/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Friends?

Abdullah
12-15-2005, 01:15 AM
Assalam alaikum Brothers and sisters,

I have a question, Is it ok to drop people that are so called friends that dont benefit you in islam? Not only that but Is it also ok to stay away from them when they Lower the faith, not on purpose but by there actions shaytaan has a greater control, because i had sum of these friends, and All i want right now is not "Friends" But More brothers, that benefit myself in Islam or dont harm my faith. So is it ok to drop "Friends" that drop your faith directly or indirectly?

O Btw, Majority of my "Friends" are female, and i kno islam doesnt allow it, So is there a way witout hurting there feelings?

Sorry when i ment Majority of the Friends, I ment the People who bring my faith down , taught i can clear that up :P

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-15-2005, 01:23 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Inshallah I will find some hadiths on this to help more..

but as my personal advice, I think that if they are not beneficial to you in any way, then you should drop them; but if they are getting misguided or straying slowly from Islam and you see this, try to help them first, if they reject then yea forget about them. May Allah subhana wa ta'ala guide them.
Also if you choose to find other friends or brothers, make sure that you can benefit from them as they would benefit from you inshallah.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

*charisma*
12-15-2005, 01:28 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

LOOL brother ok.. lemme add then hehe

O Btw, Majority of my "Friends" are female, and i kno islam doesnt allow it, So is there a way witout hurting there feelings?
Speaking for myself as a girl, the best way.. tell them the truth
say that you are doing this to please Allah and that is what is important. Inshallah if they understand than May Allah reward them for it, but if they still aint getting the clue..May Allah help them..
If they keep trying to keep in contact with you than ignore them and tell them to Fear Allah because they arent worth it as friends or anything else if they keep doing this.

Also keep in mind that when you do the right thing, it might make them think of strengthening their iman as well.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

R_Mujahed
12-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Aslamualikum Warahmatu ALLAH Wabarakatoh

BisALLAH Arhman Arheem,

Dear Brother,

I believe the answer for your questions are in these three verses and in more places in the Quran... If you would like a through explanation then read the explanations of Ibn Katheer, Tabari, and Qurtubi (May ALLAH be pleased with them all) they are clear and amazing!

إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلاَةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ

Verily, your Walî (Protector or Helper) is Allâh, His Messenger, and the believers, - those who perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and give Zakât, and they bow down (submit themselves with obedience to Allâh in prayer). (Al-Ma'idah 5:55)

وَمَن يَتَوَلَّ اللّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ فَإِنَّ حِزْبَ اللّهِ هُمُ الْغَالِبُونَ

And whosoever takes Allâh, His Messenger, and those who have believed, as Protectors, then the party of Allâh will be the victorious. (Al-Ma'idah 5:56)

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ لاَ تَتَّخِذُواْ الَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُواْ دِينَكُمْ هُزُوًا وَلَعِبًا مِّنَ الَّذِينَ أُوتُواْ الْكِتَابَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ وَالْكُفَّارَ أَوْلِيَاء وَاتَّقُواْ اللّهَ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ

O you who believe! Take not for Auliyâ' (protectors and helpers) those who take your religion for a mockery and fun from among those who received the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before you, nor from among the disbelievers; and fear Allâh if you indeed are true believers. (Al-Ma'idah 5:57)

Jazak ALLAH Kol Khyr,

Waslamualikum Warahmatu ALLAH Wabarakatoh

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Brother_Mujahid
12-16-2005, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah
Assalam alaikum Brothers and sisters,

I have a question, Is it ok to drop people that are so called friends that dont benefit you in islam? Not only that but Is it also ok to stay away from them when they Lower the faith, not on purpose but by there actions shaytaan has a greater control, because i had sum of these friends, and All i want right now is not "Friends" But More brothers, that benefit myself in Islam or dont harm my faith. So is it ok to drop "Friends" that drop your faith directly or indirectly?

Sorry when i ment Majority of the Friends, I ment the People who bring my faith down , taught i can clear that up :P
you've got the solution to your predicament in your very own words.

The 'friends' which lower your faith are female, so try avoiding and distancing yourself and excuse yourself from their company politely.

make dua that Allah keeps you firm on the deen and to increase your imaan.

barakallahu feek
wa'alaykumasalam

samina1
12-16-2005, 12:25 AM
salaam,
i would say the samething as charisma, but all i can tel u bro is tht follow ur heart.. and sometimes u have to do wht u have to do, no matter wht.. its all for the best.. u got my dua on it, i promise. tell those friends of urs hey this is wht i have to do, this is whts gana happen.. n may allah help us on it.. thts all.. i know its not easy as sayin it.. but iam sure thy will understand...
ok ma salaam ya khy..
kudahafiz

R_Mujahed
12-16-2005, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah
O Btw, Majority of my "Friends" are female, and i kno islam doesnt allow it, So is there a way witout hurting there feelings?:P
Aslamualikum Warahmatu ALLAH Wabarakatoh

BismALLAH Arhman Arheem,
Dear Brother,

The Truth is Beautiful but hurts as well, Brother telling them this might hurt them but might help them and giving DAWA might change their prospective... so do your best and make DUA that ALLAH will help you and give you strength...and these are some verses that you can show these girls if they are muslim! and may Allah guide them... I mean if you shouldn't look at the opposite sex then how can taking friendships with them be justified...

قُل لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَغُضُّوا مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِمْ وَيَحْفَظُوا فُرُوجَهُمْ ذَلِكَ أَزْكَى لَهُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ خَبِيرٌ بِمَا يَصْنَعُونَ

Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allâh is All-Aware of what they do. (An-Nur 24:30)

وَقُل لِّلْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِنَّ وَيَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.)(An-Nur 24:31)

Jazak ALLAH Kol Khyr,

Waslamualikum Warahmatu ALLAH Wabarakatoh

Maysara
12-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Asalamu caleykum...

Many of our brothers and sisters gave good advice and i would say the same thing as they said. If you have friends that effect your faith in a bad way then give them nasteha but dont just drop them off just like if you were the bad you would like them to give you advice right so talk to them and be a good role model for them and if Allah guides them then they'll be on the right path and if Allah doesnt then he is able to do whatever he wills.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.