/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sheikh Ali Jabir Passed away ! :'(

Al-Falah
12-15-2005, 04:43 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

i heard that today Shaykh Ali Jabbir passed away.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Noor
12-15-2005, 04:48 AM
Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon

muha0154
12-15-2005, 06:42 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
:
really ? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Inna Lillahi waInna iLayhi Raajioon ! :'( :'( :'(
My thoughts exactly. I feel like I lost a family member, I love the Sheikh so much. If it's true, of course.

Muhammad

afzalaung
12-15-2005, 07:02 AM
Innalillahi wainnalillahi rajioon.
who was he though.:S

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
12-15-2005, 11:09 AM
:sl:

:O :O :O

wait, how do you know this before anyone gets upset?????

MetSudaisTwice
12-15-2005, 11:10 AM
salam
i really want this info to be backed up and authenticated please
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
12-15-2005, 11:12 AM

Ina nilla wa innaa ilay7i raaji'3oon
May Allah grant him janna7tul firdous.Ameen.

Allah ma3akum

Ameeratul Layl
12-15-2005, 11:18 AM

Do people really lie about deaths though? If so, that is....no nice.
Astaghfirulla7il 3azeem

Allah ma3akum

Khaldun
12-15-2005, 02:52 PM

I wouldnt think they would Lie Lie but there could be a misunderstanding, maybe another Shaykh by the name Jaber Allah knows best

And why did you not, when you heard it, say: It does not beseem us that we should talk of it;...

...[If it] comes to you a report, look carefully into it, lest you harm a people in ignorance, then be sorry for what you have done...

BlissfullyJaded
12-15-2005, 03:00 PM

^ Jazakallah khair bro Khaldun. :)

Inna lillahi wa inna illayhi rajioun.

If its true, may Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) grant him Jannah al Firdaus.

InshaAllah there would be something about this in the news...innit.

MetSudaisTwice
12-15-2005, 03:02 PM
salam
jazakallah for enlightening us with that info bro
if the info is true then Inna lillahi wa inna illayhi rajioun.
may Allah SWT grant him the highest status of jannah
wasalam

muha0154
12-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Assalaamu alaykum.

format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
jazakallah for enlightening us with that info bro
if the info is true then Inna lillahi wa inna illayhi rajioun.
may Allah SWT grant him the highest status of jannah
wasalam
Ameen, Inshaallah.

Muhammad

Al-Falah
12-15-2005, 03:32 PM
i was told by a brother yesterday that he passed away yesterday. i was hopeing that maybe someone could conferm this news. thats why i posted it.

Khaldun
12-15-2005, 07:41 PM

You can find confirmation here http://www.alnawader.org/ and the lefthand side

muha0154
12-15-2005, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=Khaldun;129191]:sl:

You can find confirmation here http://www.alnawader.org/ and the lefthand side
[QUOTE]

Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'uun. Subhannallah, I am very sad.

Muhammad

Muhammad
12-15-2005, 08:14 PM

Innaa Lillaahi wa Innaa Ilayhi Raji'oon.

Indeed he was a great Imaam of the Haram and shall be remembered as such. May Allaah reward him for all that he has done for the Ummah and grant him Jannatul Firdaus.

May Allaah also allow his recitation to be a continuous source of Sadaqatul Jaariyah until the day of Resurrection.

Aameen!

:w:

muha0154
12-15-2005, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

Innaa Lillaahi wa Innaa Ilayhi Raji'oon.

Indeed he was a great Imaam of the Haram and shall be remembered as such. May Allaah reward him for all that he has done for the Ummah and grant him Jannatul Firdaus.

May Allaah also allow his recitation to be a continuous source of Sadaqatul Jaariyah until the day of Resurrection.

Aameen!

Aameen.

Muhammad

sapphire
12-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Innalillahhi wainna ilayhi rajiooon!!!!!!!!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-15-2005, 09:37 PM

Subhanallah. May Allah Grant him Jannah and peace in the Grave.

Ameen.

S_87
12-15-2005, 10:12 PM

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhee rajioun!!!!!!!!!!

may Allah Subhana wa Ta'aala grant him jannatul firdaus and fill his grave with nour and his family patience in these times.. Ameen Thumma Ameen.

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-15-2005, 10:17 PM
May Allah swt have mercy on the Shaykh.

For those who don't know him, here is some of his recitation:
http://www.alnawader.net/video/ali-g...408-annoor.ram

Ameen.

ishkabab
12-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Assalamu Alaikum
may Allah Tala make it easy for him from the punishment of the grave InshAllah.............Ameen

Khattab
12-16-2005, 12:55 AM

May Allah (SWT) have mercy upon his soul and grant him an abode in Al Jannah Al Firdous, ameen.

muha0154
12-16-2005, 07:25 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum

Is there any English-language news reported his passing? I don't understand Arabic. I've tried al-Jazeera, I don't think they've reported it. Salaam.

Muhammad

Snowflake
12-16-2005, 09:20 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna ialihi raji oon-May Allah subhana talaa grant him a place in janat-al-firdaus, ameen.

Hisbul_Aziz
12-16-2005, 02:31 PM
if u dont know who im talking about click
http://quran.islamway.com/jaber/055.ram
let us make dua for the sheikh

mehnaz
12-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiyoon....

JazakAllah for sharing that link bro...we have a better idea abt the sheikh now...May Allah swt grant him jannat al firdaus...Ameen..

jzcasejz
12-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'oon.
I found out the news on another forum and as i was reading it i was listening to the shiakh's rectiation in the background :(

not entirely sure about the death date but the news was posted on 15/12/05 on uponsunnah forum

Hisbul_Aziz
12-16-2005, 02:58 PM

Hisbul_Aziz
12-16-2005, 03:09 PM

Shaykh Jabir was amongst the most well known and knowledgeable of the imams of the haram in mekkah. Condolences to his family.

http://www.islamway.com/inc/units/p...field=ID&id=162
بقلوب ملؤها التسليم بقضاء الله تعالى وقدره , فقد بلغ " إذاعة طريق الإسلام "

نبأ وفاة فضيلة إمام الحرم المكي الشريف سابقاً الشيخ " على بن عبدالله جابر " عن عمر يناهز

هذا وإن وفاة شيخ جليل كمثل الشيخ علي بن عبد الله جابر لمما يحزن النفوس ويكدر الخواطر .

فنسأل الله تعالى أن يغفر للشيخ ويرفع درجته في المهديين ، وأن يخلفه في عقبة في الغابرين ، وأن يغفر لنا وله ، وأن يفسح له في قبره وينور له فيه ، وأن يخلف على الأمة فيه خيراً . 53 عاماً, قضى منها قرابة العشر سنوات في إمامة الحرم المكي الشريف كما عمل خلالها أيضاً أستاذا للفقه المقارن بقسم الدراسات الإسلامية بجامعة الملك عبدالعزيز بجدة .

:: صفحة تلاوات الشيخ رحمه الله ::
:: الشيخ رحمه الله إماماً للتراويح بالحرم المكي ::

May Allah have mercy on him and enter him into Jannah

Make Dua for him and show your condolence here

jazakhallah

ABDULLAH SAOOD
12-16-2005, 04:38 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-warahmatullahi-wabrakatu

Inna lillah hi wainna ilayhi rajioon - a truly sad day! May allah the almighty forgive his sins, make the questioning in the grave easy for him, enlighten his grave and grant him the highest abode in paradise.

Truly did enlighten the muslim world with his recitation and knowledge.

His janaza salaah was after Asr in Makkah yesterday.

Masalaam
Br Abdullah

jzcasejz
12-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Dont know if this had been posted yet but I manged to find a picture provided on another site :)

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-19-2005, 03:26 AM

Sheikh Jaber Remembered for Melodious Recitation

P.K. Abdul Ghafour, Arab News

Sheikh Ali Jaber

JEDDAH, 17 December 2005 — Sheikh Ali Jaber, who was one of the imams of the Grand Mosque in Makkah, passed away on Wednesday following a prolonged illness. He was 53.

Sheikh Jaber’s melodious recitation of the Holy Qur’an gave spiritual exaltation to millions of Muslims within the Kingdom and abroad. He worked as professor of Islamic studies at King Abdul Aziz University in Jeddah and associate professor at the university’s Madinah branch.

Dr. Abdullah Omar Naseef, former deputy chairman of the Shoura Council, praised the late scholar for his understanding of the Qur’an, adding that he had made a lot of efforts in teaching the divine book in an attractive manner.

Abdullah Basfar, a well-known reciter of the Qur’an and imam of the Shuaibi mosque, said he used to imitate the late scholar.

“Sheikh Jaber used to recite the Qur’an, at least two parts, every day. He continued this custom even after he fell sick,” Basfar said.

Hasan Safar, a colleague at the university, said Sheikh Jaber’s death was a big loss for the Islamic nation. He gave lectures in fiqh in a unique way, explaining the legal issues in the light of the Qur’an and Sunnah.

“People knew about Sheikh Jaber after he became the imam of the Grand Mosque during the time of King Khaled. His recitation of the Qur’an during Taraweeh prayers was a great spiritual experience,” said Muhammad Haddad, another colleague.

Born in Jeddah in 1952, Sheikh Jaber obtained his doctorate degree in comparative jurisprudence from the Higher Institute of Judiciary. He memorized the Qur’an at an early age and worked as the imam of the Grand Mosque until 1989. Sheikh Jaber died at Bugshan Hospital in Jeddah.
Source:
http://arabnews.com/?page=1&section=...tegory=Kingdom

Umm Yoosuf
12-19-2005, 03:33 AM
Verily to Allah we belong and to Him is our return :'( :'(

May Allah grant him Jannah.

Ameen

Syed Hussain
12-22-2005, 10:19 PM
ASW
His recitation is beautiful i have a lot of his recitations. if you want a taster of his Qirat ill try and give it. Inshallah.
PS shaykh mohammed al mohaisany has the best recitation in my judgement.
ASW
(am i allowed/how can i upload some files on the forum-admin)

Ghazi
12-22-2005, 10:22 PM
salaam
We should all learn knowladge and become learned people cause soon there won't be any left with deaths of our scholars

Syed Hussain
12-22-2005, 10:59 PM
ASW
it is this generation that should create scholars as there are a lot of ikhwanis with the knowledge and iman for the job. Inshallah we shall be amongst them. Make dua for me as i want to be a shaykh inshallah.
ASW

ummhabibah
12-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Innalillahi wainnalillahi rajioon.
may Allah grant the highest post in jannah(Al - firdaus). Ameen

hidden_treasure
12-23-2005, 03:53 AM
assalamu alaikum,

Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi raji'oon....life is so short...

May Allah The Most High have mercy on his soul, may He forgive him of his sins, may He save him from His wrath, and may He grant him al-firdaus -AMEEN

Muhammad
01-07-2006, 01:49 PM

I thought it would be nice for people to be able to hear what he sounds like, and Insha'Allaah we can be inspired each time we listen his beautiful recitation, as well as hope that he earns reward for this blessing that he has left behind to share with us.

A good list of recordings (I think they might be Taraweeh recordings) are here:

http://www.sohari.com/nawader_t/mekkah/ali_jaber.html

Aisha20
01-07-2006, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

Zazakumullah Khair.. cant stop hearing that! my mom is gonna cry! he prays very nice!!

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajiun!
May Allah grants him Jannatul Firdous!
Ameen!

hidden_treasure
01-07-2006, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=Muhammad;151706]:sl:

I thought it would be nice for people to be able to hear what he sounds like, and Insha'Allaah we can be inspired each time we listen his beautiful recitation, as well as hope that he earns reward for this blessing that he has left behind to share with us.

A good list of recordings (I think they might be Taraweeh recordings) are here:

http://www.sohari.com/nawader_t/mekkah/ali_jaber.html

salams,

May Allah reward you for such a beautiful thought.

A7med
01-09-2006, 10:27 AM
salAAM

:ooh: :laugh: :laugh: Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi raji'oon

MetSudaisTwice
01-09-2006, 10:33 AM
salam
it is a great loss indeed, is there any info on the cause of his death?
wasalam

MetSudaisTwice
01-09-2006, 11:07 AM
salam
sorry about that, jazakallah bro zak
wasalam

tRiButE
01-15-2006, 09:57 AM
its really sad to lose a good person,
but then we can comfort ouselves,
with the assurance, that we may be able to see him/her
in Jannah, Inshallah

Innalillahee, wa inna ilaihe rajuoun

Haya emaan
01-15-2006, 10:49 AM
ameer al kuwait sheikh jabir passed away
innalillahi wainnailaihi rajioon

nazapat
01-15-2006, 02:50 PM
innalillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon

BlissfullyJaded
01-15-2006, 03:02 PM

Ermm...zAk...Sheikh Jaber of Kuwait...the leader? His recitation? (That was Sheikh Ali Jabir former Haram Imaam's recitation...:? )

natasha
01-15-2006, 03:17 PM

Riya90
01-15-2006, 03:21 PM
To Allah we belong and to him we will return

May Allah grant him Jannatul Firdous Ameen

sonz
01-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Kuwait's Emir, SHEIKH JABER AL AHMED AL SABAH, who permitted the United States use his country as a launch pad for the illegal IRAQ WAR, has died at the age of 79 after a long illness, according to an announcement made in a statement from the royal court.

Sheikh Jaber survived an assassination attempt in the 1980s.

The SHEIKH, who had been ailing since suffering a brain hemorrhage five years ago, was the 13th ruler of a 245-year-old dynasty which has ruled Kuwait since his ancestors first migrated to the Gulf.

Crown Prince Sheik Saad Al Abdullah Al Sabah, a distant cousin who was previously selected by the emir as his heir apparent in 1978, will take over as the Kuwaiti ruler.

Sheikh Saad is in his mid-70s and has colon problems.

It’s noteworthy that Al Sabah family has ruled Kuwait for more than 250 years.

SHEIKH JABER was a close friend of the United States even before the U.S. military intervention in the country’s 1991 with Iraq. The tiny oil rich country, which served as the major launching point for the U.S.-LED INVASION to oust the Iraqi leader SADDAM HUSSEIN, remained reliant on U.S. forces for defense, and analysts expect this strong alliance to continue under Sheikh Saad.

Kuwait, one of the key members of OPEC, asserted that the death of its Emir won’t change its oil policy aimed at keeping global markets well supplied, Kuwaiti oil officials said on Sunday.

"Kuwait's (oil) policy will not change. It will continue to cooperate with OPEC in the interest of both producers and consumers," an official told Reuters on condition of anonimity.

"The oil sector is running as normal, both production and exports."

Kuwait, a founder OPENC member, produces around 2.68 million barrels per day (bpd), and controls about 10 percent of global oil reserves.

The government of Kuwait, which enjoys one of the world's highest standards of living, announced a 40-day period of mourning.

Also government offices will be closed for three days beginning Sunday.

Kuwait, which sits on one tenth of the world's crude oil reserves, or 95 billion barrels, suffered huge losses from the 1990-1991 Iraq occupation.

Ummu Amatullah
01-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Which Jaber?Recitor or the Kuwaiti Leader?

Wahid
01-16-2006, 09:48 AM
No sympathy for these rulers but Allah(swt) is The judge now that he is dead

Khaldun
01-16-2006, 11:39 AM

No sympathy for these rulers but Allah(swt) is The judge now that he is dead
The Judgement was for Allah even when this man was alive;

...there is no god but He, every thing is perishable but He; His is the judgment, and to Him you shall be brought back
[Surah Qasas Ayah 88]

And was he not a muslim?

...do not despair of the mercy of Allah; surely Allah forgives the faults altogether; surely He is the Forgiving the Merciful. [Surah Zumar Ayah 53]

May Allah have mercy on him.

Inna Lilahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'uun

MetSudaisTwice
01-16-2006, 11:44 AM
salam
inna nillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon
wasalam

aZn_pLayGurL
01-16-2006, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazapat
:rollseyes WhAT doEz DAt mEAn? bUt aNywaYz Ya AllaH JaNaTT aL FaRDoaS NaSeeB KaRRaN *aMeeN** :)

S_87
01-16-2006, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aZn_pLayGurL
:rollseyes WhAT doEz DAt mEAn? bUt aNywaYz Ya AllaH JaNaTT aL FaRDoaS NaSeeB KaRRaN *aMeeN** :)
Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.

from ayah 2:156

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhee rajioun

aZn_pLayGurL
01-16-2006, 11:54 AM
SaLAAmZ

tHaN q x x x WsLaM x x x

Wahid
01-16-2006, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

The Judgement was for Allah even when this man was alive;

...there is no god but He, every thing is perishable but He; His is the judgment, and to Him you shall be brought back
[Surah Qasas Ayah 88]

And was he not a muslim?

...do not despair of the mercy of Allah; surely Allah forgives the faults altogether; surely He is the Forgiving the Merciful. [Surah Zumar Ayah 53]

May Allah have mercy on him.

Inna Lilahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'uun
salam
i think you know wat i mean bro, i meant now we cant do anything to bring him to account(or judging him) about the things he has done and only Allah(SWT)can, before he was alive we could do it and Allah(SWT) also could do that
wasalam

Wahid
01-16-2006, 11:07 PM
And its not for me to judge now if he was a muslim or not, but he allied with US all the time and there are verses about not alling to the disblievers if u dont wana become one of them

muha0154
01-22-2006, 03:56 AM
Assalaamu alaykum

Check this out, a page wholly dedicated to the late Sheikh, rahimahullah...

http://www.alijaber.net/

Salaam

Muhammad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.