/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalamwalikm - Reverts questionnaire

*muslimah*
12-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Asslamwalaikum

For my final year project at uni, im studying converts to Islam. Looking at the reasons for their conversions.
If there are any converts/reverts on this forum, that wouldnt mind doing a questionnaire (very open ended questions --- a lot of writing) could you please pm me or post here, and i wil inshallah contact you
Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
12-19-2005, 11:41 PM
wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

welcome to the forums sis muslimah. insha Allaah you'll benefit alot from here. if you got any questionz to ask about islam, or even the forum - then please do ask insha Allaah.

we look forward to your posts.

you can check stories from muslim reverts off this link insha Allaah:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ghlight=revert

and alhamdulillah we have quite a few reverts on this forum. eg.

bro _Salam_:

sis ummbilal:

sis rabi'ya:

sis Maryam:

thats just a few.. insha Allaah if i find some more - i'll post up. you can even start a thread to ask questions insha Allaah.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

*muslimah*
12-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Jazakallah for your reply, really helpful. will contact the brothers and sisters inshallah

ummAbdillah
12-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Asslamwalaikum

For my final year project at uni, im studying converts to Islam. Looking at the reasons for their conversions.
If there are any converts/reverts on this forum, that wouldnt mind doing a questionnaire (very open ended questions --- a lot of writing) could you please pm me or post here, and i wil inshallah contact you
Jazakallah
salaam that sounds like a wonderful project manshalah
inshallah u will enjoy it :peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*muslimah*
12-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Inshallah.
Also, if anyone could suggest any good open ended questions on asking reverts about their conversion, thier decisions to convert and the process of conversion, Please do list them here.
JAzakAllah.

- Qatada -
12-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

this links really good for stories of reverts - from some of the poorest people to celebrities, and they all came to islam by the will of Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala, alhamdulilah.

http://www.islamonline.net/english/j.../journey.shtml

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

*muslimah*
12-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Assalmwalikum
Jazakallah for that, browsed through it, quite a lot of stuff there, should be really helpful! :-)

TabTabiun
12-23-2005, 08:55 PM
As-Salaam Walikum- Some of the questions that you can ask reverts is how did they find out about Islaam?
-MaSalaama..-

sapphire
12-23-2005, 09:04 PM
welcome to the forum...hope you have an enjoyable and benefitial stay.......

*muslimah*
12-24-2005, 12:45 AM
:sl:

JAzakallah everyone! :)

Rabi'ya
12-24-2005, 01:14 AM
:sl: sister

sorry i seemed to have missed the thread...im a revert...and certainly dont mind doing the questionnaire inshAllah

PM me or send em an email - my address is on my profile:)

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

TabTabiun
12-27-2005, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *muslimah*

JAzakallah everyone! :)
.Wa Feeka Barakhalahu.
***MaSalaama***

Rabbiyah
12-27-2005, 01:26 AM
Asslamwalaikum

Jazakallah
SAlam alaikum
I would be happy to participate in your questionair for your finals tell me when MY next day off is Thursday(12/29/05) Insha Allah just give me a time:sister: I am a convert from Baptist.:) Happy to be muslim for sure:)

sunrise_ch2000
12-27-2005, 06:11 AM
Asalam o Alaikum Sister!
I would like to participate in that questionaire too, I'm just reverted, and i would be really glad to help you. This is a very important project, and inshallah you will get some great results.

Maryam :rose:

Umm Safiya
12-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Asslamwalaikum

Jazakallah
:wasalamex ukhti..

I'm a revert, and I would love to help you out.. :D & I know another sister, who is also a member here, who would also love to.. :sister:

:salamext:

*muslimah*
12-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Assalamwalilkum

Jazakallah all, so many replies alhamdulillah.
Il get to you all as soon as possible, inshallah :)

TabTabiun
12-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Al-Hamdiullah-Inshaallah....

Andaraawus
12-30-2005, 07:59 PM
insha'Allah i will post up my conversion story once i have drawn it up .....wasalams

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-30-2005, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Andaraawus
insha'Allah i will post up my conversion story once i have drawn it up .....wasalams
If you could also add it in this thread ot would be greatly appreciated!

JazakumAllahu khayran :brother:
:w:

Barakah
11-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Asslamwalaikum

Jazakallah

Assalamu Alikum wa rahmatullah

i am doing the same for my final year dissertation sis. which uni are u from? maybe we can help eachother out? im looking for reverts too, around the greater manchester area. anyone willing to help me out too?

looking for female reverts inshaAllah. need 20.

wasalaam

*muslimah*
11-27-2006, 10:44 PM
i was at Huds uni, i did my dissertaion last year. the majority of the reverts were from the Hudds area, mostly from uni. i hardly come on the forum but if youve got any more questions jus mail me on h0359333@hud.ac.uk

jazakz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.