/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sects and Divisions

Khaldun
02-09-2005, 11:12 PM
:sl:

Ibn Taahir al-Maqdisi al-Haafidh said, "I heard the Imaam, Abu Ismaa'eel 'Abdullaah bin Muhammad al-Ansaari saying, whilst in Haraah: 'The sword was put to my neck five times [and each time] it was not said to me, 'Leave your madhhab' but it was said to me, 'Remain silent about those who are in opposition to you'. So I would say, 'I will not remain silent'." [Aadaab us-Sharee'ah (1/207) of Ibn Muflih al-Maqdisi al-Hanbali].

Al-Humaidee, the Shaikh of al-Bukhaaree said, "By Allaah, that I war against those who reject the Hadeeth of the Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) is more beloved to me than that I should war against the same number of Non-Muslims." [Al-Harawi in Dhamm ul-Kalaam].

Ibn al-Qayyim said, "The jihaad with decisive proofs [from the Book and the Sunnah] and the tongue takes precedence over the jihaad with the sword and the spear." [Al-Jawaab us-Saheeh of Ibn Taymiyyah (1/237)].

Nasr bin Zakariyaa said, I heard Muhammad bin Yahyaa adh-Dhuhlee saying, I heard Yahyaa bin Yahyaa saying, "Defence of the Sunnah is more superior than Jihaad in the path of Allaah." So I said, "A man spends his wealth, tires his body and strives (in jihaad), so is this one (still) better than him? He said, "Yes, by many times!" [Dhammu ul-Kalaam of al-Harawi].

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
04-26-2005, 08:17 PM
We should reject division and deviation and cling to the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

30:31-32. (Always) Turning in repentance to Him (only), and be afraid and dutiful to Him; and perform As Salât (Iqâmat as Salât) and be not of Al*Mushrikûn (the disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, polytheists, idolaters, etc.).

Of those who split up their religion (i.e. who left the true Islâmic Monotheism), and became sects, [i.e. they invented new things in the religion (Bid'ah), and followed their vain desires], each sect rejoicing in that which is with it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.