepreneurship Program
Source Site

Coca-Cola Valued Youth Program Celebrating Twenty Years of Keeping Students in School

Big Idea: Dropout prevention programs can help schools increase their "holding power" if they are designed to recognize students' inherent value, their contributions, and their potential significance to their communities and society, as a whole.
Source Site

Coca-Cola the ENTIRE company cant be over 100 Billion Dollars...
Wheras the USA gives 10 Billion Dollars Annually to Isreal every year since the last 40 years!
Thats 400 Billion Dollars!!!!

and quite frankly you want to make Coke "haram" (which you dont have the juridiction to make haram in the first place)

wheras a country which OPENLY bombs and kills Muslims - you want to keep that on the side lines?

Tsk tsk

So in the end if you want to boycott anyone dont boycott Coca Cola but Boycott BUSH and BLAIR

And remember just because a place suits your need and you know is guilty - dont defend it while bringing forth accusations against a company which you cannot even back up!

And most important insha'Allah - Do not pass Fatwas!! None of us here have the Authority to declare something Haram!

I believe I have presented my arguments with enough backing and proof - so Insha'Allah I will leave it at that for everyone to think about and base their decision on REAL proof as opposed to "hearsay and rumours"
Reply

Snowflake
12-25-2005, 01:15 PM
I agreeeeee with you suggesting migration. But it's true while we live, work here we have no choice but to pay tax. Migration, as wonderful and appealing it may seem is not easy. I have considered it before and still am willing but like I said I can't.

That's not an excuse. I have very valid reasons, because my life is entwined with others who would not migrate and me doing that alone would bring them great unhappiness. For example If I migrated, I'd take my young son with me. As I am not longer with his father, this would bring great unhappiness to my son and his father as they would be ripped out of each others lives. In my eyes an act like that would be so inhumane. Anyway, thats one factor, there's hundreds more, but we're going off topic, if you know what I mean.

Still, I stand by my earlier statement, that there is a helluva difference between paying taxes and directly increasing the funds of the kufaar.

:peace:

Oh and another thing. UK, wasnt built to destroy Islam but the society of freemasons was.
Reply

Z
12-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Salaam.

If people had such Taqwa and love for Allah, they would migrate too.

We love the benefits, and the NHS.
Reply

akulion
12-25-2005, 01:27 PM
...only now do I understand why women only have half a vote....

...---... (SOS) to all alien passing crafts, please save me

lol
Reply

Snowflake
12-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

If people had such Taqwa and love for Allah, they would migrate too.

We love the benefits, and the NHS.

I agree bro Z, secretly I wish we'd get booted out. Then we'd all have to go.
I'd never stay for material reasons and forget the NHS. Our own countries are advanced enough in medcine mashaAllah.
Reply

Halima
12-25-2005, 01:34 PM
:sl:



Some of you members I have noticed are trying to sum up a conclusion upon your selves to decide wether coke is haraam or not when in fact no one is here qualified to come to the conclusion in the first place. Please read here....


12: Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.


:w:
Reply

Snowflake
12-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by akulion
...only now do I understand why women only have half a vote....

...---... (SOS) to all alien passing crafts, please save me

lol

Brother, there's no need to get personal. Stick to the arguement. It will suit you better inshaAllah :peace:
Reply

Z
12-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Salaam.

Maybe all this boycott thing will never work. How many of you know about marketting? I for one can tell you right now, the alternatives to Coke and Pepsi are not exactly what you think they are. The image of being a warrior in helping to stop the Israel bullets, who has proof that you are doing such thing? They may give some of their profits to Muslim charities, but what else do you know about these companies?

It's called twisted maketting. Coke has been accused of this, let's jump on it.
Reply

Snowflake
12-25-2005, 01:41 PM
You're right boycotting will never happen. Our own muslim broz and sis's cant live without coke so to speak. And as far as proof is concerned.. don't you know what freemason means? What their goals are? Do some of your own research inshaAllah you will learn a lot about it.
Reply

Z
12-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Salaam.

I was talking about the alternatives. Why do they have such a positive image?

I know who the freemasons are. I heard of them like 7 years ago. I've had the tapes by Abdul Karim too. And all the other 'Shadow' series. Allah knows best about these things.

What we must do is just stick to our 5 daily prayers. You'll be suprised many of the people who promote all this boycott Israel and such 'logo twisting' business hardly have evidence of Sunnah on their faces, and don't even pray their Salaah. The ones in my town don't anyway.

Let us first become better Muslims. Then think about Jihad.
Reply

akulion
12-25-2005, 01:49 PM
oi! I wasnt getting personal :P

I was making a joke lol serious!!

And yes bro the concept you are talking about is called "Canibalization" in marketing.

What basically happens is this.....
Lets say Coke notices that its sales are falling for some reason....
So it launches a NEW product called ISLAM COLA
now its corporate identity is well hidden not to disclose it belongs to Coca Cola...so Muslims think "oohh my cola Islam Cola :D"
and start buying it like crazy and shout slogans "boycott coca cola"

Now whats happend is this...

Coca Cola had 40% of the market Share to begin with
Decreased Sales were 10%
Introduction of ISLAM COLA - it picked up 5% of the market
So the loss of Coca Cola was reduced how?
The maths:
40(original) - 10(loss) + 5(gain thru Islam Cola) = 35 :D
IF they had not launched Islam cola their loss would have been greater
The maths:
40(original) - 10(loss)=30

In addition the Launch of Islam Cola increases the OVERALL size of the market segment
so for example if the Previous market had been 100000 users
With the launch of Islam cola 5000 users also started drinking cola
thus the total market became 105000

So the losses are even further decreased and also the market size has increased so over all now there is more opportunity for coca cola to earn more money :D

So boycotting coca cola wont do much....
Reply

akulion
12-25-2005, 01:53 PM
oh i forgot to mentioned....so its called Canibilazation BECAUSE
Coca Cola canabalized part of its OWN market to save on losses :D
Reply

aamirsaab
12-25-2005, 04:40 PM
:sl:
Coke as in cocaine is harram.
Coke as in coca cola coke aint.
But it tastes nice and comes out fresh out the taps in pakistan.
Man, i haven't had coke for some time.

(thats right folkes, subliminal messagin' - drink coke!<-------that's a joke btw)
Reply

Snowflake
12-25-2005, 06:09 PM
OK, this is what scholars say.....


http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...ticle_04.shtml
Reply

Z
12-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Salaam.

Nadia, that website has issues. Everyone knows that.
Reply

- Qatada -
12-25-2005, 06:33 PM
:wasalamex


No it doesn't. that sites where most people get their fatwa's from.



:salamext:
Reply

Z
12-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Salaam.

And most people are correct are they. Doh.
Reply

Silver Pearl
12-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Wa Alaykum salam Warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Why don’t we all say something beneficial or keep our opinions to ourselves. During the time of the prophet (pbuh) coke didn’t exist and they were happy without it.

If you doubt the product, khalas don’t drink it, no need to go around saying this and that and giving out our ijtihad as though we were qualified mujtahid from Al Azhar University.

Sometimes I find it so sad the Ummah has so much energy in arguing about irrelevant topic and when it comes to something beneficial no one bothers with it. After all it seems arguing is more fun and worthy of your attentions than reading something valuable.

If you doubt something, refrain from it, isn’t that what the prophet (pbuh) said? So why bother insisting that it has to be haraam or halal? Allahu’3llim whether the product is, May Allah (swt) save us from consuming the unlawful.

If you’re going to post at least THINK, perhaps that may save us all from sinning and getting caught up in yet another unnecessary debate with fellow Muslims.

(I seek forgiveness from the creator if I have written something incorrect)
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-25-2005, 07:15 PM
:sl:

Once again reminder:

12.This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.

If there will continue to be prolonged debate about this matter, this thread willl be closed.

:w:
Reply

Snowflake
12-25-2005, 07:27 PM
To Silver Pearl


Ermmm... I think that is one purpose of a forum to be able to air your opinions, hence the discussions/arguements. I was never in doubt, so my argument was presented with a strong belief, not doubt, about Coke being haram. It might not be beneficial to everybody, but that's up to each person to decide. No point in speaking on behalf of others.

Everyone knows Coke wasn't present in the days of the Prophet (PBUH). And neither were todays scholars. They looked at facts and findings, before passing fatwa on Coke. Findings which are sufficient for anybody with 2 braincells to decide whether or not Coke is haram.

I agree if in doubt about something refrain from it. But sorry to say refraining doesnt mean brushing the matter under the carpet. We should seek knowledge about it and only then we will escape our doubts. I'm surprised that despite having given so many facts, some people failed to see my point of view.

I don't see how you can call it an unnecessary debate. Maybe because I'm not a scholar. But hey intellect isn't gathered at 'Universities' you know. I based my argument on facts, which even a blind person could see. only it's the seeing ones that seem to turn a blind eye. Some of the replies were too absurd to even comment on.

I've given a link where you read about the Fatwa regarding Coke & other products. As this will suffice in backing up my arguement, I shall not be participating in this debate anymore.




http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...ticle_04.shtml
Reply

akulion
12-26-2005, 05:25 AM
Salam Alaikum

These fatwas against GOODS but not GOVTS are very convenient I am guessing because a lot of these shaikhs are living in USA or UK

The SAME arguments they have given against the companies can be applied against the govts as well.

I reject these fatwas on the grounds:

“Since we are not allowed to engage in physical Jihad, we have to benefit from what we can call economic Jihad
Source Site

Since when did Physical Jihad become "not allowed" there is not a single scholar on EARTH who can cancel out the commandment of Allah by his own fatwas! The prophet and his companions faught against the kuffar despite being very few in numbers - there is no excuse for cowardice!

Basically, a Muslim is not allowed to assist in strengthening the economy of non-Muslims at the expense of Muslim and national economy.
Source Site
How come this is only applying to companies? Why not country governments which are directly responsible for the military? Sounds like hipocracy to me!

American goods, exactly like “Israeli” goods, are forbidden. It is also forbidden to advertise these goods.
Source site
They have not given any Quranic Ayah or Hadith to back up their arguments. And once again they talk about companies and not the governments! Plus they UTTERLY faily to provide documentation backing up their claims that ALL american companies give money to the US govt, plus I ask, its ok to WORK for these companies but not buy ther products? Amazing!

First of all, I’d like to stress the fact that economic boycott to American and Israeli products is a religious obligation. It is a form of sincere obedience to Allah and His Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him). Muslim jurists have also agreed that it is a necessity. Every Muslim, who really believes in Allah and His Messenger, should believe - in the depth of his heart - that the boycott is an act of worship or `Ibadah dedicated to Almighty Allah.
Source Site
How convenient that the boycott of GOODS show "obedience to Allah" but the boycott of the governments and to migrate from these countries is NOT! This is pure hipocracy!

Lastly from the article:
4. Surely wherever we spend our money we support the US and Israeli governments, even our taxes support the US and Israeli governments; so why pick on some companies and boycott them?

Our inability to totally avoid US and Israeli goods is no excuse for us not to do anything. The companies to be boycotted are the major supporters of the Israeli occupation of Palestine and the US occupation of Iraq. If we can successfully campaign against these then the support of the others will, insha’Allah, evaporate.
Source Site
These guys obiviously do not know much about Politics, The largest source of financing of the War is not companies but the sales of arms! The war fuels itself - as long as the USA and UK can cause fear in the hearts of surrounding Muslim nations and sell them arms, the war will continue! Perfect example is them selling arms in huge quantities to Saudia Arabia and now even to Libya! (since after the war in Iraq - just a single airplane costs millions of dollars and tanks too!) Secondly the war is Financed through TAX PAYERS money so wouldnt that take precedence over Company contributions which come probably last amongst the list?


I stand on my grounds that who so ever says buying American and British goods is HARAM should also move out of these countries because paying Taxes and working for the companies of these countries (services vs goods) and also shopping in their markets is ALSO suporting their economy!

We cannot turn a blind eye to one side and choose the one which is convenient!

If haram then 100% haram - not pick and choose as you like:peace:

PS: if you computer is DELL then it should be HARAM too (if u accept these fatwas!)
Also notably if you are using the internet it becomes Haram as well since it is a US invention and the central Command net for the Entire Internet is in the USA not to mention 95% of ALL internet traffic is going through Sattellites owned by the USA!
Not to mention: Internet Explorer (USA)
Microsoft office (USA)
Microsoft Windows (USA)
Linux (USA)
Macintosh (USA)
Netscape (USA)
Firefox (USA)
A US good or service? DEFINATELY!

So I find it very funny the same Sheikhs are using US technology with US software on their computers and then saying boycott US goods?

tsk tsk what is the world coming to!

I personally use Opera which is from Norway :D lol
Reply

*charisma*
12-26-2005, 05:32 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

For those who think its haraam or questionable, just dont drink coke and inshallah research more on this subject instead of taking bits and pieces of fatwas and hadiths and stating ur opinions

For those that just dont give a care, Inshallah you are doing the right thing, but also research to make sure it is 100% halal..

Alhemdulilah im not faced with this problem as i dont drink pop at all, but just watching everyone argue over this is crazy lol...

May Allah guide us All to the righteous path ameen.

inshallah no one was offended by my post

Barak Allah feekum

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Reply

akulion
12-26-2005, 05:51 AM
walikum salam wr wb

my personal opinion (on the greater issue not just coke) is as follows:

It is high time the Muslims instead of migrating to and living in the USA and UK started facing the hardships and trials of life in their own under developed homepands t make them better!

Passing fatwas on Coca Cola while living in the USA is pure hipocracy in my opinion. Sheikhs doing such things only lose complete respect in my eyes.

They often do not take into account a simple thing... GPS (global positioning Sattellites)
This ENTIRE network 100% of it is owned and run by the US govt! It is the system by the use of which ships are able to sail throughout the oceans and position themselves on radar and such devices. It is also the system because of which ALL planes are able to successfully navigate through out the skies.

Boycotting American goods should include this - then where would we be?

I say boycott ALL these tyrants USA, UK, ISREAL and their friends and allies!

Take our capital and ourselves away from these countries and shift to peaceful nations or our homelands!

Develop our own nations and build our own ummah together even if we have to face hardships.

At this point I would like to Quote for you all a surah from the Quran and compare it to the world of today:
Surah 80 Abbasa
1 The (Prophet) frowned and turned away.
2 Because there came to him the blind man (interrupting).
3 But what could tell thee but that perchance he might Grow (in spiritual understanding)?
4 Or that he might receive admonition and the teaching might profit him?
5 As to one who regards himself as self-sufficient
6 To him dost thou attend;
7 Though it is no blame to thee if he grow not (in spiritual understanding).
8 But as to him who came to thee striving earnestly
9 And with fear (in his heart)
10 Of him wast thou unmindful.
11 By no means (should it be so)! For it is indeed a Message of instruction:

--------------------------
This surah talks about a blind man who approached the Prophet(s) while he was preaching to a influential and rich group of Quraish leaders. The blind man kept asking questions but the Prophet turned away from him and attended to the Qurais leaders upon which this ENTIRE surah was revealed!

5 As to one who regards himself as self-sufficient
6 To him dost thou attend;
Dosent this sound a lot like the USA and UK ? Self sufficient not in need? Yet we all want to attend to them - give them dawah - live in their contries! How come?

8 But as to him who came to thee striving earnestly
9 And with fear (in his heart)
10 Of him wast thou unmindful.
Dosent this sound like our current Muslim Ummah? Striving earnestly but in fear of the enemies pouncing upon them? And we turn away from them? Move out of our homelands and shift to the west.

OUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE
and we are too bust in the west living peaceful lives!
It is something to think about.

Heaven is in the shade of swords (sacrifice)

Will we take on this sacrifice or make excuses of boycotting goods while supporting their economy by living there all our lives!

The choice is ours to make bros and sisters!

This is not just a thread about Coca Cola - this is a thread about all that is right and wrong.

May Allah swt benefit us from the good in it and safeguard us from the bad in it ameen.
Allah knows best and all that I may have said wrong unknowingly know that it was my error and may Allah swt forgive me. And all that I said right it was from Allah swt.
Reply

Z
12-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Salaam.

Didn't I say that website has issues. Why doesn't anyone believe me.

I guess only those Muslims who have found themselves again after years of being lost as Muslims get this sudden burst of Faith in them and believe such things as. May Allah help us all.
Reply

*KB*
12-30-2005, 12:47 PM
:sl:

well i heard that coke was haram when i was young but thats rumours!:confused: i can tell u that this boy told me that if u drink pepsi you're killing palestines or sumfin so i don't really know!:-\

:w:
:coolsis:
Reply

sunnah_rox
12-31-2005, 10:05 AM
Salamu alaykum.
heard the coke thing so many tymes don't know if its true or not, but i saw da picture that was goin around of "no muhammad no mecca" and actually stoped drinking, just for the sake of been on the safe side. but according to my lil bro your a "fundamentalist" if you stop drinking coke! which in turn makes you a "terrorist". it just keeps getting worse. But seriously coke,and infact all soft drinks aren't really healthy for us especially coke it does damage to your teeth
Reply

afriend
12-31-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed
:sl:

Coke itself isn't haram but it's the actual name that has been under the spot light. Apparently CocaCola spelt backwards in the old arabic text means No Muhammed-No Mecca (astaghfirullah). Well it is a Jewish company after all. See link below.



http://www.---------------/dhimmiwatc...ves/002735.php

:w:
Astaghfirrulah....Wow there's a lot of things I did't know about arabic words spelt backwards...Like Maddona's song where she's got the Qura'an playing backwards. Now Cocacola is something bad spelt backeards...

Subhaanallah.:confused:
Reply

akulion
12-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by akulion
That criterion alone makes it Haram to live in UK and USA which support Isreal yet a huge number of Muslims live in these nation pay taxes there, buy products there and contribute to the organizations there by working there.
This is not basis at all for making something halal or haram!

Secondly the word NO is LA - 'Lam Ilf' not just 'Lam' alone if you are telling me the image posted

means No Mecca No Mohammed - I would tell you it dosent because even if you were to make the far drawn conclision that image means what is implied it means even then it is saying "l-mecca" and "l-Mohammed" and NOT LA Mecca and LA Mohammed

Furthermore I took the liberty of taking the Coke Logo - mirroring it and then producing a MORE accurate "comparison" with Arabic Alphabet:

If you notice the Letter they are trying to pass off as MIM actually looks more like a Ha

and in one image the the SAME ending alphabed cocA colA is passed off as different Arabic letters to suit their perverted purpose: in one word as DA and in the other as HA

I think I provide enough proof to dismiss any "conspiracy theories" here insha'Allah

Always remember dont pass fatwas on such issues because
a) we are not Muftis to do so and
b) without solid proof such activities are simply not possible

u be the judge of which is true and which is not - be fair in ur evaluation if you know Arabic!
Reply

julie sarri
02-27-2006, 03:33 PM
:sl: coke is not good for you but i dont thinck its haraam i drinck it:w:
Reply

smile
02-28-2006, 04:41 PM
????

u guys are confusing me
Reply

Omer21
02-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Why do we always argue about stupid thing here? chill out everyone. Im sick of people on here juming to everything is Haram. Everything is not a conpirisy take things for what they are worth, if you like coke drink it, if you like pepsi drink it. We as muslims waste too much time on stupid things like coke spelled backwards is no god see I found a link some where to prove it, gimme a break. Coke is made in Atlata Georgia for the most part it is carbonated water, sugar syrup and coloring. It helps to digest biryani after partys so Im game for a nice cold glass of pop after food. Peace out.
Reply

------
09-25-2007, 11:19 AM
:salamext:

So what's the final conclusion?
Reply

Ummu Sufyaan
09-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by akulion
u be the judge of which is true and which is not - be fair in ur evaluation if you know Arabic!
:sl:
woahhhh!! even my arabic is limited and guess what. in arabic laa (meaning no), is spelt لا not just ل as it has there.
Reply

Woodrow
09-25-2007, 11:42 AM
:w:

CocaCola like all franchise names is produced in many different countries. the name is bought by the local Bottlers and they have to use the same basic ingrediants. How ever, there are variations in the way it is made and where it is made.

Here in the USA people usually notice that Coca Cola made in The southern States usually has more sugar than the Coca Cola bottled in the Northern States.

Coca Cola is an international corporation, it is owned by share holders world wide. You can not call it any specific country product any more. at the moment the majority of the share holders may be Jewish, but i would suspect there are now a very large Number from China. the Chinese have been doing a large amount of investing in International corporations.

Here is a link that will tell you were all of the bottling plants are located. remember the individual bottling plants are owned by individuals there and run by people there. The bottling plant in Palestine is one of the largest employers in Palestine. The plant is owned and operated by Palestinians. they only bought the right to use the name.

http://ir.thecoca-colacompany.com/ph...&p=irol-irhome

Every share owner is a co-owner of the company. even you can be a co-owner. Currently the stock sells on the stock market for about $50 per share. Everybody who owns any shares even one share is a co-owner of the company.
Reply

NoName55
09-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by akulion
u be the judge of which is true and which is not - be fair in ur evaluation if you know Arabic!
one would need a very fertile imagination to arrive at conclusion wanted by some.

when the rumors of coke being haram first started to float around, Iran had,"coincidentally" started selling its own brand of cola drink
Reply

NoName55
09-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by maryam11
:sl:
woahhhh!! even my arabic is limited and guess what. in arabic laa (meaning no), is spelt لا not just ل as it has there.
:w:

dont forget, these people can look at odd shaped trees or cloud formations, varicos veins and tomato halves etc to spell anything. and no one dare object lest they be accused of denying a "miracle"
Reply

sevgi
09-25-2007, 03:46 PM
coke isnt haram...if we are speaking about the same kind of 'coke'...

if it comes in any form other than liquid...keep away...

otherwise, i think we are fine...

im just playing.:playing:
Reply

guyabano
09-25-2007, 06:43 PM
all I know is, that Coke helped me to keep awake during my studies and Coke also contains Phosphor, which give an push to the brain.
Reply

Kittygyal
09-25-2007, 07:10 PM
:sl:







:w:
Reply

MTAFFI
09-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Coke has caffeine in it and that is a drug, does that not make it haraam? Also try this out if you dont think coke is bad for you

Step 1: Take styrofoam cup 8 oz
Step 2: Fill cup with coke
Step 3: Leave coke for 1 week
Step 4: Clean up the mess from the coke eating through the styrofoam cup

In my opinion anything that can eat through a styrofoam cup cant be good for you, and I am not positive but isnt anything considered "bad for your health" haram? Personally I drink nothing but water milk and occasionally some sort of unsweetened drink. But then again I am a bit of a health freak. Sugar drinks make you fat, fizzy drinks like coke typically are harsh on the stomach and liver since your liver has to filter out basically everything except the water in the fizzy drink. Best bet, purified water, milk, juice if you must (lots of sugar) or some herbal drink. Just my opinion though! :D
Reply

Fishman
09-25-2007, 07:42 PM
:sl:
Since when did Freemasons want to destroy Islam anyway? Come on people, conspiracy theories bring us nowhere. Zionists don't put pork in coke, there is (probably) no alchohol in it and coke doesn't have any secret Masonic connections to speak of. It's times like these that I get rather embarrassed about my Ummah. We spend too long blaming others without realising that we are at fault too. Every time a Muslim does something wrong it's all about pro-Israeli CIA plots and George Bush and Mosad agents, rather than some positive self-criticism...
:w:
Reply

NoName55
09-26-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by MTAFFI
Coke has caffeine in it and that is a drug, does that not make it haraam? Also try this out if you dont think coke is bad for you

Step 1: Take styrofoam cup 8 oz
Step 2: Fill cup with coke
Step 3: Leave coke for 1 week
Step 4: Clean up the mess from the coke eating through the styrofoam cup

In my opinion anything that can eat through a styrofoam cup cant be good for you, and I am not positive but isnt anything considered "bad for your health" haram? Personally I drink nothing but water milk and occasionally some sort of unsweetened drink. But then again I am a bit of a health freak. Sugar drinks make you fat, fizzy drinks like coke typically are harsh on the stomach and liver since your liver has to filter out basically everything except the water in the fizzy drink. Best bet, purified water, milk, juice if you must (lots of sugar) or some herbal drink. Just my opinion though! :D
:sl:

coke has caffeine in it and that is a drug
as do tea coffee and many other energy drinks
does that not make it haraam?
No, it was a hoax perpetrated by haters of anything American and to promote their own alternative.`
Step 1: Take styrofoam cup 8 oz
Step 2: Fill cup with coke
Step 3: Leave coke for 1 week
Step 4: Clean up the mess from the coke eating through the styrofoam cup
can that be done with any carbonated drink or just coke?
:w:
Reply

manwithnogun
09-26-2007, 12:57 AM
the most harmful ingredient in coca cola now a days is high fructose corn syrup. High fructose corn syrup is a cheep kind of sugar used in most sodas. it itself depletes the body of nutrients and vitamins. It is broken down in the liver instead of the stomach, which is much less healthy. Another problem with high fructose corn syrup is that it takes calcium from your body and concentrates it in your kidneys. which leads eventually up to kidney stones....(for those who might not know what kidney stones are they are essentially rocks in your kidney).
while there is still a lot of coke made today without high fructose syrup it has become standard in the united states. So just wanting to let everyone know some of the dangers of drinking coke. you might want to check the next time you drink coke to see if it contains high fructose corn syrup. i've tried to avoid drinking it especially during Ramadan because i certainly dont want to damage my health while fasting. so just a heads up to all those avid coke drinkers
Reply

guyabano
09-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by akulion
salam alaikum

Since we are on the topic I thought I would mention a few other "Baseless rumours" being spread across the net. We should avoid them please insha'Allah.

......
Reply

islamirama
09-26-2007, 08:22 PM
I don't know about haram but all carbonated drinks (coke or pepsi ) are bad for you and unhealthy. Many ingredients US companies use are considered lethal and illegal and banned in Europe. Here's just one ingredient that is in other US food products.

High Fructose Corn Syrup
http://www.westonaprice.org/modernfo...hfructose.html

here's some other ones
http://www.foodreactions.org/allergy/additives/
Reply

wilberhum
09-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Great wisdom.
My Mommy use to say, “Everything in moderation”. :D

Drinking a Coke or two a week should not be an issue,
Drinking a six pack a day is an issue. :hiding:
Reply

Woodrow
09-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by NoName55
:sl:

as do tea coffee and many other energy drinks No, it was a hoax perpetrated by haters of anything American and to promote their own alternative.`
can that be done with any carbonated drink or just coke?
:w:
can also be done with plain water. Ask any old man, on this forum, who has tried to keep a styrofoam cup of water on his bedstand. Sometimes it happens in just a few hours.
Reply

sevgi
09-26-2007, 08:53 PM
^^^

perhaps its the foam cups we shud be worried abt...

lets use glass cups...

and im sure Allah has created our stomaches and intestines etc a lot stronger than a foam cup...

the natural fluids in our stomaches break down the coke...so it is stronger...if our stomaches arent being eaten away at by the stronger somache fluids,,,im sure coke is ok...
Reply

islamirama
09-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Just don't drink coke and eat mentos at the same time :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_RwQoidqIDQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KWJoM52nhH4
Reply

Grace Seeker
09-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by islamirama
Just don't drink coke and eat mentos at the same time :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_RwQoidqIDQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KWJoM52nhH4

Yeah, the mentos and coke mixing can create quite a reaction. And that is true when done in a bottle, but the show Mythbusters exposed that the same thing doesn't happen in your stomach -- though it might cause you to burp more.
Reply

islamirama
09-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
Yeah, the mentos and coke mixing can create quite a reaction. And that is true when done in a bottle, but the show Mythbusters exposed that the same thing doesn't happen in your stomach -- though it might cause you to burp more.
put a few menthos in your mouth and take a big sip, see what happens:D
Reply

MTAFFI
09-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by sumeyye
^^^

perhaps its the foam cups we shud be worried abt...

lets use glass cups...

and im sure Allah has created our stomaches and intestines etc a lot stronger than a foam cup...

the natural fluids in our stomaches break down the coke...so it is stronger...if our stomaches arent being eaten away at by the stronger somache fluids,,,im sure coke is ok...
look at the ingredients in coke and tell me if Allah made our stomach and intestines to break that sort of disgusting trash down. I would rather eat a pig than drink soft drinks any day. They say if you drink 1 coke a day for a year you will gain 10 lbs. Although then again I am a bit of a health nut, so to each his own. :)
Reply

aamirsaab
09-27-2007, 07:45 PM
:sl:
I thought this thread was about the drug coke not coke coke.

Guess you do learn summat new every day.
Reply

NoName55
09-27-2007, 07:52 PM
first I did not know what styrofoam (turned out to be polystyrene cups) was now its this menthos, I am confused about
Reply

Jnd
09-27-2007, 08:28 PM
assalaamu alaikum.

you guise are absolute idiots, this is the first thread i've read on this forum, i've just signed up - and i'm thinking of quitting! the only way i can think of coke being haram is because the company gives money to israel, now personally - i boycott israeli brands so i don't buy it anyway. but all the turn it round flip it clockwise blah blah is a load of crap, get a life. Islam is about more than this.. you people are so wrapped up in your little picking at un-importantness, you forget about practising Islam! well, that's what it seems like to me.. you guise need to watch Ummah Films..

Ma' Salaama, Jnd.
Reply

Kittygyal
09-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jnd
assalaamu alaikum.

you guise are absolute idiots, this is the first thread i've read on this forum, i've just signed up - and i'm thinking of quitting! the only way i can think of coke being haram is because the company gives money to israel, now personally - i boycott israeli brands so i don't buy it anyway. but all the turn it round flip it clockwise blah blah is a load of crap, get a life. Islam is about more than this.. you people are so wrapped up in your little picking at un-importantness, you forget about practising Islam! well, that's what it seems like to me.. you guise need to watch Ummah Films..

Ma' Salaama, Jnd.
:sl:
Easy now blad! don't quit +o(

Yo just joined yeah take it easy mate.

''Month of Ramdan'' rings a bell :rollseyes

No need call us Idiots :enough!:

Come on dude it was just a question someone wanted to ask and wanted a answer for it..
We are practising islam *well im* ... Don't speak for others mate and don't think were not practising NEVER judge... Allaah does that no-one else does

relax man

smile :)

Ma'assalama
Reply

NoName55
09-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jnd
assalaamu alaikum.

you guise are absolute idiots, this is the first thread i've read on this forum, i've just signed up - and i'm thinking of quitting! the only way i can think of coke being haram is because the company gives money to israel, now personally - i boycott israeli brands so i don't buy it anyway. but all the turn it round flip it clockwise blah blah is a load of crap, get a life. Islam is about more than this.. you people are so wrapped up in your little picking at un-importantness, you forget about practising Islam! well, that's what it seems like to me.. you guise need to watch Ummah Films..

Ma' Salaama, Jnd.
alaikum assalaam

If we are idiots, you are not learned or are absolute hypocrite.

for one thing you should throw away your computer as it may have Israeli Intel parts or Israeli branches of Microsoft, do you know how many Jews work for Intel Microsoft and a zillion other manufacturers, the only way to truly boycott Israel is, if one moves to Tora bora and throws away everything electronic including your mobile phone and PC

now i bet I get infractions

btw. why do I never hear people saying boycott India, Iran or Russia?
do you know who has killed more Muslims since 1946 to date?
Reply

Kittygyal
09-27-2007, 08:50 PM
salamualikum.

RELAX PEOPLE AND FORGIVE PLEASE?

no need for insulting one another!!!

MONTH OF RAMADAN!!

The dude just joined in read the forum rules :)

ma'assalama
Reply

NoName55
09-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by NoName55
alaikum assalaam

If we are idiots, you are not learned or are absolute hypocrite.

for one thing you should throw away your computer as it may have Israeli Intel parts or Israeli branches of Microsoft, do you know how many Jews work for Intel Microsoft and a zillion other manufacturers, the only way to truly boycott Israel is, if one moves to Tora bora and throws away everything electronic including your mobile phone and PC

now i bet I get infractions

btw. why do I never hear people saying boycott India, Iran or Russia?
do you know who has killed more Muslims since 1946 to date?
I recieved folloing reply in private to above question
India, Russia, China may have killed lot of Muslims but they are not occupying Muslim land as theirs for 60yrs like palestine, torturing, raping, killing and doing as they please, turning the land into a prison for the inhabitants
firstly see how Iran is swapped with China (who has helped us a few times, also it's Muslim population is more free than in many "Islamic" countries)

which of the following countries are larger and populated by Muslims

Palestine
Kashmir
Gujaraat
Chechnya
Assam and Bengal
+ a number of former soviet republics

which of the following countries were surrounded by barbed/razor wire and land mines long before Israeli apartheid wall?

Kashmir
Bangladesh

where are more Muslims missing? in kashmir and chechnya or palestine?

which country fought Iraq and caused millions of Muslim deaths was it China or dajjalic Iran?

which dajalic state promotes terror and actively brainwashes Muslim children to commit suicide and bring death and destruction to entire villages?

PS. how long has kashmir been occupied?
:thumbs_do
Reply

islamirama
09-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Try this for your diet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbk9nR7d2wA
Reply

NoName55
09-28-2007, 12:32 AM
^^ all that thunderous and rousing music in the clip does not do much for me. Nor does it change the facts on the gronud.

while there is no denying that there is an on going holocaust, but numbers tell me that it ain't in Israel or Palestine.

dajjalic scum has made so much noise about Palestine that it has drowned the dying screams of Gujaratis, kashmiris, chechans and many may other Muslims.
Reply

Woodrow
09-28-2007, 01:07 AM
What happened to Coca Cola?

Why does this sound like an argument?

Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 105
    Last Post: 06-01-2012, 01:18 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 04:41 AM
  3. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 10:18 PM
  4. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 06:20 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!