/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dutch MP plans third Islam film

sonz
12-16-2005, 09:57 AM
salama

i became so angry when i read this. look what she is saying. i make the angry parts bold ok.

The Dutch MP who wrote a controversial film on Islam that lead to the murder of director Theo Van Gogh is planning a third instalment.

Somalia-born Ayaan Hirsi Ali said that in the third Submission feature "God himself will answer their questions".

The first film told the story of women who asked for Allah's help after being raped, beaten and forced into marriage.

The sequel focused on homosexuality in Islam, but Ali said that using Allah in part three would be "the hardest part".

"Who could play Allah? Also you need actors that are not afraid to take on the job," she told Dutch weekly De Groene Amsterdammer.

Ms Ali has already said that the director and all the actors in the short films will remain anonymous for their protection.

Death threats

Ms Ali is known for her frank views on Islamic values, and she was heavily criticised by Muslims who were offended by the first film.

The MP and Van Gogh, a distant relative of painter Vincent van Gogh, both received death threats and the director was killed by a Muslim radical, just two months after the film was shown on national TV.

Mohammed Bouyeri, who is now serving a life sentence, shot and stabbed Van Gogh as he cycled through Amsterdam in 2004. He claimed he acted out of religious conviction.

It sparked a number of reprisal attacks in the Muslim community in The Netherlands, and Ms Ali was forced into hiding after his murder.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4531702.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mehnaz
12-16-2005, 10:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
[B]"Who could play Allah? Also you need actors that are not afraid to take on the job," she told Dutch weekly De Groene Amsterdammer.
Nauzubillah!!!...how can someone even think of something like this....!!!

Bittersteel
12-16-2005, 10:26 AM
I guess this shock occured after Van Gogh's death.

sonz
12-16-2005, 11:03 AM
yeah

wat is she trying to prove?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
12-16-2005, 04:53 PM
She's trying to prove that she's an 'artist'. She fails to realise that no one actually cares about what she's saying - the only reason she gets so much publicity is because of the offence she causes. It's like one of those idiots at school who gets his kicks by being a complete butt-crack to everyone, and thinks he's being 'modern'.

Why she wants to portray Allah in the film is quite beyond me. She obviously needs psychiatric help.

sonz
12-17-2005, 01:04 AM
ur right muezzin

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.