/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Asalamu alikum: I hope someone can help inshallah

SweetFaith
12-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Asalmau alikum dear brothers and sister in Islam

I hope you all are in good health... ameen
If my question or topic has been posted somewhere else plz direct me

I didn’t know were to post this topic so I decided to post it here ( I’m new so I wouldn’t know)… but anyways what I wanted to say is have any of you guys got motivated after going to a lecture and you feel like your going to change for the good or improve yourself. For a while your doing this maybe about 2 weeks and after that you start to slip away from what your ideal goal was. I was wondering if anyone had this experience and what you did to get back on track and keep going. Personally this has happened to me before and was interested in what other brothers and sisters did. Shokrann.

Walikuma salam
From your sister in Islam
:sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
12-20-2005, 11:31 PM
InshAllah some of the other brothers and sisters can help you here sis

(thread moved)

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

shanu
12-20-2005, 11:34 PM
Assalamu alaikum
Dear sis, i learn islam on ma own too. Sometimes, i get lazy and a bit distracted. At that time, i purposely go on da net to read abt islam, especially abt prophet Mohammed pbuh, to get motivated. Like how he lived , wat was his habits. Like once when i read that he usues miswaak in his wudhu and its 70 times( duno if im right) than a normal wudhu, i started being motivated and used miswaak. This keeps me on track. Constant reading. I read his books, hadeeth, his life story and use him as a role model. I am very sure if u try this, it may help u. If u need help, i am always available. Pls take care n may god always keep u motivated to learn islam...

Salam

Rabi'ya
12-20-2005, 11:37 PM
MashAllah , that sounds good. I tend to read hadith while im online. Takes a whlie for me to memorise things, butinshAllah if you keep on reading it helps. do you find that?

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SweetFaith
12-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Shokrann for the advise sister i will inshallah try it and may allah make the path of knowledge easier for you...ameen

SweetFaith
12-20-2005, 11:52 PM
I am sad to say that i don't really read hadiths as much as i should but i will try really hard inshallah. Sometimes its just that people around me influence my actions (not bad actions though) just not reading the quran on my free times and etc... i find it personally difficuly to attend a public high school if your a young muslim brother/sister growing up in a non-muslim counry( ppl may think opposite)

Mainul_Islam
12-21-2005, 12:59 AM
assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,

this happens to me sometimes. it happened to me a few days ago, but im feeling better again! my advice is: do not delay your prayers and listen to Quran recitation (or recite it) often... and have friends that encourage u to do good.

Rabbiyah
12-21-2005, 01:32 AM
Salam Sweet Faith I think we all go through the same thing at one point I believe you need to make dua to get back on track when you fall off I find it challenging to stay focus depending on your environment. What may work is to pray for strength and continue to push yourself to stay focus but don't overwhelm yourself on the same note I will say this finding this site is one way to find help I feel alot of love from my sisters and brothers and I just joined Sister always know that ALLAH is there you. Insha Allah I hope I helped a little Salam

azim
12-21-2005, 02:16 AM
Salamu alaykum sister.

I've been a practising Muslim for a few years now, before that, I would too have an increase in faith/iman, to do good for a few weeks before going back to my old ways again.

Abu Hanifa described imam as being something which goes through cycles of increase and decrease. What we can do is to make the most of the increase and to limit the decrease.

My advice to you is when you have an increase in Iman, and you feel like worshipping and praising Allah, then establish a single good habit. What most people do is to go all out and burn themselves out so to speak.

A small good deed done often is more beloved to Allah then big deeds only once or twice.

For example, if you don't pray five times a day, then start praying Maghrib Salah. If you can, pray others, but NEVER let go of Maghrib Salah. No matter how hard it is, pray your Maghrib Salah. Eventually it will be habit, and do it with another prayer.

Look at your heart like any other part of your body, you wouldn't suddenly go out and run a marathon with training first. It's the same with your heart and Iman, start with small good deeds (whether it be reading a page of Quran a day, or a few hadith) and work up.

Insha'Allah this helps.

Salamu alaykum.

^..sTr!vEr..^
12-21-2005, 02:20 AM
:sl:

yes..evryone goes thru this phase ...

being wid LI ppl will make thgs easier InshAllah..make dua...read go0d islamic books...+ self evalution is very necessary..Namaz helps a lot too..try listeing to Quran Recitations...
May Allah help u..

Mainul_Islam
12-21-2005, 02:37 AM
:sl: :brother: azim

i thought Asr was the most important prayer??

Issa
12-22-2005, 02:07 AM
Salaam,
I was wondering if you all could name some good books to read. I am on break from college and I am hoping that I can increase in knowledge and stay on the right track. I am new to Islam and I too get motivated and then start to 'slack'. I know I should be learning more but I'm afraid i don't know where to start. If anyone has ideas please feel free to let me know. Thank you!

hidden_treasure
12-22-2005, 02:32 AM
assalamu alaikum,

Even the sahabah (companions of the Prophet) saws, used to feel this...it is natural that the eeman goes up and down...just try to establish salaat with the sunnah prayers...and thikr...esp.morning rememberance and night rememberance..this seems to help me ..alhamdulillah...

SweetFaith
12-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Asalamu alikum dear brothers and sisters i thank you for all the advice you have given me and inshallah i will follow it.

From your sister in Isam

Z
12-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Salaam.

Mainul Islam, it is.

'Guard strictly your (habit of) prayers, especially the Middle Prayer; and stand before Allah in a devout (frame of mind).' [2:238]

Ghazi
12-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Salaam

A while back a shaik told us that some of the Sahaba were worried that they were hypocrites they asked each other, they later went to the prophet who told them if they had the same level of iman all the time they would be able to shake hands with the angels on the streets and on their beds, Iman comes and goes do dikir to strength what iman you have

shanu
12-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Dear sister issa, if you are interested in some good books, pls email me, i can send them to u thru email as i have some in ma computer n i can send them to u for free
God bless you
Sister shanu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.