/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wudhu

shanu
12-15-2005, 06:10 AM
Assalamu alaikum
Is there any hadeeth that mention that reciting of Khalimah Shahadah (Asahdu an lahilaha illahlahu wa da'u la sharika lahu wa ashadu anna mohammadan abduhu wa rasooluhu) i dunno if ma writing is crrect. PLs 4give me if im wrong. Is there any hadeeth that mention that the Prophet pbuh, mentioned that reciting Khalimah shahadath is a sunnat act? Pls help me. N did da Prophet use a miswaak in his ablutions?

Take care n thank u :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shanu
12-15-2005, 06:11 AM
Im sorry, Is there any hadeeth that mentions that recitation of Khalimah shahada after wudhu is a sunnat act? and did the Prophet use a miswaak during his ablutions.

- Qatada -
12-15-2005, 07:29 PM
wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

masha Allaah some really good questions.

the kalimah shahadat is in many forms, so the same way you have written above;

"Ash-hadu an Lailaha ill Allaahu wah-da'u la sharika, lahu wa ash-hadu ana Muhammadan, abduhu wa Rasooluhu."

"i bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, and Muhammad (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) is the messenger of Allaah (subhanahu wa ta'aala)"

you can also say "La illaha ill Allah" which means 'there is no god but Allaah" Almighty. (subhanahu wa ta'aala) because;

Narrated AbuDharr:

Some of the people from among the companions of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said to him: Messenger of Allah (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam), the rich have taken away (all the) reward.

They observe prayer as we do, they keep the fasts as we keep them, and they give sadaqah from their surplus riches. Upon this he (the Holy Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) said:

Has Allah not prescribed for you (a course) by following which you can (also) do sadaqah? In every declaration of the glorification of Allah (i.e. saying SubhanAllah) there is a sadaqah, every Takbir (i.e. saying AllahuAkbar) is a sadaqah, every praise of Him (saying Alhamdulillah) is a sadaqah, every declaration that He is One (La ilaha illallah) is sadaqah, enjoining of good is a sadaqah, forbidding of that which is evil is a Sadaqah, and in man's sexual intercourse (with his wife) there is a Sadaqah. They (the companions) said: Messenger of Allah (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam), is there reward for him who satisfies his sexual passion among us? He said: Tell me, if he were to devote it to something forbidden, would it not be a sin on his part? Similarly, if he were to devote it to something lawful, he should have a reward.

(Sahih Muslim: Book 5, Number 2198.)

[sadaqah - means "charitable giving"]

so from the above hadith (saying/act of our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam.) it shows that saying "La illaha ill Allah" (there is no god but Allaah" Almighty. (subhanahu wa ta'aala) is sadaqah, so therefore the kalamah shahadat is sadaqah too, so you will get rewarded for it more insha Allaah, the more you recite it.

Regarding your second question. Yes our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam did use the miswak for wudhu, it is mentioned in the following hadith:

"Verily, the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) would use the Miswaak before making Wudhu (ablutions) whenever he arose from sleep, whether it be during the night or during the day."

(ABU DAWOOD)

you can see more info. about the miswak off the following link insha Allaah, and how important it is in islam:

http://www.islam.tc/Miswaak/

wa Allaahu a'lam. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

if you need to ask any other questions, please do ask. jazak Allaah khayr.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

shanu
12-20-2005, 12:51 PM
assalamu alaikum
Thanks, it was very useful
The dua 4 using a miswaak is in arabick, can u pls write down in english so that i can use it please :)
And if i use a miswaak how often must i change the miswaak after use?
pls help
god bless u

shanu

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
12-20-2005, 11:37 PM
wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, you dont have to get rid of the miswak within a time period. you can keep using the same one until you feel that you need to change it. the same way a toothbrush doesn't really have a time limit - but you know when it is the right to change it for a new one.

Second - i cant really read out what is said but i'll try my best to put it into english insha Allaah.

Allaahumma taahir famee wa-nawir kalbee wa-tahiru badanee wa harimu, ja sadee alanaari.

if anyone can transliterate it, that would be appreciated alot insha Allaah.

source: http://www.islam.tc/Miswaak/

if you dont understand - then please do ask insha Allaah. jazak Allaah khayr.

wa Allaahu a'lam. (and Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.)

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh

shanu
12-21-2005, 12:23 AM
asslamu alaikum
I am really grateful for your reply. I shall say this dua each time i brush with miswaak, may god bless u

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.