/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Much of the Qur'an Do You Know?

Pages : [1] 2

Umm Yoosuf
02-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

How many Juzz (chapters) of the Qur'an have you memorised so far?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
09-15-2005, 06:14 AM
Assalamu alaikum

poll added.

niqaabii
09-15-2005, 03:27 PM
asalam o alaykum
erm..i know 2 chapters of the quran..dats bout it ..planning to learn more inshallah

TEH
09-15-2005, 04:28 PM
That wasnt very nice akhee saab... :D

And this poll is a bad idea, perhaps we should change it to, how to help memorising the Quraan, or how did you memorise the Quraan, no need to ruin peoples intentions...

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TEH
09-15-2005, 05:40 PM
Hey im not saying it because of that, al hamdulillah my quraan learning is fine thanks, I meant because, peoples intentions might get ruined, some people might start treating other people differently, thats all, but hey, youre the MOD zak...

:p

Lonely_Boy
09-15-2005, 06:01 PM
Asslam O Aleakum

well i have learn 15 surah and wish to become hafiz but need u people prayers

Jzakallah
Wassalam

S_87
11-06-2005, 03:58 PM
:sl:
what do you mean sis? in reciting?

first time or continuing from Ramadhan?

Ibn Syed
11-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Do you mean memorizing???You're confusing me with your question.
:w:

Brother_Mujahid
11-06-2005, 11:20 PM
its a trick question to get you all thinking....... how much quran you could have/ should have read/memorised :hmm2:

j50yab
11-06-2005, 11:21 PM

First finished the Quraan when I was eight.
I now try to complete it at least once during Ramadan.

Ibn Syed
11-06-2005, 11:25 PM
If you mean reciting I first finished when I was 8-9(I can't remember). In memorizing I am just starting to memorize Surah Hadid. Plus I know surahs Yasin, Rahman, Waqiah, and some of Baqarah.

Sanobar
11-07-2005, 10:19 AM
salaam!
well if u mean i i finished atleast then yes i did...when i was i guess abt 11! :) and i make it a point to finish the quran atleast once in ramadhan! :):)
ma'salama

Rabi'ya
11-09-2005, 12:04 PM
I have not read it in arabic, but have read maybe 4 times english....

inshAllah will learn to read arabic shortly

Rabi'ya:rose:

Khaldun
11-09-2005, 01:21 PM

Alhamdulilah yes...as for members that would like to learn the Quran in a friendly environment then check this thread out Quran Revision Class

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 01:01 PM
JazakAllah for posting. I am in the process of memorising my 6th surah alhamdulillah. I am learning the translations alongside too so that I can fully appreciate what I am praying....

Rabi'ya:rose:

*KB*
12-30-2005, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j50yab

First finished the Quraan when I was eight.
I now try to complete it at least once during Ramadan.

Marsha ' Allah brother at a young age that was brilliant!
:coolious:

Rukayat
12-30-2005, 01:42 PM
I have only finished reading one ..... on the way for second...

Tasneem
12-30-2005, 02:26 PM

Inshalalh me and my family are almost done:coolious:
We have about 6 or 7 surahs to finish
And then we have to start all over

SaLaMz:peace:

Blue_Moon
12-30-2005, 02:53 PM
I Am On The 70!!!!!!

Bint-Al-Islam
12-30-2005, 03:46 PM
As-salam alekum wr wb
I have finsihed reading reciting Qur'aan since i was 6yrs old
Until Now I am reading and reading Alhamdulillah
I memorized Juzz An-Naba' now i am Memorzing Al-Baqarah until Juzz Al An-Naba' Alhamdulillah
Walekum-salam wr wb

Mawaddah
12-30-2005, 05:15 PM
Alhamdulillah........yes...I have finished the Qur'an many many times in reading. I have also memorized it masha'allah, alhamdulilah to my dads insistence on me doing my Qur'an I was able to finish memorizing it at 12. so now it's just the difficult job of keeping up the qu'ran I've memorized :s

Wassalam

M H Kahn
12-31-2005, 08:44 AM
May Allah help you learn the real Islam

asma2
12-31-2005, 11:15 AM
i have memorized nearly the whole quran i have five surah to go in the whole quran.then i will start again and that will be my first time i finished as memorzing by heart

ameen brother you too

sapphire
12-31-2005, 11:34 AM
If this thread means atleast once...then yeah.....finished the first time when i was real little i cant even remember the age.........and allhamduliah done countless khatams after that........and inshallah will continue to do so...and so will everyone else.....

M H Kahn
12-31-2005, 12:14 PM
It is a great mercy of Allah that you have memorized the holy Quran. While it is necessary to keep the same in tact in memory, it is much more important to understand the laws of faith in Allah and all that He has ordered us to do, and worship none but Allah.

Allah has said in the Quran.[2:79]: "Woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say: 'This is from Allah,' so that they may sell it for a petty price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they have earned ."

This verse signify that those who write books imlying something as a part of the religion, while the same is not actually so, are destined to suffer woe in the world hereafter. The above verse was revealed by Allah to indicate some Jew and Christian scholars who falsely attributed their own writings to Allah. But if we look around us in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and other neighbouring countries we find almost all of our religious teachers in mosques and madrashas fall in the same category in that they earn a big chunk of their livelihood by writing books of amulet(tawiz) and/or writing amulets both group giving a false notion to the ignorant mass that the so-called tawiz therapy has come from Allah, and thus they fraudulently plunder not only money of the ignorant mass, but they also demolish their faith, while the frauds themselves still remaining revered religious scholars.

This is not all; they also cheat people with the idea that if they( the people) hire them (the mullahs) to pray to Allah on their behalf, the prayers will be heard, while in Islam one must do his duty to Allah himself.Since almost all the socalled scholars or mollahs of the said countries have become corrupt, it is the need of the hour for all the honest people to study the Quran and re-discover the true Islam where there is neither any tawiz therapy nor any provision for sale and purchase of iadah which is to be done not for earning money but for the sake of Allah alone.

Please share views to free Islam from the grip of the mollahs most of whom are perverted.

ummbilal
12-31-2005, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Syed
If you mean reciting I first finished when I was 8-9(I can't remember). In memorizing I am just starting to memorize Surah Hadid. Plus I know surahs Yasin, Rahman, Waqiah, and some of Baqarah.

Allhumdulilah

Takumi
01-03-2006, 04:37 AM
It's fardh ain to recite Al quran with tajweed. Quran memorization without proper tajweed is a desecration of Allah's speech.

I've listened to many imam's of taraweeh. They read so fast that their mudood are messed up and their ghunnah are not properly applied. This makes me sick.

I'd rather the imam reads slowly and doesn't finish the Quran then reading fast but compromise greatly on the ahkaam.

al quran without tajweed is like a body without a head.

city_dweller
01-12-2006, 09:54 AM
I haven't finished reading it, but alhamdulillaah I have read some suraahs. I'm still memorizing it, although I have been for years now :(... insha'Allaah I'll have it completed soon..

abdikani
01-16-2006, 02:44 PM
salaamu alaykum yaa amina my allaah bles you and allaah will saying you
alqiyaama iqra warqa kamaa turatilu filduyaa ina manzilatuka inda aakhir
aya qara,taha allaah joesen you to be hafiz quranal kariim al hamdulilaah
i askink alaah to save you from hell fire salaamu alaykum

salaamu alaykum ayaa qaari,a quraan ina fadlulaahi alayka kabiir
fahmidillaaha aladii radiya anka hataa tokuuna hafiz kalaamihi:brother:

*shamz*
01-20-2006, 06:18 PM
i finished 4
im on my 5
mashaAllah

samina1
01-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Even If I Finished Da Quran Million Times Iam Still Not Finish.... Always Remeber Quran Is Unstop. No Matter Hw Many Times Ur Finish.. Its Always Has To Be Readin Again N Again.. Inshallah...
Well Neva Be Done With Quran My Broz N Sistahz...
P.z Iam Jsut Remaindin U Guyz Thts All, No Hard Feelins..

salman128
01-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Ive finished it a few times, but now im going through it again. This time slowly, trying to undertand and document the verses, I am on an Nisa right now, which is very relevant

abdikani
01-21-2006, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *shamz*
i finished 4
im on my 5
mashaAllah
shamz jazaaka laahu kula khayr ididnot finish qura,anmy sister shamz know
ina qura,an light from alaah (nuur) he didnot give his nuur except the one alaah merce him my alaah bles my sister shamz and all brother,s and sister
in islaam

Umm Safiya
01-21-2006, 09:32 PM

I've read al-Qur'ân in english 2 times I think, 1 time in danish and I'm not finished in arabic yet.. I'm at surat Ta Ha, starting from the last surah..
As far as memorizing, then I know 11 surahs by heart, alhamdulillâh..

abdikani
01-21-2006, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AsilahRana
Alhamdulillah........yes...I have finished the Qur'an many many times in reading. I have also memorized it masha'allah, alhamdulilah to my dads insistence on me doing my Qur'an I was able to finish memorizing it at 12. so now it's just the difficult job of keeping up the qu'ran I've memorized :s

Wassalam
bismilaah yaa subhaana laah all the sister they finish where brother
i did see any brother saying i finish qura,an jazaaka laahu khayr yaa
asilahrana tell as about malaysia

SalafiFemaleJih
03-08-2006, 05:58 PM
A lot Alhmadulillah. On my way to memorize the whole Qur'an. It will take time, but inshaAllah I will succeed If only I try, and if only Allah wills!

do dua for me too.

jazakAllah khayran in advance.

WAaslamuaalikum WArhatmulllah.

Umm Safiya
03-08-2006, 06:02 PM

13 suwar I think!

Kittygyal
03-08-2006, 06:10 PM
well.... av jus becum coverted so am gna learn it sooooooon :happy:

take care

Nawal89
03-08-2006, 06:11 PM
memorization takes time. All those out there who are memorizing the Qur'an may Allah make it easy on them ameen:D

Z
03-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Salaam.

What she said above. Ameen.

Maimunah
03-12-2006, 08:01 PM
ave finished it once alhamdulilah
trying ma second time
salaam:)

i kno till suraa furqaan:)

Hinna
03-12-2006, 08:15 PM
I see there is more 1-5 than Hafids what does that tell us. We need to start memorizing the quran ppl.

1m@@n
03-24-2006, 12:08 AM
(ameen summa ameen)

hmmm i know a few surahs....

soo much for me to learn yet...

2 have memorized the whole quran would certainly be a dream come true....

inshaAllah one day.....**sigh**

itsme01
03-24-2006, 12:20 AM
^ inshallah sis,

Mashallah, 6 are hafidh.

wish i could pronounce the first sura (Fatiah) correctly :(
inshallah one day - will know most, if not all of the Glorious Quran by heart and its meaning. Inshallah.

Z
03-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Salaam.

My teachers always said that juzz 30 doesn't count. Even sheep could learn it.

itsme01
03-24-2006, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

My teachers always said that juzz 30 doesn't count. Even sheep could learn it.
sorry? that went over my head...

juzz 30?

Ra`eesah
03-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

SubhanAllaah I hate to go off topic but this I must address, The last juz in the Qur'an does in fact count. Allaahu Akbar, if you had to do the Tafsir for that last juz you would see how important it is, most people over look it because of its short surahs, but little do they know that it is very different from other juz in the Qur'an, even the born Arab could not grasp or even come close to comprehending the meaning of Juz Ama. And another thing, this is Kitab of Allaah, words of Allaah, no Surah is looked upon less then another, Surah Baqarah is not less in value the Surah ikhlaas. Please respect the Qur'aan and Fear Allaah. If we want to get technical even a Kafir can memorize the Qur'an its not that difficult because Allaah has made the Qur'aan easy for memorization, but the point is WHO acts according to what they have memorized. The compaions wouldnt exced 10 ayahs till they have acted upon what they have memorized.
I have to disagree with that statement with all due respect.

hamzaa
03-24-2006, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi
It's fardh ain to recite Al quran with tajweed. Quran memorization without proper tajweed is a desecration of Allah's speech.

I've listened to many imam's of taraweeh. They read so fast that their mudood are messed up and their ghunnah are not properly applied. This makes me sick.

I'd rather the imam reads slowly and doesn't finish the Quran then reading fast but compromise greatly on the ahkaam.

al quran without tajweed is like a body without a head.

salaam

Some very important points made. Many recitators try to beautify their recitation by extending the lenght of certain arabic letters. Thus, resulting in a change in the meaning. Every letter in arabic alphabet is pronounced differently. Also learning the meaning of what you are reciting is too recommended Therefore, we must ensure when reciting, great care is taken in distinguishing each letter and applying rules of tajweed. What better way, then attending tajweed classes etc

itsme01
03-24-2006, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
Juzz = chapter = parah = siparah :p
so you mean Surah?

Liban
03-24-2006, 05:11 PM
i know 1-5

Khaldun
03-25-2006, 07:58 AM
so you mean Surah?
There are 114 Surahs in the Quran. And 30 Juzz. What the brother was refering to was one of these Juzz

Z
03-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Salaam.

Raeesah, if you was becoming Hafiz and it was coming to the end of the class time, and if your teacher was a cool guy he'd say a few jokes to ease off the end of class.

Once he said that Juzz 30 is so easy, even sheep could learn it. It doesn't really count. He didn't mean to say it doesn't count as in it shouldn't be read, learnt, or understood, but he was merely trying to say that the new guys to the class shouldn't boast too much about finishing it - because they all do and pick fights on the very new ones who'd just started. It's a class thing, you know?

The Ruler
03-25-2006, 08:25 PM
wow!!! we got 6 hafidh ere!! :happy:

das jus soooo gr8 mahsa'allah....May Allah increase der knowledge :happy:

i no all da surahs of part 30 only...tryin ta memorise surah ar-rahman altho i get confused bout wich ayah wud b nxt n surah waqi'ah....i try to memorise surah ya-sin but it jus dont get into ma head :heated:

------
03-25-2006, 08:26 PM
It nt dat hard sis!!

afriend
03-25-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm on the 3rd Juz now...But I also know Surah Yusuf, surah taubah, Surah Kahf, Surah Ta-Ha, Surah Nur, surah Tur, Surah Ar-Rahman, Juz Tabarak, Juz Amma.

------
03-25-2006, 09:19 PM
[BANANA]Mashallah!![/BANANA]

afriend
03-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Pray for me all bros and sisters!

I'm on a rampage to finish in 1 year...Well into month 2 now...

------
03-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Inshallah we will :thumbs_up

The Ruler
03-26-2006, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri
It nt dat hard sis!!
da probs is dat i learn faster by lisenin to da recitation :-\...dats how i no almost all of waqi'ah...i dont v a gd recitation from any of da imams of surah Ya-sin n thus its harder for me :-\....

cleo
03-27-2006, 05:51 AM
I read the Quran seven times, now on my eighth time. Every morning, the first thing I do is read for a hour.
Why? Because, everytime I read it, it is new. And everytime, I understand the relative meaning to what I read the day before.

abdullahi
03-27-2006, 06:22 AM
cleo, i didn't know that you were muslim.
wow, that's great! Alhamdulillah

Hashim_507
03-27-2006, 06:39 AM
I memorize the whole quran long ago, but i still need to memorize juzz one.I read the quran 5 times a day specially before salah, thats my busy days. Other free days i read regurally.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2006, 10:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Pray for me all bros and sisters!

I'm on a rampage to finish in 1 year...Well into month 2 now...
inshaAllah i'll join that race, started readin quran 3 hours a day, wonderin if thats enuff now :sl:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2006, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim_507
I memorize the whole quran long ago, but i still need to memorize juzz one.I read the quran 5 times a day specially before salah, thats my busy days. Other free days i read regurally.
lol for a sec there i thot u sed u read the whole quran 5 times a day, made me open my mouth in shock n awe lol :p

zircon
03-27-2006, 10:36 AM
still trying to proceed with memorisation of juz 28... lack of time management i guess... its hard to memorise and at the same time, maintaining your remembrance of the past surahs you've memorised earlier. lets pray for everybody to be able to memorise and read al-quran everyday... :)

Nawal89
03-27-2006, 12:05 PM
^Thats the same with me...I revised surah aal Imraan..then went to baqarah..now i have to go back to aal Imraan again...oh boy.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2006, 12:11 PM
^ why not jus read one or two juz everyday, then get bak to memorising the juz ur on, thats what im doing.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-27-2006, 12:57 PM

It is better to memorize only 5 ayats a day if what youve memorized is solid, then memorizing a whole page or two and your memorization is shaky. You do not want to go back and spend time in making it solid again, that not only takes up alot of time, and it impairs your progress. Thats why it's important to memorize a set limit everyday and make sure you have it perfectly before moving forward.

My 2 cents.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2006, 01:02 PM
^ jazakAllah will inshaAllah do this :)

Nawal89
03-27-2006, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
^Thats the same with me...I revised surah aal Imraan..then went to baqarah..now i have to go back to aal Imraan again...oh boy.
i've already memorized it..its just keeping it in my memory now. lolz i have a bad memory.

Z
03-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Salaam.

Nawal, try praying what you know in Salaat. You'll find that whatever amount of verses you learn of the Quraan, and then right away pray them in Nalf Salaah, they'll stick in your memory. No jokin' either.

Nawal89
03-27-2006, 06:09 PM
^I try to do that. I guess i just need to revise my Qur'an more. Thanx for the advice btw.

Hashim_507
03-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Seriously,i really do need to memorize surah baqara, i dont want forgot the whole surah.

Beblessed
04-14-2006, 02:22 PM
:sl:Brothers and Sisters
I yust wanted to ask you all, How many of you have memorised the Qur'an by heart?

Fi amani Allah

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 02:28 PM
well sis am learning the ''koran'' as i have reverted :)

take care

Al-Hanbali
04-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Salam sister.
I am curently memorizing, Alhumdulillah i have done 21 Juz

afriend
04-14-2006, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alam7i
Salam sister.
I am curently memorizing, Alhumdulillah i have done 21 Juz
Woah :)

I'm still on the fourth.............:(

Inshallah....I'm still planning to be finished in 1 and a half year.....

Pray for me inshallah.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-14-2006, 03:48 PM
subhanALlah ITS QUR'AN!!! Not "Koran" (i hate bush and his mouth and him wen he says it like that :rant: )

anyway i only memorised the equivelent of 1 juz.... :hiding:

dincugur
04-14-2006, 06:04 PM
May Allah guide us to learn and practise more and more ayahs of the Qur'an all the time. Amin.

ummAbdillah
04-14-2006, 06:30 PM
salaam
am on sura zumur
ma salaam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
04-14-2006, 06:34 PM
umm.. havent really.. but inshahallah, if Allah wills i will one day :D

Al-Hanbali
04-14-2006, 09:58 PM
May Allah give us all the ability to preserve the Qur'an in our hearts one day inshallah.

Maimunah
04-14-2006, 10:03 PM
am still struglin:)
inshaallah oneday i will finish it again n learn it by heart:)
wasalaam

Sister_6038
04-14-2006, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
am still struglin:)
inshaallah oneday i will finish it again n learn it by heart:)
wasalaam
thats good because Allah rewards you more for the struggle you face....:D:D:D

FatimaAsSideqah
04-14-2006, 10:19 PM
As-salaam alaykum

The first thing that will increase memory is recitation of Quran. By continuously memorizing, one’s ability to memorize more and more will increase along the way. In the beginning one may only be able to memorize one verse or two verses daily, then after memorizing one juz or two juz that capacity might increase to four verses daily and so on. What seemed difficult in the beginning will seem very easy later on, because the mind has become adapted to memorizing.

Mufti Ebrahim Desai (db) has stated:

“The most important thing is to train the mind to memorize and remember. There are many people in the world with weak memories but are also Hafiz of the Quran. That was also due to training the mind to remember.”

Hey everyone...i think all of you Brothers and Sisters should look at this link:

http://www.soundvision.com/Info/quran/relationship.asp

I think it is good idea to learning for how improving your relationship with Holy Quran..

I just still learn my Quran..

wa-salaam alaykum

Starseeker
04-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Mashallah to those that have memorised the whole thing.

Maimunah
04-14-2006, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarah999
Mashallah to those that have memorised the whole thing.
huh?
a "thing"
lolz show respect:happy:
its called the glorious quraan:statisfie

Beblessed
04-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Insha'Allah 1 day all muslims will memorise the Quran by heart ..AMEEEN.
And for those who have memorised it I would say Masha'Allah
May Allah guide us all to the straight path Ameen.:)
Fi amani Allah

Nawal89
04-15-2006, 09:01 PM
So has anyone over here actually finished memorizing it? I would like to know who :):)

Starseeker
04-15-2006, 09:40 PM
I wish it was me but I'm getting there..

extinction
04-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Al7amdulillah I am a full hafidh..........

*charisma*
04-16-2006, 03:51 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

mashallah^^^ how long did it take you?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

extinction
04-16-2006, 04:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

mashallah^^^ how long did it take you?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
2 years..to be exact 1 yr 9 months and 2 days...finished at 10:05 a.m aprox july 16th on a friday..2004

*charisma*
04-16-2006, 04:15 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

2 years..to be exact 1 yr 9 months and 2 days...finished at 10:05 a.m aprox july 16th on a friday..2004
loool got that in milliseconds too bro?? j/k

mashallah thats great, may allah preserve it into your heart and may u strive to memorize the meanings as well ameen

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

extinction
04-16-2006, 04:20 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

loool got that in milliseconds too bro?? j/k

mashallah thats great, may allah preserve it into your heart and may u strive to memorize the meanings as well ameen

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
aameen thumma ameen I wish I had it in milieseconds I really do but I do treat myself to something nice every 16th I was meant to finish one week earlier on my birthday which was the 10th but my ustaadh(teacher)he found out that I planned to finish on my birthday and he stopped me and told me to finish the following friday(it was a custom in the school I went to finish hifz on a friday)..but yeah..al7amdulillah I learnt the tarjuma(translation) to some level..not complete..but i dont quote too much out of fear of saying the translation wrong..but inshallah I will learn the tafseer also..

*charisma*
04-16-2006, 04:28 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

i dont quote too much out of fear of saying the translation wrong..but inshallah I will learn the tafseer also..
u gotta keep testing urself with that i guess, but yea i wud get nervous too

mashallah, i cant wait to be a hafidha..its gonna take me some time man :(

feels soo amazing to memorize the exact same words that were recited by our prophet over 1400 yrs ago, even more amazing that its the word of Allah subhanallah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

extinction
04-16-2006, 04:33 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

u gotta keep testing urself with that i guess, but yea i wud get nervous too

mashallah, i cant wait to be a hafidha..its gonna take me some time man :(

feels soo amazing to memorize the exact same words that were recited by our prophet over 1400 yrs ago, even more amazing that its the word of Allah subhanallah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
yes it is...the best time of year for me without a doubt is ramadhan..cause like almost the whole day your stressing you know like oh how am i going to perform(in taraweeh) will I mess up and so on..then you get on the musallah(prayer rug) and you have your father your cousins friends everyone in the mosque(all the local people) behind you..and till you complete your 1st thana your legs are shaking but then you start faatiha all your nerves blow over..then the quraan just starts flowing..its a wicked wicked feeling....the best best part is after the taraweeh is finished its also a test to see how humble you are..but its a wicked feeling that only you can truly feel..another really really hard to believe fact about me is I never completed the quraan prior to becoming hafidh looking inside ever...

*charisma*
04-16-2006, 04:42 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

yea ramadhan is great mashallah, lol ur story sounds nerve wrecking in a gud way...more like anxiousness i suppose

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Z
04-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Salaam.

There are some figures in this poll if you're interested anybody.

http://www.islamicboard.com/quran-me...do-u-know.html

Beblessed
04-17-2006, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
Al7amdulillah I am a full hafidh..........
Ooh Masha'Allah bro .. keep it up!:)

format_quote Originally Posted by Sarah999
I wish it was me but I'm getting there..
u will get there 1 day Insha'Allah

format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

There are some figures in this poll if you're interested anybody.

Jazaka'Allah bro! for the information:)

IbnAbdulHakim
04-18-2006, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
i've already memorized it..its just keeping it in my memory now. lolz i have a bad memory.
listen to a lotta recitations.

I find jibreens recitations stik 2 my mind the most!

aakhirah
04-18-2006, 12:24 PM

AlHamdulillaah, I have been given the tawfeeq by Allah 'Azza wa Jall to memorise the Qur-aan al-Kareem.

I listen to ash-Shaykh ash-Shuraym (and recite of course) to help keep it preserved in my heart, 'til I meet Allaah and recite it all in His presence Insha-Allaah.

A.

------
04-18-2006, 12:26 PM
I know the following 'Big' Surahs by heart...

[BANANA]Surah Mulk[/BANANA]

[BANANA]Surah Muzzamil[/BANANA]

[BANANA]Surah Yaseen[/BANANA]

Omar Khalil
04-18-2006, 01:19 PM
I'm no where near that stage in my daily recitation. One day Insha Allah, I'll be able to say that!:thankyou:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-18-2006, 01:49 PM
whoah ALhamdullilah!!! im still on the first :'(

Beblessed
04-18-2006, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aakhirah

AlHamdulillaah, I have been given the tawfeeq by Allah 'Azza wa Jall to memorise the Qur-aan al-Kareem.

I listen to ash-Shaykh ash-Shuraym (and recite of course) to help keep it preserved in my heart, 'til I meet Allaah and recite it all in His presence Insha-Allaah.

A.
Insha'Allah

Abdullah4ever
04-25-2006, 12:57 AM

I know about 26 juz and a half but they aren't that strong some of them are really weak.. i need to start revising.

extinction
04-25-2006, 01:02 AM
alhamdulillah I am a full hafiz( i like to think I know it proper)

Abdullah4ever
04-25-2006, 01:12 AM
alhamdulillah I am a full hafiz( i like to think I know it proper)

Masha'allah brother :). I wont call my self hafiz unless i know it strong the whole quran without mistakes... thats going to take on year of revision :heated:

*noor
04-25-2006, 01:12 AM
i feel so ashamed because i have never even read the whole quran, because my arabic is not that strong.........i only memorized 2 and a half parts.

extinction
04-25-2006, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever

Masha'allah brother :). I wont call my self hafiz unless i know it strong the whole quran without mistakes... thats going to take on year of revision :heated:
or 3 years of doing taraweeh solo..or reading it all together in one sitting countless times:rollseyes

Abdullah4ever
04-25-2006, 01:17 AM
or 3 years of doing taraweeh solo..or reading it all together in one sitting countless times:rollseyes

Im to young to lead tarawih... oh yea my teacher wants me to read the whole quran in one sitting :heated: That is if i finiish the quran insha'allah

extinction
04-25-2006, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever

Im to young to lead tarawih... oh yea my teacher wants me to read the whole quran in one sitting :heated: That is if i finiish the quran insha'allah
go for it !! and dont stop after one keep on doing it....it strengthens your quraan like mad crazy!!! you will know it backwards lol.. try until you can read it without any mistakes at all and suprisingly enough its not as hard as you think...you make a good revision now you will be set for life!!

Abdullah4ever
04-25-2006, 01:25 AM

Yes insha'allah bro... someday it will be strong , really strong insha'allah if allah wills

extinction
04-25-2006, 01:28 AM
inshallah i wish the same for myself also

Abdullah4ever
04-25-2006, 01:31 AM
inshallah i wish the same for myself also

Insha'allah brother i pray that you're rvision will be strong that you can say it like u drink water

cleo
04-25-2006, 01:35 AM
I would be interested in how long it takes to memorize the Quran?

Abdullah4ever
04-25-2006, 01:51 AM

it depends how much time and efort u put in it. Like i started this september and i do atleast 6hours minuimum quran, thats because im desprate to finish :D.. but average i think is 5 years or maybe 2 i dont know

Muslimaatan
04-25-2006, 02:58 AM
salamz..i memorized 12 juz of the Quran..i recently memorized surah al-baqarah, i was in a contest in it this summer wen i went 2 palestine, didn't do that good, and now i forgot some parts in it..I HATE THAT!! and i have 2 much 2 do in school, studies, regents!! Inshaa'Allah summer is comin though!! Alhmadulilah!!

extinction
04-25-2006, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cleo
I would be interested in how long it takes to memorize the Quran?
it took me a year and 9 months...umm it varies person to person .. a class mate of mine finished within a single year...

mizan_aliashraf
04-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Salam
I did complete hifdth a long time back, almost 8 years ago. I did it in 9 months. It is true that qur'an without tajweed is like a body without a soul. Alhamdulillah, i have also got ijazahs for 3 styles of tajweed as well as hifdh. May Allah make it easy for all those huffath who are currently memorising or who have memorised, and may Allah enable us to live by the guidelines of the qur'an, for it is known that one of the first people to be thrown into the fire of hell will be the haafidh who did not live according to what they learnt.
Wassalam

safiya0631
04-25-2006, 01:41 PM
assalamualkum
yea its true dat it varies from each individual on how long it takes them to finish..it has taken me 5 years to do the completion of the quran..i read the other day in a book called "the peals of the quran" and in der it said dat the sahabas used to finish the quran in forty days by doing three quarters of the para a day..we might think dat is alot to learn in a day but if u get ur head round to it u may learn that much in a day inshallah
gud luck wiv every1 dat is learning and those who r planning to start to learn the quran.May allah make it easy for u inshallah
wsalam

mizan_aliashraf
04-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Salam
Have any of the huffath here ever lead taraweeh prayers? If you have, please say so inshallah
Wassalam

IbnAbdulHakim
04-25-2006, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Salam
Have any of the huffath here ever lead taraweeh prayers? If you have, please say so inshallah
Wassalam
huffath? :?

seeker_of_ilm
04-25-2006, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by humz
assalamualkum
yea its true dat it varies from each individual on how long it takes them to finish..it has taken me 5 years to do the completion of the quran..i read the other day in a book called "the peals of the quran" and in der it said dat the sahabas used to finish the quran in forty days by doing three quarters of the para a day..we might think dat is alot to learn in a day but if u get ur head round to it u may learn that much in a day inshallah
gud luck wiv every1 dat is learning and those who r planning to start to learn the quran.May allah make it easy for u inshallah
wsalam

I notice you're from leicester, just wondering, did you complete the quran here also?

Sunflower
04-25-2006, 06:06 PM
im getting there alhmdullialh. fo rme the best way to memorise the qura'an is to always enter competitions because it gives me the encouragement i need. and to always keep going over what you have learnt because learning the qura''an is hard but forgetting it is much easier so keep practising and weel all get there inshallah.

Abdullah4ever
04-25-2006, 08:59 PM

I never lead taraweeh 'cause im too young and i dont know the whole quran but my summer i will insha'allah.. but i lead 3 times at a local masjiid. it was 2weeks ago

anis_z24
04-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Salam,
well me and my friend started about two years ago and I wasn't as serious
but he was and now knows half + from surat Qaf(50)- 114(Anas)
Well I need to pull myself together and catch up.
Insh'Allah I plan to finish in two years.

safiya0631
04-26-2006, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

I notice you're from leicester, just wondering, did you complete the quran here also?
yea i did complete the quran in leicester

salam
i have memorised the quran off by heart and doin dor right now as dnt wnt to 4gt on wat i have learned.
wsalam

salams
alhumdurilah i have finished memorizing the quran..and also alhumdurilah i have many times finished the quran in praying
wsalam

syilla
04-26-2006, 03:48 PM
finished twice... third times a few more pages

ummAbdillah
04-26-2006, 04:36 PM
woww manshallah :)

Al-Hanbali
04-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Salam
By the grace of Allah(SWT) i have completed the Quran only once by looking in but Alhumdullillah hav memorised 22 JUZ. Pray that i finish by the end of July. Its very difficult to be doing GCSE's as well as Hifz at the same time.
Jazakallah

ummAbdillah
04-26-2006, 05:02 PM
manshallah that is great :)
may allah make it easy for you!
ameen

Hamba Allah
04-28-2006, 03:08 PM
I finished reciting the Quran when I was 13.

ummAbdillah
04-29-2006, 12:11 PM
wow 13?? manshallah that's young
manshallah :)

Beblessed
04-29-2006, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by safiya0631
salam
i have memorised the quran off by heart and doin dor right now as dnt wnt to 4gt on wat i have learned.
wsalam
Masha'Allah sis .. keep it up !!:)

shariq_0189
05-06-2006, 01:05 AM
dun wrri if it takes someone a longtime that is ok...the point is tht u will become hafiz inshallah with hardwork. i only have 1 para memorized so far. the hard part is actually remembering urr Sabaq and to doo Dhor ( revise ). if some one dies while becoming a hafiz...he/she will be raised as a hafiz/a because of his/her intention.

Abdullah4ever
05-06-2006, 01:34 AM

I memorized almost the whole quran, i know from nas-until anfal but i stopped for revision.... so it might take me a year to finish revision 'cause i forgot most of it... i have to start my revision from the 26th juz now im done it now on 25th... alhumdillah allah made the quran easy for me and my memory that one day i can memorize 7-10 .. but its hard with copying shuraim ....

*Salma*
05-06-2006, 02:16 AM

Alhamdulillah, i memorized the whole Quran

Abdullah4ever
05-06-2006, 02:19 AM

Masha'allah sister :)

Beblessed
05-06-2006, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by unown

Alhamdulillah, i memorized the whole Quran

Masha'Allah sister keep it up! :rose:

Javid
05-11-2006, 10:13 PM

Safiya which maddrassah did you finish your hifz at?

By the way if anyone wants any tips on how to memorize the quraan then I can try and help...just ask!

safiya0631
05-12-2006, 09:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Javid

Safiya which maddrassah did you finish your hifz at?

:sl: i did my hifz at masjid al falah :w:

Javid
05-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Mashallah, My sisters ther at the moment...dunno if you know her....? she just started after ramadhan so you might have left by the time she strted...

IceQueen~
05-12-2006, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Javid
By the way if anyone wants any tips on how to memorize the quraan then I can try and help...just ask!
:sl: yeah please do bro'-can you give me any tips?
j/k

Javid
05-12-2006, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marge1
:sl: yeah please do bro'-can you give me any tips?
j/k

Have you started hifz already?

------
05-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Nope she hasn't.

afriend
05-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Tips:

Recordings of Imams!!

I'm 10 pages away from the 5ht Juz.......I really need to pick up the pace, I'm behind schedule by 5 Juz:mad:

Javid
05-13-2006, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Tips:

Recordings of Imams!!

:
Recordings of imams do help but from exp i say they only improve tune and tajweed....anyone disagree?

Sis id say start first and see how u find it....itll be hard at the begining but once the ball is rolling then inshallah there shouldnt be a prob

Sohrab
05-20-2006, 11:44 PM
One of the Key Tips to Understand the Quran, is to memorize it. Don't Hold back just because you think you can't memorize all of it. Keep adding new Suras to your memory whenever possible. And Guess what?....reduce the amount of music you listen, more quran you'll remember. Quit music, and you'll be amazed how much you can learn by heart. May Allah give us all taufeeq, inshAllah.

firdaw
05-21-2006, 12:43 AM
i am still learning sis but i memorize the ones i passed

Sohrab
05-22-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm Consolidation Phase. May Allah Make it easier for me and everyone with the intention of memorizing Quran. Please make dua for me. Wa ma tofeeqee illa billah, alaihe tawakkaltu wa ilayhe uneeb.

Woodrow
05-27-2006, 10:04 PM
At my age and knowing more of my life is behind me then in front of me. My main concern is to understand the meaning of it. although I want to memorise all of it, I have to accept the fact there are time limits and I need to concentrate more on what I believe Allah(swt) is showing me as priorities. Perhaps, with my daily readings some will be retained long enough to be fixed in memory. I can only try. Inshallah

Pk_#2
05-27-2006, 10:09 PM

AsalamuAlaykum,

duno...much...nope nada

tryna learn want to learn...kno abit...but not enuff....

inshaAllah will study n learn one day :)

WalaykumSalaam..

cleo
05-27-2006, 10:23 PM
How do you memorize the Quran easily, that is what I would like to know. Somebody has a simple answer, technique that is easier than I am doing?
Sometimes, I forget how old I am. Don't ask that...

Sohrab
05-27-2006, 11:04 PM
One must never give up just because it may seem extremely hard to memorize the whole Quran. Please try with short suras and progressively move on to the larger ones. I've also put some tips and experiences i found useful in the tips for memorization thread. "Effort" needs to be there. If you keep on trying, inshAllah, Allah will reward you the same "ajr" as Huffaz even if for some reason you're unable to complete.
May Allah give us all tofeeq.
Ameen.

Angel
06-01-2006, 05:16 PM
wel :hiding: i only kno one juzz but im trying my best to learn them all by heart im half way through the quran but i dont know them all dats why i started it again, this time to learn them all by hearrt as i go along

its kinda hrad though:) but im not gona rest until i finidh them all and know every single one by heart:)

format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
whoah ALhamdullilah!!! im still on the first :'(
well sis if it will give u any consolation im on my first one as wel, i just finished it and starting the second so u see ur not the only one whos a bigginer here;D insha allah u will finish it soon i will pray for u sis for all of us :)

Abdullah4ever
06-04-2006, 03:39 AM

yes its really hard to memorize the quran u must really put effort and time into it thats why its most best you memorize and finish the quran at a young age so you have time and youre memory is still fresh.

Woodrow
06-04-2006, 06:31 AM
I am blessed in now living with my daughter and her family. My 8 year old grandson is in the process of memorising it. Going over it with him daily has proven to be good for both of us. I am learning along with him. One of the Brothers from the Masjid comes by for 2 hours daily and we have gotten some excellent training books from the Masjid that help very much with the pronunciation. My grandson is the better student, but I have hope and it is a feasible goal. My desire to memorise it is to please Alllah(swt) and I thank him for giving me a very strong incentive, in that I desire to set an example for my grandson.

Najiullah
06-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Alamdulillah I finished memorizing recently , now repeating it.

umm-sulaim
07-08-2006, 12:12 PM
MashaAllah, wish you all sucess in that. Memorising the qur'aan is hard and the prophet alayhi salaaatu wasslaam said its "ashaddu taffalutan minal ibil " it goes faster than the free camel, so we have to tie it and keep on revising it and reviewing too.

shaharoun
07-08-2006, 12:26 PM
This is the challenge,if there are some people who can memorise the whole Qur'an,why do we not memorise even a single JUZUU?

Thanaa
07-10-2006, 11:03 AM
I clicked 1-5, although I cant remember what a "Juzz" is...
Is that lines, or paragraphs, or what?

mujahedeen2087
07-25-2006, 03:28 AM
i know only abot 3 fully and inshllah i need to learn more. thats bad isnt it:brother:

Nawal89
07-25-2006, 02:29 PM
^as long as your making effort its never bad. no matter how little you memorize. :sister:

samsam
07-25-2006, 06:44 PM
I memorized 8 juz and to memorize quickly it is like this
i go mosque 4 times a week
5-8 hours
for example monday you memorize how much you want,revise it on tuesday morning and tuesday afternoon read it to your teacher
and to encrouge youto do better make a graph of how much you memorize and if you memorize one juz reward yourself

Hope it my advice comes handy!

Al-Hanbali
07-26-2006, 12:05 AM
subhanallah....thats a good way of memorizing and encouraging yourself......treating yourself after completing a task(eg. memorizing 1 Juz etc)

clicked 1-5, although I cant remember what a "Juzz" is...
Is that lines, or paragraphs, or what?
sister a Juz is a chapter also called as Para

Na7lah
08-01-2006, 08:35 PM
salam
masha'allah bro thats good i wish i could be a hafidha. i'm on surah as-saffat.

Samee
08-01-2006, 08:55 PM

Alhamdulilah I have learned the last 30 surahs of the Qu'ran.

^..sTr!vEr..^
08-02-2006, 02:21 AM
Assalamualaikum n i have started learnin since May ..n alhumdullilah have memorized 2 chapters n 28th chapter is jus round the corner to be fininshed inshAllah..

Khaldun
08-02-2006, 07:21 AM

People People, the Quran is not hard to memorise at all, it only depends on how much time you are willing to put into learning the words of Allah its all about sacrifice and clean intention.

You might see a real corrupt Hafez reading the Quran fluently but on the day of judgment it will not help him, rather it will work against him.

The simple truth is the Quran is never hard its all in your mind, the more you revise it the less mistakes you will get.

Allah says many times in the Quran itself,

And certainly We have made the Quran easy for remembrance,

And then He adds..

...but is there anyone who will mind? Surah Qamar

lamboodi
08-02-2006, 10:32 AM
salamz....if u'r serious about memorizing the whole qur'an , it should take u about 3 years...there's also alot of ajr and memorizing it

Fishman
08-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Just al-Fatiha. And I only did that yesterday. But before yeterday, I was struggling with whole prayer, and could not learn the words at all, but then suddenly I could pronounce and memorise all of the prayer! ALHAMDULILAH!!!

IceQueen~
09-20-2006, 10:31 AM
:cry:

Insha allah one day.....(Allah help me)
I really admire people who are haafidh Masha allah :wub:

nishom
09-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Below are some quick tips that will help you in memorizing the Qur’an:

1. You absolutely must have a teacher.

Do NOT memorize on your own. You must have a teacher who you respect and whom you fear. Don’t ask ‘how’ to memorize the Qur’an. Ask where you can find the best teacher. The teacher will then guide you on the ‘how’.

2. Distractions.

SOURCE

In memorizing the Qur’an, you must free your mind and environment of distractions. Imagine trying to memorize at a football game? Tough, huh? How about a theme park, could you sit down and control yourself to memorize? Probably not. Getting into a Qur’an Hifdh program with a teacher and discipline will assist you in creating the perfect atmosphere for memorization.

3. Memorize through Audio.

A lot of people think they are memorizing the ‘look’ of the Mushaf, but actually you are memorizing the ‘sound’ of Ayat. When I review, I record my recitation on CD and listen to it again and again. The students that read the loudest in class are all the strongest students. Why? Because they can hear themselves the most?

When I was in Qur’an school, the boy beside me read so loud. I asked the teacher to ask him to read more quietly. He said a most powerful statement that became my motto: “No, you read louder!” I did and it benefited me unbelievably.

4. Location of the Mushaf.

Your eyes follow a specific direction depending on what you are thinking or doing. If you are lying, your eyes go left. If you are remembering something visual, like where you left your keys, your eyes will look upwards.

When you memorize, the direction of memorization is right and left, not downwards. The mistake I see people make is that they put their mushaf low on the ground and then try to memorize. In order to fully harness the power of your mind, you must keep the mushaf at eye level, and not dip your head..

5. Eat brain food.

We’ve all heard the advice of uncles that you have to eat Badams (almonds) to improve memory. Well, I’m here to tell you that the uncles were right! The food you eat, the drinks you drink, directly affect your ability to excel in memorization of the Qur’an.

Do not eat fatty, unhealthy food. Do not drink soda. Eat a nutritious light breakfast, a nutritious light lunch, with almonds for snacks during the day. Subhan Allah, you will find you accomplish much more in your day.

6. Make everyday a victory.

You can move a mountain rock by rock. Enjoy every page you memorize, every Ayah

IceQueen~
09-20-2006, 01:25 PM
I think audio and visual depend on the individual- like whether you are eye-minded or ear-minded- eye means you'll find it easier to remember visual and ear means easier with what you hear.

some people are equally eye and ear minded so they'll find both helpful.

to find out what you are get someone to say soem random word to you and then say the first thing that comes to mind-example:
someone says parrot
if you reply something like carrot or barrot etc-i.e. something that rhymes you are probably ear-minded.

on the other hand if you said something like bird, talking, wings.. i.e. if the first thing that came to your mind was an image (and you said a word to describe that) then you are probably eye-minded

you'll have to do it a few times to be sure...:)

^..sTr!vEr..^
09-22-2006, 04:30 PM
yeahh...i also admire Hufaazz..n adore them all to the max!!..inshAllah i will becum a ful-flegded hafizza one day...

Al-Hanbali
09-22-2006, 07:27 PM

Inshallah sis. May Allah fulfill your ambitions :)

H@fiz Aziz
11-27-2006, 02:49 AM
i no all massalah

'Abd al-Baari
12-26-2006, 04:43 PM
alhumdillah i have done 22 juzz and am in my third year
inshallah i will finish by the end of this year
plz do dua for me
jazakallah

Kittygyal
12-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu

Alhmadulillah, i am learning from a kitab (dunoo what you call it :() am learning in Tajwid the arabic alphabets && also am learning the first chapter of Qura'an but remember am doing this in 3limah course && in Tajwid all at one hard but gotcha be done inshallah, exspecially like a person like me whom wasn't a muslim first && Alhamdulillah now i am && whom has got a lisp but inshallah tis worth it :)

Ma'assalama

Abdul-Raouf
12-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Start a poll with options as the number of surahs than juz......u will get a better response i think:?

sudais1
12-28-2006, 04:52 AM
im currently in a Memorization full time school, i currently memprized 7 juz and going, gunna finish summer 2008 inshallah

Make dua'

samsam
12-28-2006, 07:02 PM
me too, i go to an memorazation school, and so far memorazed 7 juz. (mind my spelling)

Ironbeard
12-29-2006, 02:33 AM
Assalaam,

Warattilil Qur'ana tarteela,

wasalaam

ژاله
01-01-2007, 11:07 AM
assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh!!!!!!!
hafizah alhamdulillah

H@fiz Aziz
01-07-2007, 01:26 AM
i am still and i did it all

im started on alim course =]

Al-Hanbali
01-14-2007, 12:50 AM

Alhumdulillah I have memorized the Qur'an.

May Allah give me and give us all the ability to preserve the Qur'an in our hearts....ameen.

Beblessed
01-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Ameeen

'Abd al-Baari
01-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Alhumdulillah
I have memorized the Qur'an.

May Allah and give us all the ability to preserve the Qur'an in our hearts
Ameen
Please Do Dua for me

Muhammad
01-26-2007, 06:30 PM

Masha'Allaah! Remember to vote in this poll:

May Allaah preserve the Qur'an in the hearts of all Muslims, Aameen!

SUMMAYAH
01-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Mashallah to all those who are Hafiz or becoming so.
Memorising the Quran is the easy part. The hard bit is keeping it memorized.

And the key to that is constant recitation.

My dad is also a Hafiz of the Quran. Alhamdolillah it takes him 20 minutes to read one juz. He finishes reciting the entire Quran once every week. And in Ramadhan once every 2days. He also leads the tarabi prayers so he does an extra completion of the Quran at the end of the month there too. Besides all this he's also reciting individual surahs at different times of the day, like surah Mulk before bed etc...

With Allah's mercy, now at the age of 70 his memory is just as strong as it were at the age of 11 when he first became hafiz.

May Allah accept his humble efforts and grant us all good in this world and the hereafter. (Ameen)

Al-Hanbali
01-26-2007, 07:18 PM

Yh thats true......it is fairly easy to memorize but the real test begins when the responsibility of keeping the Qur'an memorized commences. :) Main thing is to adopt continous revision :) At least 1/2 to 1 Juz per day insha'Allah :)

afriend
01-26-2007, 09:16 PM
The joys of acquiring new places in the Quran...The feeling is priceless. In a way, completion is only half the task. As the Sheikh above said, revision is the most important thing....

JazakAllah bro :)

Beblessed
01-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Ameen to all dua's
Whats the Reward on the day of Judgement of being hafidh does anybody knw? Please share it with us if u anyone knows

Al-Hanbali
01-26-2007, 10:26 PM

Check this thread out sis>>>>

http://www.islamicboard.com/quran-me...ing-quran.html

Beblessed
01-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Jazkhallah khair

SUMMAYAH
01-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Salaams.
Mashallah, LI have many intelligent and brothers and sisters on the forum. I
was just curious about which surahs we know by heart.

I start with myself
I know the last 15 surahs in the Quran that I pray in my salah's. I know Surah Ya'seen and that's about it.

I'm trying my best to memorise some more Inshallah. Pray Allah makes it easy for me.

So, which surah's do you know by heart?:sunny:

'Abd al-Baari
01-29-2007, 07:44 PM
salams sister

first of all Mahallah to you,
anyway i am Hifz so i know the whole quran (well i'm supposed to anyway but some parts aren't perfect, inshallah they will be though, do dua for me please)
Anyways try learning small surats such as Juzz 30 and then go on to the important ones such as Surae Waqiah, Arahman and Kahf.

May Allah swt give us all the taufeeq to learn as much as we can and to keep it in our hearts.....ameen.

SUMMAYAH
01-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Ameen to the dua.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-30-2007, 04:08 AM
Umm Surah Yasin, Surah Fatiha of course, Surah Al Kaafirun and some others but i cant remember right now :X Still in the process InshAllah.

Ameen to the du'a. May Allah(swt) give you much success bro, Insha'Allah, Ameen.

Umm Yoosuf
01-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Threads Merged. Share same topic.

straightpath
02-27-2007, 04:25 AM
i am at the beginning of the journey. and how sweet it is.

nelly
02-27-2007, 10:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ruwaydah
huh?
a "thing"
lolz show respect:happy:
its called the glorious quraan:statisfie
I dnt think starseeker meant it in that way!!!!:rollseyes

IceQueen~
02-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Masha Allah may Allah give us all the love and attachment to the Quran we should have amiin

HIJABI***
03-01-2007, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhul-Fiqhar
May Allah give us all the ability to preserve the Qur'an in our hearts one day inshallah.

AMEEN:D

omer
03-03-2007, 08:47 PM
ES-SELAM ALEJKUM WE RAHMETULLAHI WE BEREKETUHU

How to learn Qur'an easier

If you learn one ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 17 years, 7 months, 9 days.
If you learn two ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 8 years, 9months, 18 days.
If you learn three ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 5 years,10months, 13 days.
If you learn four ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 4 years, 4 months, 24 days.
If you learn five ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 3 years, 6 months, 7 days.
If you learn six ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 2 years, 11 months, 4 days.

It continue...

ES-SELAM ALEJKUM WE RAHMETULLAHI WE BEREKETUHU

If you learn seven ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 2 years, 6 months, 3 days.

If you learn eight ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 2 years, 2 months, 12 days.

If you learn nine ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 1 year, 11 months, 12 days.

If you learn ten ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 1 year, 9months, 3 days.

If you learn eleven ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 1 year, 7 months.

If you learn twelve ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 1 year, 5 months, 15 days.

It continue...

If you learn 13 ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 1 year, 4 months, 6 days.

If you learn 14 ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 1 year, 3 months.

If you learn 15 ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 1 year, 2 months, 1 day.

If you learn 16 ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 1 year, 1month, 6days.

If you learn 17 ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 1 year, 10 days.

If you learn 18 ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 11 months, 19 days.

It continue...

If you learn 19 ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 11 months, 1 day.

If you learn 20 ayah every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 10 months,16 days.

If you learn one page every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 1 year, 8 months, 12 days.

If you learn two pages every day, you will learn the Qur'an for 10 months, 6 days.

Khalid1402
03-09-2007, 10:08 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters.

Right now I only know a few surahs, not even enough to make one juzz. Insha Allah I will know more soon. Please make du'a for me that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala will make it easier for me to remember.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-10-2007, 08:20 PM

Anyone who are Hafiz of the Quran? Who have been memorize the whole of the Holy Quran?

I am nearly there, Alhumdillilah!

Kittygyal
04-10-2007, 08:21 PM
salamualikum.
Brother H@fiz is a hafiz mashallah and brother Abdullah...
Ma'assalama

ummAbdillah
04-10-2007, 08:22 PM
salaam
not me :( but i will be soon inshallah
make du'aa for me
wa salaam

'Abd al-Baari
04-10-2007, 08:22 PM

do you mean me sis^ Jazakallah Khair for remembering
Mashallah sis Righteous Lady, Inshallah you will finnish soon

Kittygyal
04-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Salamualikum.
Yesh indeed i mean you ^^^^^ dude, inshallah me got a long way to go yet really along way very hard but not going to gave up inshallah
ma'assalama

FatimaAsSideqah
04-10-2007, 08:26 PM

MashAllah! How much you can read the Quran? Sister Kittyygal..

Sister Aisha aww..I will dua pray for you, InshAllah!

Brother Abdullah...congrats for Hafiz! May Allah Ta'ala pleased with you...Yes, I am pleased to near there!
I am felt so good..

Al-Hanbali
04-10-2007, 08:27 PM
:salamext:

May ALLAH grant us all the ability to become the preservers of the Qur'an insha'ALLAH

Alhamdulillah I'v finished memorizing.

Kittygyal
04-10-2007, 08:28 PM
salamualikum.
Am only on the first am reading with Tajwid and learning by heart along with english very tuff indeed i always gave up because am doing it with an Aalimah am doing two thing Aalimah course along with Qura'an-Ul-Taleem and exams grr do dua'ah for me inshallah
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
04-10-2007, 08:29 PM
salamualikum.
Ah, Ibn... is this Dhul Fiqar your name changed dude???
Ma'assalama

FatimaAsSideqah
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Muhammad

May ALLAH grant us all the ability to become the preservers of the Qur'an insha'ALLAH

Alhamdulillah I'v finished memorizing.

^Ameen..
MashAllah! May Allah Ta'ala pleased with you!

ummAbdillah
may allah make it easy for us to memorize the qur'an :)
ameen

Kittygyal
04-10-2007, 08:31 PM
salamualikum.
AMIN THUMMA AMIN YA RABBIL ALAMEEN!!

sis R... how much have you read so far?? are you doing it with english translation and tajwid aswel??

Ma'assalama

FatimaAsSideqah
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
Am only on the first am reading with Tajwid and learning by heart along with english very tuff indeed i always gave up because am doing it with an Aalimah am doing two thing Aalimah course along with Qura'an-Ul-Taleem and exams grr do dua'ah for me inshallah
Ma'assalama

Don't give up, sister! Keep try and Allah Ta'ala already knws that you keep try to read Quran and learning by heart! Alhumdillilah!

'Abd al-Baari

Jazakallah averyone

Ameen to all the duas

and yeh Sis Kittygyal bro Dhul-Fiqhar changed his name to Ibn-Muhammed

ummAbdillah
04-10-2007, 08:33 PM
salaam
am learning & memorizing just the Arabic, I read the English but i don't
memorize the English. I am on surah Saafat. I have a looong way to go :(
wa salaam

FatimaAsSideqah
04-10-2007, 08:34 PM
salamualikum.
AMIN THUMMA AMIN YA RABBIL ALAMEEN!!

sis R... how much have you read so far?? are you doing it with english translation and tajwid aswel??

Ma'assalama

I have read Al Fatihah to Al Qahr..nearly to end of the Holy Quran with english translation..by my heart..

FatimaAsSideqah
04-10-2007, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister-aisha
salaam
am learning & memorizing just the Arabic, I read the English but i don't
memorize the English. I am on surah Saafat. I have a looong way to go :(
wa salaam

Keep do it..sister! May Allah will pleased with you!

Kittygyal
04-10-2007, 08:36 PM
salamualikum.
INSHALLAH INSHALLAH, look up sis there always hope don't gave up inshallah me you and everyone who's learning more about the deen allah subhwnatallah makes it easier for them. We just need patience because patience leads us to the doors.
Ma'assalama

ummAbdillah
04-10-2007, 08:38 PM
salaam
jazakallah khair for your encouragement sisters :)
may allah reward you :)
wa salaam

FatimaAsSideqah
04-10-2007, 08:41 PM

Hey Sisters, if you read all of the Holy Quran..you will be feel over the moon and joyful! InshAllah! Also you will feels Noor (light) over your face and your heart from Allah Ta'ala!

Thats wonderful feelings!
:cry:

Kittygyal
04-10-2007, 08:49 PM
salamualikum.
You know even when i read it *even though am trying my best* when i repeat after me teacher i sincerly get this feeling that subhnallah Allah has blessed me sooo much but still i moan and groan soo much i never realise how much Allah subhwnatallah loves me that he bought me to his path, now alhamdulillah teaching me arabic and making me becoming an alimah. subhnallah once you really know what allah can do no one can challenge because it's all the heart. I remember after me becoming a convert and now subhnallah i see my self as a propper born muslimah alhamdulillah it's all due to allah subwhanatallah. I thank allah for everything and bringing me to the right path :)
Even though i can't pronounce the letters proppley as my accent is differ doesn't mean i am going to gave up, because thats just satan forcing me to stop and come towards him but NO! as a muslimah and a slave of allah i am going to fight back against him inshallah. STRIVE FOR TAQWA
Ma'assalama

FatimaAsSideqah
04-10-2007, 08:53 PM
salamualikum.
You know even when i read it *even though am trying my best* when i repeat after me teacher i sincerly get this feeling that subhnallah Allah has blessed me sooo much but still i moan and groan soo much i never realise how much Allah subhwnatallah loves me that he bought me to his path, now alhamdulillah teaching me arabic and making me becoming an alimah. subhnallah once you really know what allah can do no one can challenge because it's all the heart. I remember after me becoming a convert and now subhnallah i see my self as a propper born muslimah alhamdulillah it's all due to allah subwhanatallah. I thank allah for everything and bringing me to the right path :)
Even though i can't pronounce the letters proppley as my accent is differ doesn't mean i am going to gave up, because thats just satan forcing me to stop and come towards him but NO! as a muslimah and a slave of allah i am going to fight back against him inshallah. STRIVE FOR TAQWA
Ma'assalama

MashAllah, sister! That is nice to hear! Surah Yasin is brilliant to read!

I seek refuge in Allah Ta'ala from the cursed of Shaytan!

Ameen..

Kittygyal
04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
salamualikum.
yes, also Surah Yasin protects us from evil.

Amin Thumma amin ya rabbil alameen
Ma'assalama

FatimaAsSideqah
04-10-2007, 08:56 PM

^Ameen..yes you can recite it by night before you go to sleep..Allah Ta'ala protect you from Shaytan during the night..

afriend
04-10-2007, 09:39 PM

Ameen...

A strategic approach to learning the Quran is a must! Having said that, keeping the momentum and the pace throughout is absolutely vital for success.

Brother Omer has kindly listed Which sort of a strategy you can follow, as you can see there are many strategies to chose from at a pace that suits you.

My personal strategy was to go at a steady pace, getting used to learning in my first year. The target was 10 Juz, but fell 4 Juz short by January 2007.

A new strategy to move 22 Juz in this year includes: 4 pages a day (finishing 1 Juz/Week) during term times. During Holidays 7 pages/day (1 Juz/4 days)...

Like I said before, momentum is the key! Things will not always go your way...But try your hardest to stick to the plan. Even though I'm now 4 Juz short again from my scheduled 15 Juz By April 2007, I have made a good advance upto the 12th juz(6 Juz advance from January) in 3 complete months.

Keep your standards high, even with short comings, you will still have made good progress :)

'Abd al-Baari
04-11-2007, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907
alhumdillah i have done 25 juzz and am in my third year
inshallah i will finish by the end of this year
plz do dua for me
jazakallah
*Edit*

I forgot to mention before that i've finished noe, alhamdulillah
the last few juzz went reall fast Alhamdulillah

afriend
04-11-2007, 01:31 PM
:ooh:

Allahu Akbar!! We have a new emperor :shade:! May Allah help you in establishing good revision of the Quran. Ramadhan(taraweeh :happy:) is in a few months, If you start your heavy revision now by doing about 10 Juz a month you should be in top form by then insha'Allah...

masha'Allah this has made my day!! :smile:

Kittygyal
04-11-2007, 01:32 PM
salamualikum.
^ dude what you do you mean third year of what?
ma'assalama

afriend
04-11-2007, 01:33 PM

The dude meant he's in his third year of memorising the Quran by heart.

Kittygyal
04-11-2007, 01:34 PM
salamualikum.
So brother Abdul... you've memorised the Qura'an twice before now this is your third time?
Ma'assalama

FatimaAsSideqah
04-11-2007, 01:38 PM

When tiredness or the passion to memorize is a factor, the best thing to do is to take a break and return a while later, or perhaps if one is tired of reading, then he should listen to his lesson (sabaq) by means of a tape/CD or take a quick nap to refresh the mind.

“Mulla Ali Qari has reproduced from the riwayat of Tabrani and Baihaqi that one who cannot memorize the Quran well and yet persists in learning it by heart gets double reward. Similarly, one who cherishes a longing for memorizing it and does not possess the ability to do so, but does not give up his efforts either, will be reckoned by Almighty Allah U among he huffaz on the Day of Resurrection.” (Fazail-e-Quran)

The first thing that will increase memory is recitation of Quran. By continuously memorizing, one’s ability to memorize more and more will increase along the way. In the beginning one may only be able to memorize one verse or two verses daily, then after memorizing one juz or two juz that capacity might increase to four verses daily and so on. What seemed difficult in the beginning will seem very easy later on, because the mind has become adapted to memorizing.

I have nearly complete whole of the Quran by my heart by 2 months later..InshAllah!

yusra_22
04-11-2007, 03:02 PM
i've learnt 20 to 25 im still learning the rest!! i cant wait to finish! :)

yusra_22
04-11-2007, 03:24 PM
it took me about 2 years to learn 25 chapters in the quran by heart i'm learning my 26th one now

Al-Hanbali
04-11-2007, 03:28 PM

^ Masha'ALLAH. Insha'ALLAH you will complete your hifdh studies soon.

Pk_#2
04-22-2007, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yusra_22
it took me about 2 years to learn 25 chapters in the quran by heart i'm learning my 26th one now
mashaAllah :thumbs_up

Ameen to bro Ibn's dua also

'Abd al-Baari
04-22-2007, 11:47 AM

Mashallah thats cool bro :thumbs_up
It took me four years all together

Ameen to the dua

Ghira
04-23-2007, 06:05 AM
SubhanAllah there is so many hafidh of the Qur'an in this website...This forum encourages me to memorize more Surahs. I had questions for those who memorized more than half of the Qur'an. Is the hard part maintaing the memorized surahs. How do you maintain your memorization of Qur'an without forgetting? Do you guys have a teacher to help you?

aadil77
05-01-2007, 09:37 PM
The most ive memorised is surah yaseen and about 20 surahs from the rest of the Quran :D

FatimaAsSideqah
05-01-2007, 09:39 PM

Alhumdilillah! Congrats..keep going!:thumbs_up

May Allah (Exalted He is) rewards you for it!

Fi amani Allah!

thirdwatch512
05-01-2007, 09:41 PM
i know the first surah... LOL!

i know surah 2* by heart as well, but that's all i have memorized.

*In the English language.

afriend
05-02-2007, 07:23 PM
...10 Juz on....The battle continues.

:D Brothers and sisters please make du'a I finish by August insha'Allah. I'm trying sooo hard to be on track :(

mujahidah..
05-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Ameen, may Allah (swt) also help those who are striving to learn too....at the moment i have only memorised upto juz 17...:( im a bit sloww...please make dua for me too..wasalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!