/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Free Gmail accounts

kadafi
02-09-2005, 06:00 PM
:sl:

I guess most of you have heard of free gmail accounts (some even possess some of these accounts) :)

Anyways, anyone who who doesn't possess a Gmail account can reply on this thread and Insha'Allah; I'll create a new account for him/her.

A brief statement from Google tellin' what Gmail is about:
As part of Google's mission to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful, we're testing an email service called Gmail.

Gmail is a free, search-based webmail service that includes 1,000 megabytes (1 gigabyte) of storage. The backbone of Gmail is a powerful Google search engine that quickly finds any message an account owner has ever sent or received. That means there's no need to file messages in order to find them again.

When Gmail displays an email, it automatically shows all the replies to that email as well, so users can view a message in the context of a conversation. There are no pop-ups or untargeted banner ads in Gmail, which places relevant text ads and links to related web pages adjacent to email messages.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
02-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Oh, brother Kadafi! You're such a noble admin! To go to all the trouble! How do you get an account? Is it gmail.google.com ?

kadafi
02-09-2005, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Oh, brother Kadafi! You're such a noble admin! To go to all the trouble! How do you get an account? Is it gmail.google.com ?

Brother, you can leave your e-mail address behind on this thread. Once I've added it, I'll delete it straight away.

And yes, its gmail.google.com

Uthman
02-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Kadafi, you're a godsend (in a manner of speaking)

The address is: edited

So you're gonna delete straight after right? :thumbs_up Thanks a lot! Ummm . . which one applies . . .mashallah? Subhanallah? Alhamdulillah? :confused:

kadafi: Gmail invite send!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khattab
02-09-2005, 06:16 PM
all three brother ;D

Uthman
02-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Thank you Kadafi. Allah reward you. :)

Far7an
02-09-2005, 11:49 PM
edit
Gmail invite send by brother Amir

barakalllah feekum

Khattab
02-10-2005, 01:32 AM
:sl: brothers I have sent you both invites check your emails :thumbs_up

Also the link www.gmail.com works fine to to get into it

Uthman
02-10-2005, 05:34 PM
How do you do the invite thingy? :brother::brother::confused::confused:

Uthman
02-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Oh? :omg:

.::aBDI::.
02-11-2005, 10:29 AM
People are confused of which to use Hotmail, or gmail...but it should be obvious:

Hotmail
  • Just 2MB of storage
  • Many stupid rules...if you didn't log in within a month you loose all your old messages!
  • slow navigation from folder to folder
  • subjected to many viruses and spam
  • Just good for MSN

Gmail
  • 1000 MB of storage (free)
  • No stupid rules...you will never loose your old messages!
  • fast navigation from folder to folder (actually it is called filters...not folders)
  • less viruses and spam
  • But NO MSN ( No Instant messaging)

So for keep your Hotmail for MSN...other than that gmail should be your main email account.

I just got over 50 invites...so anyone..Just send me a pm with your old email if you want an account!

Osman, I don't know if they changed the rules, but after you log-on (www.gmail.com) you will see in left lower side of the window how many invites you have... there was a time that I had no invites so that i send it to people...but I just saw today that I got 50 new invites!

kadafi
02-11-2005, 01:05 PM

I've been usin' Gmail for ages. I strongly dislike Yahoo and hotmail. It bears many limitations as Brother ABDI stated.

Jazaka'Allah Khairun brother ABDI for the explanation :)

Uthman
02-11-2005, 06:09 PM

Oh, thank you Abdi for your explanation and zAk! :thumbs_up

:beard:

MYG_Kerbelai
02-15-2005, 10:20 AM
u can request it here
to send files up to 1 gb visit yousendit.com

~Serenity~
02-27-2005, 09:58 AM

I use hotmail and its not 2MB but 250MB for me..... i like it better than gmail..... :shade:

btw.... i have got 50 invites...everyone is welcome :teeth:

p.s: i was just browsing in the old threads...seems like this one is two weeks old....ehmm...... :-[ have nothing to do so thought to post :p

musleema
10-09-2005, 01:18 AM
yeh i ve heard of them

baby_muslimah15
10-09-2005, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi

I guess most of you have heard of free gmail accounts (some even possess some of these accounts) :)

Anyways, anyone who who doesn't possess a Gmail account can reply on this thread and Insha'Allah; I'll create a new account for him/her.

A brief statement from Google tellin' what Gmail is about:
As-salaamu Alaikum, I dont have one of those....How do u get 1?

*!~Faith~!*
10-09-2005, 01:54 AM
I'll send u an invite sis baby muslimah

baby_muslimah15
10-09-2005, 01:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *!~Faith~!*
I'll send u an invite sis baby muslimah
Aight koo...Thanx ;) sis ~!*Faith~!*

obada
10-09-2005, 02:15 AM
salam,
ok ok ok.
stop spinning around
here u go:
https://www.google.com/accounts/CreateAccount

just enter your ordinary email first, and then you will be sent an invitation
and by the way, currently, my gmail account is more than 2 GB (2000 mb) and it grows every second >> take a look at the storage ammount on www.gmail.com
salam

hasib
12-04-2005, 10:29 PM

I apologize if this has been posted previosly but i have 100+ Gmail invitations and if anyone wants plz let me know :) insha'Allah..

sapphire
12-04-2005, 10:33 PM
good way of getting rid of them asking people...dont worry wont steal your idea......

Khadeejah
12-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi wa BAraakatu
I have Gmail But What happens after you have no more invitations left? do you automatically get more or is it a limit????? Gmail is really cool and has alot of cool features? Do you have Google messenger their PC to PC calling is really good sounds clear as day MashaAllah just thought u'd like toi know
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakatu

hasib
12-04-2005, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khadeejah-Fatim
I have Gmail But What happens after you have no more invitations left? do you automatically get more or is it a limit????? Gmail is really cool and has alot of cool features? Do you have Google messenger their PC to PC calling is really good sounds clear as day MashaAllah just thought u'd like toi know
:sl: sister in islam,

No i dont have google messenger.. i use mostly MSN and to a lesser extent yahoo messenger..

As for the invitations?.. hmm i'm not sure man.. i think after a certain time you wont get no more..

Ataraxis
12-05-2005, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khadeejah-Fatim

format_quote Originally Posted by hasib
:sl: sister in islam,

No i dont have google messenger.. i use mostly MSN and to a lesser extent yahoo messenger..

As for the invitations?.. hmm i'm not sure man.. i think after a certain time you wont get no more..

Good idea w/ the invite thing, since I have like over a 100 as well:confused:. Regarding invitations, they keep refilling yours after you run out, sometimes takes a couple days, or a couple hours...depnds. but, they do refill them, for sure :)

Khadeejah
12-05-2005, 12:59 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa RahmatullahiWa Baraakatu,
Jazaak AllahU khair for telling me about the Gmail......Have you tried the Google Messenger? I encourage people to try it. especially the pc to pc calling but thats getting off topic? I guess alot of people have Gmail loll

sapphire
12-05-2005, 12:11 PM
cant we delete our invitations????well i use hotmail gmail and yahoo.....hotmail the most.....

akulion
02-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Ok bros and siss I have 100 invites left

Please send me ur e-mail addy or post it here and insha'allah I will send you one :D

Mainul_Islam
02-24-2006, 12:19 AM
I have 100 Gmail invites, anyone who wants them please tell me ur email and i'll send invites.

Pinkie
02-24-2006, 01:58 AM
:sl: my brothers and sisters in Islam. I also have 100 Gmail invites left. If anyone wants them please send an email to aya.benzer@gmail.com. Right now I'm a limited member so I can't recieve PMs or something like this :rollseyes

Mainul_Islam
02-24-2006, 02:50 AM
i offered to give invitations first, so... buzz off! lol jk!

akulion
02-24-2006, 03:10 AM
I have 97 now cos 3 people asked me :D lol

Pinkie
02-24-2006, 03:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mainul_Islam
i offered to give invitations first, so... buzz off! lol jk!
Alright bro, we will see who gets the most requests!

Darn it! akulion beat me!!! :offended:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.